Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of life questions. Bit disturbing. 19:00 - May 30 with 6657 viewsJoeSoap

Weird story but true.

Sunday afternoon I was happily sitting at my computer when I felt a bit unwell, high temperature etc, so told Mrs Soap that I off to bed for a little rest.
At midnight I was awoken by three people dressed as paramedics in my bedroom. It was like being in a carry on comedy as I watched them trying to attach a canula to my arm and strap a morphine drip on the chandelier above the bed. I just remember thinking what a strange dream I was having, and laughing.

Next thing I remember was waking up on what used to be called the intensive care unit of my local hospital and being spoken to by a cheerful young doctor. He told me it was five in the morning and I'd been brought in with pneumonia brought on in part to chest infections brought on by my low immunity due to chemotherapy. The doctor was asking about my breathing and what I would choose to happen if I was incapable of breathing without assistance from a machine. A real time stopping question and the first time I'd ever been scared of dying.
I can't remember what, if anything, I replied, and since I've now been demoted to an Emergency Floor side room with an oxygen mask and varying drips, I'm presuming I've moved away from the question of turn me off or turn me on again for the time being. I also remember thinking I can't die because Ryorry told me that I wasn't allowed until Ipswich reached the Premier League.

Anyway oxygen and antibiotics seem to be working so I reckon I'm pretty much invincible and will outlive you all.
By the way, how's our new manager search going?

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:06 - May 30 with 4969 viewsSpruceMoose

New manager is Alan Pardew. Football is ruined forever more.

Hope you're feeling better soon mate.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:08 - May 30 with 4962 viewswkj

Congrats on beating the reaper, Mum had Pneumonia over Christmas and you banged the nail on the head saying it was time stopping. Her recovery has been strong and she's enjoyed a new lease of life afterwars, so if that is a good template to you, iI hope you enjoy yourself

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:08 - May 30 with 4953 viewsJoeSoap

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:06 - May 30 by SpruceMoose

New manager is Alan Pardew. Football is ruined forever more.

Hope you're feeling better soon mate.

ALAN PARDEW!!!!! I should have elected to die. 😭

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:13 - May 30 with 4917 viewsSteve_M

So, your avatar was quite appropriate for this weekend?

Good to hear you're recovering from that but, yes, end of life questions are normally avoided when they really shouldn't be by any of us.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:23 - May 30 with 4874 viewsJoeSoap

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:13 - May 30 by Steve_M

So, your avatar was quite appropriate for this weekend?

Good to hear you're recovering from that but, yes, end of life questions are normally avoided when they really shouldn't be by any of us.

He was trying to be as upbeat as he could about it, and I can't for the life of me think what I said to him, I think he asked if I had a particular faith, and I haven't seen him since, bless him.
That's not really how I see my avatar to be honest, it's just a great bit of Lowry observation.

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:25 - May 30 with 4856 viewsfactual_blue

Keep going Joe - you're an inspiration.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:27 - May 30 with 4846 viewsJoeSoap

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:25 - May 30 by factual_blue

Keep going Joe - you're an inspiration.

Not really, I'm just determined not to go before you. 😁

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:28 - May 30 with 4835 viewsSpruceMoose

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:27 - May 30 by JoeSoap

Maybe you two could consider some kind of Thelma and Louise type exit?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:33 - May 30 with 4806 viewsvapour_trail

To be honest I’m not sure my grandkids will be around long enough to see us in the premier league and as long as we avoid teenage pregnancies they won’t be born for at least another fifteen years.

Glad you’re still about to tell us about it Joe. Godspeed sunshine.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:36 - May 30 with 4785 viewsfactual_blue

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:27 - May 30 by JoeSoap

Well, I've survived (so I'm told) to the age of 750, so I reckon I'm good for another couple of centuries on that basis.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:48 - May 30 with 4752 viewsJoeSoap

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:28 - May 30 by SpruceMoose

Maybe you two could consider some kind of Thelma and Louise type exit?

Ok, wait til the weekend. Did you want to be Thelma or Louise?
Unfortunately there's not many canyons in Suffolk, and finding enough police for the chase would be a nightmare.

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:50 - May 30 with 4731 viewsJoeSoap

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:36 - May 30 by factual_blue

Well, I've survived (so I'm told) to the age of 750, so I reckon I'm good for another couple of centuries on that basis.

You are Methuselah and I bow in your presence.

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:53 - May 30 with 4715 viewsclive_baker

Glad to hear you overcame that scare, what a horrible thing to go through. All the best with the recovery.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:57 - May 30 with 4694 viewsJoeSoap

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:53 - May 30 by clive_baker

Glad to hear you overcame that scare, what a horrible thing to go through. All the best with the recovery.

Thank you Mr Baker, more surreal than anything really.

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 20:40 - May 30 with 4606 viewsEdwardStone

Blimey, Joe

Look after yourself....you are needed at the bbq

Get well soon mate
End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 20:48 - May 30 with 4571 viewsDubtractor

Keep fighting mate.

That is the sort of question that I doubt any of us would want to have to answer.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 20:50 - May 30 with 4557 viewsJoeSoap

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 20:40 - May 30 by EdwardStone

Blimey, Joe

Look after yourself....you are needed at the bbq

Get well soon mate

Still aiming to get there fella, Mrs Soap has the final say though. I don't think Jen wants to miss out either, so she's on my side.

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 20:53 - May 30 with 4538 viewsJoeSoap

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 20:48 - May 30 by Dubtractor

Keep fighting mate.

That is the sort of question that I doubt any of us would want to have to answer.

Ha Ha, but having been asked the question I'm still not sure if or what I answered.

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 21:03 - May 30 with 4503 viewsCoastalblue

Blimey, get well soon Joe, we'll see if we can get Pardew to sign a card for you.

Waking up in icu wondering wtf is this? is quite the experience, hopefully you'll come back stronger than ever.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 21:06 - May 30 with 4488 viewsReuser_is_God

Bloody hell.

Keep going buh.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 21:08 - May 30 with 4479 viewsstickymockwell

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 20:53 - May 30 by JoeSoap

Ha Ha, but having been asked the question I'm still not sure if or what I answered.

I wish you were well and I had your outlook on life.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 21:09 - May 30 with 4471 viewsBloomBlue

The concern is we're all in the afterlife and you've just joined us here. I guesd the only way of confirming we're not is if nobody from Suffolk moans on this site ever again.

Working on the basis that will never happen congrats on surviving
End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 21:09 - May 30 with 4472 viewsGuthrum

Get well soon, Joe. Hopefully you'll be fit enough to catch up in a couple of weeks.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 21:10 - May 30 with 4467 viewsblueislander

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 19:08 - May 30 by wkj

Congrats on beating the reaper, Mum had Pneumonia over Christmas and you banged the nail on the head saying it was time stopping. Her recovery has been strong and she's enjoyed a new lease of life afterwars, so if that is a good template to you, iI hope you enjoy yourself

A number of people I have known with very serious conditions have actually died from pneumonia rather than the pre-existing condition. So congrats Joe on dodging that bullet.
End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 21:24 - May 30 with 4434 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

End of life questions. Bit disturbing. on 20:53 - May 30 by JoeSoap

They got the morphine in then.......maybe you should ask what your reply was and check it tallies with what you think! All the best fella....I'm currently in Turkey and have seen numerous swallows on wires which nowadays make me send you a thought. The swifts here are bloody amazing too.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024