Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Sherwood Next Manager? 12:13 - Dec 1 with 8180 viewsshoopdelang

Forgot all about this guy to be honest. Done well at spurs, got villa to an fa cup final.

Thoughts ?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 12:14]
Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:14 - Dec 1 with 4140 viewsTLA

I listened to him speak on TalkSport in the week and I thought he might be as good as we can get, given that he's not with a club and we'll look for the cheapest options.

He has a football philosophy that many of our fans want and a bit of experience at a higher level.

If we interviewed him and Nigel Clough, I wound't be gutted. I'm not sure either would take us to greater heights that MM has but we're pretty much in agreement that it's time for a change.
Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:16 - Dec 1 with 4136 viewssoupytwist

My standard response to people promoting Sherwood as manager is to suggest they read the excellent assessment of his pros and cons on the QPR fansite Loft for Words.

It's here about one third of the way down the page -

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/44262/runners-and-
Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:27 - Dec 1 with 4117 viewssoupytwist

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 12:56 - Dec 1 by shoopdelang

I would like him here. If he doesn't get the Rangers job.

Doubt he's on the Rangers shortlist after this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42075928
Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:33 - Dec 1 with 4102 viewsPJH

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:13 - Dec 1 by GeoffSentence

Doesn't knowing that he drinks pints of wine make you actually dislike him?

I like people who drink pints but possibly not pints of wine.
Do you just need one more member for your "Hate Big Sam" club to get a badge or something?
Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:39 - Dec 1 with 4087 viewsITFC_Forever

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:33 - Dec 1 by PJH

Do you just need one more member for your "Hate Big Sam" club to get a badge or something?

Where do I sign? Can I apply to be on the committee?

Odious w*nker. (Sam, not you PJH).

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:40 - Dec 1 with 4086 viewsGeoffSentence

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:33 - Dec 1 by PJH

I was just surprised to discover that there was not just one, but two people who aren't fully paid up members of the club. Just trying to ring you back to the lightside.

How about him having a pop at Prince William, I mean Prince William FFS, national treasure and former whirlybird ambulance driver? Surely that's enough to make you despise him.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:44 - Dec 1 with 4072 viewsPJH

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:40 - Dec 1 by GeoffSentence

I was just surprised to discover that there was not just one, but two people who aren't fully paid up members of the club. Just trying to ring you back to the lightside.

How about him having a pop at Prince William, I mean Prince William FFS, national treasure and former whirlybird ambulance driver? Surely that's enough to make you despise him.

Afraid the only thing that Prince William means to me is that my best mate of about 40 years died suddenly on his (William's) wedding day.

I will try to hate Big Sam if you really want me to.
Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:47 - Dec 1 with 4066 viewsGeoffSentence

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 13:44 - Dec 1 by PJH

Afraid the only thing that Prince William means to me is that my best mate of about 40 years died suddenly on his (William's) wedding day.

I will try to hate Big Sam if you really want me to.

It's the decent thing to do.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 14:14 - Dec 1 with 4018 viewsDarkHorse

Did well at Spurs? Four-goal defeats to Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool, and finished sixth in the league table, three points behind Everton and ten behind Arsenal. Yeah, triffic.

Ask any Villa fan and they'll tell you he was an absolute joke of a manager. Benteke, Delph & Grealish kept them up and got them to the final - when the former 2 left, it all went to pot very quickly.

And then there's his stint at Swindon

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 14:41 - Dec 1 with 3992 viewsitfcjoe

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 14:14 - Dec 1 by DarkHorse

Did well at Spurs? Four-goal defeats to Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool, and finished sixth in the league table, three points behind Everton and ten behind Arsenal. Yeah, triffic.

Ask any Villa fan and they'll tell you he was an absolute joke of a manager. Benteke, Delph & Grealish kept them up and got them to the final - when the former 2 left, it all went to pot very quickly.

And then there's his stint at Swindon

He came in when Spurs were lower than that though.

Also with VIlla, he got a tune out of Grealish who has done nothing before or since and had them playing well - if you lose your best 2 players and replace them with players with little PL experience from a joke of a transfer committee it makes it difficult for the manager - no wonder he struggled as Delph and Benteke were so important.

I'm not saying he's a great manager, and don't think he'd be right here but some of your criticisms seem way OTT and one-eyed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 15:04 - Dec 1 with 3973 viewsDarkHorse

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 14:41 - Dec 1 by itfcjoe

He came in when Spurs were lower than that though.

Also with VIlla, he got a tune out of Grealish who has done nothing before or since and had them playing well - if you lose your best 2 players and replace them with players with little PL experience from a joke of a transfer committee it makes it difficult for the manager - no wonder he struggled as Delph and Benteke were so important.

I'm not saying he's a great manager, and don't think he'd be right here but some of your criticisms seem way OTT and one-eyed

Spurs were 7th when he took over, 1 point off 6th. If moving up 1 place but falling much further behind points-wise, whilst clashing with several players and fans, is your idea of doing well, then Tim's your man.

My criticisms are underplaying it if anything. The man is an absolute joke.
Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 15:13 - Dec 1 with 3963 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 15:14 - Dec 1 with 3962 viewshype313

There's a reason why you forgot about him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 18:41 - Dec 1 with 3918 viewsstonojnr

He's one of those ex player managers who I've never worked out how he gets managerial jobs again and again as he seemingly never displays any talent to do the job,he just gets a good press & wears a body warmer as a fashion statement.As much as I dislike fat Sam & Redknapp they can at least point to things they've accomplished, Sherwood I'd dislike him even if hadn't played for Norwich, or Blackburn.
Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 19:32 - Dec 1 with 3893 viewsBluedandy

No thanks ... Sherwood would be a complete disaster.
Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 20:02 - Dec 1 with 3874 viewssolemio

We really mustn't sign that Robson fellah. He's a joke. Poor record at Fulham. We don't want him here.
Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 22:37 - Dec 1 with 3824 viewsjeera

Did.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tim Sherwood Next Manager? on 07:24 - Dec 2 with 3761 viewschiddley

Perfect for us imo.

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

on 08:04 - Dec 2 with 3751 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024