Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC have missed a trick 14:39 - Mar 26 with 1782 viewsFinidiCentenary

Rochdale a year ago:

'This year, Rochdale AFC will have been established for 110 years - formed on 15th May 1907 - and to celebrate, we are offering fans an unbelievable opportunity to purchase a 2017/18 season ticket for potentially only £110!

The £110 offer is based on achieving 4,000 season ticket sales and the final price will depend on the number of season ticket deposits sold:

Over 2,000 season ticket sales - £250
Over 2,500 season ticket sales - £200
Over 3,000 season ticket sales - £150
Over 4,000 season ticket sales - £110

Can you imagine if ITFC had confirmed a minimum 10% discount to all supporters and then followed a model like this?

They could confirm that by April 30 everybody needs to confirm which seat they want, in which stand and then pay a £50 deposit.

They could then confirm a few weeks later how many ST's were sold and adjust the prices so that if we had 10,000 ticket holders (or whatever the figure was last season) the price remains as advertised, but if we get 11,000 then the price will be adjusted (£381 to £346) and so on, so that if we sold 15,000 the original price would only be 66% of what it was. If we sold 20,000 then the price would be 50% of what it was

This way the club gets the EXACT same amount of ST revenue, but your £381 season ticket would cost £254 if the club sold 15,000 or £190 if the club sold 20,000.

Seems a no brainer (especially if the club didn't make the reduction so dramatic and covered the policing / staff costs for higher crowds).

It would have cost the club no extra money but could potentially have led to fans coming together to drive down the cost for everyone.

The final ticket prices are finalised and the club takes the remaining sum in a lump payment or over the remaining 11 months by DD.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

ITFC have missed a trick on 15:02 - Mar 26 with 1702 viewsCurrie10

Sounds good in theory, however in reality if I was going to buy a season ticket I don't think this would really effect my judgement massively.

Sure, I'd be delighted if more bought and lowered the cost for me - however I'd commit either way if in the position to buy so I donno.

I think extending the early bird certainly appears a no brainer.
ITFC have missed a trick on 15:26 - Mar 26 with 1659 viewsParisBlue

Walsall have Under-18 season tickets for £69.

For each game you attend you'll be refunded £3.

So effectively free.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

ITFC have missed a trick on 15:28 - Mar 26 with 1643 viewsFinidiCentenary

ITFC have missed a trick on 15:26 - Mar 26 by ParisBlue

So effectively free.

If you're actually being serious, given that 12 men and their dogs turn up for our Under 18's, I can't see anyone parting with almost £70 to watch Walsall's kids. I assume that's a joke I'm about to be whooshed for.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

ITFC have missed a trick on 15:35 - Mar 26 with 1619 viewsITFC_Forever

ITFC have missed a trick on 15:26 - Mar 26 by ParisBlue

So effectively free.

Same as us then? (although ours maybe for a younger age group).

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

ITFC have missed a trick on 15:53 - Mar 26 with 1568 viewsfooters

ITFC have missed a trick on 15:28 - Mar 26 by FinidiCentenary

If you're actually being serious, given that 12 men and their dogs turn up for our Under 18's, I can't see anyone parting with almost £70 to watch Walsall's kids. I assume that's a joke I'm about to be whooshed for.

I assume he means first-team tickets for U18s.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

ITFC have missed a trick on 16:11 - Mar 26 with 1519 viewsFinidiCentenary

ITFC have missed a trick on 15:53 - Mar 26 by footers

I assume he means first-team tickets for U18s.

I got what he meant lol.

I claimed to be whooshed with a joke as it wasn't clear from his wording but in hindsight made myself look like I seriously thought Walsall did tickets to watch their kids, not tickets for their kids to watch the first team!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024