Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fickleness of supporters 02:53 - Sep 16 with 5307 viewsGunnsAirkick

It never fails to amaze me, a run of wins then two losses and the knives are out again. Do some of you want Town to lose just to spite Mick FFS?

It is the same with my Nodge mates. One of them wants Farke gone already despite having played a handful of games, now I hope he is right about how s**t he is but come on!
[Post edited 16 Sep 2017 2:54]
Fickleness of supporters on 04:14 - Sep 16 with 5271 viewsblueconscience

The Mick lovers seem to enjoy Ipswich losing to, so they can call themselves real fans, and have a dig at the fans who care about losing.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Fickleness of supporters on 04:43 - Sep 16 with 5257 viewsBenters

I still say he should have gone after the Lincoln cup game.

We all know last season was the worst league finish for close on 58 yrs.

But then thats football isnt it we all have different views .

We have had a great start to the season though, bit of a blip, and hopefully a win today,

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Fickleness of supporters on 07:20 - Sep 16 with 5205 viewsTractorWood

People have been deeply cynical of Mick for 18 months or so. The feelings get hidden briefly if we get some good results. Lose or draw today and I think it's fair to think we could have a tough season. It's a brutal league where anyone can give anyone.

We had a great start but we hit the ground running against weaker sides and got our tails up. When you look at which teams that go down and why they go down, it's long term lack of investment, dwindling support, unbalanced squads and normally managerial instability. Accordingly, I think we have cornered ourselves in a situation where MM is the problem but also the best chance of keeping us up for another year.

Fickle is quite a strong word. To play devil's advocate, it sometimes can feel like some fans only want Ipswich to win to vindicate their own wedded affections to MM but also to rub it into those who dare question the manager and not because they like seeing Ipswich win.

Win, draw or lose. Come 5 o clock, we'll still see the same posters posting their same broken record rhetoric.

'quiet on here' - if we win
'classic MM, play for a draw' - if we draw
'could have lost 8-0 if it wasn't for Bart' - if we lose
[Post edited 16 Sep 2017 7:21]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Fickleness of supporters on 07:27 - Sep 16 with 5198 viewstextbackup

Let's have it right, the anger and frustrations again MM aren't only because of two losses this season.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Fickleness of supporters on 07:33 - Sep 16 with 5180 viewsFtnfwest

If you're suggesting that people hold the same view over time then that's not being fickle I would say. If they constantly changed it then yes it is.
As for Farke, I think if they give him time he could do well. Hopefully either way not at least until the end of October!
Fickleness of supporters on 07:36 - Sep 16 with 5162 viewsBenters

Fickleness of supporters on 07:27 - Sep 16 by textbackup

Let's have it right, the anger and frustrations again MM aren't only because of two losses this season.

Indeed.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Fickleness of supporters on 07:38 - Sep 16 with 5167 viewsbrogansnose

This is starting to take on some sort 'truth born out of myth' rubbish. Nobody goes to support the Town hoping that they will lose in some sort of anti Mick agenda. Everybody wants the club to win and do well but that doesn't mean that underlying issues should be ignored or not questionned a lot of which stems from the schmuck Evans.
Fickleness of supporters on 07:52 - Sep 16 with 5138 viewsGuthrum

Fickleness of supporters on 07:33 - Sep 16 by Ftnfwest

If you're suggesting that people hold the same view over time then that's not being fickle I would say. If they constantly changed it then yes it is.
As for Farke, I think if they give him time he could do well. Hopefully either way not at least until the end of October!

Indeed. In the main, people's views have been quite consistent. The ITFC fanbase is made up of sometimes disparate individuals, it is not a single, homogenous entity.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Fickleness of supporters on 08:21 - Sep 16 with 5098 viewsMullet

Fickleness of supporters on 07:52 - Sep 16 by Guthrum

Indeed. In the main, people's views have been quite consistent. The ITFC fanbase is made up of sometimes disparate individuals, it is not a single, homogenous entity.

I don't think there's that may weathervanes such as GAK mentions, that really exist. A few on here were suddenly talking about us winning promotion after a couple of games, "I really want to be wrong" type bullocks etc. but as you say, most fans have been fairly consistent in support of Town/Mick.

It's probably hard to push the MM out stuff during the run we just had and be taken seriously.

I sent your request over when I got in last night by the way.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fickleness of supporters on 08:27 - Sep 16 with 5082 viewsGuthrum

Fickleness of supporters on 08:21 - Sep 16 by Mullet

I don't think there's that may weathervanes such as GAK mentions, that really exist. A few on here were suddenly talking about us winning promotion after a couple of games, "I really want to be wrong" type bullocks etc. but as you say, most fans have been fairly consistent in support of Town/Mick.

It's probably hard to push the MM out stuff during the run we just had and be taken seriously.

Thanks for doing that. Was good to catch up the other day.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Fickleness of supporters on 08:30 - Sep 16 with 5078 viewsMullet

Fickleness of supporters on 08:27 - Sep 16 by Guthrum

Thanks for doing that. Was good to catch up the other day.

Indeed mate, mustn't wait so long in future.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fickleness of supporters on 08:38 - Sep 16 with 5070 viewstextbackup

Fickleness of supporters on 08:21 - Sep 16 by Mullet

Why is it bo11ocks to say 'I want to be wrong'
Better than you lot thinking you're right and can't admit to ever being wrong. That's the plastic Manc in you coming out tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Fickleness of supporters on 09:31 - Sep 16 with 4977 viewsLankHenners

Whilst there are some who some to revel in us losing a bit too much (and they always have done, even when we've had better spells under Mick), I think most of all it shows how fragile the support is at present. If we'd have had this game instead of Fulham we'd all be expecting to beat Bolton comfortably but now after just 2 losses we have people thinking we'll lose because Mick did something every manager in the land does when asked about upcoming opposition, i.e. treat them with respect and say a couple of good things about them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Fickleness of supporters on 11:46 - Sep 16 with 4907 viewsbluejacko

Fickleness of supporters on 04:14 - Sep 16 by blueconscience

The Mick lovers seem to enjoy Ipswich losing to, so they can call themselves real fans, and have a dig at the fans who care about losing.

Get on with your studies! 😀
Fickleness of supporters on 12:00 - Sep 16 with 4893 viewsWickets

The fact that many loyal Town fans that support our team home and away, would like to see the back of Mick, simply because we dont think he is the right manager for our club seems to upset you. These same loyal fans will be at the ground today in their thousands supporting the team and hoping for a win.
Fickleness of supporters on 23:43 - Sep 18 with 4742 viewsGiveusaWave

Expectation of fans of all clubs is too high these days, hence the quick sackings....

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Fickleness of supporters on 00:05 - Sep 19 with 4720 viewsStNeotsBlue

Fickleness of supporters on 23:43 - Sep 18 by GiveusaWave

Expectation of fans of all clubs is too high these days, hence the quick sackings....

I'd say Ipswich fans as a collective are pretty undemanding. We're the longest serving club in the Championship and since 2003 (might be 2004 can't be arsed to check) have had a go at the play offs once, there have been no riots or demos like in the Duncan or McGiven days.

A few people having a bit of a moan on an ITFC message board doesn't equal overly high expectations or fickleness.
Fickleness of supporters on 01:45 - Sep 19 with 4662 viewsCurrie10

Fickleness of supporters on 12:00 - Sep 16 by Wickets

The fact that many loyal Town fans that support our team home and away, would like to see the back of Mick, simply because we dont think he is the right manager for our club seems to upset you. These same loyal fans will be at the ground today in their thousands supporting the team and hoping for a win.

The away numbers are still very good, excellent infact despite everything going.

Clubs do seem to keep the away, maybe viewed as die hards I donno. Coventry have despite people boycotting the Ricoh etc and them plummeting down the leagues.

We seem to have it a little the same at home, clearly on a smaller scale though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024