Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sears has to go. 22:21 - Dec 23 with 5977 viewshampstead_blue

He adds nothing. Never really has.
Let him go and get a decent front player to replace him.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Sears has to go. on 22:55 - Dec 23 with 5915 viewsPilgrimblue

Maybe swap him for Sammy S down the road that would be good business.
Sears has to go. on 22:56 - Dec 23 with 5906 viewsMaySixth

"Never really has"

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Sears has to go. on 23:54 - Dec 23 with 5828 viewsclive_baker

He’s so so average. Not a championship footballer, certainly not a top 6 championship footballer. Sack him off.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sears has to go. on 00:01 - Dec 24 with 5812 viewsblustutu

When he first got here he did a good job, he's faded since then probably not his own fault with being played wide. He looks a shadow of that player but I don't doubt his commitment.
Sears has to go. on 05:05 - Dec 24 with 5679 viewsharlingblue

I'm afraid Freddy offers nothing from the bench, and must make way for Moore or hungry youngsters from the U23 team.
Sears has to go. on 07:27 - Dec 24 with 5619 viewsblue75

I feel he should be allowed to leave no because he isn’t good enough far from it, he’s been played in the left wing so long it’s effected his confidence. He needed to be played down the middle with another striker that’s when he’s at his best.

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Sears has to go. on 07:37 - Dec 24 with 5606 viewspowinswitch

Sears has to go. on 07:27 - Dec 24 by blue75

I feel he should be allowed to leave no because he isn’t good enough far from it, he’s been played in the left wing so long it’s effected his confidence. He needed to be played down the middle with another striker that’s when he’s at his best.

Another’s example of an over coached player who has lost confidence. Does exactly wha5 he is told to do, but then afraid to try anything where he might lose the ball, especially if it might lead to the opposition threatening us. Reasonably decent player, but has lost it with us.
Sears has to go. on 08:34 - Dec 24 with 5493 viewsTractorWood

Sears has to go. on 07:37 - Dec 24 by powinswitch

Another’s example of an over coached player who has lost confidence. Does exactly wha5 he is told to do, but then afraid to try anything where he might lose the ball, especially if it might lead to the opposition threatening us. Reasonably decent player, but has lost it with us.

Looks a shadow of himself. He's been used incorrectly.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Sears has to go. on 08:50 - Dec 24 with 5456 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sears has to go. on 08:34 - Dec 24 by TractorWood

Looks a shadow of himself. He's been used incorrectly.

I agree.

His confidence has been shattered due to being played on the wing. The fall of Freddie Sears is one of the few things I will blame on Mick.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Sears has to go. on 08:58 - Dec 24 with 5440 viewsBluebell

Sears has to go. on 08:50 - Dec 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I agree.

His confidence has been shattered due to being played on the wing. The fall of Freddie Sears is one of the few things I will blame on Mick.

I agree and I also don't think it helps just getting a few minutes off the bench. He will never get a full game while we have Waggy, Garner, Didzy and Celina ahead of him in the pecking order.

He is beginning to look like a League 1 player. Probably (like Pitman and Moore) he would start scoring goals if he was playing in a lower league.

Not sure how long his contract is but maybe that is an option in the January window.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 9:06]
Sears has to go. on 09:04 - Dec 24 with 5420 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Sears has to go. on 08:58 - Dec 24 by Bluebell

I agree and I also don't think it helps just getting a few minutes off the bench. He will never get a full game while we have Waggy, Garner, Didzy and Celina ahead of him in the pecking order.

He is beginning to look like a League 1 player. Probably (like Pitman and Moore) he would start scoring goals if he was playing in a lower league.

Not sure how long his contract is but maybe that is an option in the January window.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 9:06]

If we got a 300-400K bid for Moore from Rotherham I reckon we'd reject it.
If we got a 300-400K bid for Sears from Rotherham I reckon we'd snap it up.

Player desperately in need of a fresh start. His confidence is rock bottom. Used to enjoy his pace. He still has that pace but now loses control of the ball so pace means nothing. As an impact sub, offers nothing.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Sears has to go. on 09:37 - Dec 24 with 5352 viewsCurrie10

Assume you didn't watch 14/15 second half, and first half of 15/16 when he quite clearly DID add something.

However, regarding the present yes he needs to go.

Moore would have been very handy last 20 yesterday in my opinion.
Sears has to go. on 09:43 - Dec 24 with 5344 viewsTIB

Sears has been a good servant to the club but needs a fresh start somewhere else. Moore back, Sears out and bring in a wide midfielder from L1 or L2 to take on that roll of impact player from the bench. I seem to remember Josh Morris being linked with us last season, his form has continued this season.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Sears has to go. on 10:05 - Dec 24 with 5303 viewsJimmy86

I agree.

Mick has def ruined Sears playing him out wide. Like Chambo at right back, he did a job there for the team as he is selfless, but Sears was at his best when playing alongside Murphy and on the last shoulder of the defence, with his pace.
Sears has to go. on 11:19 - Dec 24 with 5220 viewsfergalsharkey

i agree with you completely.

He just isnt good enough but thats what you get for throupence.

Poll: Cook out?

Sears has to go. on 11:21 - Dec 24 with 5214 viewsAce_High1

Sears has to go. on 11:19 - Dec 24 by fergalsharkey

i agree with you completely.

He just isnt good enough but thats what you get for throupence.

He needs to go, that much that you could even offer to drive him there on your Ped?
Sears has to go. on 11:28 - Dec 24 with 5205 viewsfergalsharkey

Sears has to go. on 11:21 - Dec 24 by Ace_High1

He needs to go, that much that you could even offer to drive him there on your Ped?

i would but as i said any night time riding is dodgy as the lights are on the blink, i know he lives in coggeshall so maybe i could run him down to orient or southend in daylight.

what could we get for him 300k?

Poll: Cook out?

Sears has to go. on 12:00 - Dec 24 with 5179 viewsTIB

Sears has to go. on 11:28 - Dec 24 by fergalsharkey

i would but as i said any night time riding is dodgy as the lights are on the blink, i know he lives in coggeshall so maybe i could run him down to orient or southend in daylight.

what could we get for him 300k?

He's contracted until 2019 so imagine something around £300k-£500k.

Sears has to go. on 12:15 - Dec 24 with 5163 viewsstrikalite

Sears has to go. on 12:00 - Dec 24 by TIB

Yeah sell him, you have to keep trying to improve to move forward and he sadly isn't good enough, don't actually think he's that great in front of goal...
Sears has to go. on 12:24 - Dec 24 with 5149 viewsTIB

Sears has to go. on 12:15 - Dec 24 by strikalite

Yeah sell him, you have to keep trying to improve to move forward and he sadly isn't good enough, don't actually think he's that great in front of goal...

I think he’d do a job in L1 and L2 but playing him out wide in Championship is not working for either him or the club.

Sears has to go. on 13:36 - Dec 24 with 5100 viewsstrikalite

Sears has to go. on 12:24 - Dec 24 by TIB

I think he’d do a job in L1 and L2 but playing him out wide in Championship is not working for either him or the club.

No doubting his touch and close control is good, you do notice when he comes on that Sears is comfortable on the ball and always wants it because of this, but agree through the middle for a L1 side he'd do well, I watch Peterboro sometimes and know he'd do well at that L1 level I'm sure of that..
Sears has to go. on 13:38 - Dec 24 with 5100 viewsPilgrimblue

Sears has to go. on 12:00 - Dec 24 by TIB

Just goes to show how highly rated he was to give him contract that long. Coming on lately in midfield isn't doing him any favours as he looks lost.

He should be loaned or sold in January so that one of our youngsters gets a chance from the bench plus of course we have Moore back.
Sears has to go. on 14:12 - Dec 24 with 5070 viewshorsehollerer

I agree.

I know a lot of Town fans will agree with you because I see the same view posted on here by others nearly every day, but I think it's complete nonsense to suggest that Mick ruined Sears. Did Mick ruin Waghorn by playing him on the right of midfield earlier this season? Was Knudsen's confidence destroyed when he had to fill in at centre back. How's Connolly doing out of position at the moment? The reason Sears is not doing that good is because he's not that good. We got him from League One FFS! He had a great couple of months but that was it. He wasn't a lot of good before, and hasn't been a lot of good since. Lovely bloke, but...
Also, would you blame your poor performance at work on something your boss had asked you to do two years ago? No, this whole thing i's ridiculous to me.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Sears has to go. on 15:38 - Dec 24 with 5010 viewsChocorange

Sears has to go. on 14:12 - Dec 24 by horsehollerer

I know a lot of Town fans will agree with you because I see the same view posted on here by others nearly every day, but I think it's complete nonsense to suggest that Mick ruined Sears. Did Mick ruin Waghorn by playing him on the right of midfield earlier this season? Was Knudsen's confidence destroyed when he had to fill in at centre back. How's Connolly doing out of position at the moment? The reason Sears is not doing that good is because he's not that good. We got him from League One FFS! He had a great couple of months but that was it. He wasn't a lot of good before, and hasn't been a lot of good since. Lovely bloke, but...
Also, would you blame your poor performance at work on something your boss had asked you to do two years ago? No, this whole thing i's ridiculous to me.

Has to go, hasn't been good enough for nearly two seasons.
Offers little no goal threat , even his defensive closing down and giving the ball away vs Sheffield weds in the last minute has been poor.

Can see no reason to bring him on, he has done so little why not give Morris or Folani a few minutes at the end of the game.
Morris did great at Palace and set up Celiba's goal.. Folani looks like he could hold the ball up well for others to join him.

It isn't Micjs fault He's just not good enough.
He's played enough games in the middle recently and done the square root of nothing.
Sears has to go. on 19:03 - Dec 24 with 4910 viewsjas0999

Been decent for us in the past ... but that was quite some time ago. Been very average since, not helped by the manager playing him out of position.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he moves on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024