Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this 17:27 - Sep 27 with 28138 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Was seeing what they make of the game Saturday and our start.

A Town fan was on there saying about our start and then got this reply:

'You are reminding me of what we were like at this exact same stage last season.

I see above you tip yourselves to win? If I'm honest I had you down as relegation favourites at the start of the season and despite your current position I would still consider you to be in danger.

I've just had a quick look at your results for this season and I cant believe that when you compare ours and yours you fancy yourselves to win? Sorry mate but I think were gonna smash your hopes and dreams to pieces at the weekend.

Just saw that your a part of a very select group, very few teams have lost to Palace this season and your one of them, that says it all about what you should be expecting this season.

Don't get me wrong, enjoy where you are for now but just remain realistic and consider your in a pretty false position right now.

One thing I guarantee you is you haven't played a team like us yet this season and it will be interesting to see how you handle playing against better opposition than you have done so far.

If you get a result against us then I will start to take you seriously.'

A cracking attempt to overtake Reading/Bournemouth/Derby fans as the most arragant in the country. For us to not get beat 8-0 on Saturday would be a remarkable achievement against the mighty Bristol City.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Hahaha, love that on 22:13 - Sep 27 with 6629 viewsDyland

Hahaha, love that on 21:36 - Sep 27 by Mullet

We'll dick 'em you massive chuffnut

Doubt it. You may be right of course but your predictions are wildly erratic dear boy.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 22:24 - Sep 27 with 6604 viewsGuthrum

Thing is, if you look at Bristol City's away record this season, it's nowhere near as good as they are at home. P5 W1 D3 L1 GF7 GA7 GD0. They haven't beaten any team currently higher ranked than 15th (and that was at home) - our equivalent is 12th placed Millwall (away). They've won fewer games than Ipswich, four to our six. Bristol's only win on the road was a scraped 0 - 1 against a wasteful Reading.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 23:37 - Sep 27 with 6519 viewsCurrie10

Weirdly though, the bookies have opened up with us 2/1 outsiders at home, and them favourites at around 11/8 which I'm at a total loss to understand.....
Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 02:18 - Sep 28 with 6458 viewsHarryWright

Definitely just one fan - unlike those clubs you mentioned with have shed loads of arrogant fans. Add Brentford to the list also.
Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 04:13 - Sep 28 with 6439 viewsjeera

The fact that he can't even manage a single "you're" from 3 attempts means he's too stupid to form an opinion as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps when he learns his own language we can start to take him seriously.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 04:24 - Sep 28 with 6433 viewsharlingblue

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 17:44 - Sep 27 by HarryfromBath

I'm surrounded by them over here and Rommy's research made a penny drop in my thinking. You never - ever - hear from them when they lose or hit bad form, but a win or two and out they all come from the woodwork. They have never had much success and we may be dealing with a lack of self-confidence here. A bit like another team I know. Just a thought.

I haven't looked at anything they have posted since their win over Bolton, but everything before that pointed to (a) a tight defence and (b) profligacy in front of goal. They score a few and create plenty of chances, but there is a pattern of being very wasteful. It would make my life easier if we beat them on Saturday.

Harry, would you play the same formation against Bristol that we had against Sunderland?
Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 05:13 - Sep 28 with 6420 viewsCurrie10

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 17:44 - Sep 27 by HarryfromBath

I'm surrounded by them over here and Rommy's research made a penny drop in my thinking. You never - ever - hear from them when they lose or hit bad form, but a win or two and out they all come from the woodwork. They have never had much success and we may be dealing with a lack of self-confidence here. A bit like another team I know. Just a thought.

I haven't looked at anything they have posted since their win over Bolton, but everything before that pointed to (a) a tight defence and (b) profligacy in front of goal. They score a few and create plenty of chances, but there is a pattern of being very wasteful. It would make my life easier if we beat them on Saturday.

Their fans are utterly fickle and plastic.

Took 6000 to Coventry when winning League 1 / 5000 MK Dons.... however if 18th in the champ would probably take 1200 to either.

I always remember a radio phone in years ago, the City fan was having a meltdown with Geoff Twentyman on the radio. I assumed they'd lost, he was going mad. Geoff said ' But you won 5-0 today '.

Like Harry I live ( when not in Aus ) Bath / Bristol way and they are very fair weathered to say the least.
Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 10:31 - Sep 28 with 6280 viewscarsey

Arrogant or not they are in form and we still haven't beaten a top side yet but I'm more confident after Tuesday.
Login to get fewer ads

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 10:36 - Sep 28 with 6267 viewsTJS

Sorry but I just don't rate Bristol City on any level.
They have never won anything and have been in the top flight for about 3 seasons since WW2 about 40 years ago.
Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 10:49 - Sep 28 with 6243 viewsBarneycurley

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 10:36 - Sep 28 by TJS

They have never won anything and have been in the top flight for about 3 seasons since WW2 about 40 years ago.

It ended 72 years ago but lets not split hairs

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 10:56 - Sep 28 with 6223 viewsJ2BLUE

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 04:13 - Sep 28 by jeera

The fact that he can't even manage a single "you're" from 3 attempts means he's too stupid to form an opinion as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps when he learns his own language we can start to take him seriously.

What is you're problem?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 10:58 - Sep 28 with 6226 viewsHarryfromBath

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 04:24 - Sep 28 by harlingblue

Harry, would you play the same formation against Bristol that we had against Sunderland?

I would be nervous about playing wing-backs on Saturday. Stoke did this in their recent League Cup game and ended up switching to 4-4-2 as Bristol's Callum O'Dowda and Niclas Eliasson were getting so much space on the flanks.

That said, City seem to be unbalanced out wide and seem to have a greater threat on their left / our right flank. Eros Pisano, their very handy right-back has been injured and Bailey Wright has been covering for him but he isn't inclined to get forward.

Bristol have played left-wingers on the right flank lately as well. The left-footed O'Dowda is better suited to the left flank although the young and raw Eliasson did well against Stoke on the right.

Bristol's game seems to be very much about building pace and tempo, so a scrappy game punctuated by our capitalizing on our chances and our good finishing may be one way to approach it. Just as equally we have the machinery now to hit them on the counter, although their back four is far more resilient that Sunderland's. I don't know what approach would work best and it will be interesting to see what Mick does.

One big change this season for them has been an improvement in their strength in depth. They have three strikers in Famara Diedhiou, Matty Taylor and Cauley Woodrow along with the slightly deeper Bobby Reid so they really can switch things around if Plan A isn't working.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 12:59 - Sep 28 with 6129 viewsTJS

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 10:49 - Sep 28 by Barneycurley

It ended 72 years ago but lets not split hairs

I meant the last time they were in the old first division not when WW2 ended.
Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 13:07 - Sep 28 with 6112 viewsSpruceMoose

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 22:02 - Sep 27 by WeWereZombies

That's a bit personal towards Rommy, isn't it?

Shots fired!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 13:23 - Sep 28 with 6100 viewsKitman

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 12:59 - Sep 28 by TJS

I meant the last time they were in the old first division not when WW2 ended.

I believe they were the only team to beat Manchester United away in the league in the 70's when United were down for one season in the Second Division (which in today's money is the Championship, of course)

I wonder if that's on their club honours list?

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 14:35 - Sep 28 with 6044 viewsFaroutWest

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 10:36 - Sep 28 by TJS

Hi, City fan here. I just felt I had to register to defend my club / it's supporters.
We most certainly have never reached or got close to any supposed potential and have indeed spent the vast majority of the last 35 years bouncing between the 2nd and 3rd tier, hardly inspiring I agree.
What I would say is everyone has to come from somewhere and with the newly developed stadium and the backing of a local £Billionaire, we're probably in a better position to try and reach the £££ league than we've ever been.
Nobody, apart from a few deluded souls think it's going to be easy as there are far bigger clubs at this level, some with parachute money.
Personally, I enjoy the Championship as it's a blinding division (I appreciate you've been here a long time) and it would be nice to finally feel we belong / can compete here, something we now feel we can do.
As for Saturday, I'm expecting a real test and anything we get will be hard earned at a ground we never get anything at!
All I will say is that we (like yourselves) are in decent nick and are playing a high pressing game with a very young, fluid and high energy side. Will it be enough? I doubt it but we're vastly improved from last season's garbage and we'll give you a game.
It should be a decent watch TBH on Saturday!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 14:38]
Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 14:39 - Sep 28 with 6029 viewshype313

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 14:35 - Sep 28 by FaroutWest

Hi, City fan here. I just felt I had to register to defend my club / it's supporters.
We most certainly have never reached or got close to any supposed potential and have indeed spent the vast majority of the last 35 years bouncing between the 2nd and 3rd tier, hardly inspiring I agree.
What I would say is everyone has to come from somewhere and with the newly developed stadium and the backing of a local £Billionaire, we're probably in a better position to try and reach the £££ league than we've ever been.
Nobody, apart from a few deluded souls think it's going to be easy as there are far bigger clubs at this level, some with parachute money.
Personally, I enjoy the Championship as it's a blinding division (I appreciate you've been here a long time) and it would be nice to finally feel we belong / can compete here, something we now feel we can do.
As for Saturday, I'm expecting a real test and anything we get will be hard earned at a ground we never get anything at!
All I will say is that we (like yourselves) are in decent nick and are playing a high pressing game with a very young, fluid and high energy side. Will it be enough? I doubt it but we're vastly improved from last season's garbage and we'll give you a game.

Don't know why the OP singled out one fan as the rule for your fanbase.

I'm looking forward to it, should be a ding dong of a game.

So it will be a drab 0-0...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Don't come on here with your.... on 14:49 - Sep 28 with 6010 viewsBloots

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 14:35 - Sep 28 by FaroutWest

....balanced view, it will not be tolerated.

Mick in or Mick out?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Don't come on here with your.... on 14:51 - Sep 28 with 5997 viewsSpruceMoose

Don't come on here with your.... on 14:49 - Sep 28 by Bloots

Mick in or Mick out?

Favourite cheese to smear on a slice of toasted Warburton's?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Don't come on here with your.... on 14:56 - Sep 28 with 5983 viewsFaroutWest

Don't come on here with your.... on 14:49 - Sep 28 by Bloots

Mick in or Mick out?

Mick in FWIW.

As for the cheese question, YEUCCHHHH! ;)
Don't come on here with your.... on 14:57 - Sep 28 with 5975 viewsSpruceMoose

Don't come on here with your.... on 14:56 - Sep 28 by FaroutWest

Mick in FWIW.

GTFO

Don't come on here with your.... on 15:17 - Sep 28 with 5939 viewsbluewein

Don't come on here with your.... on 14:56 - Sep 28 by FaroutWest

Mick in FWIW.

Phil...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Don't come on here with your.... on 16:02 - Sep 28 with 5901 viewsFaroutWest

Don't come on here with your.... on 15:17 - Sep 28 by bluewein

Phil...

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 16:43 - Sep 28 with 5855 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 14:39 - Sep 28 by hype313

Don't know why the OP singled out one fan as the rule for your fanbase.

I'm looking forward to it, should be a ding dong of a game.

So it will be a drab 0-0...

I wasn't.

Just highlighting the incredible post that I was reading in desbelief. That is all. No dramas.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 16:46 - Sep 28 with 5844 viewsSpruceMoose

Just popped on the Bristol City forum and seen this on 16:43 - Sep 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I wasn't.

Just highlighting the incredible post that I was reading in desbelief. That is all. No dramas.

Oooh Rommers bringing the drama! Good work son, keep it up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024