Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it 10:44 - Sep 4 with 14918 viewsArcher4721

David Davis seems totally out of his depth. May hasn't a clue about anything, whilst Michel Barnier keeps up the pressure saying "extremely serious consequences of leaving single market have not been explained to British people"

“We intend to teach people … what leaving the single market means.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/03/michel-barnier-brexit-education

[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 10:47]
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:13 - Sep 4 with 2666 viewsNo9

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 11:28 - Sep 4 by Pinewoodblue

I find it difficult to understand how you can be supportive of an organisation who's chief negotiator seems determined to punish you, and every other Briton, for a democratic vote to leave the EU.

The EU has a history of bullying nations who don't tow the line. Remember when Ireland voted not to ratify a revised treaty. The EU bullied the Irish government into holding a second referendum.

A decision has been made, we have to support it. Once the German election is out of the way the EU will enter into proper negotiations. There is no legal basis for an exit bill from EU to UK. If we are obliged to fund capital expenditure in the pipeline then surely we need to be compensated for our share of the assets our contribution over the years have funded.

Get behind your country. A divorce involves the sharing of assets as well as accepting your share of any liability.

M.Barnier is the appointed representative of the 27 nations that will remain in the EU. He has been given a brief from which to form an agenda. Mr Davis had to agree the agenda because his lot had nothing = unprepared.

Unlike the UK's secodn raters, the EU want to negotiate this properly and not have some rouge states pushing their own agenda. The UK wishes to have seperate negotiations without nhaving the sense to realise they could end up argueing over Gibraltar, with Spain for years and fishing with the Danes, for decades- either potentially ending up in the international courts.

You say there is no legal basis for an exit bill - on what do you base that assumption? You should consider what obligations Mr Cameron signed up to. The tories are very unlikley to receal that but I would suggest it is several tens of £ billions.
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:23 - Sep 4 with 2655 viewsPinewoodblue

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:13 - Sep 4 by No9

M.Barnier is the appointed representative of the 27 nations that will remain in the EU. He has been given a brief from which to form an agenda. Mr Davis had to agree the agenda because his lot had nothing = unprepared.

Unlike the UK's secodn raters, the EU want to negotiate this properly and not have some rouge states pushing their own agenda. The UK wishes to have seperate negotiations without nhaving the sense to realise they could end up argueing over Gibraltar, with Spain for years and fishing with the Danes, for decades- either potentially ending up in the international courts.

You say there is no legal basis for an exit bill - on what do you base that assumption? You should consider what obligations Mr Cameron signed up to. The tories are very unlikley to receal that but I would suggest it is several tens of £ billions.

So if your local social club to which you being decided to expand you would expect, if you left the club, to still have to pay because the commitment to spend was made at time when you were a member.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:25 - Sep 4 with 2652 viewsNo9

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:23 - Sep 4 by Pinewoodblue

So if your local social club to which you being decided to expand you would expect, if you left the club, to still have to pay because the commitment to spend was made at time when you were a member.

Of course, if you sing up for somethign you should honour your obligations or exect action to be taken against you.
Why should you make noise about committing others to somethign then walk away laughing?

The real pproblem here is that Mr Davis & his helpers aren't grown up and have never understood what 'leaving the EU' actually means.
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:44 - Sep 4 with 2629 viewsArcher4721

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 11:28 - Sep 4 by Pinewoodblue

I find it difficult to understand how you can be supportive of an organisation who's chief negotiator seems determined to punish you, and every other Briton, for a democratic vote to leave the EU.

The EU has a history of bullying nations who don't tow the line. Remember when Ireland voted not to ratify a revised treaty. The EU bullied the Irish government into holding a second referendum.

A decision has been made, we have to support it. Once the German election is out of the way the EU will enter into proper negotiations. There is no legal basis for an exit bill from EU to UK. If we are obliged to fund capital expenditure in the pipeline then surely we need to be compensated for our share of the assets our contribution over the years have funded.

Get behind your country. A divorce involves the sharing of assets as well as accepting your share of any liability.

I consider myself European.

It is 2017 after all.
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:47 - Sep 4 with 2618 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:44 - Sep 4 by Archer4721

It is 2017 after all.

You still will be after we leave the EU. What's your point?
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:48 - Sep 4 with 2614 viewsNo9

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:47 - Sep 4 by FrowsyArmLarry

Might be American fighting the Koreans ?
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:50 - Sep 4 with 2606 viewsNo9

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 12:34 - Sep 4 by FrowsyArmLarry

Let's be honest, Barnier and Jean-Claude Juncker are personally going to make a fortune out of this. If we pay, say, 20 billion in reparations you can bet they will squirrel a % of that away for themselves

Thank you for confirming you know nothing at all about this mess.
I would never have believed it
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:50 - Sep 4 with 2607 viewsnoggin

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:47 - Sep 4 by FrowsyArmLarry

Try telling that to the rest of Europe.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Login to get fewer ads

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:51 - Sep 4 with 2607 viewsArcher4721

So what country do I support?

I spend an awful lot of the year in France and Spain.
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:55 - Sep 4 with 2597 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:50 - Sep 4 by No9

Thank you for confirming you know nothing at all about this mess.
I would never have believed it

Next you'll say Juncker DIDN'T turn Luxembourg into a tax haven that's ripping off the rest of Europe
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:57 - Sep 4 with 2595 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:50 - Sep 4 by noggin

Try telling that to the rest of Europe.

Shut up.... you're not even European ;-)
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:58 - Sep 4 with 2589 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:51 - Sep 4 by Archer4721

So what country do I support?

I spend an awful lot of the year in France and Spain.

Looks like you'll have to end your tax dodging.

That's what hurts isn't it?
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:06 - Sep 4 with 2569 viewssoupytwist

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 12:34 - Sep 4 by FrowsyArmLarry

Let's be honest, Barnier and Jean-Claude Juncker are personally going to make a fortune out of this. If we pay, say, 20 billion in reparations you can bet they will squirrel a % of that away for themselves

So you're basically saying that two senior officials of the EU are likely to commit fraud for personal gain? OK, probably best you don't repeat that on here once we've agreed the leaving agreement or Phil could be in hot water.
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:08 - Sep 4 with 2562 viewsNo9

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:55 - Sep 4 by FrowsyArmLarry

Next you'll say Juncker DIDN'T turn Luxembourg into a tax haven that's ripping off the rest of Europe

Er, Luxembourg was a tax haven long before Junker arrived on the political scene.
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:27 - Sep 4 with 2539 viewsjaykay

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:08 - Sep 4 by No9

Er, Luxembourg was a tax haven long before Junker arrived on the political scene.

bloody facts, getting in the way of sound bites

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:29 - Sep 4 with 2532 viewsNo9

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:27 - Sep 4 by jaykay

bloody facts, getting in the way of sound bites

Spoils the RW media lie doesn't it?
Shame
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:41 - Sep 4 with 2524 viewsVic

Fancy the EU saying they know better than any individual country, especially one that challenges the status quo!

I have reservations about coming out (was a very undecided outer), and have concerns about the consequences; but every time I hear these pronouncements from Barnier and his EU cronies it reminds me of why I voted 'out'! I hate them telling us what to do and saying they will 'teach us lessons!

Don't forget also that he has to sound tough at this point - when has the EU ever concluded any negotiations early. It will go to the wire. The EU will compromise a little, and we will compromise a lot and both sides will claim victory.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:48 - Sep 4 with 2515 viewsLuk38644

Spot on.

The amount of Brits that seem keen to kick the UK down and favour the EU just to be proven right is pathetic. The whole EU bullying/scaremongering isn't going to work at all. We had a vote, it's done, no turning back.
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:50 - Sep 4 with 2514 viewsNo9

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:41 - Sep 4 by Vic

Fancy the EU saying they know better than any individual country, especially one that challenges the status quo!

I have reservations about coming out (was a very undecided outer), and have concerns about the consequences; but every time I hear these pronouncements from Barnier and his EU cronies it reminds me of why I voted 'out'! I hate them telling us what to do and saying they will 'teach us lessons!

Don't forget also that he has to sound tough at this point - when has the EU ever concluded any negotiations early. It will go to the wire. The EU will compromise a little, and we will compromise a lot and both sides will claim victory.

"Fancy the EU saying they know better than any individual country"
? it is 27 to 1.
M. Barnier has been appointed to represent those other 27. It is a democracy he will do what they tell him to.
Mr Davis will tell whatever porkies he is told too.

The tories want to leave, their paymasters don't.
That is an altogether battle - you will get the leave deal they want those who vote will be left high & dry as the corporations rule the roost.
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:52 - Sep 4 with 2511 viewsVic

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 10:58 - Sep 4 by Freddies_Ears

Didn't think there are further negotiations now until the end of the month? Isn't it 1 week in every 4?

Tory focus now is on getting through their conference, where we can expect more antagonism towards the EU, jingoism and idiocy.

Doesn't look like there's a lot of negotiating going on to me. All I've seen is Barnier tell us what we have to pay - take it or leave it. That's not negotiating is it, it's bullying.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 16:13 - Sep 4 with 2487 viewsJ2BLUE

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 14:44 - Sep 4 by Archer4721

It is 2017 after all.

Why not a citizen of the world? Why only European? Is it wrong to consider yourself British in 2017?

English, British, European and a world citizen. Why choose one?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 16:14 - Sep 4 with 2484 viewsNo9

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:52 - Sep 4 by Vic

Doesn't look like there's a lot of negotiating going on to me. All I've seen is Barnier tell us what we have to pay - take it or leave it. That's not negotiating is it, it's bullying.

If that is the impression you are getting you need to watch another channel because it is clear Mr Davis is flying a kite
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 16:23 - Sep 4 with 2474 viewsnoggin

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:52 - Sep 4 by Vic

You treated the lady to a bottle of champagne. You're not leaving the premises until you pay for it.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 16:27]

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 16:40 - Sep 4 with 2452 viewsMattinLondon

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:48 - Sep 4 by Luk38644

Spot on.

The amount of Brits that seem keen to kick the UK down and favour the EU just to be proven right is pathetic. The whole EU bullying/scaremongering isn't going to work at all. We had a vote, it's done, no turning back.

They are not bullying - they are simply trying to get the best possible deal for themselves
It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 16:51 - Sep 4 with 2436 viewsNo9

It's all going to go tits up this week isn't it on 15:48 - Sep 4 by Luk38644

Spot on.

It is neither bullying nor scaremongering just that the tories now don't like what may happen.
The rich will get richer the rest won't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024