Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now this I am annoyed about 08:53 - Apr 18 with 1272 viewsGuthrum

The BBC loses the rights for a couple of overseas cricket tours to TalkSport, with the possibility of a third. Doubt they'll be able to match TMS standards of coverage and if it continues, will be a threat to the existence of that institution.

Just so they can fund more contrived, shouty TV dramas in a vain attempt to compete with Netflix.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/apr/18/talksport-outbids-bbc-to-secure-ri

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Now this I am annoyed about on 08:55 - Apr 18 with 1243 viewsvapour_trail

Adverts between overs and constant updates on the latest odds. It just ain’t cricket.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Now this I am annoyed about on 08:56 - Apr 18 with 1240 viewshype313

Talksport ffs? That station has some loudmouth berk spouting inane drivel for 3 minutes followed by an hour of adverts.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Now this I am annoyed about on 09:10 - Apr 18 with 1207 viewsFixed_It

Now this I am annoyed about on 08:55 - Apr 18 by vapour_trail

Adverts between overs and constant updates on the latest odds. It just ain’t cricket.

And, without wanting to be too snobbish*, I doubt many of their target clientele are really into cricket.

*OK - I failed!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Now this I am annoyed about on 09:15 - Apr 18 with 1194 viewschicoazul

A decision made by the Sri Lankan and WI cricket boards. TS threw money at them in other words.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 9:16]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Now this I am annoyed about on 09:50 - Apr 18 with 1150 viewsbluewein

Will be setting up my Sky account on the work laptop and listening to the commentary coming from there in that case.

I'll take a prolonged 30 seconds of silence over an advert for Paddy Power after every over.

Will be interesting to see who they get as commentators as well. Will they be getting a couple of the BBC chaps in (Vaughan, Tuffers, Swann etc) or just have the usual clueless idiots who've never played before offering little in the way of detail? (I'm looking at you Moose...)

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Now this I am annoyed about on 10:10 - Apr 18 with 1109 viewsIpswichKnight

Did hear that BBC TMS will be losing Ed Smith as he is set to become the new chariman of selectors.

Kind of hoping that the WI test series will be over the Easter holidays next year so that myself and the wife have an excuse to visit her relatives in Jamaica and catch the cricket as well!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024