Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most 21:56 - Sep 13 with 2499 viewsclive_baker

Garlic bread that isn't sufficiently cooked through to melt the garlic butter fully. Reminded myself tonight why I never buy garlic bread sticks anymore, in favour of the ciabatta or pizza breads. Made worse by the fact I had already served up my veg chilli and asked my guests (fiancé and her brother) to be seated while it went back in the over. Absolutely livid. It's a good job I don't like the boring little veggie tosser.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 21:59 - Sep 13 with 2493 viewsRozz

Garlic pizza breads are the pinnacle of modern supermarket convenience food. I use them as a base for a macaroni & cheese garlic bread burrito... but only on special occasions.
Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 22:01 - Sep 13 with 2474 viewsMullet

Gravy on chips.

I truly believe it's held the North back.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 22:01 - Sep 13 with 2474 viewsm14_blue

I really hate it when the film from a microwave meal doesn't come off in one clean pull.

Before you know there's straggly bits dipping in your chicken balti or you're having to cut round it with a knife. Where's the convenience in that??

Sort your sh1t out sainsburys
Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 08:16 - Sep 14 with 2333 viewsmarvellous

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 22:01 - Sep 13 by m14_blue

I really hate it when the film from a microwave meal doesn't come off in one clean pull.

Before you know there's straggly bits dipping in your chicken balti or you're having to cut round it with a knife. Where's the convenience in that??

Sort your sh1t out sainsburys

Garlic baguettes: Put them in the oven whilst it's still preheating, this warms it through and starts melting the butter before the the oven is hot enough to make it go crispy.

Microwave meals: The co-op have mastered the film IMO, 9 times out of 10 it comes off cleanly. Sainsbury's and M&S always tear. Cannot comment on other supermarkets.

Biggest culinary balls up has to be not cooking the fat on a piece of meat very well so that it's still rubbery and chewy - disgusting!!
Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 08:19 - Sep 14 with 2326 viewsHerbivore

Important life lessons here people, don't eat microwave meals (they are disgusting) and make proper garlic bread.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 08:23 - Sep 14 with 2325 viewsReuser_is_God

Rommy eats it frozen....

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 08:27 - Sep 14 with 2317 viewsconnorscontract

DIY is better...

Lightly fry garlic and mixed herbs (or oregano and thyme) in butter.

Brush onto bread of choice.

Optional: Grate Parmesan over (or tear some mozzerella and scatter sparingly).

Grill under a medium grill until beginning to go golden but with some bits still bubbling with butter.

Then place one piece on a plate, add a chicken burger, top with another piece of garlic bread (butter side down). Cut the bread round the burger (THIS IS IMPORTANT).

Serve with a side of fish fingers thrown on the plate to look like a pile of chips.

NOTE: make sure you get at least 5 pieces of garlic for it to count as your 5 a day.
Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 08:30 - Sep 14 with 2307 viewsyorkshireblue

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 22:01 - Sep 13 by Mullet

Gravy on chips.

I truly believe it's held the North back.

They put gravy on bloody everything up here.

One of my former flatmates regularly used to have pasta and gravy.

I did not renew my contract.
Login to get fewer ads

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 08:31 - Sep 14 with 2302 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 08:23 - Sep 14 by Reuser_is_God

Rommy eats it frozen....

It counts as a vegetable right?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 09:10 - Sep 14 with 2252 viewscaught-in-limbo

Anything officially edible bought from a supermarket which involves 2 or more ingredients being put together.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 10:24 - Sep 14 with 2187 viewsITFC_Forever

Butter which is served straight from the fridge and therefore is as solid as a rock, so that when you try to spread it, it rips up all the bread / roll.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 10:27 - Sep 14 with 2177 viewschicoazul

Do you know what culinary balls up I hate the most on 08:30 - Sep 14 by yorkshireblue

They put gravy on bloody everything up here.

One of my former flatmates regularly used to have pasta and gravy.

I did not renew my contract.

PASTA AND GRAVY MY GOD MY GOD THE HUMANITY

My mother in law puts sweet and sour sauce on pasta.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024