Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" 10:39 - Apr 20 with 16813 viewsTractorCam

However, it's in The Sun.

Discuss

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Jonas Knudsen tells fans on 13:06 - Apr 20 with 3120 viewsJohnny_Boy

Jonas Knudsen tells fans on 13:01 - Apr 20 by Stenvict

He was just a little bit naive. You're reading far too much into this.

2 sepetate interviews saying basically the same thing (Mick was great, Fans are wrong).

Ill advised maybe?
Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:07 - Apr 20 with 3122 viewstrueblue1970

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:04 - Apr 20 by PJH

Which says more about our "supporters" than it does about Jonas.

not really he has set himself up
Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:09 - Apr 20 with 3104 viewsHerbivore

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 12:07 - Apr 20 by CaptainObvious

Is he stupid or something? Deliberately trying to provoke the fans of the team he hopes to play for next season. I think he's played his last game.

He'll be playing tomorrow and you'll look silly (no change there).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:10 - Apr 20 with 3097 viewsJohnny_Boy

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:01 - Apr 20 by Darth_Koont

Good on him.

I think "moving on" is about finding some objectivity and not just ignoring what Mick did at the club (both good and bad). Give him and the players the perspective and balance they deserve and then take the next step.

And a big part of that is calling out poor behaviour from a minority of the fans. They say that no managers or players are bigger than the club, but why do some fans think they are? They need to take responsibility for their words and actions like anyone else.

'Moving on' to Celtic.
Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:11 - Apr 20 with 3094 viewsDarth_Koont

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:03 - Apr 20 by FrimleyBlue

TBF Darth, I think they have over the past 2 weeks

I think that's the point, why bring it up again now? 24 hours before a game

Whilst wrong, I guarantee if Knudsen has a shtter he will get lynched

Of course, they haven't "moved on". These people never do.

If anything they got worse when Mick was already leaving. And I can understand fully how this has lingered in the tight-knit environment within the club.

Nothing at all wrong with calling them out and letting them know that they don't just get a free pass now Mick has gone. They need to at least understand they've been a full part in creating the division.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:12 - Apr 20 with 3085 viewsDarth_Koont

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:10 - Apr 20 by Johnny_Boy

'Moving on' to Celtic.

What are you wittering on about now?

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:14 - Apr 20 with 3073 viewsJohnny_Boy

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 12:45 - Apr 20 by Steve_M

Do you think he chose the questions he was asked?

Yes, better not to say given the reaction it provokes it but the players clearly still feel very strongly that what happened at Brentford was not acceptable.

- No comment.

- I don't feel comfortable answering that question.

If he wants to come across as chippy, he's certainly learnt from the best.
Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:16 - Apr 20 with 3059 viewsHerbivore

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 12:57 - Apr 20 by TractorCam

"Be careful what you wish for" isn't a conundrum. It means he believes that other managers won't be able to achieve what Mick has. If he has that personal opinion, then so be it. You don't come out and say that to the press making the fans look brainless

The fans he's referring to have already amply demonstrated to the world that they are brainless, nothing new from Jonas on that front.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:16 - Apr 20 with 3057 viewsFrimleyBlue

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:11 - Apr 20 by Darth_Koont

Of course, they haven't "moved on". These people never do.

If anything they got worse when Mick was already leaving. And I can understand fully how this has lingered in the tight-knit environment within the club.

Nothing at all wrong with calling them out and letting them know that they don't just get a free pass now Mick has gone. They need to at least understand they've been a full part in creating the division.

It got worse because he should have gone the day it was announced

all clubs have these minority groups. we are no different to any others

Players don't however need to come in 2 weeks later and bring it all back up again. There is no positive to take from that interview

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:17 - Apr 20 with 3054 viewsDarth_Koont

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:05 - Apr 20 by Ryorry

The problem is that he's couched it in such general terms that it simply comes across as him having a dig at *all* ITFC fans - which is pretty silly & out of order, considering we're the ones who partly pay his wages. But I don't know how much he was led on by the reporter.

I didn't take it as all fans.

Seems to be how some fans and the media want to take it though but it's really faux outrage as a cheap gimmick to justify having a bite back.

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:19 - Apr 20 with 3046 viewsPhilTWTD

Bit more from Jonas here:

Knudsen: Comments on Future Taken Wrong Way 20th Apr 2018 13:15
Defender Jonas Knudsen says his recent comments which implied he might be forced to consider his Town future following manager Mick McCarthy’s exit were misunderstood. 41

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:19 - Apr 20 with 3042 viewsDarth_Koont

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:16 - Apr 20 by FrimleyBlue

It got worse because he should have gone the day it was announced

all clubs have these minority groups. we are no different to any others

Players don't however need to come in 2 weeks later and bring it all back up again. There is no positive to take from that interview

Who decided "he should have gone the day it was announced"?

There's no reason that he couldn't see out the season, and it's certainly no excuse for the numbskulls to have their say.

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:24 - Apr 20 with 3020 viewsTractorCam

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:19 - Apr 20 by PhilTWTD

Bit more from Jonas here:

Knudsen: Comments on Future Taken Wrong Way 20th Apr 2018 13:15
Defender Jonas Knudsen says his recent comments which implied he might be forced to consider his Town future following manager Mick McCarthy’s exit were misunderstood. 41

This is about the comments before the Brentford match though isn't it?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:28 - Apr 20 with 3003 viewsFrimleyBlue

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:19 - Apr 20 by Darth_Koont

Who decided "he should have gone the day it was announced"?

There's no reason that he couldn't see out the season, and it's certainly no excuse for the numbskulls to have their say.

We don't need to have this discussion again Darth, we've been through the when should he have gone threads

my point is. ITS Done. the whole sorry affair is over with. Lets move on.

Once again, rather than talking positively about itfc, before a big game, we're talking about a negative.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:36 - Apr 20 with 2977 viewsKuqicoo

It really is time to look forward not back. Look at us...all still bickering. Mick has left. He's gone. It's a new start. Time to draw a line.
Footballers say daft things. I wish they wouldn't sometimes to be honest, as they are paid a handsome wage to kick a football about. I wouldnt come down on Jonas too heavily but its slightly misjudged.

But seriously move on....
Jonas Knudsen tells fans on 13:38 - Apr 20 with 2967 viewsRyorry

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:17 - Apr 20 by Darth_Koont

I didn't take it as all fans.

Seems to be how some fans and the media want to take it though but it's really faux outrage as a cheap gimmick to justify having a bite back.

Sorry but that's how it comes across to me, and plainly many others too - far from "faux outrage", I find it leaves just rather an unpleasant taste in the mouth - and was completely unnecessary. And before anyone calls me a snowmelt or whatever, I wasn't at Brentford but was really outraged at the "kiddy fiddler" chant by a minority.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 13:43]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 14:21 - Apr 20 with 2918 viewsDarth_Koont

Jonas Knudsen tells fans on 13:38 - Apr 20 by Ryorry

Sorry but that's how it comes across to me, and plainly many others too - far from "faux outrage", I find it leaves just rather an unpleasant taste in the mouth - and was completely unnecessary. And before anyone calls me a snowmelt or whatever, I wasn't at Brentford but was really outraged at the "kiddy fiddler" chant by a minority.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 13:43]

It's up to people how they deal with it. Denying these incidents were enough of a problem and should be swept under the rug is just another opinion or way of dealing with it.

Personally, I think those who were on the receiving end can take longer before they should "just move on" and they can even even respond if they want to.

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 14:25 - Apr 20 with 2906 viewsDarth_Koont

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 13:28 - Apr 20 by FrimleyBlue

We don't need to have this discussion again Darth, we've been through the when should he have gone threads

my point is. ITS Done. the whole sorry affair is over with. Lets move on.

Once again, rather than talking positively about itfc, before a big game, we're talking about a negative.

Fair enough. But see my reply to Ryorry.

Just because we perhaps don't take any of this personally doesn't mean that others who were on the receiving end should just let it slide. Especially, if they're being asked to comment on the situation at ITFC and the mood in the camp.

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 14:59 - Apr 20 with 2871 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Cannot wait for Sears coming out to defend McCarthy and say: 'be careful what you wish for as Mick has made me a better player'.
Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 15:26 - Apr 20 with 2844 viewsDarth_Koont

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 14:59 - Apr 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

Cannot wait for Sears coming out to defend McCarthy and say: 'be careful what you wish for as Mick has made me a better player'.

Not really sure where you're going with this.

Anyone who doesn't think Knudsen is now one of our best, most consistent and dependable players needs their heads examining. Or should just give up pretending to follow football.

He's more valuable to us than the feelings of a few numpties.

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 15:28 - Apr 20 with 2836 viewsitfcjoe

I used to think I took supporting ITFC too seriously, nowadays I look at how people react to the most nondescript things without a sense of nuance or reality and it makes me feel better about myself and sorry for them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 15:30 - Apr 20 with 2830 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 15:26 - Apr 20 by Darth_Koont

Not really sure where you're going with this.

Anyone who doesn't think Knudsen is now one of our best, most consistent and dependable players needs their heads examining. Or should just give up pretending to follow football.

He's more valuable to us than the feelings of a few numpties.

Anyone who disagree with you re Knudsen should give up pretending to follow football..... Ha ha. Right !
Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 15:47 - Apr 20 with 2807 viewseireblue

Maybe: Definition

Informal An uncertainty: There are so many maybes involved in playing the stock market.
Informal An uncertain reply: It's better to receive a fast and honest no than a drawn-out maybe.

I think it always good to use the full sentence when quoting what someone has said.
Otherwise a discussion is fairly meaningless.
Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 16:33 - Apr 20 with 2767 viewsBenters2

Balls.
Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 16:34 - Apr 20 with 2766 viewsDarth_Koont

Jonas Knudsen tells fans "be careful what you wish for" on 15:30 - Apr 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

Anyone who disagree with you re Knudsen should give up pretending to follow football..... Ha ha. Right !

If that's the best you've got then yes, you should.

Alternatively you can tell me who is one of our best, most consistent and dependable players if he isn't.

Bart
Knudsen
Waghorn
Skuse
Connolly

These would be my top 5 in order. And maybe replace Connolly with Chambers or Webster if we're just talking about our own players.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024