Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ahem II 14:49 - Jul 26 with 9280 viewsPhilTWTD

Can we have slightly less squabbling for the rest of the afternoon? Got stuff to do. Will just ban people who continue to waste our time.
Ahem II: The Revenge of the Mods (n/t) on 14:51 - Jul 26 with 4294 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ahem II on 14:51 - Jul 26 with 4293 viewswkj

Dunno Phil, you're on a hatrick now mate, 2-0 is a dangerous scoreline afterall

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ahem II on 14:52 - Jul 26 with 4278 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Harry news has been taken badly by some I feel.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ahem II on 14:52 - Jul 26 with 4260 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone say something nice about a fellow poster.

Stokie, I always like the articles you link to. I find them fascinating and always enjoy your thoughts on them.

Next!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ahem II on 14:53 - Jul 26 with 4247 viewsSpruceMoose

Ahem II on 14:51 - Jul 26 by wkj

Dunno Phil, you're on a hatrick now mate, 2-0 is a dangerous scoreline afterall

Kinnockers should keep his head down...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Ahem II on 14:54 - Jul 26 with 4233 viewswkj

Ahem II on 14:53 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

Kinnockers should keep his head down...

...dont you start. Took you off of ignore for that... Smh

Crybaby

Ahem II on 14:56 - Jul 26 with 4203 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ahem II on 14:52 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

Stokie, I always like the articles you link to. I find them fascinating and always enjoy your thoughts on them.

Next!

Steve_M hasn’t made me cry today (yet)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ahem II on 15:08 - Jul 26 with 4153 viewsfactual_blue

boris is......

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Ahem II on 15:18 - Jul 26 with 4110 viewsSitfcB

Who has Sprucey been winding up now?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ahem II on 15:19 - Jul 26 with 4104 viewswkj

Ahem II on 15:18 - Jul 26 by SitfcB

Me, unfortunately, but I shut him down like a gooden

Crybaby

Ahem II on 15:22 - Jul 26 with 4087 viewsSpruceMoose

Ahem II on 15:18 - Jul 26 by SitfcB

Those who are dim enough to wound up by me deserve whatever punishment Phil dishes out.

Ahem II on 18:46 - Jul 26 with 3946 viewsEwan_Oozami

Ahem II on 15:08 - Jul 26 by factual_blue

boris is......

... a punk rocker

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Ahem II on 20:03 - Jul 26 with 3857 viewsRyorry

Ahem II on 14:52 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

Next!

At last, a chance to give a pat on the back to some who tend to go undeservedly under the radar but who are clearly salt of the forum lovely peeps - a shout out for North_stand77, Coastal blue, MontyRadio, NthSuffolkBlue, Scuzzer & many more

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ahem II on 23:42 - Jul 26 with 3726 viewsBogblue

Ahem II on 20:03 - Jul 26 by Ryorry

At last, a chance to give a pat on the back to some who tend to go undeservedly under the radar but who are clearly salt of the forum lovely peeps - a shout out for North_stand77, Coastal blue, MontyRadio, NthSuffolkBlue, Scuzzer & many more

can't see why this was downvoted?
Ahem II on 08:54 - Jul 27 with 3571 viewsStokieBlue

What are your thoughts on climate change denial groups being cited as gospel sources and the inevitable subsequent argument that follows? It's especially interesting given the same poster does it with everything they can. Anti-vax, modern medicine, 9/11, climate change, luminarti style groups etc. It almost seems like a game to said poster and always ends the same way.

Surely this should be challenged? If that counts as squabbling then so be it. Whilst demonstrably fake news which is potentially damaging to impressionable minds is posted it'll be challenged and squabbling will ensue.

A few were suckered in by the nonsense already which is unfortunate, however unless it's made clear that fake news on any subject isn't acceptable then it's not going to stop.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ahem II on 08:55 - Jul 27 with 3554 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ahem II on 23:42 - Jul 26 by Bogblue

can't see why this was downvoted?

Some posters would downvote Ryory if she said Ipswich played in blue. It’s a form of passive bullying and shows those posters in bad light.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ahem II on 08:58 - Jul 27 with 3548 viewskinnockers

Ahem II on 08:54 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

What are your thoughts on climate change denial groups being cited as gospel sources and the inevitable subsequent argument that follows? It's especially interesting given the same poster does it with everything they can. Anti-vax, modern medicine, 9/11, climate change, luminarti style groups etc. It almost seems like a game to said poster and always ends the same way.

Surely this should be challenged? If that counts as squabbling then so be it. Whilst demonstrably fake news which is potentially damaging to impressionable minds is posted it'll be challenged and squabbling will ensue.

A few were suckered in by the nonsense already which is unfortunate, however unless it's made clear that fake news on any subject isn't acceptable then it's not going to stop.

SB

Can someone explain why I got dog's abuse on here for saying I liked Vax hoovers a while back? I am seriously dedicated to my Vax wet and dry vac, had it years now, lovely little unit. And as soon as I post about it I get loads of vile, personal PMs?!

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

Ahem II on 09:00 - Jul 27 with 3539 viewswkj

Ahem II on 08:58 - Jul 27 by kinnockers

Can someone explain why I got dog's abuse on here for saying I liked Vax hoovers a while back? I am seriously dedicated to my Vax wet and dry vac, had it years now, lovely little unit. And as soon as I post about it I get loads of vile, personal PMs?!

Oh Paz, what a tis to be in so early

Crybaby

Ahem II on 09:11 - Jul 27 with 3494 viewsWD19

Ahem II on 15:08 - Jul 26 by factual_blue

boris is......

....what Boris does.
Ahem II on 09:48 - Jul 27 with 3451 viewsjeera

Ahem II on 08:58 - Jul 27 by kinnockers

The Wet and Dry is a rather archaic piece of kit now I'd have thought, but the old machines were the toughest and most reliable that's for sure.

I'm in search of a reasonably priced carpet cleaner but despite their massive range, I cannot spot one that doesn't seem to be gravity fed.

I've had those before and they just don't cut it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ahem II on 09:55 - Jul 27 with 3428 viewsPhilTWTD

SB

Not really what I was talking about, was more the pointless needling and poking. Certainly think that sort of thing should be challenged.
Ahem II on 11:33 - Jul 27 with 3318 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

SB

Gospel sources.....why do you persist in putting words/intent in peoples mouths that they have not used?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ahem II on 11:36 - Jul 27 with 3311 viewskinnockers

Ahem II on 09:48 - Jul 27 by jeera

The Wet and Dry is a rather archaic piece of kit now I'd have thought, but the old machines were the toughest and most reliable that's for sure.

I'm in search of a reasonably priced carpet cleaner but despite their massive range, I cannot spot one that doesn't seem to be gravity fed.

I've had those before and they just don't cut it.

Been a trusted servant for years in our household. The lesson is simple but one worth learning: buy cheap, pay twice.

Good carpets need a good hoover.

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

Ahem II on 11:40 - Jul 27 with 3300 viewsDanTheMan

Ahem II on 11:36 - Jul 27 by kinnockers

Been a trusted servant for years in our household. The lesson is simple but one worth learning: buy cheap, pay twice.

Good carpets need a good hoover.

Reminds of this

The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money.

Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles.

But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in ten years' time, while the poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet.

This was the Captain Samuel Vimes 'Boots' theory of socioeconomic unfairness.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ahem II on 11:51 - Jul 27 with 3269 viewsRyorry

Ahem II on 08:55 - Jul 27 by GlasgowBlue

Some posters would downvote Ryory if she said Ipswich played in blue. It’s a form of passive bullying and shows those posters in bad light.

**Ipswich play in blue*!!

^sits back in anticipation^ ...

I seem to be the go-to cat to kick in vt's life, which I can only assume is somewhat unhappy. Has been said to me by another poster that he seems to only log in to downvote me.

Seablu has long followed me around downvoting me, I've no idea why, but I know other posters have similar problems with a few others. As I've said several times before, this just seems to completely invalidate the cumulative voting system, which I think should be abolished.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024