Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. 17:19 - Jan 9 with 6102 viewsMrTown

we're meant to understand how the 3 signings so far are going to get us out of being bottom of the championship, 20 games to go, 10 points adrift plus goal difference.

Between these 3 players they have played a total of 170 games, scored 14 goals. Between 3 supposedly attacking players.

Played 10 games between them this season. 0 goals.

Simon Dawkins hasn't played competitive football since his contract was mutually terminated by San Jose Earthquakes on 16th February 2018.

Since then has been turned down twice by 2 league one clubs; Luton and Charlton.

Will Keane has had more league clubs (7), than league goals (5).

Collin Quaner has only ever scored 2 goals in English football,

Quaner has played for 9 clubs, in 9 years, never scored more than 10 goals for 1 club.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:20 - Jan 9 with 3808 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chill out man, just see how it pans out.

If you want to be perpetually negative, go ahead, live a negative life.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:20 - Jan 9 with 3811 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

But suddenly they will all come good for no reason at all.

When the much more promising Nolan, Edwards and Harrison haven't.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:23 - Jan 9 with 3782 viewsSpruceMoose

Posts like this are why I'm staunchly Team NoBru.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:23 - Jan 9 with 3786 viewsJ2BLUE

Here are four more facts:

It's January 9th, not 31st

Lambert said we need about 6 players, we've signed 4. Assuming you're from Ipswich that's all the fingers on your left hand and one from your right. Now fold 4 of them over. That means we likely have 2 more coming

These players have been signed by the manager, not the fans

These players have been signed within the first third of the window. They are clearly not panic signings but players who Lambert thinks can do a job for us. He's signed Dawkins again after signing him once before. He clearly rated him enough to sign him again. We've seen with Donacien that if Lambert didn't rate Dawkins he wouldn't have signed him again.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 17:33]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:24 - Jan 9 with 3777 viewsMrTown

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:23 - Jan 9 by SpruceMoose

Posts like this are why I'm staunchly Team NoBru.

Me and NoBru are very good friends now I'll have you know. We have worked through our differences and NoBru is very intelligent poster.

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:25 - Jan 9 with 3768 viewsMrTown

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:20 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

My life is positive, until I think about ITFC, and realise... we're fecked.

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:25 - Jan 9 with 3764 viewsSpruceMoose

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:24 - Jan 9 by MrTown

Me and NoBru are very good friends now I'll have you know. We have worked through our differences and NoBru is very intelligent poster.

We'll see about that. Your mother and myself have announced our favourite. Won't take long for the seeds of discontent to sprout now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:26 - Jan 9 with 3747 viewsMrTown

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:20 - Jan 9 by WarkTheWarkITFC

But suddenly they will all come good for no reason at all.

When the much more promising Nolan, Edwards and Harrison haven't.

Underwhelming doesn't cover it. The best of which Collin Quaner, 2 Goals in English football.

Login to get fewer ads

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:30 - Jan 9 with 3726 viewsMullet

The 10 games no goals this season stat tells you why they are here though. It's also not 10 starts is it? They are mainly bench options.

That's likely why people get a bit uppity.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:31 - Jan 9 with 3710 viewschicoazul

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:23 - Jan 9 by J2BLUE

Lambert said we need about 6 players, we've signed 4. Assuming you're from Ipswich that's all the fingers on your left hand and one from your right. Now fold 4 of them over. That means we likely have 2 more coming

These players have been signed within the first third of the window. They are clearly not panic signings but players who Lambert thinks can do a job for us. He's signed Dawkins again after signing him once before. He clearly rated him enough to sign him again. We've seen with Donacien that if Lambert didn't rate Dawkins he wouldn't have signed him again.

It's 4 innit? Elder Keane Quaner (sp) Dawkins.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:33 - Jan 9 with 3700 viewsMrTown

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:30 - Jan 9 by Mullet

The 10 games no goals this season stat tells you why they are here though. It's also not 10 starts is it? They are mainly bench options.

That's likely why people get a bit uppity.

Doesn't say 10 starts this season.

If people get 'uppity' on a football forum because I wrote "10 games", there is an underlined issue I think.

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:33 - Jan 9 with 3697 viewsJ2BLUE

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:31 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

It is. I read the OP's post saying there was 3 and it didn't click.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:34 - Jan 9 with 3679 viewsMrTown

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:31 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

True. And I think Elder has been a good signing, but he is of the defensive side.

Was actually talking about our attacking problems and our supposed "solutions", should of stated.

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:34 - Jan 9 with 3675 viewsbluejacko

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:23 - Jan 9 by J2BLUE

Yes but on FIFA whatever the year is they are not good players are they?
In the real world as you say these are Lambert signings so let’s get with the program and at least give them a chance.
Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:36 - Jan 9 with 3663 viewswkj

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:34 - Jan 9 by bluejacko

Yes but on FIFA whatever the year is they are not good players are they?
In the real world as you say these are Lambert signings so let’s get with the program and at least give them a chance.

Please never use Fifa or FM as a barometer for player success. Jordan Roberts was my top scorer in FM19 with 23 goals - say no more

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:37 - Jan 9 with 3653 viewsGuthrum

What you mean is you don't understand what Lambert sees in these players which makes him want to sign them.

Whether it's "the best we can get under the current circumstances", "a good personality fit with the team" or "there's something I can work with here" - or a combination of reasons. But there must be something, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:37 - Jan 9 with 3647 viewsMullet

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:33 - Jan 9 by MrTown

Doesn't say 10 starts this season.

If people get 'uppity' on a football forum because I wrote "10 games", there is an underlined issue I think.

If you're expecting everyone to read everything here without making snap judgements then I sense you're going to be sorely disappointed.

How you present stuff will always play to certain crowds. We see that every time the fans reach for their "no guilt and regret here" comfort blankets or the feeling that every signing has to be "the one" or else it's a disaster.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:44 - Jan 9 with 3618 viewsMrTown

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:37 - Jan 9 by Mullet

If you're expecting everyone to read everything here without making snap judgements then I sense you're going to be sorely disappointed.

How you present stuff will always play to certain crowds. We see that every time the fans reach for their "no guilt and regret here" comfort blankets or the feeling that every signing has to be "the one" or else it's a disaster.

If I am going to be brutally honest, I probably care more an Australian endangered species list than what people think of me on here.

However, thank you for taking the concern, will be sure to run all future posts by Pearsons' publishing company next time.

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:45 - Jan 9 with 3614 viewsMrTown

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:37 - Jan 9 by Guthrum

What you mean is you don't understand what Lambert sees in these players which makes him want to sign them.

Whether it's "the best we can get under the current circumstances", "a good personality fit with the team" or "there's something I can work with here" - or a combination of reasons. But there must be something, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered.

The facts aren't positive are they?

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:51 - Jan 9 with 3589 viewsHerbivore

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:37 - Jan 9 by Guthrum

Indeed, and Dawkins is really the only one that's a bit of an eye brow raiser and he is the definition of a cheap punt to give us a different option. Keane was highly regarded but has been hampered by two serious injuries which he's now over, Hull were happy to start him in a game recently so he's hardly crap. Elder ought to be capable enough at this level and provides competition for Kenlock now we know Knudsen is off. Quaner is the kind of player we need, a big unit with pace and the ability to create something out of the blue in the final third. All of the signings have added to the squad and we have increased our options at the top end of the pitch. I genuinely don't know what people were expecting, we're bottom of the league, need players in quickly, and can't shell out £30k a week.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:57 - Jan 9 with 3561 viewsGuthrum

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:45 - Jan 9 by MrTown

The facts aren't positive are they?

Previous records of some of these players are not outstanding, you mean. Maybe so. Depends how they've been used, whether they've missed time through injury, if they've not been settled in a squad. Raw appearance and goal stats don't tell the whole story.

But if, for example, we're looking for some physical presence in attack, there are some much bigger lads here than we normally deploy. Some are men who've worked with Lambert before, know his methods. Best to wait and see if they're any good or not before flying to judgement.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 18:01 - Jan 9 with 3543 viewsCoastalblue

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:51 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Indeed, and Dawkins is really the only one that's a bit of an eye brow raiser and he is the definition of a cheap punt to give us a different option. Keane was highly regarded but has been hampered by two serious injuries which he's now over, Hull were happy to start him in a game recently so he's hardly crap. Elder ought to be capable enough at this level and provides competition for Kenlock now we know Knudsen is off. Quaner is the kind of player we need, a big unit with pace and the ability to create something out of the blue in the final third. All of the signings have added to the squad and we have increased our options at the top end of the pitch. I genuinely don't know what people were expecting, we're bottom of the league, need players in quickly, and can't shell out £30k a week.

Absolutely, I'm quite happy with what we've seen so far, they seem to be offering something we don't currently have or what we have is weak.

Dawkins I know zero about so am happy to see what happens there, I'm not sure he's been signed to pull us out of the cr4p single handedly anyway.

Elder and Quaner I think could be very good signings, maybe not enough to stay up but certainly give us a better stab at it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 18:03 - Jan 9 with 3540 viewsLeagueOne

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:20 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Equally there were those on here who shouted down anyone with reasonable points during the last window and were told that it was the greatest window and best business the club had ever done on here, everyone who said otherwise was negative or had an agenda. Even now there are some on here who are still repeating that the owner remaining is a good thing, the 5 point plan was right in principle, that some of these players will come good. Do they even watch the games do I ask?

We have got to be realistic, these signings are barrel scraping stuff. The stats do not lie, I hope they turn up and do wonders but all we're doing now is trying to paper over ever widening cracks.

STop attacking supporters for pointing out facts, it's become like science vs religion on here. We point out the earth is round, we're an accident of coincidence and there is no God and we get shot down for it by the mob. It's 2019 ffs not 1619. Being realistic isn't being negative and it's time people stopped spinning it that way on here.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 18:05]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 18:06 - Jan 9 with 3518 viewsBluearmy71

Mr Town how about taking your negativity shoving it up your arse and then f*cking off to a deserted island for the rest of your life, this would be a far better way of you supporting our club than how you are at the moment!!
Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 18:10 - Jan 9 with 3508 viewsHugoagogo

Complaints about complaining - heres some facts. on 17:36 - Jan 9 by wkj

Please never use Fifa or FM as a barometer for player success. Jordan Roberts was my top scorer in FM19 with 23 goals - say no more

Shows what you know. I managed to sell Knudsen in 20/21 season to Brondby IF for £8,750,000. And Kayden Jackson scored 15 times for me in the Premier League. Pretty realistic if you ask me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024