Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina 19:37 - Feb 12 with 6219 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

He absolutely 100% definitely completely utterly undeniably must start on Sunday.

A moment of magic from him is probably our best chance.

4-3-3 for me if everyone is fit that’s expected to be (assuming Didzy ain’t back)

Bart
Spence Chambo Carter-Vickers Knudsen
Skuse Ward Connolly
Waggy Garner Celina

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Celina on 19:41 - Feb 12 with 4713 viewsBluefish

He will never get picked by Mick. He will leave on Jan 1st

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Celina on 19:43 - Feb 12 with 4694 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bart
Knudsen Knudsen Knudsen Knudsen
Knudsen Knudsen
Knudsen
Knudsen Knudsen Knudsen

.....for one game only!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Celina on 19:44 - Feb 12 with 4705 viewsWeirdFishes

I think it'll be 433, I'm sure I remember him saying that's the formation he'd use going up against a 532.

Think he'll go Gleeson over Ward.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Celina on 19:50 - Feb 12 with 4673 viewshorsehollerer

Celina on 19:43 - Feb 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Bart
Knudsen Knudsen Knudsen Knudsen
Knudsen Knudsen
Knudsen
Knudsen Knudsen Knudsen

.....for one game only!

I'd be tempted to go 442 with Berra in goal, two banks of Knudsens, then Mathie and Haynes up front. Ullathorne and Megson on the bench if we need a late winner
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 19:51]

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Celina on 20:36 - Feb 12 with 4556 viewsCoco

Nah Sears to put a shift in

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Celina on 08:17 - Feb 13 with 4320 viewsJimmy86

Did Carayol do enough to earn a start in the derby? He's always scored from range and like Celina is capable of creating a bit of magic. He's scored some worldies has Muzzy
Celina on 08:40 - Feb 13 with 4280 viewstextbackup

Smart money goes on Garner getting booked, possibly even sent off.
He’s going to spent most of the game watching balls sail to their 3 CBs heads, and all he’ll do is jump into them.
Not gonna be pretty

But agree, Celina has to play

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Celina on 08:54 - Feb 13 with 4251 viewsIpswichKnight

Celina on 08:40 - Feb 13 by textbackup

Smart money goes on Garner getting booked, possibly even sent off.
He’s going to spent most of the game watching balls sail to their 3 CBs heads, and all he’ll do is jump into them.
Not gonna be pretty

But agree, Celina has to play

Can almost guarentee Sears will start over Celina. It will be close as possible to the team that started at Sunderland.
Login to get fewer ads

Celina on 09:03 - Feb 13 with 4239 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes and no.

I'd like Celina to play but I think Mick has more patience with him than I do. For a significant proportion of games he looks more a danger to us with the ball than the opposition. I guess that's Mick letting him try things and losing the ball but for me it highlights our lack of real midfielders and joined-up play.

For Norwich I'd be tempted to sacrifice an attacker for Gleeson or Hyam so we don't get swamped in the middle. But who do we leave out and does that mean we need to play wingbacks to get any width?

Pronouns: He/Him

on 09:07 - Feb 13 with 4219 views_

Celina on 09:10 - Feb 13 with 4209 viewsPJH

Celina on 08:54 - Feb 13 by IpswichKnight

Can almost guarentee Sears will start over Celina. It will be close as possible to the team that started at Sunderland.

and logically there is no reason why it should not be.
That team worked well as a team and got a result which is what we want on Sunday.

MM picked a team for the occasion at Sunderland and it worked so why not see if it works again?
Celina on 09:11 - Feb 13 with 4209 viewsitfcjoe

We might even have the players for 352 now - try and stifle them and hope Celina does more than Maddison in the free role

---------------------------------Bialkowski------------------------------
----------Carter-Vickers-----Chambers----Webster---------------
Spence--------------------------------------------------------Knudsen
-------------------Skuse-----------------Connolly------------------------
-------------------------------Celina---------------------------------------
-------------------Garner---------------Waghorn---------------------

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 09:12 - Feb 13 with 4203 views_

Celina on 09:11 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

We might even have the players for 352 now - try and stifle them and hope Celina does more than Maddison in the free role

Celina on 09:20 - Feb 13 with 4190 viewsCurrie10

on 09:07 - Feb 13 by _

If we play 4-4-2 away at Norwich, they'll absolutely boss us CM and the game will be lost.

To me, 3 in CM is an absolute must. Skuse/Connolly will start, and I think Gleeson deserves a chance inplace of Hyam or Ward.

In theory, this would allow us to play Celina much higher up / let him float / try things. That said, if Sears/ Waghorn / Garner play at least you can guarantee the workrate from the 6 would be high so perhaps that will be how he'll go.

IF Sears plays / is a nuisance then fine.
on 09:23 - Feb 13 with 4177 views_

Celina on 09:20 - Feb 13 by Currie10

If we play 4-4-2 away at Norwich, they'll absolutely boss us CM and the game will be lost.

To me, 3 in CM is an absolute must. Skuse/Connolly will start, and I think Gleeson deserves a chance inplace of Hyam or Ward.

In theory, this would allow us to play Celina much higher up / let him float / try things. That said, if Sears/ Waghorn / Garner play at least you can guarantee the workrate from the 6 would be high so perhaps that will be how he'll go.

IF Sears plays / is a nuisance then fine.

Celina on 09:27 - Feb 13 with 4165 viewsReuser_is_God

Celina on 09:11 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

That’s what I’d go with & hope that Spence has one of those out of the blue brilliant games he’s capable of.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Celina on 09:29 - Feb 13 with 4160 viewschicoazul

I just do not see the point in playing CCV in particular at the moment when we have Webster, a good young player who we happen to own, rotting on the bench. I feel similarly with Celina and Grant Ward although I appreciate they do not really play the same position. Connolly I think is a bit different as we don't really have an alternative to him.
I understand the need to keep the parent clubs happy but Celina in particular has had a good season already and CCV has done well at Sheff Utd. We aren't going up and we arent going down so let's focus on our own guys for the last few games.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Celina on 09:32 - Feb 13 with 4153 viewsitfcjoe

Celina on 09:29 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

I just do not see the point in playing CCV in particular at the moment when we have Webster, a good young player who we happen to own, rotting on the bench. I feel similarly with Celina and Grant Ward although I appreciate they do not really play the same position. Connolly I think is a bit different as we don't really have an alternative to him.
I understand the need to keep the parent clubs happy but Celina in particular has had a good season already and CCV has done well at Sheff Utd. We aren't going up and we arent going down so let's focus on our own guys for the last few games.

I think it is worth making sure Webster gets as close to 100% before he comes back into the team, I worry that the recurring injuries some have suffered have been rushed come backs.

Whilst I agree we aren't going up or down, it's also important to protect players

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 09:33 - Feb 13 with 4151 views_

Celina on 09:29 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

Celina on 09:37 - Feb 13 with 4141 viewschicoazul

Celina on 09:32 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

I think it is worth making sure Webster gets as close to 100% before he comes back into the team, I worry that the recurring injuries some have suffered have been rushed come backs.

Whilst I agree we aren't going up or down, it's also important to protect players

Surely if he is fit enough to be on the bench and potentially play 89 minutes he is fit enough for to start for 90?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Celina on 09:38 - Feb 13 with 4138 viewschicoazul

on 09:33 - Feb 13 by _

aha thought it was fewer than that
my point stands though!

on 09:45 - Feb 13 with 4124 views_

Celina on 09:38 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

aha thought it was fewer than that
my point stands though!

Celina on 10:00 - Feb 13 with 4108 viewschicoazul

on 09:45 - Feb 13 by _

Cannot agree that CCV is better than Webster although I have only seen him once. As I said above if Webs is fit for the bench then he is fit to start.

on 10:14 - Feb 13 with 4076 views_

Celina on 10:00 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

Cannot agree that CCV is better than Webster although I have only seen him once. As I said above if Webs is fit for the bench then he is fit to start.

Celina on 10:16 - Feb 13 with 4069 viewschicoazul

on 10:14 - Feb 13 by _

Didnt say you did did I, but Mick clearly thinks so.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024