Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury 15:37 - Jul 1 with 26626 viewsMoriarty

Or Eco hypocrites? People responsible for this mess have no right to preach about environmental matters.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2019/07/01/news/world-news/glastonbury-aft

fka omuircheartaigh

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:32 - Jul 2 with 2540 viewsfooters

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:28 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

That's what I mean, its been taken over by the middle classes yet they still try and retain some kind of anti capitalist vibe ... which was fine when it was the kind of festival it was when it started but now the festival itself has embraced capitalism the attitude of its attendees is just perverse.

Do you read much Brendan O'Neill by any chance? Just seems you have the same weird obsession with the 'left' and can't quite seem to let it go.

It's a music festival.

And don't you have a national budget to be working out?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:32 - Jul 2 with 2539 viewsSouperJim

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:25 - Jul 2 by footers

Hardly. Maybe it was like that 30 years ago but you're more likely to be sharing a field with yuppies and children nowadays.

In my experience (albeit 2 festivals about 10 years apart), you get a complete mix of people, but I would speculate that overall the crowd is more towards the left wing working class end of the spectrum. Hence the Corbyn love-in etc.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:37 - Jul 2 with 2525 views26_Paz

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:32 - Jul 2 by SouperJim

In my experience (albeit 2 festivals about 10 years apart), you get a complete mix of people, but I would speculate that overall the crowd is more towards the left wing working class end of the spectrum. Hence the Corbyn love-in etc.

I think its more rich middle class kids, using Daddy's money for 'the experience'. Gap year parasite types.

The Paz Man

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:38 - Jul 2 with 2522 views26_Paz

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:32 - Jul 2 by footers

Do you read much Brendan O'Neill by any chance? Just seems you have the same weird obsession with the 'left' and can't quite seem to let it go.

It's a music festival.

And don't you have a national budget to be working out?

It wasn't me who did that post on the national budget, I merely commented on it saying it was weird that someone who is vocally anti-austerity is complaining that public spending will increase.

The Paz Man

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:43 - Jul 2 with 2516 viewsWeWereZombies

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:30 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

What a strange post.

The mystery of a strange poster finding a post strange, Poirot would be stumped...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:46 - Jul 2 with 2516 viewsSouperJim

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:37 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

I think its more rich middle class kids, using Daddy's money for 'the experience'. Gap year parasite types.

Some are, yes, but to say they are in the majority is wide of the mark in my experience. The young people I work with are all from low income families, yet most of them aspire to go to festivals like Glastonbury and many of them do. I worked with a girl this year who alongside full time study, worked 5 mornings a week as a cleaner for minimum wage to help her mum pay the bills and is attending several festivals this summer.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:48 - Jul 2 with 2508 views26_Paz

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:46 - Jul 2 by SouperJim

Some are, yes, but to say they are in the majority is wide of the mark in my experience. The young people I work with are all from low income families, yet most of them aspire to go to festivals like Glastonbury and many of them do. I worked with a girl this year who alongside full time study, worked 5 mornings a week as a cleaner for minimum wage to help her mum pay the bills and is attending several festivals this summer.

Good on her, I hope she enjoys them.

The Paz Man

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:51 - Jul 2 with 2502 viewsJ2BLUE

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 08:17 - Jul 2 by footers

I don't think we're talking about carrying your rubbish around with you all the time, there are bins for that. It was more about taking it with you when you leave.

Who the hell would walk round a festival with a bin bag?

That was the impression i got from jeera.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:05 - Jul 2 with 2490 viewsHerbivore

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:28 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

That's what I mean, its been taken over by the middle classes yet they still try and retain some kind of anti capitalist vibe ... which was fine when it was the kind of festival it was when it started but now the festival itself has embraced capitalism the attitude of its attendees is just perverse.

You do realise it's possible to be broadly in favour of capitalism whilst still thinking Boris is a w@nker? You can even be broadly in favour of capitalism whilst still believing we need to make society fairer and more equal. You're seeing hypocrisy where there is none.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 10:05]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:07 - Jul 2 with 2490 viewsBackToRussia

what a w@nker

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:29 - Jul 2 with 2458 viewseireblue

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 09:37 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

If only there was a way on the internet to type in something like “Glastonbury demographics” and get a sort of list of websites with pertinent information. Then we could form opinions on a know factual basis.
Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:32 - Jul 2 with 2453 viewsjeera

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 08:17 - Jul 2 by footers

I don't think we're talking about carrying your rubbish around with you all the time, there are bins for that. It was more about taking it with you when you leave.

Who the hell would walk round a festival with a bin bag?

Everyone could have some sort of miniature golf trolly.

There's clearly not enough thought going into this.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:39 - Jul 2 with 2438 viewseireblue

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:32 - Jul 2 by jeera

Everyone could have some sort of miniature golf trolly.

There's clearly not enough thought going into this.

Could you make the glasto trolley, multi-purpose, e.g. sturdy enough for short people to stand on, and the handle be extended and used as a seat, and maybe two non-plastic bottles attached to the sides labelled in and out?
Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:41 - Jul 2 with 2432 viewsfooters

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:39 - Jul 2 by eireblue

Could you make the glasto trolley, multi-purpose, e.g. sturdy enough for short people to stand on, and the handle be extended and used as a seat, and maybe two non-plastic bottles attached to the sides labelled in and out?

Should have a toilet in it too.

This design is going to end badly...

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:41 - Jul 2 with 2429 views26_Paz

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:05 - Jul 2 by Herbivore

You do realise it's possible to be broadly in favour of capitalism whilst still thinking Boris is a w@nker? You can even be broadly in favour of capitalism whilst still believing we need to make society fairer and more equal. You're seeing hypocrisy where there is none.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 10:05]

Just annoys me that these are people who have massively benefitted from 'the system' yet they somehow want to be seen to rebel against it ...

The Paz Man

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:43 - Jul 2 with 2423 views26_Paz

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:29 - Jul 2 by eireblue

If only there was a way on the internet to type in something like “Glastonbury demographics” and get a sort of list of websites with pertinent information. Then we could form opinions on a know factual basis.

Yeah, I've never been to Glastonbury but when you buy a ticket I don't think you have to fill out a questionnaire:
'Are you a gap year parasite?'
'Are you here on Daddy's money?'
'Do you consider yourself a class warrior in spite of living in a 5 bedroom house in Surry with your parents and your brother Hugo?'

The Paz Man

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:50 - Jul 2 with 2417 viewsSouperJim

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:43 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

Yeah, I've never been to Glastonbury but when you buy a ticket I don't think you have to fill out a questionnaire:
'Do you consider yourself a class warrior in spite of living in a 5 bedroom house in Surry with your parents and your brother Hugo?'

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/062jbx05wd/YouGov-

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:07 - Jul 2 with 2405 viewseireblue

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:43 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

I think that is why this invention, not the glastoroller, maybe a good idea. People could have done surveys of festival goers in general and Glastonbury specifically.

How will we ever know unless someone quickly comes up my idea.

I think the idea would be so good that you could type “Glastonbury demographics” and get a list, quicker than it took you to type that post.
Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:08 - Jul 2 with 2404 viewsHerbivore

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:41 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

Just annoys me that these are people who have massively benefitted from 'the system' yet they somehow want to be seen to rebel against it ...

So if you've done okay in life then you shouldn't be against a system that creates and perpetuates gross inequalities? Why?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:10 - Jul 2 with 2402 viewsfooters

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:07 - Jul 2 by eireblue

I think that is why this invention, not the glastoroller, maybe a good idea. People could have done surveys of festival goers in general and Glastonbury specifically.

How will we ever know unless someone quickly comes up my idea.

I think the idea would be so good that you could type “Glastonbury demographics” and get a list, quicker than it took you to type that post.

Imagine getting so upset over a family music festival! Aren't there more important things to be concerned about?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:13 - Jul 2 with 2392 viewsJ2BLUE

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:10 - Jul 2 by footers

Imagine getting so upset over a family music festival! Aren't there more important things to be concerned about?

What, like, film festivals?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:19 - Jul 2 with 2382 viewsfooters

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:13 - Jul 2 by J2BLUE

What, like, film festivals?

Exactly. You only have to look at the smug, university educated liberal elite luvvies at Cannes to see the sickening hypocrisy of these climate change fanatics. Really boils my piss.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 11:20]

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:23 - Jul 2 with 2373 viewseireblue

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:08 - Jul 2 by Herbivore

So if you've done okay in life then you shouldn't be against a system that creates and perpetuates gross inequalities? Why?

It does seem to me that there is a type of snobbery exercised against people that can afford to protest.

Seems to me a single mother with a couple of jobs doesn’t really have time or the resources to protest successfully against a system. Nor would someone working for a dollar a day in a developing country that has scare water resources/

But when someone does have time and resource to protest about a system that, really has served them well, but has had a detrimental effect on others, people get very snooty and patronising.

Standing up for people that can’t stand up for themselves used to be a virtue.
Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:31 - Jul 2 with 2349 viewsHerbivore

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:23 - Jul 2 by eireblue

It does seem to me that there is a type of snobbery exercised against people that can afford to protest.

Seems to me a single mother with a couple of jobs doesn’t really have time or the resources to protest successfully against a system. Nor would someone working for a dollar a day in a developing country that has scare water resources/

But when someone does have time and resource to protest about a system that, really has served them well, but has had a detrimental effect on others, people get very snooty and patronising.

Standing up for people that can’t stand up for themselves used to be a virtue.

I think it's symptomatic of a certain "I'm alright Jack" mindset. Some people genuinely can't comprehend that some people genuinely care about other people aside from themselves and their immediate family and social circle.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 11:34 - Jul 2 with 2344 viewsjeera

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 10:41 - Jul 2 by 26_Paz

What's Crispin ever done to you?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024