Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina 19:37 - Feb 12 with 6232 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

He absolutely 100% definitely completely utterly undeniably must start on Sunday.

A moment of magic from him is probably our best chance.

4-3-3 for me if everyone is fit that’s expected to be (assuming Didzy ain’t back)

Bart
Spence Chambo Carter-Vickers Knudsen
Skuse Ward Connolly
Waggy Garner Celina

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

on 10:17 - Feb 13 with 1492 views_

Celina on 10:16 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

Didnt say you did did I, but Mick clearly thinks so.

Celina on 10:18 - Feb 13 with 1492 viewsJimmyJazz

Celina on 09:29 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

I just do not see the point in playing CCV in particular at the moment when we have Webster, a good young player who we happen to own, rotting on the bench. I feel similarly with Celina and Grant Ward although I appreciate they do not really play the same position. Connolly I think is a bit different as we don't really have an alternative to him.
I understand the need to keep the parent clubs happy but Celina in particular has had a good season already and CCV has done well at Sheff Utd. We aren't going up and we arent going down so let's focus on our own guys for the last few games.

Question is, is there any possibility we could make a permanent signing of any of theses loans? Celina is very doubtful, but Connolly and CCV maybe. I don't see Spurs giving a Centre Back spot to a rookie anytime soon.

If we may have a chance of keeping them, then there is value in playing them so that they want to stay

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Celina on 10:19 - Feb 13 with 1489 viewschicoazul

on 10:17 - Feb 13 by _

On the fact that he is playing CCV ahead of him. I expected CCV to come in and replace Tommy Smith as reserve defender. If Webster is on the bench he must be fit to start.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Celina on 10:20 - Feb 13 with 1486 viewschicoazul

Celina on 10:18 - Feb 13 by JimmyJazz

Question is, is there any possibility we could make a permanent signing of any of theses loans? Celina is very doubtful, but Connolly and CCV maybe. I don't see Spurs giving a Centre Back spot to a rookie anytime soon.

If we may have a chance of keeping them, then there is value in playing them so that they want to stay

No idea. I suppose it's possible but I would also imagine either of them would cost more than we have spent on players since 2012.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

on 10:22 - Feb 13 with 1481 views_

Celina on 10:19 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

On the fact that he is playing CCV ahead of him. I expected CCV to come in and replace Tommy Smith as reserve defender. If Webster is on the bench he must be fit to start.

Celina on 10:22 - Feb 13 with 1481 viewsJimmyJazz

Celina on 10:20 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

No idea. I suppose it's possible but I would also imagine either of them would cost more than we have spent on players since 2012.

Wouldn't have thought either Connolly or CCV would command more than 1 mil. Celina yes, because he's a flair player and stands out in the way Lawrence did last year

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Celina on 10:25 - Feb 13 with 1477 viewschicoazul

Celina on 10:22 - Feb 13 by JimmyJazz

Wouldn't have thought either Connolly or CCV would command more than 1 mil. Celina yes, because he's a flair player and stands out in the way Lawrence did last year

Mate by the end of the season both those guys will have 30-odd games under their belt and are tied up on contracts at biog clubs. No chance of anything less than 3m I would have thought.

on 10:25 - Feb 13 with 1476 views_

Celina on 10:22 - Feb 13 by JimmyJazz

Login to get fewer ads

Celina on 11:12 - Feb 13 with 1448 viewsitfcjoe

Celina on 09:37 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

Surely if he is fit enough to be on the bench and potentially play 89 minutes he is fit enough for to start for 90?

To an extent - but it may be that he is (using arbitrary measures) 85% fit and capable of getting through a game if needed, but the ideal scenario is to rest him until he gets 95% fit.

But that is balanced against his ability compared to others - CCV is deemed worthy of replacing him at current fitness levels, but if CCV wasn't fit then Webster at an injury risk is a better bet than Iorfa in the middle.

All purely hypothetical of course, but I think Webster is seen as the next big star here that can be sold so Mick will be managing him with that in mind - another injury won't help

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Celina on 14:06 - Feb 13 with 1411 viewsHerbivore

on 10:25 - Feb 13 by _

It's a shame we've not been able to give Connolly a go at right back really, he looks more comfortable on the ball and more able to read the game than our current options. I like Spence generally but he's been rather inconsistent and perhaps Connolly would have been given a go there if not for our injuries in midfield. I agree that I think Connolly could be in our bracket but not sure we need him if he's primarily going to be a CM.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

on 14:07 - Feb 13 with 1410 views_

Celina on 14:06 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

It's a shame we've not been able to give Connolly a go at right back really, he looks more comfortable on the ball and more able to read the game than our current options. I like Spence generally but he's been rather inconsistent and perhaps Connolly would have been given a go there if not for our injuries in midfield. I agree that I think Connolly could be in our bracket but not sure we need him if he's primarily going to be a CM.

Celina on 14:15 - Feb 13 with 1399 viewsHerbivore

on 14:07 - Feb 13 by _

On his good days, I agree. This season he's had a fair few off days though where his positioning has been hopeless and his use of the ball terrible. Burton was one of those days.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Celina on 14:36 - Feb 13 with 1390 viewsgeorgeitfc

Bart

Spence
Chambo
Carter-Vickers
Knudsen

Connolly
Skuse

Waghorn
Didz (if fit)
Celina

Garner

BIG TC
Poll: Mick...

Celina on 14:55 - Feb 13 with 1378 viewschicoazul

on 14:07 - Feb 13 by _

Spence cannot pass the ball. He does the hard stuff well and the simple stuff badly.

Celina on 14:55 - Feb 13 with 1376 viewschicoazul

on 10:22 - Feb 13 by _

Maybe, maybe. Let's hope you're right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024