Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... 13:10 - Mar 28 with 7367 viewsitfcjoe

....with either May's Deal or the Customs Union (Ken Clarke plan) vs Remain.

I think that accurately represents the 52:48 split of the initial referendum.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 15:59 - Mar 28 with 1355 viewsBrixtonBlue

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 13:17 - Mar 28 by wkj

3 option referendum are a disaster waiting to happen. 2 leave option vs 1 remain opens a possible issue where as if 40% vote on remain and 30% for each of the leave options, what is defined as the winning opinion?

Or indeed 48% remain and 52% between the two leave options.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 13:20]

I reckon if the options were "Leave", "Remain" and "STFU", "STFU" would win.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 16:23 - Mar 28 with 1330 viewsmanchego

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 15:36 - Mar 28 by flimflam

Remain should not even be an option on the ballot paper.

That's right. It's only Old Etonians who are allowed to change their minds.
That's why we have only ever had one General Election.
So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 16:28 - Mar 28 with 1323 viewsSpruceMoose

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 15:59 - Mar 28 by BrixtonBlue

I reckon if the options were "Leave", "Remain" and "STFU", "STFU" would win.

Which poster are we voting on again?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 17:12 - Mar 28 with 1299 viewsflimflam

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 15:55 - Mar 28 by Superfrans

I don’t get this craziness. If there are 2 Leave options on the ballot paper, why shouldn’t there be 1 Remain option?

If you’re so interested in democracy and had the courage of your convictions, you’d be totally for it.

Didnt we already have that vote?

This should just be a vote on how we leave but no doubt wont be but as I have said before welcome another referendum and GE.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 20:04 - Mar 28 with 1253 viewsfactual_blue

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 17:12 - Mar 28 by flimflam

This should just be a vote on how we leave but no doubt wont be but as I have said before welcome another referendum and GE.

When democracy lacks the right to review or revise previous decisions, it is no longer democracy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 20:19 - Mar 28 with 1250 viewsThe_Last_Baron

A second referendum can only have Leave on WTO or May's dodgy deal to have any legitimacy. Remain lost in 2016 so cannot be a choice.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 20:36 - Mar 28 with 1242 viewsWeWereZombies

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 20:19 - Mar 28 by The_Last_Baron

A second referendum can only have Leave on WTO or May's dodgy deal to have any legitimacy. Remain lost in 2016 so cannot be a choice.

'Leave on WTO or May's dodgy deal'

In other words, you have a choice.

Would you like to be hit in the face with a hammer or hit in the face with a mallet?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 21:56 - Mar 28 with 1217 viewseireblue

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 14:11 - Mar 28 by Withnail

Have I ruined your echo chamber for a moment.

Man up, snowdrop.

Echo chamber is a metaphorical description of a situation in which beliefs are amplified or reinforced by communication and repetition inside a closed system. By visiting an "echo chamber", people are able to seek out information which reinforces their existing views, potentially as an unconscious exercise of confirmation bias.

In what way is TWTD a closed system?
Login to get fewer ads

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 22:22 - Mar 28 with 1199 viewsSuperfrans

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 17:12 - Mar 28 by flimflam

The referendum vote was three years ago - three years is not far off the average length of a parliamentary term, which is book ended by elections. If we can vote in an election every two years, we can vote again on something as fundamental to the nation as exiting the EU.

It’s not anti-democratic, it’s pro democracy.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 08:17 - Mar 29 with 1155 viewsitfcjoe

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 20:19 - Mar 28 by The_Last_Baron

Don't be silly - fi there is any form of 2nd vote Remain will clearly be an option

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So looks like we will be going towards a 2nd Referendum... on 08:32 - Mar 29 with 1138 viewsHerbivore

Utter tosh.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024