Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ahem II 14:49 - Jul 26 with 9313 viewsPhilTWTD

Can we have slightly less squabbling for the rest of the afternoon? Got stuff to do. Will just ban people who continue to waste our time.
Ahem II on 14:13 - Jul 27 with 2717 viewsBackToRussia

Ahem II on 13:30 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

Who are these people exactly?

It's a serious question because I think you'll have difficulty demonstrating that it's solely post industrial revolution climate change that is the cause of their plight.

But go on, I don't mind being wrong.

Yes that is your MO isn't it. Make everything have an element of doubt so you can sow another seed.

I'll carry on believing we're heading for a climate catastrophe and you don't. That's fine by me. It's not like you matter.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Ahem II on 14:22 - Jul 27 with 2683 viewsfooters

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ahem II on 14:24 - Jul 27 with 2679 viewswkj

Ahem II on 14:22 - Jul 27 by footers

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ahem II on 14:27 - Jul 27 with 2661 viewscaught-in-limbo

Ahem II on 14:13 - Jul 27 by BackToRussia

Yes that is your MO isn't it. Make everything have an element of doubt so you can sow another seed.

I'll carry on believing we're heading for a climate catastrophe and you don't. That's fine by me. It's not like you matter.

I can only be guilty of mocking the mortally affected if they exist.

You seem to be unable to tell me who they are.

If my MO is to sow the seeds of doubt, surely the best way to counter that is to remove that doubt by telling me who I'm mocking.

Seriously, who are these people who are mortally affected by the affects of climate change? Are you one of them? Do you know any? Have you seen their mortal suffering on TV?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Ahem II on 14:30 - Jul 27 with 2652 viewsBackToRussia

Ahem II on 14:27 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

If my MO is to sow the seeds of doubt, surely the best way to counter that is to remove that doubt by telling me who I'm mocking.

Seriously, who are these people who are mortally affected by the affects of climate change? Are you one of them? Do you know any? Have you seen their mortal suffering on TV?

You've already admitted you wouldn't see them as proofs of human caused climate change so what's the point.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Ahem II on 14:32 - Jul 27 with 2637 viewscaught-in-limbo

Ahem II on 14:30 - Jul 27 by BackToRussia

You've already admitted you wouldn't see them as proofs of human caused climate change so what's the point.

No I haven't. You made that up. Be honest.

Who are they? Where do they live? What country?

#toxic

Ahem II on 14:34 - Jul 27 with 2625 viewsBigManBlue

Ahem II on 14:30 - Jul 27 by BackToRussia

Talk about climate change, it was boiling Thursday and now it's p*ssing it down.

Ah well, it's probably them Russians anyway, "she wants to take our cars from out our garages".

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Ahem II on 14:36 - Jul 27 with 2619 viewsBackToRussia

Ahem II on 14:32 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

No I haven't. You made that up. Be honest.

Who are they? Where do they live? What country?

There are crop failures on the horn of Africa right now due to drought, there's been people dying in Europe due to an unprecedented heatwave. There has been a huge increase in flooding in areas like Bangladesh that are at sea level. There's constantly more soil lost to soil erosion and soils degrade all the time meaning our global ability to grow food is getting even harder. Coupled with extremes of climate and drought you have people with less food, and dying. There have been famines in Africa in the last few years.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Login to get fewer ads

Ahem II on 14:36 - Jul 27 with 2616 viewsBackToRussia

Ahem II on 14:36 - Jul 27 by BackToRussia

There are crop failures on the horn of Africa right now due to drought, there's been people dying in Europe due to an unprecedented heatwave. There has been a huge increase in flooding in areas like Bangladesh that are at sea level. There's constantly more soil lost to soil erosion and soils degrade all the time meaning our global ability to grow food is getting even harder. Coupled with extremes of climate and drought you have people with less food, and dying. There have been famines in Africa in the last few years.

Vast swathes of the artic circle are on fire. Do you care?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Ahem II on 14:40 - Jul 27 with 2606 viewsRyorry

Ahem II on 14:13 - Jul 27 by BackToRussia

Ironic that determination to have an 'open-minded alternative view of everything' has become such a concrete mind-set with her that it now denotes exactly the opposite - ie rigid closed-mindedness. Not sure she even realises this herself.

I think it does matter in that (again ironically), getting "the masses" of protesters to waste their time and energy on obvious trolls promoting the "alternative" point of view, is a common diversionary tactic amongst powerful global corps to protect their businesses. Not saying that's exactly the case here, but many on this thread have put huge amouts of time/energy into countering CIL's pov which they could have spent, at least partly, on actually doing constructive things to counter climate change, if not directly then indirectly.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ahem II on 14:45 - Jul 27 with 2589 viewsSpruceMoose

Ahem II on 14:40 - Jul 27 by Ryorry

Ironic that determination to have an 'open-minded alternative view of everything' has become such a concrete mind-set with her that it now denotes exactly the opposite - ie rigid closed-mindedness. Not sure she even realises this herself.

I think it does matter in that (again ironically), getting "the masses" of protesters to waste their time and energy on obvious trolls promoting the "alternative" point of view, is a common diversionary tactic amongst powerful global corps to protect their businesses. Not saying that's exactly the case here, but many on this thread have put huge amouts of time/energy into countering CIL's pov which they could have spent, at least partly, on actually doing constructive things to counter climate change, if not directly then indirectly.

I have no idea why people play CiL's little wind up game. As the forum gadfly her pointlessness is only matched by her overblown sense of self importance. She's a succubus, feeding on growing frustration.

Just point and laugh folks, point and laugh.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 14:46]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ahem II on 16:08 - Jul 27 with 2524 viewseireblue

Ahem II on 14:40 - Jul 27 by Ryorry

I believe a quote that applies, is too not be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
Ahem II on 16:30 - Jul 27 with 2494 viewscaught-in-limbo

Ahem II on 14:36 - Jul 27 by BackToRussia

Horn of Africa: One thing that has characterised the Horn of Africa over the last 40 years is political instability and wars. The geography of this area means that droughts and famines have been a part of life for centuries. The best way to avoid the awful suffering experienced by these peoples during times of drought would be to encourage political stability and international dept.

Current European heatwaves: People, especially the old and infirm but also healthy people doing sports die in hot and cold weather conditions. It would be interesting to see fatality statistics and each victim's health records to better comment.

There has been a huge increase in flooding in areas like Bangladesh that are at sea level: Bangladesh is effectively the basin draining a vast area to the North and west including the Himalyas and some of the wettest monsoon affected sub-tropical parts of the planet to the East. Flooding is a part of Bangladeshi existence and high fatalities are more a result of a very large population living in poor housing in an enormous river delta. British partition of India in the 1940 is the chief reason for such a high population living in this area. I know this, I am half Bengali.

Soil erosion:m The chief cause of soil erosion is deforestation and intensive farming.

Famines in Africa:
There have been famines resulting from weather induced failed harvests in parts of Africa since way before biblical times. It's a part of life resulting from geography and climate but also political instability, poor infrastructure and dept slavery in more recent years.

As I have said before, I am not denying that manmade climate change exists nor that adverse weather kills millions of people every year. I am just sceptical about whether global power groups are more concerned with cashing in on the situation or really truing to prevent it.

Knowing exactly who is dying as a result of adverse weather caused by man and how, is of great importance in trying to deal with the problem. I personally think that moves towards reforestation of the Amazon and other deforested areas of the world would be more effective than the "net-zero" carbon emissions which our governments are saturating most climate discussions with.

#toxic

Ahem II on 16:41 - Jul 27 with 2479 viewsBackToRussia

Ahem II on 16:30 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

Horn of Africa: One thing that has characterised the Horn of Africa over the last 40 years is political instability and wars. The geography of this area means that droughts and famines have been a part of life for centuries. The best way to avoid the awful suffering experienced by these peoples during times of drought would be to encourage political stability and international dept.

Current European heatwaves: People, especially the old and infirm but also healthy people doing sports die in hot and cold weather conditions. It would be interesting to see fatality statistics and each victim's health records to better comment.

There has been a huge increase in flooding in areas like Bangladesh that are at sea level: Bangladesh is effectively the basin draining a vast area to the North and west including the Himalyas and some of the wettest monsoon affected sub-tropical parts of the planet to the East. Flooding is a part of Bangladeshi existence and high fatalities are more a result of a very large population living in poor housing in an enormous river delta. British partition of India in the 1940 is the chief reason for such a high population living in this area. I know this, I am half Bengali.

Soil erosion:m The chief cause of soil erosion is deforestation and intensive farming.

Famines in Africa:
There have been famines resulting from weather induced failed harvests in parts of Africa since way before biblical times. It's a part of life resulting from geography and climate but also political instability, poor infrastructure and dept slavery in more recent years.

As I have said before, I am not denying that manmade climate change exists nor that adverse weather kills millions of people every year. I am just sceptical about whether global power groups are more concerned with cashing in on the situation or really truing to prevent it.

Knowing exactly who is dying as a result of adverse weather caused by man and how, is of great importance in trying to deal with the problem. I personally think that moves towards reforestation of the Amazon and other deforested areas of the world would be more effective than the "net-zero" carbon emissions which our governments are saturating most climate discussions with.

And everything listed above are getting worse, more intense, and happening more often, because of climate change. It's really not that hard.

You've accused them of sponsoring a child whose agenda is to get them to cut our CO2 emissions, she said this in her latest speech. She said, it's very simple, we have to stop emitting C02. This can only happen by a rapid deindustrialisation or clean up of fossil fuel energy.

It's going to take all the strategies available. We have to plant new trees as well as stop deforestation. New trees do not absorb nearly as much CO2 as mature ones. It's a pretty obvious point that carbon offsetting is a limited tool, but then that's clearly not been the thrust of this thread so it's disingenuous of you to try to make out like that's been your main concern all along.

You've yet to present evidence as to why you think the capitalists listed are not actually trying to prevent it.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 16:42]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Ahem II on 16:53 - Jul 27 with 2465 viewsHerbivore

Who is making serious money out of the climate change agenda and how are they making that money?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ahem II on 17:02 - Jul 27 with 2448 viewsPhilTWTD

Ahem II on 12:43 - Jul 27 by DanTheMan

It's from Men at Arms, a Discworld novel.

I'm sure I've read something not dissimilar in a more serious academic economic context.
Ahem II on 17:45 - Jul 27 with 2409 viewsJ2BLUE

My 'Six Posters to Ban to Restore TWTD to its Former Glory' paper is still available if you would like it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ahem II on 17:48 - Jul 27 with 2404 viewsjeera

Ahem II on 17:45 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

My 'Six Posters to Ban to Restore TWTD to its Former Glory' paper is still available if you would like it.

I would want to see it first.

Just in case.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ahem II on 17:57 - Jul 27 with 2392 viewsHerbivore

Ahem II on 17:48 - Jul 27 by jeera

Just in case.

Pretty sure I'd be in it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ahem II on 18:03 - Jul 27 with 2383 viewsDarth_Koont

Ahem II on 17:57 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

Pretty sure I'd be in it.

Me too.

And J2 probably put himself in as well. The pervert.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ahem II on 18:20 - Jul 27 with 2362 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ahem II on 14:27 - Jul 27 by caught-in-limbo

Look in the Maldives, where rare fresh water wells are being inundated by saltwater and sea defences failing
Look in Greenland (actually it’s potentially a plus there - their traditional way of life is disappearing, but they can now grow foods they’ve had to previously import)
Look to the UK where increased storminess and flash flooding is impacting communities and businesses
Look to the northern slopes of the Himalaya where glacier-fed water supplies are drying up
Look to the insects, animals and fish that are being affected (I know you said people, but these are better indicators as they’re not as resilient

I could go on, and on, and on (but I won’t 🙃)

In short, look at the World around you. Travel to some of these places, speak to the people there.

Edit. Wildfires is another one.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 19:01]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ahem II on 18:23 - Jul 27 with 2350 viewsJ2BLUE

Ahem II on 17:48 - Jul 27 by jeera

Just in case.

You need to be an admin with at least 11 years experience. And not be an up vote stealing git.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ahem II on 18:28 - Jul 27 with 2340 viewswkj

Ahem II on 18:23 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

You need to be an admin with at least 11 years experience. And not be an up vote stealing git.

11 year of experience in IT and not being in a coffin at the end is a remarkable feat

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ahem II on 18:56 - Jul 27 with 2311 viewsDanTheMan

Ahem II on 18:28 - Jul 27 by wkj

11 year of experience in IT and not being in a coffin at the end is a remarkable feat

*counts*

Oh no.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ahem II on 18:59 - Jul 27 with 2304 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ahem II on 18:28 - Jul 27 by wkj

That's the worse thing I've heard of on hear. I had no idea necrophilia was so common with IT workers. Shocking stuff.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024