Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone openly gay on here? 14:04 - Nov 3 with 32830 viewsclive_baker

Might sound like an odd question to throw out there of a Friday afternoon but spent my lunch break at work having the debate with a colleague about the lack of gay footballers that are out. I'm of the opinion that they're in an environment that doesn't lend itself to them coming out, where as he is adamant there's a disproportionately low number of homosexual footballers, for reasons he couldn't really explain. Said they would gravitate to other careers, which is why he believes it transcends to the stands too. I'm not sure about that, but of the 3 gay people I know, none have any interest in football.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:25 - Nov 3 with 5755 viewsSwailsey

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:23 - Nov 3 by J2BLUE

I'm not bothered by what he said. I think it's quite a jump to take that the wrong way though. It requires ignoring the obvious possibility that people have posted that they are.

I don't see how he could have taken it that way to be honest, though I respect CIL for trying to see the good in the response.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:26 - Nov 3 with 5755 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 14:41 - Nov 3 by WadeyBlue

How the fk would you know.

You obviously are openly a tw@t

Quality.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:27 - Nov 3 with 5738 viewsjeera

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 16:59 - Nov 3 by bluewein

So, I think I have this right. The weirdo who chased him around the forum and mocked him at every opportunity like some kind of stalker might have the hump and try and smack him in the mouth because Rommers dared to give a little back?

What a great guy he sounds like.

Absolute hero.

A real man.

Good grief...

Rommers hasn't quite got the hang of this being bullied lark, clearly.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:48 - Nov 3 with 5679 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 16:59 - Nov 3 by bluewein

So, I think I have this right. The weirdo who chased him around the forum and mocked him at every opportunity like some kind of stalker might have the hump and try and smack him in the mouth because Rommers dared to give a little back?

What a great guy he sounds like.

Absolute hero.

A real man.

Good grief...

In fairness to Taxi, someone has made up a completely fictitious situation that hasn't yet happened and Taxi is getting grief for it?

I'm no fan of his views and the way he used to give Rommers grief but this is all looking a bit weird.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:50 - Nov 3 with 5668 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:48 - Nov 3 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness to Taxi, someone has made up a completely fictitious situation that hasn't yet happened and Taxi is getting grief for it?

I'm no fan of his views and the way he used to give Rommers grief but this is all looking a bit weird.

As you'll see, I've not bothered to react to the 'threat'. If I get a whack, so be it.

I'm more concerned about his reported actions towards the horse.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:54 - Nov 3 with 5654 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:50 - Nov 3 by The_Romford_Blue

As you'll see, I've not bothered to react to the 'threat'. If I get a whack, so be it.

I'm more concerned about his reported actions towards the horse.

But you haven't been threatened with a whack. gtsb has put forwarded an imaginary possible scenario.

Iron Lion Zion

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:56 - Nov 3 with 5646 viewsclive_baker

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:54 - Nov 3 by GlasgowBlue

But you haven't been threatened with a whack. gtsb has put forwarded an imaginary possible scenario.

So did Nigel Farage and it didn't stop you lapping that up.

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:58 - Nov 3 with 5638 viewsBluebell

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:54 - Nov 3 by GlasgowBlue

Taxi is an adult man with grown up children so I doubt very much he would do anything violent to anyone.

As for the horse comment, I think Benters was telling porkies.
Login to get fewer ads

on 17:59 - Nov 3 with 5635 views_

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:58 - Nov 3 by Bluebell

Taxi is an adult man with grown up children so I doubt very much he would do anything violent to anyone.

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:01 - Nov 3 with 5625 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:56 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

So did Nigel Farage and it didn't stop you lapping that up.

If Nigel Farage told me Ipswich played at Portman Road I would check to see if Evans had sold the ground. I've never taken a single bit of notice of anything Nigel Farage says.

Iron Lion Zion

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:03 - Nov 3 with 5616 viewsKuqicoo

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 14:57 - Nov 3 by groovyASH

I don't make a massive deal out of it but yeah I am gay and it's not a secret.

The football environment is a difficult one I would imagine for people to feel comfortable about coming out in. There's all sorts of abuse you are subject to in a ground during a match where emotions are high, being gay inevitably draws you as a target. It's also a sport of high machoism and dominated by it across all corners of the football culture.

I don't think it's unique to football, all male sports are high on machoism and machoism and homosexuality do not really get on.

This coming from a 6 foot 5 bloke who loves playing sport when younger and following it. So that pi$$es on the stereotypes as I have described. Then again I am confident and comfortable in my sexuality which makes it easier

Good post. Summed it up really.

It's a shame it would attract so much media attention in football really but that will be the reality.

I'm openly gay and had no issues at all with anyone who I've met. People have accepted me for who I am. I don't shout it from the rooftops and people often dont realise but anyone I get to know will find out somehow. That is the issue for football players. Can they tell the people they work with? Will it get out somehow?

I wish it wasn't such an issue and it shouldn't be. But some people like to make it one sadly, like the small percentage of fans who said theyd stop watching their team if there was a gay player. That's just strange!
Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:03 - Nov 3 with 5616 viewsclive_baker

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:01 - Nov 3 by GlasgowBlue

If Nigel Farage told me Ipswich played at Portman Road I would check to see if Evans had sold the ground. I've never taken a single bit of notice of anything Nigel Farage says.

That's a nibble.

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:03 - Nov 3 with 5614 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Was you in the lower tier at QPR?

He was that first half scuffle according to Benters

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:04 - Nov 3 with 5609 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:03 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

That's a nibble.

It was full open mouthed bite :-)

Iron Lion Zion

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:13 - Nov 3 with 5576 viewsgroovyASH

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 15:31 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

Thanks for your sensible answer, it's interesting to me. Sad too I have to say, if indeed you're right that 'football' isn't a sufficiently inclusive and open environment for some to feel they can be themselves. As you say it shouldn't be and isn't an issue to the many.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 15:35]

You are welcome, it is just a shame the thread has been hijacked by the usual suspects trading the usual garbage.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:17 - Nov 3 with 5557 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:13 - Nov 3 by groovyASH

You are welcome, it is just a shame the thread has been hijacked by the usual suspects trading the usual garbage.

Apologies if I am one of those

I shall say no more

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:21 - Nov 3 with 5546 viewscaught-in-limbo

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 17:23 - Nov 3 by J2BLUE

I'm not bothered by what he said. I think it's quite a jump to take that the wrong way though. It requires ignoring the obvious possibility that people have posted that they are.

There were two parts to Wadey's comment. I was defending the first part. I'm certainly not defending his language towards you, nor have I taken it the wrong way. I respect you for not escalating things into a slanging match.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:21 - Nov 3 with 5542 viewsBenters

Blimey that soon went bonkers!

For the record my dear friend taxi hasnt hit a horse lol !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:24 - Nov 3 with 5535 viewsBenters

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 16:53 - Nov 3 by gtsb1966

Rommy....it's obvious who you are referring to with your comments but stop and have a little think. There is a very good chance you will bump into the person you are referring to at a game in the not too distant future. Not saying anything would happen but think about it. Prevention is better than cure.

This and that.

Gentlybentley

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:35 - Nov 3 with 5501 viewsBenters

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:03 - Nov 3 by The_Romford_Blue

Was you in the lower tier at QPR?

He was that first half scuffle according to Benters

Bluebell didnt go.

Gentlybentley

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 19:00 - Nov 3 with 5461 viewsMJallday

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 14:46 - Nov 3 by blue_oyster

It's probably not really anyone else's business is it.

just to interject - if i were gay, it would probably be Mrs MJ's business.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 19:03 - Nov 3 with 5457 viewsMJallday

on 17:01 - Nov 3 by _

no, i dont think he was talking about him.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 19:08 - Nov 3 with 5433 viewsJ2BLUE

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 16:59 - Nov 3 by gtsb1966

Well I'm not. I'm just trying to give him some friendly advice. I know they've met before.

I believe that, very much doubt it was anything but.

I think if Rommers and Taxi met in real life they'd soon get talking about racing and and up liking each other. Not that i've met either of them but it's clear they both have a passion for racing which made Taxi's attacks all the more odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 19:19 - Nov 3 with 5407 viewsBenters

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 19:08 - Nov 3 by J2BLUE

I believe that, very much doubt it was anything but.

I think if Rommers and Taxi met in real life they'd soon get talking about racing and and up liking each other. Not that i've met either of them but it's clear they both have a passion for racing which made Taxi's attacks all the more odd.

Funny old lot on here innit.

Rommy took the piss out of me and Taxi and i dont care,i will ask taxi when he wakes up what he thinks of it all.

I think you are right they would get on about the gambling.

Taxi is a very kind bloke.

Gentlybentley

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 19:57 - Nov 3 with 5332 viewsgroovyASH

Is anyone openly gay on here? on 18:03 - Nov 3 by Kuqicoo

Good post. Summed it up really.

It's a shame it would attract so much media attention in football really but that will be the reality.

I'm openly gay and had no issues at all with anyone who I've met. People have accepted me for who I am. I don't shout it from the rooftops and people often dont realise but anyone I get to know will find out somehow. That is the issue for football players. Can they tell the people they work with? Will it get out somehow?

I wish it wasn't such an issue and it shouldn't be. But some people like to make it one sadly, like the small percentage of fans who said theyd stop watching their team if there was a gay player. That's just strange!

Yes you are right man, the experience of people meeting an openly gay individual for the first time is q lot more normal than the idea of meeting an openly gay individual for the first time.

While I am not a fan of the whole fanfare around coming out, I recognise it's because I am fortunate to have largely been accepted and not bothered by the odd idiot who couldn't get it and to most people role models coming out helps them. Masculine sports is the last great obstacles for homosexuality to overcome in the western world and there will be no more an important arena for this than the football one

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024