Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The club/Mick arent helping 11:54 - Apr 8 with 7827 viewsFrimleyBlue

Digusting scenes yesturday I see

So question.

Why are the club and/or Mick allowing it to continue

What benefits are there to Mick staying for the rest of season.

Genuine question.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:17 - Apr 8 with 2373 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:11 - Apr 8 by FrimleyBlue

How is it bowing down?

Ive never known a club to effectively sack a manager yet give him 8 more games after a rather negative few months with an increase in manager/supporter split

Most of those chanting at Mick are clearly idiots. I think we've learnt from MM that this kind of thing will only make him more belligerent than he already is.

If you think he'll suddenly start playing free flowing attacking football because of a bit of chanting then your wrong. He'll probably play with 6 at the back and 2 holding midfielders an play for a 0-0 just to piss you off.

The season is over, and he's going, we got what we wanted, get over it; the level of whining is at an all time high. At some point, (I hope), we'll all realise that Mick is not the cancer in this club.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 12:28]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:18 - Apr 8 with 2371 viewsFrimleyBlue

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:15 - Apr 8 by Superfrans

“Why are the club and/or Mick allowing it to continue“

What are you doing then?

I dont really have a say in what happens at itfc

Waka waka eh eh

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:21 - Apr 8 with 2355 viewsPJH

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:01 - Apr 8 by Herbivore

Then maybe that awful minority of fckwits need to be the ones to change?

That would be the sensible hope but not sure if it will happen because they seem to rejoice in their own stupidity.
At the moment ITFC must have the worst set of followers(not supporters) that they have ever had.
No doubt all clubs have some idiots that follow them but we seem to have way way above our fair share at the moment.
The club/Mick arent helping on 12:21 - Apr 8 with 2352 viewsHerbivore

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:17 - Apr 8 by FrimleyBlue

Think youll find mick didnt get the chance to give his opinion on a new contract.

Either way. Mutual agreement. Sacking whichever... why wait.

Sorry, didn't realise that you were there to hear the content of a private conversation between the owner and the manager.

He hasn't been sacked, it's not mutual consent either, his contract is up at the end of the season and isn't being renewed. That means he's still our manager until the end of the season. I'm not sure exactly what you're struggling with here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:22 - Apr 8 with 2341 viewsSuperfrans

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:18 - Apr 8 by FrimleyBlue

I dont really have a say in what happens at itfc

Well, tha5s self evident. And jus5 as well too.

But, just to be clear, you’re not suggesting the club do anything? So this thread is utterly pointless then?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:23 - Apr 8 with 2341 viewsPJH

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:17 - Apr 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Most of those chanting at Mick are clearly idiots. I think we've learnt from MM that this kind of thing will only make him more belligerent than he already is.

If you think he'll suddenly start playing free flowing attacking football because of a bit of chanting then your wrong. He'll probably play with 6 at the back and 2 holding midfielders an play for a 0-0 just to piss you off.

The season is over, and he's going, we got what we wanted, get over it; the level of whining is at an all time high. At some point, (I hope), we'll all realise that Mick is not the cancer in this club.

Please remove the word "all" from between we and wanted, otherwise agree with your last paragraph.
The club/Mick arent helping on 12:23 - Apr 8 with 2338 viewsFrimleyBlue

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:21 - Apr 8 by Herbivore

Sorry, didn't realise that you were there to hear the content of a private conversation between the owner and the manager.

He hasn't been sacked, it's not mutual consent either, his contract is up at the end of the season and isn't being renewed. That means he's still our manager until the end of the season. I'm not sure exactly what you're struggling with here.

My op isnt about contracts

Not sure why youre changing the thread to suit you.

All i asked and no one has even attempted to answer is why has it not been ended sooner by either party

Waka waka eh eh

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:25 - Apr 8 with 2330 viewsFrimleyBlue

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:22 - Apr 8 by Superfrans

Well, tha5s self evident. And jus5 as well too.

But, just to be clear, you’re not suggesting the club do anything? So this thread is utterly pointless then?

Im sorry you not seen the question in the OP

Thats the point to the thread.

How about seeing a question and maybe providing your opinion on it
That would be great for a forum

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:26 - Apr 8 with 2326 viewsSuperfrans

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:17 - Apr 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

There isn’t a cancer at this club. We’ve had a decade in stasis - too good to go down, not good enough to go up.

Don’t demean the awful horror of cancer.

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:28 - Apr 8 with 2315 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:23 - Apr 8 by PJH

Please remove the word "all" from between we and wanted, otherwise agree with your last paragraph.

Agreed.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:30 - Apr 8 with 2312 viewsHerbivore

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:23 - Apr 8 by FrimleyBlue

My op isnt about contracts

Not sure why youre changing the thread to suit you.

All i asked and no one has even attempted to answer is why has it not been ended sooner by either party

Because, right, what's been agreed is that Mick's contract won't be renewed. There's nothing else to sort, aside from finding a new manager. You seem to be struggling to grasp this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:30 - Apr 8 with 2305 viewsPJH

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:28 - Apr 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Agreed.

Thanks, I know that I am in the minority but at no point have I wanted MM to be gone.
The club/Mick arent helping on 12:32 - Apr 8 with 2291 viewsJ2BLUE

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:30 - Apr 8 by PJH

Thanks, I know that I am in the minority but at no point have I wanted MM to be gone.

Fair enough. I struggle to understand that after he threw away our slim hopes of making the play offs when it was a risk free hit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:33 - Apr 8 with 2289 viewsCurrie10

Are you broken limited or zero understanding of football?

IT'S NOT MICK'S FAULT.

If he walks, he doesn't get the contract compensation he's owed.

See Winston Bogarde at Chelsea that the press tried to ridicule.

IT IS EVANS FAULT AND NEEDS TO PAY HIM OFF.

It's really not difficult.
The club/Mick arent helping on 12:34 - Apr 8 with 2282 viewsSwn98

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:21 - Apr 8 by PJH

That would be the sensible hope but not sure if it will happen because they seem to rejoice in their own stupidity.
At the moment ITFC must have the worst set of followers(not supporters) that they have ever had.
No doubt all clubs have some idiots that follow them but we seem to have way way above our fair share at the moment.

Well said PJH i don't look forward to matches any more not because of the football but because of the atmosphere i hope things change next season.
The club/Mick arent helping on 12:35 - Apr 8 with 2270 viewspickles110564

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:02 - Apr 8 by FrimleyBlue

Not at all

Ive never known a situation where a manager has been wanted out. A club announce theyre leavng in 7 weeks time. I genuinly dont get why and i cant see the negative chants etc changing.

In the business world you would serve 3 months notice.
The club/Mick arent helping on 12:36 - Apr 8 with 2264 viewsgosblue

I too would love to see a new face in charge and a positive vibe around PR. If there is one plus side to MM still being here it means we will have many more options in terms of replacements at the end of the season than if we drag someone in now out of desperation.
The club/Mick arent helping on 12:36 - Apr 8 with 2265 viewsBenters2

Becuase the club has hired a 'Pope Mobile' for the final game of the season,and a lucky few get to scatter rose petals in front of it as it goes slowly around the pitch.
The club/Mick arent helping on 12:40 - Apr 8 with 2254 viewsStowTractorBoy

The Club have made this ridiculous decision to keep MM on when there is absolutely no point. I do not condone the behaviour of the minority but when a supposed professional Manager with loads of experience and receiving a salary probably most of us do not get near yet abuses his own fans, is frankly disgraceful. Telling us to ---- off at the Norwich game when we should have been enjoying the moment was unforgivable whatever the circumstances and then tell some of us we are numskulls should have been the end for this stubborn man. Have been a fan of McCarthy up until recently but he has let himself down and he should do the honourable thing and walk away now. I accept he has taken abuse but he should rise above it after all he should be used to it after managing Sunderland and Wolves particularly the latter where he faced a similar scenario. Until us fans know who the new Manager is does the Club really think that some fans will renew their season tickets ? The whole Club is in a real mess and the owner must take action now to pacify the heart of the Club - its supporters.
The club/Mick arent helping on 12:40 - Apr 8 with 2248 viewsPJH

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:32 - Apr 8 by J2BLUE

Fair enough. I struggle to understand that after he threw away our slim hopes of making the play offs when it was a risk free hit.

Sometimes his team selections and substitutions have puzzled me but I have never stopped believing that he was the right person for us in the past,present and future.
Obviously the future no longer applies and it is not much fun for him or us in the present but I reiterate that I have never wanted him gone.
The club/Mick arent helping on 12:46 - Apr 8 with 2234 viewsSuperfrans

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:25 - Apr 8 by FrimleyBlue

Im sorry you not seen the question in the OP

Thats the point to the thread.

How about seeing a question and maybe providing your opinion on it
That would be great for a forum

I’ve seen the questions (there are two of them). But you clearly have your own opinion, hence: “Why are the club and/or Mick allowing it to continue”. Your words.

He’s under contract. That’s why he’s still here. Surely that’s not too complicated for you to understand?

Tell us what we would be achieved by paying off the rest of his contract - which would also involve paying off TC’s contract, Dave Bowman’s contract, and then finding a first team coach and assistant to fill in for the rest of the season.

The morons who turned up yesterday are where the attention should be. Why did they turn up yesterday? They clearly didn’t support the team. They came along determined to chant abuse at McCarthy, ruin the atmosphere for everyone else, abuse other fans who told them to shut up and generally make it more difficult for the team. They’re not supporters. And they should just have stayed in the pub all afternoon rather than ruining it for everyone else.

They’re the reason the season is getting worse as every game passes, not the club. Or McCarthy,

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:47 - Apr 8 with 2232 viewsFrimleyBlue

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:33 - Apr 8 by Currie10

Are you broken limited or zero understanding of football?

IT'S NOT MICK'S FAULT.

If he walks, he doesn't get the contract compensation he's owed.

See Winston Bogarde at Chelsea that the press tried to ridicule.

IT IS EVANS FAULT AND NEEDS TO PAY HIM OFF.

It's really not difficult.

Although mick would hope evans wouldnt hold clubs to compensation if they came in for him now?

Waka waka eh eh

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:50 - Apr 8 with 2221 viewsSuperfrans

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:40 - Apr 8 by StowTractorBoy

The Club have made this ridiculous decision to keep MM on when there is absolutely no point. I do not condone the behaviour of the minority but when a supposed professional Manager with loads of experience and receiving a salary probably most of us do not get near yet abuses his own fans, is frankly disgraceful. Telling us to ---- off at the Norwich game when we should have been enjoying the moment was unforgivable whatever the circumstances and then tell some of us we are numskulls should have been the end for this stubborn man. Have been a fan of McCarthy up until recently but he has let himself down and he should do the honourable thing and walk away now. I accept he has taken abuse but he should rise above it after all he should be used to it after managing Sunderland and Wolves particularly the latter where he faced a similar scenario. Until us fans know who the new Manager is does the Club really think that some fans will renew their season tickets ? The whole Club is in a real mess and the owner must take action now to pacify the heart of the Club - its supporters.

I agree that he’d have been better to keep his thoughts about some of the fans to himself.

But he wasn’t “telling us to **** off at Norwich” - unless you’re one of the fans who put their ignorance into song by singing “your football is sh**”” when he made a like for like substitution (full-back for full-back) because of an injury.

The club/Mick arent helping on 13:01 - Apr 8 with 2200 viewsWonky

The club/Mick arent helping on 12:21 - Apr 8 by PJH

Agreed, McCarthy hasn't helped but can't see this as a good period, applauding the opposition, cheering when they score.

Yeah great.
The club/Mick arent helping on 13:09 - Apr 8 with 2192 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The club/Mick arent helping on 11:55 - Apr 8 by Bluebell

I think you need to ask Marcus Evans that question.

Nobody on here will know the correct answer.

He doesn’t care BB.

Evans Out.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024