Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The club/Mick arent helping 11:54 - Apr 8 with 7829 viewsFrimleyBlue

Digusting scenes yesturday I see

So question.

Why are the club and/or Mick allowing it to continue

What benefits are there to Mick staying for the rest of season.

Genuine question.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The club/Mick arent helping on 13:14 - Apr 8 with 1483 viewsJ2BLUE

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:47 - Apr 8 by FrimleyBlue

Although mick would hope evans wouldnt hold clubs to compensation if they came in for him now?

You're trying way too hard.

MM is the manager with a contract that runs until June 30th. He has not been sacked and is therefore being professional and doing his duties as our manager. As far as the compensation thing goes, it's entirely fair enough. A good example is Kevin Bru. We're not renewing his contract either (I assume) but he's still turning up to train and collecting a wage. If a club from a country who have a different season schedule to us came in for him now i'm sure he'd be hoping the club released him so he could sign for that club. I'm not sure how UEFA regulations work for that sort of thing but i'm making a point. You're suggesting MM wants everything is own way and is staying to line his pockets. It's a very unfair way to look at it. Based on what we know about him it's far more likely to be out of loyalty to the players and his staff who will collect a pay packet until the end of June if he doesn't walk now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The club/Mick arent helping on 13:46 - Apr 8 with 1439 viewsStowTractorBoy

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:50 - Apr 8 by Superfrans

I agree that he’d have been better to keep his thoughts about some of the fans to himself.

But he wasn’t “telling us to **** off at Norwich” - unless you’re one of the fans who put their ignorance into song by singing “your football is sh**”” when he made a like for like substitution (full-back for full-back) because of an injury.

Superfrans - Whatever the circumstances and by the way I was not one of the fans expressing the standard of MM football but a man in his position should not behave as he did. That abuse and the numbskulls remark (by the way I am not one of those either) should never have been made by a man in his position. He has added to his own downfall with these stupid remarks. Up until the aforementioned I really wanted him to stay but his position became untenable which is why he should walk now. As for his salary he would have his contract paid up to its conclusion anyway and I am sure there would be plenty of volunteers on the payroll who would take the reigns until the end of the season i.e Nash/Lee and Burley and Butcher who regularly sit in the stands would happily do it I'm sure. The current situation is frankly bizarre.
The club/Mick arent helping on 13:57 - Apr 8 with 1427 viewsCurrie10

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:47 - Apr 8 by FrimleyBlue

Although mick would hope evans wouldnt hold clubs to compensation if they came in for him now?

If any club came in, there would be a tiny tiny fee I suppose due to the fact he's under compensation however may well get waved.

He'd be off the wage bill so to speak, so can imagine say WBA came in that would be that.

I understand people want Mick out, however Evans is surely where others ( not you! ) need look!

Ridiculous situation Mick still being incharge now.

Hell, I'm a massive Mcik lover / inner or whatever but he needs getting rid of ASAP - put on gardening leave etc whatever just out the club.

I would suggest it's ££££ well spent / club would get more season tickets / shift more for the rest of this season should he just go! It's laughable.
The club/Mick arent helping on 14:41 - Apr 8 with 1402 viewsSuperfrans

The club/Mick arent helping on 13:46 - Apr 8 by StowTractorBoy

Superfrans - Whatever the circumstances and by the way I was not one of the fans expressing the standard of MM football but a man in his position should not behave as he did. That abuse and the numbskulls remark (by the way I am not one of those either) should never have been made by a man in his position. He has added to his own downfall with these stupid remarks. Up until the aforementioned I really wanted him to stay but his position became untenable which is why he should walk now. As for his salary he would have his contract paid up to its conclusion anyway and I am sure there would be plenty of volunteers on the payroll who would take the reigns until the end of the season i.e Nash/Lee and Burley and Butcher who regularly sit in the stands would happily do it I'm sure. The current situation is frankly bizarre.

I didn’t think you were one of those people. I’m not either and I totally understand him telling them to f*** off and calling them numbskulls. They deserve it. It isn’t ideal and I’d rather he didn’t, but I understand why he did.

Personally, I don’t see any benefit in getting Butcher or Burley to take over before the end of the season. These are McCarthy’s players, he can motivate them and organise them better than anyone else. The season is over anyway, it’s only a handful of games, most of us are grown up enough to just be patient and see it through.

Btw, apologies, I accidentally downvoted your post. Totally unintentional.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The club/Mick arent helping on 14:46 - Apr 8 with 1388 viewsAJblue

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:30 - Apr 8 by PJH

Thanks, I know that I am in the minority but at no point have I wanted MM to be gone.

100% agree

Crecy

The club/Mick arent helping on 16:16 - Apr 8 with 1356 viewsBlueBadger

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:08 - Apr 8 by FrimleyBlue

The blokes brought it on himself. How many after match or midweek press conferences has he slated these group of supporters....

I dont condone it. But i find it strange that knowing it wont get any better why hes still here with as you say nothing to play for

He's slated this group of supporters because they're pr1cks. Pure and simple. There's no defending them.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 16:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The club/Mick arent helping on 16:19 - Apr 8 with 1348 viewsBlueBadger

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:12 - Apr 8 by FrimleyBlue

Whos offended?

Going by how keen you are defend them, you?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The club/Mick arent helping on 17:00 - Apr 8 with 1325 viewsBenters2

The club/Mick arent helping on 16:16 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

He's slated this group of supporters because they're pr1cks. Pure and simple. There's no defending them.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 16:23]

You are very angry today!
Login to get fewer ads

The club/Mick arent helping on 17:13 - Apr 8 with 1313 viewsRAH4

Good Question,
Answer is no reason why he should stay .
IMHO ..problem is at the top... ME is out of his depth and doesn't know what is best to do.
So as often happens you do the minimum you have to do and hope that things get better.
Fairly standard management technique.
Leaves MM as an employee of the club in an awkward spot. he has been asked to fulfil the terms of his contract and is contractually obliged to do.
OK...OK the money is different but the principle is the same.
What would you do ?
Plus in terms of his next job, can show ongoing attributes of strength of character and person of principle.
Real issue is once they decided to part ways ME should have said Thank You and Au Revoir.
Current situation means that no one wins...inc ME.
Until then no one wins.
Am going to Forest on Saturday. Its 2 miles from here.
Really don't know when my next game will be.
Previously have gone past the City Ground en route to every home game and a 300 mile round trip.
13 hours door to door with the delights of the rail system.
Even more previously was a long drive and a day out for the family..life moves on.
So where now ?
With all the current vitriol would take a brave manager to leave a "secure" job and join us.
Plus what player would want to join, or if they had a offer from elsewhere...I know ...I know ..stay

So ME... as leaders should always be ..visible..forward thinking...communicative..inspirational .
Where are you?
RSVP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024