Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic 14:28 - Sep 29 with 18839 viewsWadeyBlue

The way i see it is make it ok to use in certain establishments (like cannabis in Amsterdam). Have warnings about using it. Let people decide for themselves.

Discuss.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:43 - Sep 29 with 4858 viewsJ2BLUE

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:37 - Sep 29 by The_Romford_Blue

But by saying it's 'no worse than alcohol', you are kinda saying it's not an issue. Thus could be seen promoting it as not harmful.

So I do see J2s point here after your previous comments about gambling threads.

It can't be one rule for some and one rule for you can it?

I can't be bothered to start going round in circles again, I was just making a point. It's a point Dolly doesn't agree with so we'll never agree. He thinks there's a difference, I think it's wilful ignorance. He mentions promoting gambling but the forum promotes drinking way more than the site and forum promotes gambling but that's ok.

Not looking for an argument Dolly, we've done it to death before. Feel free to respond to have the last word but i'm out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:45 - Sep 29 with 4857 viewsDolly2.0

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:37 - Sep 29 by The_Romford_Blue

But by saying it's 'no worse than alcohol', you are kinda saying it's not an issue. Thus could be seen promoting it as not harmful.

So I do see J2s point here after your previous comments about gambling threads.

It can't be one rule for some and one rule for you can it?

"Thus could be seen promoting it as not harmful."

How do you work that out? That's presuming I don't think alcohol is harmful, which I haven't stated.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:46 - Sep 29 with 4857 viewsDolly2.0

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:38 - Sep 29 by buzzardblue

The process of making cocaine is pretty darn harmful

In what way?

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:52 - Sep 29 with 4850 viewsDolly2.0

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:43 - Sep 29 by J2BLUE

I can't be bothered to start going round in circles again, I was just making a point. It's a point Dolly doesn't agree with so we'll never agree. He thinks there's a difference, I think it's wilful ignorance. He mentions promoting gambling but the forum promotes drinking way more than the site and forum promotes gambling but that's ok.

Not looking for an argument Dolly, we've done it to death before. Feel free to respond to have the last word but i'm out.

Hang on a minute, you can't just say something like that and run off. Firstly we're talking about cocaine, not alcohol.

Secondly, where does the site promote alcohol? Phil promotes a free bet thing, I've not seen him offer to get a round in for everyone.

Thirdly, where have *I* promoted alcohol?!

The only substance I think I've ever promoted on here is Davidstow cheese!

Where is my ignorance?

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:58 - Sep 29 with 4837 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 19:21 - Sep 29 by Dolly2.0

People are going to do it whether it's illegal or not so you might as well make it legal, thus creating extra revenue for the tax man, taking money away from drug dealers, and ensuring quality.

It's no worse than alcohol... alcohol's only the legal one of the two because it's been around longer.

So you're not bothered that, when taken with alcohol, cocaine forms another chemical in the blood that is seriously toxic to the liver?

No way should it's use become 'normal'.
According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:07 - Sep 29 with 4822 viewsJ2BLUE

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:52 - Sep 29 by Dolly2.0

Hang on a minute, you can't just say something like that and run off. Firstly we're talking about cocaine, not alcohol.

Secondly, where does the site promote alcohol? Phil promotes a free bet thing, I've not seen him offer to get a round in for everyone.

The only substance I think I've ever promoted on here is Davidstow cheese!

Where is my ignorance?

I'm not getting roped into this for the rest of the night.

Firstly we're talking about cocaine, not alcohol.

So we can't compare the two?

Secondly, where does the site promote alcohol?

I clearly said the forum.

I don't think I said you did? If I did that wasn't what I meant.

Where is my ignorance?

IMO it's not accepting that gambling, drinking, drugs etc are all similar things and fair comparisons. They are all ok in moderation and dangerous for certain people who can't enjoy them in moderation.

Truly impaired.

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:16 - Sep 29 with 4813 viewsbluelou

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:46 - Sep 29 by Dolly2.0

In what way?

Are you serious?!

Cocaine is massively damaging to the environment and the people of South America and Mexico.
Read a book ffs.

Should be legalised? Probably.
Does it hurt anyone? Damn right it does, but as long as you get a cheeky gram down the pub that's fine.

At least know what you're contributing to before you make a decision.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2017 21:19]

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:16 - Sep 29 with 4802 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:45 - Sep 29 by Dolly2.0

"Thus could be seen promoting it as not harmful."

How do you work that out? That's presuming I don't think alcohol is harmful, which I haven't stated.

It's a Friday night so Ill save this one for a Monday Dolly

I just think you're position on betting isn't as strong as you make out with your comments about impressionable kids reading the site and then talk happily about coke. And never moan about alcohol despite that having a daily thread.

I'm out

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Login to get fewer ads

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:20 - Sep 29 with 4789 viewsDolly2.0

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 20:58 - Sep 29 by FrowsyArmLarry

So you're not bothered that, when taken with alcohol, cocaine forms another chemical in the blood that is seriously toxic to the liver?

No way should it's use become 'normal'.

Wow.

Where on earth have I said that?!??!?!?

Please post where I have advocated mixing alcohol and cocaine.

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:27 - Sep 29 with 4776 viewsDolly2.0

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:07 - Sep 29 by J2BLUE

I'm not getting roped into this for the rest of the night.

Firstly we're talking about cocaine, not alcohol.

So we can't compare the two?

Secondly, where does the site promote alcohol?

I clearly said the forum.

I don't think I said you did? If I did that wasn't what I meant.

Where is my ignorance?

IMO it's not accepting that gambling, drinking, drugs etc are all similar things and fair comparisons. They are all ok in moderation and dangerous for certain people who can't enjoy them in moderation.

I'm not talking about 'the things' per se. I'm talking about THE PROMOTION of said things.

Do you see the difference?

I don't care if people want to gamble responsibly, by themselves, without roping in anyone else, anymore than I care if people want to take (any) drugs responsibly. It's your life, do what you want.

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:29 - Sep 29 with 4772 viewsJ2BLUE

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:27 - Sep 29 by Dolly2.0

I'm not talking about 'the things' per se. I'm talking about THE PROMOTION of said things.

Do you see the difference?

I don't care if people want to gamble responsibly, by themselves, without roping in anyone else, anymore than I care if people want to take (any) drugs responsibly. It's your life, do what you want.

But when you first started your criticism of gambling if was on a thread on this forum where no one had encouraged anyone else to go and bet IIRC. It was a discussion between those interested just like when people post about their favourite beers.

Truly impaired.

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:35 - Sep 29 with 4762 viewsMelford

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 14:38 - Sep 29 by AdmiralFunge

I dunno, with all these things I think context is everything.

Racking up a load of lines at midday in front of a load of families in the restaurant is not the one; getting lean with friends at midnight in the pub is rather more acceptable.

From a wider perspective, the OB have got few enough resources as it is; seems to me that most police seem to turn a blind eye to the majority of narcotic use nowadays unless you're knocking out loads of gear, or are involved with Heroin/ Crack etc.

I'm in broad agreement with your stance, but it's fundamentally a moot point.

Drugs are rubbish now. It's just beer, weed and coke nowadays. It's back to the 80's. Try getting hold of acid nowadays. Esctacy was the best drug, those little fellas are what powered house and drum and bass, Mitusbishi Turbos.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:38 - Sep 29 with 4755 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:20 - Sep 29 by Dolly2.0

Wow.

Where on earth have I said that?!??!?!?

Please post where I have advocated mixing alcohol and cocaine.

Fair enough, but most people will use them together which is reason enough to forget decriminalisation
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:40 - Sep 29 with 4747 viewsDolly2.0

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:16 - Sep 29 by bluelou

Are you serious?!

Cocaine is massively damaging to the environment and the people of South America and Mexico.
Read a book ffs.

Should be legalised? Probably.
Does it hurt anyone? Damn right it does, but as long as you get a cheeky gram down the pub that's fine.

At least know what you're contributing to before you make a decision.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2017 21:19]

I'll be honest, I don't know how cocaine is produced or what damage it does to the environment. Maybe I *should* read a book about it.

But then again, much of what we consume is damaging to the environment. I eat meat. I drive. I consume all sorts of stuff from around the world.

When it comes to coke, I thought we were talking about the immediate effects of taking the drug. If you want to drag it out to environmental issues that's a whole 'nother ball game. Does alcohol affect the environment?

Interesting that in the middle of your rudeness you agree with me that it should be legalised.

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:47 - Sep 29 with 4724 viewsDolly2.0

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:29 - Sep 29 by J2BLUE

But when you first started your criticism of gambling if was on a thread on this forum where no one had encouraged anyone else to go and bet IIRC. It was a discussion between those interested just like when people post about their favourite beers.

You're squirming now. Please don't turn into Glassers. I have no idea what my first post about gambling was, and I doubt you do either.

I'll state again, I'm against encouraging people to gamble. I've accepted that most are fine with it, so I've taken a step back. I didn't bring gambling into this thread, you did. This thread asked if coke should be legalised. Maybe address my reasons why it should rather than trying to trip me up on something else (either gambling or alcohol).

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:55 - Sep 29 with 4710 viewsJ2BLUE

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:47 - Sep 29 by Dolly2.0

You're squirming now. Please don't turn into Glassers. I have no idea what my first post about gambling was, and I doubt you do either.

I'll state again, I'm against encouraging people to gamble. I've accepted that most are fine with it, so I've taken a step back. I didn't bring gambling into this thread, you did. This thread asked if coke should be legalised. Maybe address my reasons why it should rather than trying to trip me up on something else (either gambling or alcohol).

I'm not squirming at all. I like you but I find you quite hypocritical at times and you'll spend hours defending a position while refusing to accept any fair comparisons to other very similar things. That's what i've noticed. Feel free to disagree but to me and many others it seems it's very clear. Again, no wish to continue this all night but i'm absolutely not 'squirming'. My point is very clear and the only one who can't accept it is you.

Truly impaired.

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:56 - Sep 29 with 4708 viewsbluelou

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:40 - Sep 29 by Dolly2.0

I'll be honest, I don't know how cocaine is produced or what damage it does to the environment. Maybe I *should* read a book about it.

But then again, much of what we consume is damaging to the environment. I eat meat. I drive. I consume all sorts of stuff from around the world.

When it comes to coke, I thought we were talking about the immediate effects of taking the drug. If you want to drag it out to environmental issues that's a whole 'nother ball game. Does alcohol affect the environment?

Interesting that in the middle of your rudeness you agree with me that it should be legalised.

Rudeness. Christ.

I'm allowed to agree with you on one thing and think you're ignorant in another.
It contributes to murder, slavery and more. So no, not like alcohol.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 22:08 - Sep 29 with 4688 viewsDolly2.0

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 21:55 - Sep 29 by J2BLUE

I'm not squirming at all. I like you but I find you quite hypocritical at times and you'll spend hours defending a position while refusing to accept any fair comparisons to other very similar things. That's what i've noticed. Feel free to disagree but to me and many others it seems it's very clear. Again, no wish to continue this all night but i'm absolutely not 'squirming'. My point is very clear and the only one who can't accept it is you.

I've answered your points. You've not come back on anything specific, just more stuff about *me*.

I've talked about promoting something as being what I'm against.

This thread is about why cocaine should/shouldn't be legalised. You've not actually addressed any of my reasons why I think it should.

Fair enough, up to you.

We'll leave it there.

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 22:08 - Sep 29 with 4685 viewsDurovigutum

Prohibition doesn't work, see USA in the 30s.

The biggest gangsters out there are the government, followed by the tobacco companies.

The low level scum bag drug dealers are little sh!ts who ruin peoples lives and drag neighbourhoods down, destroying the prospects for up and coming youngsters.

Let the biggest gangsters going let the second biggest sell it legally. Tax revenue, reduce low level crime, perhaps up addiction clinics and more burglaries, put some rules around "in public" and "drug driving" and its all sorted. Easy.
According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 22:10 - Sep 29 with 4680 viewsJ2BLUE

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 22:08 - Sep 29 by Dolly2.0

I've answered your points. You've not come back on anything specific, just more stuff about *me*.

I've talked about promoting something as being what I'm against.

This thread is about why cocaine should/shouldn't be legalised. You've not actually addressed any of my reasons why I think it should.

Fair enough, up to you.

We'll leave it there.

Ok fair enough.

I haven't addressed any of the reasons for cocaine because I don't care either way to be honest. I've never used it and have no interest in using it whether it's legalised or not so it's not something I have any strong feelings about. I'll leave it to those more informed.

Truly impaired.

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:17 - Sep 29 with 4667 viewsDolly2.0

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:56 - Sep 29 by bluelou

Rudeness. Christ.

I'm allowed to agree with you on one thing and think you're ignorant in another.
It contributes to murder, slavery and more. So no, not like alcohol.

Yeah, "read a book FFS" is quite rude.

As I stated, we were talking about the immediate effects of the drug itself.
People have been murdered through alcohol.

Lots of things have bad knock on effects. Have you ever bought something from Primark?

I don't know you but you appear to just be building straw men and looking for a row. It's a Friday night, I'm in good spirits, and I'm not interested. Debate like an adult or go onto my div list. Your choice.

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 22:30 - Sep 29 with 4647 viewsDolly2.0

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 22:08 - Sep 29 by Durovigutum

Prohibition doesn't work, see USA in the 30s.

The biggest gangsters out there are the government, followed by the tobacco companies.

The low level scum bag drug dealers are little sh!ts who ruin peoples lives and drag neighbourhoods down, destroying the prospects for up and coming youngsters.

Let the biggest gangsters going let the second biggest sell it legally. Tax revenue, reduce low level crime, perhaps up addiction clinics and more burglaries, put some rules around "in public" and "drug driving" and its all sorted. Easy.

Why would the tobacco companies be selling cocaine? Maybe it would be Boots! Or Tesco Finest Cocaine.

My points are decriminalise it, regulate it, tax it, and ensure quality like you do with alcohol. Seems logical and win-win (apart from drug dealers) to me.

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 22:35 - Sep 29 with 4638 viewsDolly2.0

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 22:10 - Sep 29 by J2BLUE

Ok fair enough.

I haven't addressed any of the reasons for cocaine because I don't care either way to be honest. I've never used it and have no interest in using it whether it's legalised or not so it's not something I have any strong feelings about. I'll leave it to those more informed.

Interesting that you called *me* ignorant.

I like you too J2 (apart from the way you cremate eggs) but you've just displayed that you came into this thread merely to have a pop at me, and that you know very little about the subject at hand.

Have a good evening. Up the Town.

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 22:45 - Sep 29 with 4625 viewsJ2BLUE

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 22:35 - Sep 29 by Dolly2.0

Interesting that you called *me* ignorant.

I like you too J2 (apart from the way you cremate eggs) but you've just displayed that you came into this thread merely to have a pop at me, and that you know very little about the subject at hand.

Have a good evening. Up the Town.

Again, we're on completely different wavelengths about what we're actually talking about. You kept to the thread, I admit that. I was just comparing it to something else in reference to a discussion we had previously. We will never agree on this. You think there is a difference and i'm being stupid. I think they are fair comparisons and you're dismissing those because you don't want to admit that some things you like are similar to things you don't.

I know you've made the distinction about the promotion of it but I don't remember anyone promoting gambling on the thread this all started on.

That's my point. I'm happy to drop it for good and just agree to disagree.

Truly impaired.

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 23:09 - Sep 29 with 4613 viewsDolly2.0

According to the news there's a cocaine epidemic on 22:45 - Sep 29 by J2BLUE

Again, we're on completely different wavelengths about what we're actually talking about. You kept to the thread, I admit that. I was just comparing it to something else in reference to a discussion we had previously. We will never agree on this. You think there is a difference and i'm being stupid. I think they are fair comparisons and you're dismissing those because you don't want to admit that some things you like are similar to things you don't.

I know you've made the distinction about the promotion of it but I don't remember anyone promoting gambling on the thread this all started on.

That's my point. I'm happy to drop it for good and just agree to disagree.

I've not once said you're stupid. Again something you've inferred rather than what's actually written.

"you don't want to admit that some things you like are similar to things you don't" - I've explained this, and you've acknowledged it in the next sentence. So why repeat it?

As I've stated, I don't remember the gambling thread this all started on. But I've also stated my position that it's the promoting of gambling I don't like. I've been very consistent on that.

Good night.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024