Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Grealish 12:39 - May 31 with 5779 viewsAlabaster_Codify

Just read on Sky Sports that Leicester are in for him as a replacement for Mahrez.

Villa are said to want £40 million....yes £40 million.

Am I missing something? Seen him play many times & I rate him but even in todays game, that's a ridiculous price!!

No thanks...I don't do the horse

Jack Grealish on 12:40 - May 31 with 5748 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

After a promising start he didnt do much in the Prem. Once decent season in the Champ = £40m?

wow.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jack Grealish on 12:43 - May 31 with 5715 viewsWeekender

that's ridiculous!

wonder if they'll look at maddison?

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Jack Grealish on 12:45 - May 31 with 5692 viewsAlabaster_Codify

Jack Grealish on 12:43 - May 31 by Weekender

that's ridiculous!

wonder if they'll look at maddison?

It pains me to admit but I think Maddison is the better player

No thanks...I don't do the horse

Jack Grealish on 14:59 - May 31 with 5460 viewsitfcjoe

That seems OTT, but is a starting point.

But he is an excellent young English (which comes at a premium) player who would be an asset to any side in the top league. He should be setting his sights higher than Leicester

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jack Grealish on 15:26 - May 31 with 5382 viewsAlan_Handsome

Jack Grealish on 14:59 - May 31 by itfcjoe

But he is an excellent young English (which comes at a premium) player who would be an asset to any side in the top league. He should be setting his sights higher than Leicester

Don't you think that a player who has clearly had issues with keeping his feet firmly on the ground in the past, is doing the right thing in going to leicester, and then potentially on to a big team? I would have thought for someone like Grealish who is still developing then Leicester would be the perfect stepping stone club? He could conmtinue living at home and commute.

He probably is setting his sights higher, but wants to learn to walk before running?

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

Jack Grealish on 15:46 - May 31 with 5310 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Grealish on 15:26 - May 31 by Alan_Handsome

Don't you think that a player who has clearly had issues with keeping his feet firmly on the ground in the past, is doing the right thing in going to leicester, and then potentially on to a big team? I would have thought for someone like Grealish who is still developing then Leicester would be the perfect stepping stone club? He could conmtinue living at home and commute.

He probably is setting his sights higher, but wants to learn to walk before running?

I can see the sense in both approaches, but gone are the days when you can go to somewhere like Leicester and expect to play every week and be the main man. Sometimes you are best of at a bigger club with European commitments because you get a lot of rotation and chances to impress.

He'll also be earning a shedload wherever he ends up, and probably is already, so less chance now of him going totally off the rails - if that is going to happen it will happen.

Jack Grealish on 15:49 - May 31 with 5298 viewsartsbossbeard

Lee Hendrie's love child is a poor mans Jack Wilshire.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Jack Grealish on 16:45 - May 31 with 5141 viewsMullet

Villa are skint so putting it out there to inflate the eventual knockdown. He's worth nowhere near that even with add-ons and teams will look elsewhere, so they're just looking at getting as much as they can.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Grealish on 17:19 - May 31 with 5078 viewsRedX

But, but, but, I thought Jack is Villa through and through?
Jack Grealish on 17:22 - May 31 with 5062 viewsBOjK

Why do English players come at a premium?

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Jack Grealish on 17:24 - May 31 with 5055 viewsHerbivore

No chance. He's not close to top 6 level, not currently at least, so Leicester seems about the best level he can aim for. That price looks at least three times too high for a player who doesn't score or assist that often.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jack Grealish on 17:28 - May 31 with 5036 viewsSpruceMoose

Jack Grealish on 17:22 - May 31 by BOjK

Because most are so bad they they never get an international call up. That way, your plans are never disrupted by England fixtures and they can't get injured while on international duty.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jack Grealish on 17:30 - May 31 with 5020 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Grealish on 17:22 - May 31 by BOjK

I don’t set the market, but guess it’s to do with homegrown player rules mostly

Jack Grealish on 17:33 - May 31 with 5004 viewsHipsterectomy

He has also had Jon Terry bigging him up all season as one of the greatest players he has ever played with, which I'm sure has some weighting in the football world. Even if it is mostly bollax.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Jack Grealish on 17:34 - May 31 with 4999 viewsSpruceMoose

Jack Grealish on 17:33 - May 31 by Hipsterectomy

He has also had Jon Terry bigging him up all season as one of the greatest players he has ever played with, which I'm sure has some weighting in the football world. Even if it is mostly bollax.

Probably share the same agent or something.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jack Grealish on 17:37 - May 31 with 4977 viewsJ2BLUE

Really don't like Grealish. Hope he doesn't go for anywhere near that as it would make Maddison worth even more.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jack Grealish on 17:50 - May 31 with 4927 viewswkj

He looks outrageous in his tight shirt... the foxes will find that foxy

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jack Grealish on 17:56 - May 31 with 4912 viewsclive_baker

I don't warm to him as a person, albeit I don't know him and try not to judge people. There's just something about him I don't like, a whiff off arrogance.

Having said that, I think he's a quality player. He's got everything really, and at 22 has a lot to offer his next club if he keeps his head down and kicks on. Whether he's worth £40m is another question, it's ludicrous money but then that's modern football. If he went for somewhere in the region of £25m I would say it's good business all round. I hope he's in the Premier League next season, he's 100% good enough.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jack Grealish on 18:03 - May 31 with 4885 viewsglasso

He's a good player, but during the Playoff final they flashed up some stats to show how incredibly well he's progressing, and it made for pretty poor reading.

This year - his best by a long way - he's scored 3 and got 6 assists.

Since 2013, he's scored 9 goals and has 9 assists. In 95 appearances.

For a roaming, attack-minded player not even in the top division, it's hardly setting the world on fire, is it?

£40 million is insane.
Jack Grealish on 18:04 - May 31 with 4867 viewswkj

Jack Grealish on 18:03 - May 31 by glasso

He's a good player, but during the Playoff final they flashed up some stats to show how incredibly well he's progressing, and it made for pretty poor reading.

This year - his best by a long way - he's scored 3 and got 6 assists.

Since 2013, he's scored 9 goals and has 9 assists. In 95 appearances.

For a roaming, attack-minded player not even in the top division, it's hardly setting the world on fire, is it?

£40 million is insane.

If they agree to pay it, that just makes life harder for the lower leagues too, ugh... moneyball

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jack Grealish on 18:08 - May 31 with 4844 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Jack Grealish on 15:46 - May 31 by itfcjoe

I can see the sense in both approaches, but gone are the days when you can go to somewhere like Leicester and expect to play every week and be the main man. Sometimes you are best of at a bigger club with European commitments because you get a lot of rotation and chances to impress.

He'll also be earning a shedload wherever he ends up, and probably is already, so less chance now of him going totally off the rails - if that is going to happen it will happen.

I’m sure you’re right but I don’t see it with him. That said, I’ve not seen a great deal of him.
Jack Grealish on 19:12 - May 31 with 4747 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Grealish on 18:08 - May 31 by PrideOfTheEast

I’m sure you’re right but I don’t see it with him. That said, I’ve not seen a great deal of him.

He’s just so comfortable on the ball in tight spaces - you can give it to him anywhere and he’ll keep it. Great weight of pass and very athletic- he was excellent on Saturday and must have been fouled 15 times and should have had Fredericks sent off as well as Odoi.

His numbers aren’t great, but think a lot of that is because he recycles the ball so well and is fouled so often - I can see why people don’t like him but think a few are using this to denigrate what he actually does on the pitch, when most times I saw him this year he was comfortably the best player on it.

Jack Grealish on 19:27 - May 31 with 4704 viewsStNeotsBlue

Jack Grealish on 19:12 - May 31 by itfcjoe

He’s just so comfortable on the ball in tight spaces - you can give it to him anywhere and he’ll keep it. Great weight of pass and very athletic- he was excellent on Saturday and must have been fouled 15 times and should have had Fredericks sent off as well as Odoi.

His numbers aren’t great, but think a lot of that is because he recycles the ball so well and is fouled so often - I can see why people don’t like him but think a few are using this to denigrate what he actually does on the pitch, when most times I saw him this year he was comfortably the best player on it.

A friend of mine's son played alongside Grealish in the Villa youth teams and later in the Ireland youth set up, the pair of them were a bit of a nightmare. Grealish seems to have wised up a bit, my friends son has fallen out of the professional game.

Villa nicked my friends son from us at about U14 level.
Jack Grealish on 20:20 - May 31 with 4591 viewsArnieM

Jack Grealish on 12:45 - May 31 by Alabaster_Codify

It pains me to admit but I think Maddison is the better player

I dont think he’s such an accomplished diver as Maddison though.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024