Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... 10:32 - Apr 3 with 12857 viewsitfcjoe

Have a look at this

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:56 - Apr 3 with 1591 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:55 - Apr 3 by No9

You missed Baroness Warsi?

;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:59 - Apr 3 with 1584 viewsitfcjoe

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:50 - Apr 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Anyone who signs up for military action and serves is brave in my view.

Disagree if you wish.

I'd personally prefer to know the background and character before making a sweeping generalisation.

Each to their own.

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:59 - Apr 3 with 1573 viewsGlasgowBlue

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:34 - Apr 3 by BrixtonBlue

That is pathetic. I'd love to know what Corbyn has actually done wrong.

As I said earlier, it’s completely unacceptable.

My take is that the armed forces have little love for somebody who was chair of STW when they put out a statement that the Iraqi insurgents were entitled to take up arms against the British army and stood shoulder to shoulder with the IRA when they were killing British soldiers.

That isn’t me excusing their behaviour. You asked a question. I’m giving my view.

Once again, this is unacceptable and those responsible should be dishonourably discharged.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:02 - Apr 3 with 1572 viewshampstead_blue

POTD!

Were shall I start?
Would you like examples of how HIS friends tried to scrub me in NI and on the mainland or shall I leave you to debate it with the Para Reg?

The Paras in the video show just what the Armed Forces and us Veterans think of him.
Having served on a couple of tours with Para reg I can tell you they are some of the finest men you could ever meet.

They are having some fun in their own way.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:05 - Apr 3 with 1550 viewsNo9

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:02 - Apr 3 by hampstead_blue

POTD!

Were shall I start?
Would you like examples of how HIS friends tried to scrub me in NI and on the mainland or shall I leave you to debate it with the Para Reg?

The Paras in the video show just what the Armed Forces and us Veterans think of him.
Having served on a couple of tours with Para reg I can tell you they are some of the finest men you could ever meet.

Can you identify his 'friends' ?
You have evidence that would bring them to justice?
Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:06 - Apr 3 with 1547 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:54 - Apr 3 by No9

You have no standards

Just call me the voice of reason.

...to be fair, I doubt even JC would call for them to be discharged.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:08 - Apr 3 with 1541 viewslowhouseblue

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:59 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

As I said earlier, it’s completely unacceptable.

My take is that the armed forces have little love for somebody who was chair of STW when they put out a statement that the Iraqi insurgents were entitled to take up arms against the British army and stood shoulder to shoulder with the IRA when they were killing British soldiers.

That isn’t me excusing their behaviour. You asked a question. I’m giving my view.

Once again, this is unacceptable and those responsible should be dishonourably discharged.

also, squaddies pratt about and they aren't hired for their political insight. on the other hand they're in Kabul, and whatever gets you through the day.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:09 - Apr 3 with 1532 viewsSouperJim

POTD!

Were shall I start?

As a Corbyn supporter, I'm not remotely fussed about the video. I also think there should be zero comeback, in all probability none of the guys firing are in charge of the range anyway and likely one of their superiors put the target up there.

As you say, it's just a bit of fun and not worth getting snowflakey about.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:12 - Apr 3 with 1509 viewsSwailsey

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:50 - Apr 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Anyone who signs up for military action and serves is brave in my view.

Disagree if you wish.

I also disagree with that blanket statement.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 11:13]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:13 - Apr 3 with 1502 viewscrunchie1978

Did they get any head shots in?
Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:13 - Apr 3 with 1501 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:59 - Apr 3 by itfcjoe

I'd personally prefer to know the background and character before making a sweeping generalisation.

Each to their own.

I think it takes a brave man or woman to serve in the military.

That's one generalisation I am happy to make.

Agree to differ.

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:14 - Apr 3 with 1501 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:12 - Apr 3 by Swailsey

I also disagree with that blanket statement.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 11:13]

Fair enough if you feel that it doesnt take bravery to serve in the military.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 11:14]

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:15 - Apr 3 with 1492 viewsSouperJim

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:13 - Apr 3 by crunchie1978

Did they get any head shots in?

Not one decent grouping from what I could see, they clearly need the vikings to show them how it's done.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:16 - Apr 3 with 1486 viewsclive_baker

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:44 - Apr 3 by itfcjoe

I can see why he isn't popular amongst the troops, as generally hasn't been in favour of a lot of our foreign policy.

But this is just so wrong, and needs to be condemned by the Defence Secretary - and likely see them out of the army.

Not sure I agree with the last point. We seem to live in a society where we're not satisfied unless people's mistakes result in them dismissed from their role. I think there's a middle ground to be had, but it's too rarely exercised. Radio presenter makes a mistake - sack them. Oil spill - sack the CEO. Don't get me wrong, we need a level of culpability or we're destined for misrule, but I hate how we're not satisfied unless we're baying for blood and seeing heads roll.

This is a very stupid thing to do, clearly, but it's not just the fact there's 4 lads shooting at it that concerns me. Presumably more involved in filming, creating the poster, putting it up etc. It suggests it's widely accepted behaviour / sentiment there, so bigger questions need to be asked IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:19 - Apr 3 with 1487 viewsnoggin

POTD!

Were shall I start?

I'm a veteran and have huge respect for Corbyn.

As for the Paras being fine men, I have met many who are not.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:22 - Apr 3 with 1478 viewsSwailsey

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:14 - Apr 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Fair enough if you feel that it doesnt take bravery to serve in the military.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 11:14]

I assume you're trolling but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

That isn't what I said was it. I said that I disagree with your "blanket" statement.

No, I do not believe that every single person who joins the military does it for bravery, especially when they fight in wars which do not directly impact us. I question the motives of some - and that isn't to say those motives aren't valid. But pay, choice, desire etc all are reasons for being in the military, not just bravery and nobility. Mandatory enlisting is anther matter entirely.

You could surely say it is brave to rock climb - because someone is choosing to do it.

*Just to caveat this - I am not want to offend anyone in the services. I just struggle with the blanket statement that is often repeated that those who enlist deserve nothing but our respect for CHOOSING to join the army.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:28 - Apr 3 with 1462 viewsmrshallisfit

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:44 - Apr 3 by itfcjoe

I can see why he isn't popular amongst the troops, as generally hasn't been in favour of a lot of our foreign policy.

But this is just so wrong, and needs to be condemned by the Defence Secretary - and likely see them out of the army.

Williamson will do no such thing. He is a human twonk of the highest order.
Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:31 - Apr 3 with 1450 viewsgazzer1999

HaHa where the hell have you been while he was talking to all the terrorist organisations around the world. That man is very dangerous, he is an enemy of this country, and don't start me on McDonnell.
Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:31 - Apr 3 with 1450 viewsitfcjoe

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:16 - Apr 3 by clive_baker

Not sure I agree with the last point. We seem to live in a society where we're not satisfied unless people's mistakes result in them dismissed from their role. I think there's a middle ground to be had, but it's too rarely exercised. Radio presenter makes a mistake - sack them. Oil spill - sack the CEO. Don't get me wrong, we need a level of culpability or we're destined for misrule, but I hate how we're not satisfied unless we're baying for blood and seeing heads roll.

This is a very stupid thing to do, clearly, but it's not just the fact there's 4 lads shooting at it that concerns me. Presumably more involved in filming, creating the poster, putting it up etc. It suggests it's widely accepted behaviour / sentiment there, so bigger questions need to be asked IMO.

That was what I think will likely happen, not what I think should - it needs to be condemned by the defence secretary initially and surely will be.

I agree with the crux of your point though, hate trials by social media and John Ronson's book on this is interesting and generally aligned with my pre conceived ideas.

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:33 - Apr 3 with 1442 viewspickles110564

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:15 - Apr 3 by SouperJim

Not one decent grouping from what I could see, they clearly need the vikings to show them how it's done.

Stabllis, is that how it is said?
Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:34 - Apr 3 with 1437 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:22 - Apr 3 by Swailsey

I assume you're trolling but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

That isn't what I said was it. I said that I disagree with your "blanket" statement.

No, I do not believe that every single person who joins the military does it for bravery, especially when they fight in wars which do not directly impact us. I question the motives of some - and that isn't to say those motives aren't valid. But pay, choice, desire etc all are reasons for being in the military, not just bravery and nobility. Mandatory enlisting is anther matter entirely.

You could surely say it is brave to rock climb - because someone is choosing to do it.

*Just to caveat this - I am not want to offend anyone in the services. I just struggle with the blanket statement that is often repeated that those who enlist deserve nothing but our respect for CHOOSING to join the army.

It was exactly what you said.

Nowhere did I say that people only sign up for military service due to bravery, but I did say thats one thing they all possess.

That is the 'blanket statement' that you disagreed with.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 11:35]

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:39 - Apr 3 with 1404 viewsSwailsey

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:34 - Apr 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was exactly what you said.

Nowhere did I say that people only sign up for military service due to bravery, but I did say thats one thing they all possess.

That is the 'blanket statement' that you disagreed with.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 11:35]

You're boring and can't read. I'm out.

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:40 - Apr 3 with 1393 viewsSpruceMoose

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 10:39 - Apr 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Neither. Interesting assumptions, the second one is a massive leap.

I don't agree with what they have done, and they should be disciplined. But these are brave men who put their lives on the line, they should not simply be discharged for an error in judgement.

Think about the pressure these guys are under, and don't judge them based on one video posted on twitter.

Well that's just horseshoite George.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:40 - Apr 3 with 1395 viewsBackToRussia

I believe this is what GB would call "not a good look"

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:41 - Apr 3 with 1392 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Whatever your views are of Corbyn.... on 11:39 - Apr 3 by Swailsey

You're boring and can't read. I'm out.

OK.

Insults. Disappointing.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 11:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024