Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury 15:37 - Jul 1 with 26630 viewsMoriarty

Or Eco hypocrites? People responsible for this mess have no right to preach about environmental matters.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2019/07/01/news/world-news/glastonbury-aft

fka omuircheartaigh

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:30 - Jul 2 with 2550 viewsWeWereZombies

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:14 - Jul 2 by eireblue

I was getting off a train, and had to do some work earlier, so could only acknowledge your apology with an uppie. Accepted, we can all make mistakes.

In one survey, the demographic of glasto attendees does not really match your characterisation.
Some people, sure.

In terms of hypocrisy, I am not sure that case can be made.

If I travelled to a festival, didn’t wash much and stayed in a tent, and just see local catering, my carbon footprint for those three days, could be lower.

I have lived in places were the council will take extra rubbish, left in n a plastic bag with bins, and sometimes they don’t. I am fully aware of that. And of course I pay for that service. E.g. if my bins are full, excess in bags will be removed.
That seems from all evidence to happen at Glastonbury and of her festivals.

I don’t want to put this all on you, but Moriarty seems that have ducked out, and you are happy to apologise when wrong, however,...

In what way are festival goers demonstrating hypocrisy?

I think you have to make the case that attending a festival is a huge increase from in the carbon footprint, for a majority of people that are concerned about the environment, and all people that left rubbish in a bag are completely unaware that the rubbish gets cleared up.

Can you tell I am back on the train?

If you can’t definitively prove some of the above, and you are incorrect about the demographics, are not your arguments equally inane and somewhat akin to bullying.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 16:29]

Another thing about the OP (Moriarty's) - if you click on the link and want to read beyond the first paragraph it looks like you have to accept signing up for more feeds. Complaining about clutter with a link that clutters up our inboxes?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:34 - Jul 2 with 2550 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 14:13 - Jul 2 by unstableblue

Oh and here’s a photo of Pyramid on Monday lunchtime... oh it’s a horrible mess those evil Glastonbury

Just try and be positive occasionally, world would be a better place

Just to play a bit of DA, bit just because some nice volunteers cleared the mess up that doesn’t actually counter the OP’s point re those that left the mess, does it?

I don’t think anyone’s actually made the point that the festival itself is bad for the environment, unless I’ve missed it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:50 - Jul 2 with 2533 views26_Paz

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:14 - Jul 2 by eireblue

I was getting off a train, and had to do some work earlier, so could only acknowledge your apology with an uppie. Accepted, we can all make mistakes.

In one survey, the demographic of glasto attendees does not really match your characterisation.
Some people, sure.

In terms of hypocrisy, I am not sure that case can be made.

If I travelled to a festival, didn’t wash much and stayed in a tent, and just see local catering, my carbon footprint for those three days, could be lower.

I have lived in places were the council will take extra rubbish, left in n a plastic bag with bins, and sometimes they don’t. I am fully aware of that. And of course I pay for that service. E.g. if my bins are full, excess in bags will be removed.
That seems from all evidence to happen at Glastonbury and of her festivals.

I don’t want to put this all on you, but Moriarty seems that have ducked out, and you are happy to apologise when wrong, however,...

In what way are festival goers demonstrating hypocrisy?

I think you have to make the case that attending a festival is a huge increase from in the carbon footprint, for a majority of people that are concerned about the environment, and all people that left rubbish in a bag are completely unaware that the rubbish gets cleared up.

Can you tell I am back on the train?

If you can’t definitively prove some of the above, and you are incorrect about the demographics, are not your arguments equally inane and somewhat akin to bullying.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 16:29]

I was talking about wider hypocrisy than just the environmental aspect. I was talking about the general left wing, anti capitalist bias at Glastonbury (see ‘Stormzy’s’ little rant) being a little bit hard to take coming from a mainly middle class crowd. My point was that the whole ‘f@ck the establishment’ vibe is a little ironic when most of the crowd are children of the establishment.
Of course I can’t definitely prove some of the above but it’s my opinion, having an opinion is not bullying. Ganging up, saying someone is trolling and refusing to engage because you consider somebody too stupid to be worthwhile is bullying. BTW, I’m not talking about you there, I admire and thank you for readily accepting my earlier apology.

The Paz Man

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:53 - Jul 2 with 2530 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:34 - Jul 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Just to play a bit of DA, bit just because some nice volunteers cleared the mess up that doesn’t actually counter the OP’s point re those that left the mess, does it?

I don’t think anyone’s actually made the point that the festival itself is bad for the environment, unless I’ve missed it

"I don’t think anyone’s actually made the point that the festival itself is bad for the environment, unless I’ve missed it"

Would that even be a good point though? What would be the purpose of making it? I doubt Glastonbury would make a list of the top 50 most polluting actions carried out in the UK that week. Certainly not compared to the environmental costs of certain industries.

Large gatherings of people generate waste, but remember that each person at that festival would still have been generating waste if they hadn't gone to the festival and had stayed at home instead.

OP didn't care about the environmental cost anyway. OP cared about having a pop at the kind of people he imagines (incorrectly) attend Glastonbury.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:54 - Jul 2 with 2526 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:50 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

I was talking about wider hypocrisy than just the environmental aspect. I was talking about the general left wing, anti capitalist bias at Glastonbury (see ‘Stormzy’s’ little rant) being a little bit hard to take coming from a mainly middle class crowd. My point was that the whole ‘f@ck the establishment’ vibe is a little ironic when most of the crowd are children of the establishment.
Of course I can’t definitely prove some of the above but it’s my opinion, having an opinion is not bullying. Ganging up, saying someone is trolling and refusing to engage because you consider somebody too stupid to be worthwhile is bullying. BTW, I’m not talking about you there, I admire and thank you for readily accepting my earlier apology.

"most of the crowd are children of the establishment."

When you say silly things like this it just exposes how silly your argument is, and how large the chip on your should has become.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:03 - Jul 2 with 2511 views26_Paz

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:54 - Jul 2 by SpruceMoose

"most of the crowd are children of the establishment."

When you say silly things like this it just exposes how silly your argument is, and how large the chip on your should has become.

I was talking to eireblue who is a decent bloke and not part of your mafia.
That is my opinion, you may think it’s silly but I think a lot of what you and the mafia say is silly.

The Paz Man

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:20 - Jul 2 with 2485 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:03 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

I was talking to eireblue who is a decent bloke and not part of your mafia.
That is my opinion, you may think it’s silly but I think a lot of what you and the mafia say is silly.

"Mafia".

For future reference, who is in this 'mafia' exactly?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 17:21]

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:24 - Jul 2 with 2479 viewsjeera

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:20 - Jul 2 by SpruceMoose

"Mafia".

For future reference, who is in this 'mafia' exactly?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 17:21]

You and 'Bugsy' Footers there.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:25 - Jul 2 with 2476 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:24 - Jul 2 by jeera

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:27 - Jul 2 with 2475 viewsfooters

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:24 - Jul 2 by jeera

People are really sticking the boot into dear old footers of late!

I apologise for my horrible behaviour :(

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:28 - Jul 2 with 2470 viewsjeera

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:27 - Jul 2 by footers

People are really sticking the boot into dear old footers of late!

I apologise for my horrible behaviour :(

Don't be so delicate.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:30 - Jul 2 with 2464 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:28 - Jul 2 by jeera

Don't be so delicate.

Or such an aggressive little melt.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:30 - Jul 2 with 2465 viewsjeera

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:30 - Jul 2 by SpruceMoose

Or such an aggressive little melt.

Heh.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:01 - Jul 2 with 2438 viewsfooters

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 17:28 - Jul 2 by jeera

Don't be so delicate.

Why do bad things always happen to good people (me)?

Not only is it unfair it's also very frustrating.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:04 - Jul 2 with 2432 viewsHerbivore

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:50 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

Stormzy is hardly a child of the establishment. And calling people who are part of the broad middle class children of the establishment is quite a stretch. And as has already been pointed out to you, whatever social class you are from you have the right to speak out against inequality and against a massive jeb-end like Boris. I wish more establishment types would do so actually.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 18:09]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:11 - Jul 2 with 2417 viewsballycastle

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:04 - Jul 2 by Herbivore

Stormzy is hardly a child of the establishment. And calling people who are part of the broad middle class children of the establishment is quite a stretch. And as has already been pointed out to you, whatever social class you are from you have the right to speak out against inequality and against a massive jeb-end like Boris. I wish more establishment types would do so actually.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 18:09]

'Stormzy is hardly a child of the establishment' Correct he is a Homophobic fundamental Christian, not the usual Guardian fetish model.
Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:15 - Jul 2 with 2404 viewsHerbivore

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:11 - Jul 2 by ballycastle

'Stormzy is hardly a child of the establishment' Correct he is a Homophobic fundamental Christian, not the usual Guardian fetish model.

I see you want to crucify him for tweets he made several years ago that he has subsequently apologised for. Classy. I wonder why you choose to subject his character to scrutiny in a way you rarely do with white privileged men? Probably his politics.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:17 - Jul 2 with 2398 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:11 - Jul 2 by ballycastle

Which begs the question, of all the homophobic folk those on the right often put on a pedestal, what could it be about Stormzy that bothers them, as going by their past actions, it sure as hell isn't the homophobia part.

Btw, to present the full story, here is Stormzy's apology for the Tweets made when he was 18:

"I said some foul and offensive things whilst tweeting years ago at a time when I was young and proudly ignorant. Very hurtful and discriminative views that I've unlearned as I've grown up and become a man.

The comments I made were unacceptable and disgusting, full stop. Comments that I regret and to everyone I've offended, I am sorry, these are attitudes I've left in the past... I take responsibility for my mistakes and hope you can understand that my younger self doesn't reflect who I am today. Again, I'm sorry to everyone I've offended. To the LGBQT community and my supporters and friends, my deepest apologies."

Now, you can decide for yourself whether that's adequate or not, but I don't think anyone needs to be lectured from the right about bigotry thank you very much. To them I'd say, get your own fücking house in order first.

If anyone wants to post Ann Widdecombe's apology for all the hateful anti-gay stuff she's come out with over the years that would be great thanks.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 18:21]

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:21 - Jul 2 with 2384 viewsballycastle

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:15 - Jul 2 by Herbivore

I see you want to crucify him for tweets he made several years ago that he has subsequently apologised for. Classy. I wonder why you choose to subject his character to scrutiny in a way you rarely do with white privileged men? Probably his politics.

Hypocrite klaxon gave me a jolt, feel free to defend dear boy, allow all the same right to apologise and move on hey?
Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:22 - Jul 2 with 2377 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:21 - Jul 2 by ballycastle

Hypocrite klaxon gave me a jolt, feel free to defend dear boy, allow all the same right to apologise and move on hey?

You should feel free to actually address the point like a grown up.

If you're able, you stinking hypocrite.

[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 18:23]

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:23 - Jul 2 with 2377 viewsHerbivore

Who specifically are you referring to that has done similar and apologised and moved on and who is still getting stick for past apologided for indiscretions?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 18:24]

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:25 - Jul 2 with 2367 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:23 - Jul 2 by Herbivore

Who specifically are you referring to that has done similar and apologised and moved on and who is still getting stick for past apologided for indiscretions?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 18:24]

Looking forward to Bally posting up verbatim apologies from all the homophobes on the right now. Might take him a while to find them. Seeing as they have zero regrets about their hateful rhetoric.

Not that he'll look. He doesn't actually care about discrimination towards LGBTQ+ people, he's just looking to score some cheap internet points.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 18:25]

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:33 - Jul 2 with 2358 viewsMoriarty

Looks like Moriarty has to “duck in”.

First, I don’t accept for a minute that it is fine for a mess to be made provided someone else can clean it up. If I go anywhere, for example to a park with wife and kids, we clean up. We don’t leave a mess.

To ignore the level of mess left here is insane. Particularly given the publicity given to environmental issues. It Trump dropped a tissue or coffee cup, can you imagine the outrage?

The mess should not avoid scrutiny because it was made at a concert or popular event. It’s a disgusting mess.

The point I make is that anyone who contributed to this disgusting mess has no right to preach about the environment. Yet I’m certain many will. It’s a state of mind, a way of living. Why aren’t eco warriors for example, campaigning to stop outdoor events like this given the s@it heap left behind? Why not go as vocal in attacking those responsible for this mess, whether organizers, participants (ahem) or attendees?

I’ve experience of concerts. Past and present. And from very different angles. People behave differently. Some go a bit mad. A sizable few don’t give a damn about what they do or the mess they make. Messes are made. I think that does matter.

It’s cool to protest on environmental issues. It’s cool to go to a Glastonbury. People who contributed to this, or any other sh@t heap, have no right to preach and those who do preach should be all over this like a rash. If the Donald dropped a coffee cup.....,,

fka omuircheartaigh

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:34 - Jul 2 with 2352 viewsHerbivore

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:25 - Jul 2 by SpruceMoose

Looking forward to Bally posting up verbatim apologies from all the homophobes on the right now. Might take him a while to find them. Seeing as they have zero regrets about their hateful rhetoric.

Not that he'll look. He doesn't actually care about discrimination towards LGBTQ+ people, he's just looking to score some cheap internet points.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 18:25]

Let's give him a chance to give some concrete examples, I wouldn't want to assume that his hypocrite klaxon was going off because he made the mistake of being in the same room with it.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 18:40 - Jul 2 with 2342 viewseireblue

As a slight aside, isn’t a core Christian value, which is often associated with British Identity and conservative values, forgiveness of people when they accept their mistakes and apologise?

Bringing up a past mistake, after that mistake has been recognised and apologised for, hmmmm, seems to me an act of low morality.

I am not sure you will get many votes as the boards Hypocrisy monitor at this rate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024