Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managerial stats .....( win rates) 08:37 - Mar 26 with 2757 viewsArnieM

McClaren. 23% never at many of his clubs for more than a year ( Boro apart)
McCarthy 33% . 78 wins at Town, bettered only by his time at Wolves

Mowbray. 52% currently at Blackburn...but his win % has increased with each managerial post, AND plays attractive / attacking football.

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/tony-mowbray/

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 08:54 - Mar 26 with 2701 viewsBloomBlue

Are you sure? I remember Bent saying when McLaren left Derby first time he was surprised given McLaren had a 50% win rate at Derby
Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 08:58 - Mar 26 with 2693 viewsSwansea_Blue

Predictably the sort of manager a lot of us were expecting ME to be linked with too. If we get McLaren who knows how it will work out (history suggests it could be a struggle, but give the bloke a chance and all that). But this is exactly the unimaginative, manager merrygoround type of appointment you just know that ME would make. He's not able to do anything else: as far as we're concerned he lacks vision, ambition, drive and a footballing brain, sadly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 09:01 - Mar 26 with 2682 viewsJ4ck22

According to Wikipedia, McClaren's overall win rate is 44.9%. Not sure where you're getting 23% from.
Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 09:05 - Mar 26 with 2674 viewsLord_Lucan

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 08:54 - Mar 26 by BloomBlue

Are you sure? I remember Bent saying when McLaren left Derby first time he was surprised given McLaren had a 50% win rate at Derby

McClaren has been up to 62.9%, England was 50% and he has an average of 44%. Mogga has an average of 42% and Mick Mack is on 38%.

It was a selective post, not sure what he was trying to achieve.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 09:11 - Mar 26 with 2652 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 09:01 - Mar 26 by J4ck22

According to Wikipedia, McClaren's overall win rate is 44.9%. Not sure where you're getting 23% from.

I would imagine that those figures were chosen carefully based upon the point the OP was trying to make as Shteve would be well above 23% in pretty much every spell he's had (except for perhaps his spell at Newcastle) and sure his last spell at Derby was closer to 50%

Anything above 30% is pretty decent going really and not so sure isolating Mowbray's current season gives a fair comparison of the three. You'd need to compare apples with apples which those figures just don't.
Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 09:15 - Mar 26 with 2639 viewsJ2BLUE

Points per game > win percentage

I know with the cups and internationals it isn’t perfect but still a more accurate reflection than win percentage IMO

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 11:28 - Mar 26 with 2526 viewsArnieM

I’ve only gone from the website stats as posted in my op. Nothing devious or calculating intended whatsoever on my part. The stats/ figs ain’t quoted came from that website.

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 12:12 - Mar 26 with 2481 viewsLord_Lucan

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 11:28 - Mar 26 by ArnieM

I’ve only gone from the website stats as posted in my op. Nothing devious or calculating intended whatsoever on my part. The stats/ figs ain’t quoted came from that website.

Have you edited your post? It’s still bollox anyway, you have selected McClaren at his lowest ebb and Mowbray at his highest.

Hardly balanced is it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 12:14 - Mar 26 with 2474 viewshype313

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 09:11 - Mar 26 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I would imagine that those figures were chosen carefully based upon the point the OP was trying to make as Shteve would be well above 23% in pretty much every spell he's had (except for perhaps his spell at Newcastle) and sure his last spell at Derby was closer to 50%

Anything above 30% is pretty decent going really and not so sure isolating Mowbray's current season gives a fair comparison of the three. You'd need to compare apples with apples which those figures just don't.

Shteve still makes me chuckle.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 13:54 - Mar 26 with 2352 viewsVaughan8

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 11:28 - Mar 26 by ArnieM

If those figures are straight from that website, it says Mick has had 97 wins with us?

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/mick-mccarthy/

Here are McClaren's and Mowbrays

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/steve-mcclaren/
http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/tony-mowbray/
Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 14:12 - Mar 26 with 2335 viewsitfcjoe

Mowbray's haven't increased with each post either

Hibs - 48%
WBA - 41%
Celtic - 51%
Boro - 40%
Coventry - 35%
Blackburn - 52%

McLaren's is 45.4% overall

Mowbray overall is 42.8%

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 16:22 - Mar 26 with 2259 viewsArnieM

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 12:12 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Have you edited your post? It’s still bollox anyway, you have selected McClaren at his lowest ebb and Mowbray at his highest.

Hardly balanced is it?

You clearly did not read my last post did you!

I said I got the stats from the web page ( link provided).

All I did was search the respective managers names ie McCarthy, then McClaren, then Mowbray.

IVE not manipulated any stats or figures , but merely copied from that web site, the results
, which according to that site ( NOT ME), the managers career stats.

So if you have an issue with these stats perhaps you should take it up with the website owners.

Now, is THAT clear enough for you?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2018 16:24]

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 16:30 - Mar 26 with 2240 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 16:22 - Mar 26 by ArnieM

All I did was search the respective managers names ie McCarthy, then McClaren, then Mowbray.

IVE not manipulated any stats or figures , but merely copied from that web site, the results

So if you have an issue with these stats perhaps you should take it up with the website owners.

You quoted the stats wrongly. That website doesn't give an overall win % just one for each club managed.

McClaren had 23% at Forest alright, but, his overall (inc England) is 45.4%

Mobray is 42.7%

Mick is 38.7%
[Post edited 26 Mar 2018 16:37]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 16:31 - Mar 26 with 2238 viewsLord_Lucan

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 16:22 - Mar 26 by ArnieM

Not really. You must have misread it or pressed the wrong button.

Post an image of these stats that you refer to.

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 16:33 - Mar 26 with 2234 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 16:31 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Not really. You must have misread it or pressed the wrong button.

Post an image of these stats that you refer to.

They're here, but see my previous post.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 16:40 - Mar 26 with 2217 viewsLord_Lucan

Managerial stats .....( win rates) on 16:33 - Mar 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

They're here, but see my previous post.

Yeah I saw those and your post but I assumed that the original poster was seeing different stats - bearing in mind the ones I saw - and the ones you linked to seem pretty obvious reading.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024