Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history 16:52 - Jul 29 with 25605 viewsBrixtonBlue

People who say there is no smear campaign against Corbyn have either been taken in by it - or are part of it. Whether or not you like Corbyn/agree or disagree with his policies, surely this is not good for British politics/democracy?

With all the many many Corbyn posts on here, how many are actually about his policies?

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/opinion/jeremy-corbyn-is-the-most-smeared-poli

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:12 - Jul 31 with 1593 viewslowhouseblue

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:05 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

Sigh, here we go again.

It's not about being needy. I just expect a response the same as you expect a response when you post me a link to challenge my views. You asked for a fixed link and you would respond - I provided one and you didn't. For two days.

You also posted in the thread AFTER I posted the link.

This is why you get the reputation of "The Glasgow Swerve." I've lost count of the times when someone posts a 'difficult' bit of evidence for you and you're suddenly busy.

If you want a sensible debate on politics you need to listen to other people's views/read their links, rather than just posting your own and then suddenly becoming busy.

Incidentally, Lowhouse hasn't offered a view on the report. He's merely belittled the author.

read what I posted. i supported giant ullaa's critique of the methodology behind the study and explained to you that to identify 'smears' you first need to decide what is true and what is not. a corbynite, such as the author, will come up with lots of smears because he has a particular political view on what is true and what is not (and therefore what is a smear and what is not). someone else would calculate a different number of smears by the same logic. if you can't follow this then i don't have the energy to explain it again so let's leave it there.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:18 - Jul 31 with 1571 viewsDarth_Koont

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:10 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

Funny how he's got the time for all these posts attacking you but hasn't time to read a short (I'm guessing a minute) article.

He's by far the worst offender but unfortunately not the only one on here.

Dodging evidence and establishing "guilt" by accusation or just repeating accusations seem to be acceptable tactics nowadays.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:32 - Jul 31 with 1545 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:12 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

read what I posted. i supported giant ullaa's critique of the methodology behind the study and explained to you that to identify 'smears' you first need to decide what is true and what is not. a corbynite, such as the author, will come up with lots of smears because he has a particular political view on what is true and what is not (and therefore what is a smear and what is not). someone else would calculate a different number of smears by the same logic. if you can't follow this then i don't have the energy to explain it again so let's leave it there.

I've read what you posted. It boils down to ad hominem. You've made no effort to engage with any of the report's findings.

You also posted on this before Ulla.

Please show me evidence that the author is a "Corbynite." Just because the report doesn't attack Corbyn (as you'd wish) does not make the author a Corbynite.

Your initial reservation was that the author wasn't a journalist - as if they are paragons of virtue.

If I can't post a report from a respected professor of politics - a doctor no less - then what can I post that you'll be satisfied with?

I'd suggest anything as long as it attacks Corbyn.

And this is where proper debate ends.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:41 - Jul 31 with 1501 viewsDarth_Koont

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:32 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

I've read what you posted. It boils down to ad hominem. You've made no effort to engage with any of the report's findings.

Please show me evidence that the author is a "Corbynite." Just because the report doesn't attack Corbyn (as you'd wish) does not make the author a Corbynite.

Your initial reservation was that the author wasn't a journalist - as if they are paragons of virtue.

If I can't post a report from a respected professor of politics - a doctor no less - then what can I post that you'll be satisfied with?

The analysis of Panorama's investigation with detailed criticism of its journalistic integrity has been sidestepped too.

Unsurprising but still very disappointing.

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:43 - Jul 31 with 1502 viewslowhouseblue

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:32 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

i do think there's little point engaging with you when you can't follow reasoned arguments. you take obtuse to places it's never been before. i'll leave it there.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:47 - Jul 31 with 1491 viewsfooters

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:43 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

i do think there's little point engaging with you when you can't follow reasoned arguments. you take obtuse to places it's never been before. i'll leave it there.

Will obtuse be allowed freedom of movement in Europe, or is it a Brexiteer?

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:48 - Jul 31 with 1482 viewsDarth_Koont

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:43 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

But you haven't made a reasoned argument. A reasoned argument looks at all the evidence and addresses it - not just the evidence that suits.

That's a specious and disingenuous argument. And trying to label it as reasoned just takes that even further.

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:53 - Jul 31 with 1457 viewslowhouseblue

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:47 - Jul 31 by footers

Will obtuse be allowed freedom of movement in Europe, or is it a Brexiteer?

alas obtuse knows no borders.

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:55 - Jul 31 with 1446 viewsSpruceMoose

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:53 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

alas obtuse knows no borders.

Were you really a Labour party supporter at one point? Or were you a LP supporter in the same way Pickles was a Remain voter?

Serious question, asking for a friend.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:56 - Jul 31 with 1437 viewslowhouseblue

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:55 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

Were you really a Labour party supporter at one point? Or were you a LP supporter in the same way Pickles was a Remain voter?

oh do p*ss off back to the $6.99 plus vat jokes. you had very much found your thing.

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:58 - Jul 31 with 1428 viewsSpruceMoose

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:56 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

oh do p*ss off back to the $6.99 plus vat jokes. you had very much found your thing.

That's a rather aggressive response to a genuine question. I'm asking because you don't seem remotely left wing in your postings. I suggest you calm down and not go full Jonno.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:00 - Jul 31 with 1411 viewsfooters

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:58 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

That's a rather aggressive response to a genuine question. I'm asking because you don't seem remotely left wing in your postings. I suggest you calm down and not go full Jonno.

That and you can type piss all you like on this precious board. Don't want us going all Mary Whitehouse over here.

But possibly another example of the smear campaign that's been in relentless overdrive, Spruce?

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:01 - Jul 31 with 1405 viewslowhouseblue

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:58 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

please feel free to link anything i have posted that puts me anywhere other than towards the middle of the parliamentary labour party. or you could just make stuff up.

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:03 - Jul 31 with 1390 viewslowhouseblue

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:00 - Jul 31 by footers

That and you can type piss all you like on this precious board. Don't want us going all Mary Whitehouse over here.

But possibly another example of the smear campaign that's been in relentless overdrive, Spruce?

in truth I haven't spent much time challenging the swear filter. phil always strikes me as a bit prissy so I just assumed the worst.

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:03 - Jul 31 with 1388 viewsSpruceMoose

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:00 - Jul 31 by footers

He got so needlessly angry that he dropped his capital letters.

The smear campaign is driven by jealousy Footers my old fruity. The fields and village greens from Laxfield to Clacton are full of jealous urchins.

Lowhouse is clearly furious that I am well loved for my super sale antics, whereas he's known for... well... I'm not sure what really. Being a footnote to a Glassers post?

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:07 - Jul 31 with 1366 viewswkj

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:03 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

The smear campaign is driven by jealousy Footers my old fruity. The fields and village greens from Laxfield to Clacton are full of jealous urchins.

Lowhouse is clearly furious that I am well loved for my super sale antics, whereas he's known for... well... I'm not sure what really. Being a footnote to a Glassers post?

We don't have a village green, we have a playing field (privately owned) and a coop.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:08 - Jul 31 with 1351 viewsSpruceMoose

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:07 - Jul 31 by wkj

We don't have a village green, we have a playing field (privately owned) and a coop.

A chicken coop?

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:09 - Jul 31 with 1346 viewsWD19

This is akin to asking 'Is Mark Fish the most smeared centre back the club has ever had?'

He might be.....but it kind of misses the point.....
Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:09 - Jul 31 with 1346 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:05 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

Sigh, here we go again.

It's not about being needy. I just expect a response the same as you expect a response when you post me a link to challenge my views. You asked for a fixed link and you would respond - I provided one and you didn't. For two days.

You also posted in the thread AFTER I posted the link.

This is why you get the reputation of "The Glasgow Swerve." I've lost count of the times when someone posts a 'difficult' bit of evidence for you and you're suddenly busy.

If you want a sensible debate on politics you need to listen to other people's views/read their links, rather than just posting your own and then suddenly becoming busy.

Incidentally, Lowhouse hasn't offered a view on the report. He's merely belittled the author.

Sorry Dollers but if I’m going to answer you then I know that nothing less than a post the length of War and Peace will satisfy you. That means I shall have to read your link, take in everything it says and type a reply that will be fact based.

My reply to Swansea the other night was in between two games of scrabble. You may not be aware but kids are off school and need occupied day and night. Yesterday we took full advantage of the weather and had a walk up the Campsies.

When I reply to you shall be at my choosing. That you have chased me twice for a reply ensures I shall be an awkward c@nt and blank replying for another day or so. Especially as I’m quite busy with work anyway.

When I do decide to reply I won’t jump up and down like a three year old demanding you answer my post.

TWTD is great. But sometimes life gets in the way.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:09 - Jul 31 with 1345 viewswkj

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:08 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

A chicken coop?

Few of those TBF, people thinking allotments should have animals on them and not fruits - mental people.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:11 - Jul 31 with 1330 viewsGlasgowBlue

So if I get this right, unless I agree 100% with the article you aren’t going to agree with what I post?

Well that saves me reading and critiquing it then. Cheers.

Iron Lion Zion

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:11 - Jul 31 with 1329 viewsSpruceMoose

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:09 - Jul 31 by GlasgowBlue

Sorry Dollers but if I’m going to answer you then I know that nothing less than a post the length of War and Peace will satisfy you. That means I shall have to read your link, take in everything it says and type a reply that will be fact based.

My reply to Swansea the other night was in between two games of scrabble. You may not be aware but kids are off school and need occupied day and night. Yesterday we took full advantage of the weather and had a walk up the Campsies.

When I reply to you shall be at my choosing. That you have chased me twice for a reply ensures I shall be an awkward c@nt and blank replying for another day or so. Especially as I’m quite busy with work anyway.

When I do decide to reply I won’t jump up and down like a three year old demanding you answer my post.

TWTD is great. But sometimes life gets in the way.

With the decline in smoking kids have a hard time filling the holidays nowadays, as they are not needed to go down the shops all the time for a pack of smokes for their mother or father.

Careful on that Scrabble though, experts warn that playing Scrabble too close to bed time can be overstimulating and lead to a restless nights sleep.

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:12 - Jul 31 with 1325 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:10 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

Funny how he's got the time for all these posts attacking you but hasn't time to read a short (I'm guessing a minute) article.

Yeah it took me a whole ten seconds to call DK a crank.

Iron Lion Zion

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:12 - Jul 31 with 1320 viewsfooters

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:03 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

But why are people attempting to smear us? And who?

If anyone on this board is envious of me, I'd seek serious help. No need to pull a man down when he's just out here trying his best.

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 14:15 - Jul 31 with 1301 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeremy Corbyn is the most smeared politician in history on 13:55 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

Having crossed swords politically with lowhouse in here for over a decade I can confirm he was a lifelong member of the Labour Party. I believe his father held a position in his local CLP.

I think that after knocking on doors getting people to vote Labour for donkeys years he’s rather pissed of that it is now lead by a racist terrorist sympathiser.

Shame in him for that eh?

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024