Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Nydam be an option at left back? 08:21 - Dec 21 with 6931 viewschristiand

If the club decide to cash in on Knudsen in January, as he is one of a few of our saleable assets could Nydam be the answer? I appreciate Kenlock is the rightful heir, but could Nydam be a viable option at left back when he returns from St Johnstone?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 08:23 - Dec 21 with 4892 viewsitfcjoe

My prediction last year was that he'd end the season at LB, he played there a couple of times in pre season and easily out performed Kenlock (in my view).

Mick loved him, and was desperate to get him into the team and I thought that could happen - I'd happily see it happen here now. just a natural footballer.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 08:28 - Dec 21 with 4880 viewsHerbivore

I can't see Lambert thinking it's a good idea to replace one of our few experienced Championship players with another teenager who would be playing in his less favoured position.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 08:51 - Dec 21 with 4827 viewsHarry_Palmer

Right here and now, no, I just can't see that being a good option for us.

We need experience, I would rather keep Knudsen and let him leave on a free in the summer than sell him for a pittance in January without an adequate replacement.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 9:20]
Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 08:54 - Dec 21 with 4813 viewsJimmyJazz

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 08:51 - Dec 21 by Harry_Palmer

Right here and now, no, I just can't see that being a good option for us.

We need experience, I would rather keep Knudsen and let him leave on a free in the summer than sell him for a pittance in January without an adequate replacement.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 9:20]

Indeed, with a contract expiring in 6 months how much does anyone think could be garnered from selling Knudsen in January? £300,000?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:01 - Dec 21 with 4796 viewsHerbivore

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 08:54 - Dec 21 by JimmyJazz

Indeed, with a contract expiring in 6 months how much does anyone think could be garnered from selling Knudsen in January? £300,000?

I'd be surprised to get that in all honesty. If a side was desperate they might offer to pay up the last 6 months of his contract essentially and I can't imagine he's a massive earner. Otherwise sides will wait and get him for free in the summer.

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:03 - Dec 21 with 4786 viewsJimmyJazz

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:01 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

I'd be surprised to get that in all honesty. If a side was desperate they might offer to pay up the last 6 months of his contract essentially and I can't imagine he's a massive earner. Otherwise sides will wait and get him for free in the summer.

Indeed, so i reckon we keep him until the summer

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:16 - Dec 21 with 4760 viewsGuthrum

I think that would come under the heading of: "An interesting experiment". It might possibly work, but is most certainly something we cannot afford right at this moment in time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:19 - Dec 21 with 4757 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Let's put it this way.

How would you feel about signing a reserve player from St Johnstone who is known as a midfield player and a youngster to boot and playing him as first choice left back for the rest of the season?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:20 - Dec 21 with 4751 viewswkj

If Darren Ambrose can play at RB then Nydam can more than handle LB

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:27 - Dec 21 with 4725 viewsBlueBadger

No. NEXT!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:29 - Dec 21 with 4719 viewsBlueBadger

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 08:28 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

I can't see Lambert thinking it's a good idea to replace one of our few experienced Championship players with another teenager who would be playing in his less favoured position.

As I said back when Mick originally announced his departure, anyone fervently hoping for Skuse, Chambers and Knudsen to never playa gain will be sadly disappointed.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:43 - Dec 21 with 4686 viewsPJH

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:29 - Dec 21 by BlueBadger

As I said back when Mick originally announced his departure, anyone fervently hoping for Skuse, Chambers and Knudsen to never playa gain will be sadly disappointed.

Yes, they certainly know how to become best mates with their manager (whoever it is)don't they?
Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:48 - Dec 21 with 4671 viewsBlueBadger

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:43 - Dec 21 by PJH

Yes, they certainly know how to become best mates with their manager (whoever it is)don't they?

There's a golden future for them in hospitality given that that's three managers now.

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:50 - Dec 21 with 4668 viewsPJH

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:48 - Dec 21 by BlueBadger

There's a golden future for them in hospitality given that that's three managers now.

Yes, they must be real proper blokes.
Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:54 - Dec 21 with 4651 viewsBlueBadger

..at which point all the people who've been telling us how rubbish he is will start crying about our lack of ability to get 'our best players signed up to contracts'.

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:58 - Dec 21 with 4651 viewsRadlett_blue

Knudsen can sign a pre-contract agreement with a non-English club next month & that's what I expect him to do. More mismanagement of Town's squad & finances from the inept Evans, but I suppose it's his money he's squandering.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:03 - Dec 21 with 4634 viewsHerbivore

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:58 - Dec 21 by Radlett_blue

Knudsen can sign a pre-contract agreement with a non-English club next month & that's what I expect him to do. More mismanagement of Town's squad & finances from the inept Evans, but I suppose it's his money he's squandering.

On this one I find it harder to blame him. The time to sign him up was in the summer but our genius new manager wanted to have a look at him first. Our disastrous start to the season has complicated things. Can we afford him if we drop to League 1? Would he even want to stay? I think Jonas's situation is down to a combination of an incompetent dwarf and circumstance rather than Evans.

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:07 - Dec 21 with 4627 viewsBiGDonnie

He'd be better than Knudsen so I'd definitely give him a go.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:10 - Dec 21 with 4619 viewsBiGDonnie

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 09:50 - Dec 21 by PJH

Yes, they must be real proper blokes.

Don't you ever get bored of spouting these boring one liners? Serious question.

COYBs

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:17 - Dec 21 with 4591 viewsitfcjoe

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:03 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

On this one I find it harder to blame him. The time to sign him up was in the summer but our genius new manager wanted to have a look at him first. Our disastrous start to the season has complicated things. Can we afford him if we drop to League 1? Would he even want to stay? I think Jonas's situation is down to a combination of an incompetent dwarf and circumstance rather than Evans.

Realistically, if there was interest in the summer we should have either sold him or tied him down to a new deal. No real excuse not to have done that.

Bart was given a new contract which presumably was from the 'club' rather than the manager, Knudsen should have had similar or been cashed in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:25 - Dec 21 with 4567 viewsHerbivore

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:17 - Dec 21 by itfcjoe

Realistically, if there was interest in the summer we should have either sold him or tied him down to a new deal. No real excuse not to have done that.

Bart was given a new contract which presumably was from the 'club' rather than the manager, Knudsen should have had similar or been cashed in

Hard to disagree with that, although had we cashed in we'd have even less experience in the squad now. But a decision ought to have been taken either way.

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:29 - Dec 21 with 4556 viewsNo9

Let the manager manage
Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:32 - Dec 21 with 4545 viewsBlueBadger

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:10 - Dec 21 by BiGDonnie

Don't you ever get bored of spouting these boring one liners? Serious question.

Ah, here's TWTD's Banter King, to tell us not to tell jokes.

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:32 - Dec 21 with 4551 viewsHerbivore

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:07 - Dec 21 by BiGDonnie

He'd be better than Knudsen so I'd definitely give him a go.

An actual turd would be better than you at expressing opinions on the interweb. I'd give the turd a go in your place.

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:35 - Dec 21 with 4543 viewsBiGDonnie

Could Nydam be an option at left back? on 10:32 - Dec 21 by BlueBadger

Ah, here's TWTD's Banter King, to tell us not to tell jokes.

Jokes? Do let us know when you decide to tell some nursey.

COYBs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024