Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues 15:16 - May 30 with 4824 viewsSpruceMoose

He must be getting a rather sore bum by now!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/30/soft-brexit-corbyn-labour-secon
[Post edited 31 May 2019 21:11]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 08:45 - May 31 with 722 viewsgiant_stow

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 08:42 - May 31 by BrixtonBlue

Is it just me or does anyone else vote on issues other than Brexit?

Not personally - everything else flows from how brexit is resolved.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 09:02 - May 31 with 711 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 08:12 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

First time since polls began (1943) that one of the two main parties hasn’t been in the top 2.

What % are undecided in that poll?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 09:49 - May 31 with 689 viewsGlasgowBlue

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 08:42 - May 31 by BrixtonBlue

Is it just me or does anyone else vote on issues other than Brexit?

The result of the 2017 general election where the LDs failed to make significant gains from remain votes suggests that they do.

But we are talking about party members and the direction they want their party to go with regards to EU membership.

The leadership is completely out of step with the membership. I think if Corbyn faced another challenge this summer he wouldn’t win the landslide he did last time around if his opponent made the contest about Brexit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 10:36 - May 31 with 664 viewsBrixtonBlue

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 08:45 - May 31 by giant_stow

Not personally - everything else flows from how brexit is resolved.

Not really. For example, does paying young people a decent and fair wage rely on how Brexit's resolved?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 11:38 - May 31 with 636 viewsKievthegreat

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 08:19 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

Before any LD’s get too excited, the Brexit Party wasn’t offered as one of the main options.

Yougov have come put and explained the reasoning. Also worth noting that for the EU elections they were listed as a main party and it resulted in their support being overstated versus reality.
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 11:52 - May 31 with 620 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 11:38 - May 31 by Kievthegreat

Yougov have come put and explained the reasoning. Also worth noting that for the EU elections they were listed as a main party and it resulted in their support being overstated versus reality.

Well, there's a surprise. Farage jumping in with both feet to push a favourable narrative around something he doesn't even understand and probably has no interest in understanding.

That's his political career in a nutshell.

Pronouns: He/Him

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 13:43 - May 31 with 585 viewsBrixtonBlue

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 11:52 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

Well, there's a surprise. Farage jumping in with both feet to push a favourable narrative around something he doesn't even understand and probably has no interest in understanding.

That's his political career in a nutshell.

Can't blame him really, plenty will fall for it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:09 - May 31 with 564 viewsgiant_stow

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 10:36 - May 31 by BrixtonBlue

Not really. For example, does paying young people a decent and fair wage rely on how Brexit's resolved?

Of course it does.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:11 - May 31 with 561 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:09 - May 31 by giant_stow

Of course it does.

How?

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:17 - May 31 with 553 viewsgiant_stow

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:11 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

How?

Ae we going to leave hard and go for a low tax low wage take what we can economy. Or are staying in the higher tax european welfare state world? If its the former and we want people to have jobs, then maybe nows not the time to be nbumping up wages and making people unemployable, especially with less welfare to fall back on. All flows from brexit.

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:30 - May 31 with 542 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:17 - May 31 by giant_stow

Ae we going to leave hard and go for a low tax low wage take what we can economy. Or are staying in the higher tax european welfare state world? If its the former and we want people to have jobs, then maybe nows not the time to be nbumping up wages and making people unemployable, especially with less welfare to fall back on. All flows from brexit.

But if it's what the economy or market can support then we've got a massive national debt and deficit that's already nothing to do with Brexit and certainly not tied up with paying young people too much.

It's about principles of what's fair and just. And it's not about a lack of money as much as a lack of political will and responsibility.

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:34 - May 31 with 531 viewspickles110564

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:30 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

But if it's what the economy or market can support then we've got a massive national debt and deficit that's already nothing to do with Brexit and certainly not tied up with paying young people too much.

It's about principles of what's fair and just. And it's not about a lack of money as much as a lack of political will and responsibility.

Big business can afford to pay our youngsters more money, they just choose to pay their own kind at the top of the tree totally unjustifiable wages.
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:38 - May 31 with 525 viewsgiant_stow

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:30 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

I wouldn't disagree with those principles, but practicalities matter far more right now. We're in a brexit whirl which needs to be cleared up before there can be any clarity on low wages or the national debt. Those things can help inform the brexit decision of course (if anyone cares) but they can't be decided first
[Post edited 31 May 2019 14:39]

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:41 - May 31 with 519 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:34 - May 31 by pickles110564

Big business can afford to pay our youngsters more money, they just choose to pay their own kind at the top of the tree totally unjustifiable wages.

That's true.

But if successive governments want to reward UK businesses with one of the lowest corporate tax rates around (not to mention fairly generous private income tax on these bigger sums), they could at least push for a quid pro quo so that workers at the bottom aren't screwed out of a fair wage and the rest of us taxpayers have to pick up the shortfall.

Seems a shoddy way of looking after our citizens but a pretty smooth way of looking after vested interests instead.

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:44 - May 31 with 510 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:38 - May 31 by giant_stow

I wouldn't disagree with those principles, but practicalities matter far more right now. We're in a brexit whirl which needs to be cleared up before there can be any clarity on low wages or the national debt. Those things can help inform the brexit decision of course (if anyone cares) but they can't be decided first
[Post edited 31 May 2019 14:39]

I think you're exaggerating. There's been nothing stopping legislation over the past three years but there was little political will even before Brexit.

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:48 - May 31 with 502 viewspickles110564

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:41 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

That's true.

But if successive governments want to reward UK businesses with one of the lowest corporate tax rates around (not to mention fairly generous private income tax on these bigger sums), they could at least push for a quid pro quo so that workers at the bottom aren't screwed out of a fair wage and the rest of us taxpayers have to pick up the shortfall.

Seems a shoddy way of looking after our citizens but a pretty smooth way of looking after vested interests instead.

I just hope a middle ground party starts to look after the lower paid, everyone becomes winners, feel good factor, more money in the pocket to spend, instead of the top 5% becoming richer.
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:50 - May 31 with 497 viewsSpruceMoose

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:48 - May 31 by pickles110564

I just hope a middle ground party starts to look after the lower paid, everyone becomes winners, feel good factor, more money in the pocket to spend, instead of the top 5% becoming richer.

I'd like to see some small businesses start to commit to paying a living wage too.

Not wishing to bring Brexit up again, but voting for a party with some policies on subject this would be a good start, especially if that party wasn't stuffed full of career sleazeballs and money men.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 14:53]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:54 - May 31 with 484 viewsHolyGoalie

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:50 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

I'd like to see some small businesses start to commit to paying a living wage too.

Not wishing to bring Brexit up again, but voting for a party with some policies on subject this would be a good start, especially if that party wasn't stuffed full of career sleazeballs and money men.

Does it actually matter to you though? I mean, you're in the land of milk and honey where people are paid well, even if it is part money, part freedom

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:54 - May 31 with 484 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:48 - May 31 by pickles110564

Agree 100%. Without getting too political that's why I think a left-wing and proper political balance is needed so that problems are also seen from a social and more long-term perspective. Not just a more short-term economic perspective that too often seems to fuel the people at the top getting richer.

I don't think there is a real middle ground unless those contrasting but equally valid views are in opposition and discussed openly.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 14:55]

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:55 - May 31 with 479 viewsSpruceMoose

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:54 - May 31 by HolyGoalie

Does it actually matter to you though? I mean, you're in the land of milk and honey where people are paid well, even if it is part money, part freedom

I am exceedingly well paid, that's correct. Sadly my housing costs are 59328297929 a month.

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:56 - May 31 with 473 viewsgiant_stow

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:44 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

I think you're exaggerating. There's been nothing stopping legislation over the past three years but there was little political will even before Brexit.

Nothing to stop that sort of legislation except brexit taking all of parliament and civil service's time.

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:56 - May 31 with 472 viewsHolyGoalie

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:55 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

I am exceedingly well paid, that's correct. Sadly my housing costs are 59328297929 a month.

I'm sure the HMRC thank you personally

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:56 - May 31 with 472 viewspickles110564

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:50 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

Bit hard for small startup business but the likes of Amazon should be paying their way.
Anyone that can pay the wife off for 15 billion is not paying their employees or their fair share of company taxes.
Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:57 - May 31 with 468 viewsDarth_Koont

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:56 - May 31 by giant_stow

Nothing to stop that sort of legislation except brexit taking all of parliament and civil service's time.

But it hasn't.

https://services.parliament.uk/bills/

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:58 - May 31 with 463 viewsSpruceMoose

Day 4528 of Jeremy's fence sitting continues on 14:56 - May 31 by pickles110564

Bit hard for small startup business but the likes of Amazon should be paying their way.
Anyone that can pay the wife off for 15 billion is not paying their employees or their fair share of company taxes.

Everyone has to pay their part. The consumer needs to realise that rock bottom prices come out of their wages and all businesses have to stop expecting the state to make up the shortfall in what they pay and what it costs to live though through welfare.

Bottom line, it needs to come out of their profit, not the country's tax obligation.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 15:01]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024