Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements 19:40 - Jul 4 with 2758 viewsitfcjoe

Travelled with the 1st team to Germany, excellent news
[Post edited 4 Jul 2019 19:52]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Armando Dobra on 19:47 - Jul 4 with 2699 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Similar position to Idris ??? unless I am imagining things.

What is he like compared to the other young lads? Being honest when I saw Idris last season I didn't really know what his game was and what his qualities were. Maybe because he came in at a bad time, but I didn't really see it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Armando Dobra on 19:52 - Jul 4 with 2672 viewsitfcjoe

Armando Dobra on 19:47 - Jul 4 by TRUE_BLUE123

Similar position to Idris ??? unless I am imagining things.

What is he like compared to the other young lads? Being honest when I saw Idris last season I didn't really know what his game was and what his qualities were. Maybe because he came in at a bad time, but I didn't really see it.

Idris more of a box to box player where Dobra comes alive more as a number 10 in and around the box

Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 19:57 - Jul 4 with 2621 viewsbontcho

At the moment Clements is our 4th choice full back after Kenlock, Donacien and Emmanuel I’d have thought.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 20:22 - Jul 4 with 2464 viewsfloridaboy

Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 19:57 - Jul 4 by bontcho

At the moment Clements is our 4th choice full back after Kenlock, Donacien and Emmanuel I’d have thought.

Thought young Clements was a left back whereas Emmanuel is right as is Donacien.

I still think Nydam would make a good left back, he has played there a couple of times for the Under 23s and didn't look out of place if I remember correctly
Anno Domine & Before Christ on 21:21 - Jul 4 with 2315 viewsTrequartista

Are they viable first team players?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 22:05 - Jul 4 with 2244 viewsxrayspecs

Could also signal that we are one attacking midfielder and one defender down on the squad that PL is trying to build for next season.
Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 07:36 - Jul 5 with 2112 viewsbontcho

Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 20:22 - Jul 4 by floridaboy

Thought young Clements was a left back whereas Emmanuel is right as is Donacien.

I still think Nydam would make a good left back, he has played there a couple of times for the Under 23s and didn't look out of place if I remember correctly

I initially put 2nd choice left back, but Donacien can play both so had to go for a rapid reword.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Anno Domine & Before Christ on 07:40 - Jul 5 with 2095 viewsSuperblue95

Anno Domine & Before Christ on 21:21 - Jul 4 by Trequartista

Are they viable first team players?

If it means we don’t have to sign anybody else then yes

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 08:19 - Jul 5 with 2033 viewspimballwizard

"Bailey " travels to Germany with the first team ?

There goes the neighbourhood.....
Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 08:30 - Jul 5 with 2011 viewschicoazul

Is it excellent news, or a damning indictment of our transfer policy?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 10:30 - Jul 5 with 1890 viewsitfcjoe

Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 08:30 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

Is it excellent news, or a damning indictment of our transfer policy?

2 schools of thought on it for me.

I think it's excellent news that they are getting opportunities to impress with my 'academy hat' on, a number of academy players oftne get opportunities at this time of the year and these 2 are very unlikely to be in first team bar a mad season.

But, yes, the fact there are so many academy players in the fold at the moment isn't best for a promotion challenge

Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 10:36 - Jul 5 with 1856 viewsDarth_Koont

Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 10:30 - Jul 5 by itfcjoe

2 schools of thought on it for me.

I think it's excellent news that they are getting opportunities to impress with my 'academy hat' on, a number of academy players oftne get opportunities at this time of the year and these 2 are very unlikely to be in first team bar a mad season.

But, yes, the fact there are so many academy players in the fold at the moment isn't best for a promotion challenge

Over the last two decades in the Championship we've generally done better with a smaller, leaner squad.

Although this feels a bit more like the exception to that in 2005-06 when Royle was left with a handful of senior players and we had to blood a dozen youngsters. We still finished comfortably safe in midtable but that side just didn't have the stamina over a whole season. Hopefully, Lambert will get the balance right as we'll need to be on our game from August to May next year.

Pronouns: He/Him

Armando Dobra & Bailey Clements on 11:06 - Jul 5 with 1779 viewsmonty_radio

I've liked what I've seen of Clements, but that's - as so often with "full-backs" - in an attacking sense. Has the proverbial cultured wand of a left foot (why is that never said of a right-footer?). Not seen him as a resolute defender, but, then again, not much call for that at U23 level.

On other hand, I don't feel Kenlock will surpass what we've seen him do already. If a left-back's first job is to stop crosses coming into the box, then I watched four times in a single half when, right in front of me, it didn't happen. I wish him well, but doubt we have the current answer in the building.

If those young players on the trip are there to get acquainted, fair enough. But it doesn't seem to bode well for the club's intentions to buy where needed.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 13:05]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024