Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mogga watch.... 22:01 - Apr 17 with 4441 viewsSuperfrans

Shrewsbury lost at home tonight, which means Blackburn are 5 points and far superior goal difference ahead - both of them with 4 games left.

Blackburn play Peterborough at home on Thursday - if they win that they’ll be all but promoted, 8 points and goal difference ahead.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mogga watch.... on 22:15 - Apr 17 with 4075 viewsElderGrizzly

Hmmm, early approach to Mogga?

At least we could either get him/rule him out early if they have secured promotion
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 22:16]
Mogga watch.... on 22:24 - Apr 17 with 4044 viewsPlums

Mogga watch.... on 22:15 - Apr 17 by ElderGrizzly

At least we could either get him/rule him out early if they have secured promotion

If I was in his position, I wouldn’t welcome the distraction of an approach now. A covert ‘we’d like to talk when the season is over’ perhaps but any attempt at negotiation could be catastrophic for him and Blackburn at this stage.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Mogga watch.... on 22:24 - Apr 17 with 4042 viewsMelford

Do what Wigan have done with Paul Cook, gets Portsmouth promoted, Wigan snap him up and he's getting promoted again. What Blades did in getting Chris Wilder in, won the division with Northampton then took Blades up. A manager on a hot streak, add to that all the sentimental Ipswich way box ticking, makes Mowbray number one candidate for me.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Mogga watch.... on 22:27 - Apr 17 with 4025 viewsElderGrizzly

Mogga watch.... on 22:24 - Apr 17 by Plums

If I was in his position, I wouldn’t welcome the distraction of an approach now. A covert ‘we’d like to talk when the season is over’ perhaps but any attempt at negotiation could be catastrophic for him and Blackburn at this stage.

That’s what I meant tbh. If he has got promotion done 4 games early, then approach before the end to see if a deal can be done.

If not, move on
Mogga watch.... on 22:28 - Apr 17 with 4014 viewsfooters

Do approaches like that need to be made public, in terms of contracts etc?

Ambivalent about Mogga myself, just a point of order.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Mogga watch.... on 22:30 - Apr 17 with 4003 viewsElderGrizzly

Mogga watch.... on 22:28 - Apr 17 by footers

Do approaches like that need to be made public, in terms of contracts etc?

Ambivalent about Mogga myself, just a point of order.

No, assume first anyone hears of it, is if Venkys decided to make public to try and drive price up or get Mogga to commit to them.

He is out of contract this summer, but they have a 1 year option which you assume they’ll take up
Mogga watch.... on 22:32 - Apr 17 with 3994 viewsfooters

Mogga watch.... on 22:30 - Apr 17 by ElderGrizzly

No, assume first anyone hears of it, is if Venkys decided to make public to try and drive price up or get Mogga to commit to them.

He is out of contract this summer, but they have a 1 year option which you assume they’ll take up

Gotcha. Ta, EG.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Mogga watch.... on 22:35 - Apr 17 with 3979 viewsCurrie10

It's a no from me.

It's not happened twice already, don't see why we'd entertain talks a third time.

Further, why the hell would he leave a side on the up
Likely to be promoted
With his own players, whom no doubt he can add to

Rather than coming to us, without a pot to piss in, needing to change a bucket tonne of players with expectation.

Absolute no brainer - I don't see why in gods name he'll be coming to us this summer. Makes very little sense all around to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Mogga watch.... on 22:41 - Apr 17 with 3938 viewsMark

It looks like Shrewsbury will miss out on automatic promotion, so may be an opportunity to get Paul Hurst.
Mogga watch.... on 06:22 - Apr 18 with 3706 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Mogga watch.... on 22:24 - Apr 17 by Melford

Do what Wigan have done with Paul Cook, gets Portsmouth promoted, Wigan snap him up and he's getting promoted again. What Blades did in getting Chris Wilder in, won the division with Northampton then took Blades up. A manager on a hot streak, add to that all the sentimental Ipswich way box ticking, makes Mowbray number one candidate for me.

You’ve kind of answered why Paul Cook is the outstanding candidate, yet to have any sort of failure or underachievement on his C.V. Mowbray has had 2/3 poor spells as a manager including Celtic which should be impossible.
Mogga watch.... on 07:22 - Apr 18 with 3552 viewstextbackup

Mogga watch.... on 22:35 - Apr 17 by Currie10

It's a no from me.

It's not happened twice already, don't see why we'd entertain talks a third time.

Likely to be promoted

Rather than coming to us, without a pot to piss in, needing to change a bucket tonne of players with expectation.

Absolute no brainer - I don't see why in gods name he'll be coming to us this summer. Makes very little sense all around to me.

Because Blackburn is an absolute shthole of a place?
granted Ipswich isn't much better, but he knows the decent parts down here from his time playing

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mogga watch.... on 07:36 - Apr 18 with 3518 viewsTendring_Blue

Mogga watch.... on 07:22 - Apr 18 by textbackup

Because Blackburn is an absolute shthole of a place?
granted Ipswich isn't much better, but he knows the decent parts down here from his time playing

Ipswich is far better. Compared to the Midlands it seems posh!
Mogga watch.... on 07:38 - Apr 18 with 3512 viewsSWGF

Mogga watch.... on 22:41 - Apr 17 by Mark

It looks like Shrewsbury will miss out on automatic promotion, so may be an opportunity to get Paul Hurst.

Doesn't it mean that we have to wait even longer as he's now got playoffs to contend with?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Mogga watch.... on 07:52 - Apr 18 with 3473 viewsSuperfrans

Indeed. And they could be promoted by this time next week, if they win on Thursday and then Tuesday.

Mogga watch.... on 08:07 - Apr 18 with 3425 viewstractorboy1978

We will have already done that unofficially if he is the number one target (which I think he is). I am sure feelers will have been put out, whether to his agent or via people still close to the club that he knows like Klug speaking to him to see if he is interested or not.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 8:07]
Mogga watch.... on 08:24 - Apr 18 with 3358 viewstractorboy1978

Mogga watch.... on 22:35 - Apr 17 by Currie10

It's a no from me.

Likely to be promoted

It's hardly a no brainer is it? The Venkys make ME look a model owner, they've been even more disinterested and aloof than he has over the last couple of years and I doubt they will suddenly start throwing money at it next season.

He only has a year left on his deal (assuming they take up the option) so doesn't have long term security. A three year deal here could be very appealing - best crop of young players coming through we've had in quite a while. It could be a project that appeals to him at a club he knows.

Why would we go back for him? He ticks virtually every box from ME's perspective. Experienced at this level, plays decent football, has a club connection and would get a lot of fans back on side, not an abrasive character, has worked with Klug before and knows the ethos of the club.

The above is all speculation but it's not a no brainer by any means that he wouldn't come.
Mogga watch.... on 08:30 - Apr 18 with 3327 viewsHerbivore

I honestly think Mogga will want a crack at the Championship with Blackburn having taken them up. I really don't see him coming here, much as I'd be happy with him coming in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mogga watch.... on 08:35 - Apr 18 with 3307 viewsITFC_Forever

Mogga watch.... on 22:41 - Apr 17 by Mark

Yep, Shrews definitely wouldn't their manager to stay and try and get them through the POs....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mogga watch.... on 08:35 - Apr 18 with 3309 viewsKieran_Knows

Mogga watch.... on 08:30 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

I honestly think Mogga will want a crack at the Championship with Blackburn having taken them up. I really don't see him coming here, much as I'd be happy with him coming in.

I think as others have pointed out, given that we seem to be happy to wait until the end of season to appoint somebody, I'd imagine it is someone that is already in a job. If it Mowbray (and again, its already been pointed out), we must have had some indication that he'd be at least willing to talk to us for us to wait, as otherwise, why wouldn't we be talking/appointing the likes of Warburton/McLaren who are both out of jobs and ready to work ASAP (we might well be for all I know, just it all seems to point to us looking at someone who is already at a club).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mogga watch.... on 08:39 - Apr 18 with 3292 viewshype313

Mogga watch.... on 08:30 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

You see I think it all points towards Mogga, the fact that we are waiting until the end of the season, they would have definitely put feelers out to him, and I would imagine he said he's keen, but doesn't want anything to detract from his current situation.

Also, I would imagine not only would he want to comeback here but the opportunity for his Wife to come home is a big pull, and lets face it, we all bow to the wife.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Mogga watch.... on 08:40 - Apr 18 with 3286 viewsHerbivore

Mogga watch.... on 08:35 - Apr 18 by Kieran_Knows

I think as others have pointed out, given that we seem to be happy to wait until the end of season to appoint somebody, I'd imagine it is someone that is already in a job. If it Mowbray (and again, its already been pointed out), we must have had some indication that he'd be at least willing to talk to us for us to wait, as otherwise, why wouldn't we be talking/appointing the likes of Warburton/McLaren who are both out of jobs and ready to work ASAP (we might well be for all I know, just it all seems to point to us looking at someone who is already at a club).

I think people are reading too much into waiting. We've got nothing to play for so there is no urgency to bring in a new man to pick us up points towards promotion or survival and that's not always been the case with previous appointments (Keane aside but he'd already been lined up). I think it's more likely to be a case of wanting to consider as many options as possible and giving ourselves the time to do that rather than waiting because it's Mogga. I'm just not convinced Mogga would come off the back of taking Blackburn up, he'll fancy seeing what he can do with them I reckon and his last 2 jobs at clubs he has links with haven't gone well and that may play on his mind too (it's playing on mine).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mogga watch.... on 09:03 - Apr 18 with 3241 viewsSuperfrans

Mogga watch.... on 08:40 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

I think people are reading too much into waiting. We've got nothing to play for so there is no urgency to bring in a new man to pick us up points towards promotion or survival and that's not always been the case with previous appointments (Keane aside but he'd already been lined up). I think it's more likely to be a case of wanting to consider as many options as possible and giving ourselves the time to do that rather than waiting because it's Mogga. I'm just not convinced Mogga would come off the back of taking Blackburn up, he'll fancy seeing what he can do with them I reckon and his last 2 jobs at clubs he has links with haven't gone well and that may play on his mind too (it's playing on mine).

You may be right, we’re all guessing after all. But I hope we’re not being as cavalier about the next few weeks as you suggest. This is a key period for recruitment ahead of next season. And there is greater reason for urgency this year, a, because of the World Cup (which will keep everybody busier than usual in June/July) and, b, the transfer window which opens in mid May (rather than early June) because it ia closing earlier too (August 6, I think).

To be honest, the only reason to delay appointment is if we genuinely don’t like any of the out of work options, which seems unlikely, or we have our eye on a specific candidate (eg. Mowbray). For me, it’s the latter.

Mogga watch.... on 09:04 - Apr 18 with 3238 viewsSuperfrans

Mogga watch.... on 08:35 - Apr 18 by Kieran_Knows

Exactly this.

Mogga watch.... on 09:06 - Apr 18 with 3232 viewsWallingford_Boy

I just don't get this and I know its been said before, but why on earth would he leave Blackburn to join us?!

Sure, he played for us and may well like the area, but he has just got a club promoted, they are on a roll, likely to have a bit of cash to spend (certainly more than we have), he knows the job and the club inside out there and they obviously love him, so why risk it to join a club going in the opposite direction?

I think he'd be a great manager for Ipswich, but think he'd be mad to leave Blackburn.

RIP Sir Bobby

Mogga watch.... on 09:16 - Apr 18 with 3205 viewsKieran_Knows

Mogga watch.... on 09:04 - Apr 18 by Superfrans

Exactly this.

Was only repeating what you had said to be honest, ha!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024