Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues 15:16 - May 30 with 4825 viewsSpruceMoose

He must be getting a rather sore bum by now!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/30/soft-brexit-corbyn-labour-secon
[Post edited 31 May 2019 21:11]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 18:51 - May 30 with 1104 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s as if Labour are being led by a man who voted to leave in 1975, voted against both the Maastricht and Lisbon Treaties, was Tony Benn’s Bag carrier at all manner of anti EU meetings and has spent his entire political life as a Brexiteer.

And people are still surprised that he won’t come out for a second referendum and campaign to remain.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 18:53 - May 30 with 1098 viewsChurchman

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 16:08 - May 30 by Oldsmoker

Well stick Freedom of movement in it then.
Labour have a chance to take the initiative because if they leave it up to the shower of sh*t that is the Tory party then we may as well all sit on the pointy bit of the fence.

Why bother when you can just call it a day and repeal Article 50? It’s what I’d do. All this ‘the people have spoken’ nonsense is just that. A binary choice on a very complex issue 3 years ago. We now know any option is worse than what there is and Customs Union etc is the worst of all worlds in my opinion.
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:03 - May 30 with 1057 viewsKievthegreat

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 15:33 - May 30 by homer_123

Even more worrying is that there is no real alternative. The Lib Dems should be cleaning up - nowhere to be seen...to the point that Nige is sweeping up votes and voters.

Jeez.

Well if this turns out to be true they might have started "cleaning up".

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:05 - May 30 with 1053 viewsjas0999

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 15:19 - May 30 by StokieBlue

It's all very worrying. The Tories are rubbish and in open rebellion.

Labour are in hidden rebellion and JC seems to be deluded:

"a second referendum after negotiating a softer Brexit deal with Brussels."

The EU have said so many times now they aren't going to change the deal yet Labour continually say they would be able to get a better deal based on nothing much.

Sigh.

SB

This.

Tories in disarray, yet voters desert a Corbyn led Labour.
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:26 - May 30 with 1028 viewsgiant_stow

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:03 - May 30 by Kievthegreat

Wow. I wonder if the liberals have broken or might be breaking the small party syndrome that keeps so many from voting for them? If the dam breaks maybe Labour really are fcked.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:36 - May 30 with 1024 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:05 - May 30 by jas0999

This.

Tories in disarray, yet voters desert a Corbyn led Labour.

Let's be honest though, voters were deserting a Milliband Labour too. Added to which the furore around Corbyn (from within the Labour Party most of all) has been totally disproportionate to the reality of Corbyn.

Maybe he is flawed as a leader and just too toxic for some but Labour isn't going to do any better with a return to the empty suits who like playing politics.

Westminster politics needs a clean up and a return to principles. And a legitimate left-wing balance not this prannying around to please middle-class marginal voters that has left swathes of the country worse off socially, economically and politically. While we slide ever further to the populist right.

Pronouns: He/Him

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:54 - May 30 with 1004 viewsGlasgowBlue

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:36 - May 30 by Darth_Koont

Let's be honest though, voters were deserting a Milliband Labour too. Added to which the furore around Corbyn (from within the Labour Party most of all) has been totally disproportionate to the reality of Corbyn.

Maybe he is flawed as a leader and just too toxic for some but Labour isn't going to do any better with a return to the empty suits who like playing politics.

Westminster politics needs a clean up and a return to principles. And a legitimate left-wing balance not this prannying around to please middle-class marginal voters that has left swathes of the country worse off socially, economically and politically. While we slide ever further to the populist right.

More straw clutching.

Iron Lion Zion

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:00 - May 30 with 991 viewslowhouseblue

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:54 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

More straw clutching.

don't you just love the idea that corbyn isn't prannying around pleasing the middle class. a working class man of the people our jeremy.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:03 - May 30 with 986 viewsDubtractor

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:36 - May 30 by Darth_Koont

"not this prannying around to please middle-class marginal voters"

I'd suggest that a huge element of Corbyn's success has come from exactly that - I look at my social media feed and the large majority of his support seems to be the middle class, regardless of whether his policies are aimed at improving the lives of the working class.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:16 - May 30 with 964 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:03 - May 30 by Dubtractor

"not this prannying around to please middle-class marginal voters"

I'd suggest that a huge element of Corbyn's success has come from exactly that - I look at my social media feed and the large majority of his support seems to be the middle class, regardless of whether his policies are aimed at improving the lives of the working class.

That's fair - it's mostly the marginals aspect which Blair's Labour was so good at exploiting. But unfortunately by getting a bit too enamoured with the free market as the solution and not trying to redress our tax revenue shortfall.

If we're going to right the UK ship then we simply need to put more into health, education, services and local government. That's going to take money from the middle class not just from taxing our super-rich lizard overlords.

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:18 - May 30 with 958 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:54 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

More straw clutching.

Haha. Says the man who's had to abandon where his party and politics are heading.

You and lowers know I'm right. That's why you get so triggered by it.

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:21 - May 30 with 954 viewsDubtractor

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:16 - May 30 by Darth_Koont

That's fair - it's mostly the marginals aspect which Blair's Labour was so good at exploiting. But unfortunately by getting a bit too enamoured with the free market as the solution and not trying to redress our tax revenue shortfall.

If we're going to right the UK ship then we simply need to put more into health, education, services and local government. That's going to take money from the middle class not just from taxing our super-rich lizard overlords.

Agree with all of that, but Corbyn's problem is that he has relied on the support of the middle classes (people like me, and probably you, to be honest) to get him to where he is, but his dallying on brexit issues is losing him the support of that very same group of people!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:27 - May 30 with 943 viewsGlasgowBlue

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:18 - May 30 by Darth_Koont

Haha. Says the man who's had to abandon where his party and politics are heading.

You and lowers know I'm right. That's why you get so triggered by it.

You’re right. I did abandon my party because I wasn’t comfortable with the direction it was heading.

Whereas you have defended and excused Corbyn’s labour as it has slid further down the sewer.

Iron Lion Zion

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:34 - May 30 with 935 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:21 - May 30 by Dubtractor

Agree with all of that, but Corbyn's problem is that he has relied on the support of the middle classes (people like me, and probably you, to be honest) to get him to where he is, but his dallying on brexit issues is losing him the support of that very same group of people!

Yep. And I've disagreed with his own view and much of Labour's view on the EU and Brexit.

Although it's only in the last few months that the Labour Party PLP has really embraced a people's vote and even the suggestion of remaining so I don't think it's purely been a leadership problem. If they'd all followed the LibDems, SNP and Greens from the start then I'm sure Labour would be in a healthier position. The only problem would be how much further to the Dark Side that would have driven the Brexit Party, ERG and even the moderate Conservatives in the meantime.

It's all a mess but hopefully a cathartic one. Perhaps Brexit shows that it's better for politicians to push for the right way forward rather than doing nothing to try and hold onto imaginary votes.

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:37 - May 30 with 928 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:27 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

You’re right. I did abandon my party because I wasn’t comfortable with the direction it was heading.

Whereas you have defended and excused Corbyn’s labour as it has slid further down the sewer.

I can hear a high horse getting saddled up.

Remember to put those blinkers on too.

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:47 - May 30 with 894 viewsElderGrizzly

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 15:33 - May 30 by homer_123

Even more worrying is that there is no real alternative. The Lib Dems should be cleaning up - nowhere to be seen...to the point that Nige is sweeping up votes and voters.

Jeez.

Cough....

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 23:30 - May 30 with 852 viewsKievthegreat

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 22:47 - May 30 by ElderGrizzly

Cough....

And it's official...

Also ChangeUK on just 1%. When do the defections to the Lib Dems begin?
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 23:42 - May 30 with 841 viewsElderGrizzly

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 23:30 - May 30 by Kievthegreat

And it's official...

Also ChangeUK on just 1%. When do the defections to the Lib Dems begin?

Lib Dem/Greens coalition in Govt :)

Sadly it can’t play out due to FPTP system

Labour can recover Lib Dem votes by getting off the fence and moving towards Remain; Tories can't do anything unless they deliver Brexit
[Post edited 30 May 2019 23:44]
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 23:50 - May 30 with 833 viewsKievthegreat

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 23:42 - May 30 by ElderGrizzly

Lib Dem/Greens coalition in Govt :)

Sadly it can’t play out due to FPTP system

Labour can recover Lib Dem votes by getting off the fence and moving towards Remain; Tories can't do anything unless they deliver Brexit
[Post edited 30 May 2019 23:44]

Agree about Labour being able to get back remainers, but they actually have to make a move. Corbyn however just doesn't seem willing to rather perplexingly.
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 00:47 - May 31 with 810 viewsElderGrizzly

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 23:50 - May 30 by Kievthegreat

Agree about Labour being able to get back remainers, but they actually have to make a move. Corbyn however just doesn't seem willing to rather perplexingly.

I think he has actually given up. I can’t think of any other explanation
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 07:43 - May 31 with 777 viewsGlasgowBlue

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 00:47 - May 31 by ElderGrizzly

I think he has actually given up. I can’t think of any other explanation

The explanation is he wants the U.K. to leave the EU. It really is as simple as that.

Remain Labour mps need another confidence vote. Corbyn's opponent in a leadership election should campaign based on Labour becoming a party of remain and highlight Corbyn’s record regarding the EU. That may be enough to win over the members.

Iron Lion Zion

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 08:12 - May 31 with 756 viewsGlasgowBlue

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 21:03 - May 30 by Kievthegreat

First time since polls began (1943) that one of the two main parties hasn’t been in the top 2.

Iron Lion Zion

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 08:19 - May 31 with 752 viewsSwansea_Blue

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 08:12 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

First time since polls began (1943) that one of the two main parties hasn’t been in the top 2.

One of the main parties IS in the top two . Ha!

Is that so? Interesting little stat that; what a mess they are both in.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 08:19 - May 31 with 752 viewsGlasgowBlue

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 23:50 - May 30 by Kievthegreat

Before any LD’s get too excited, the Brexit Party wasn’t offered as one of the main options.

Iron Lion Zion

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 08:42 - May 31 with 736 viewsBrixtonBlue

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 07:43 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

The explanation is he wants the U.K. to leave the EU. It really is as simple as that.

Remain Labour mps need another confidence vote. Corbyn's opponent in a leadership election should campaign based on Labour becoming a party of remain and highlight Corbyn’s record regarding the EU. That may be enough to win over the members.

Is it just me or does anyone else vote on issues other than Brexit?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024