Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How good is our away support....?! 11:44 - Aug 18 with 3813 viewsCurrie10

I posted on a Millwall post, however rightly many enjoyed Millwall. Great numbers great effort by all that travelled. Very jealous sure it was quite a night!

However, how good are we in terms of numbers and noise at other grounds across the UK?

I would say-

London away days / Nodge / Newcastle / Leeds / Villa sure, we're class. Reading too. Sheff Utd we have a bit of a thing with. Watford is fun but London bracket.

When we're winning too, we're also obviously very decent.

Been to many away day the past 14 or so years, other days we are flat as a pancake. Seriously flat.

Plymouth / Wolves / Cardiff in the new ground / other places it's been very poor.

Games that immediately spring to mind =
* Wolves away 16/17 0-0 Tuesday. Maybe 450 there and cannot recall one song all game.
* Bolton away 14/15 0-0 - chance to go top. Maybe 900 or so, dead. Could hear a pin drop.
* Leicester away various times / defeats. Poor. Flat.

How good is our away support....?! on 11:46 - Aug 18 with 3780 viewsTractorCam

I'd say numbers wise we're always good, as I don't ever recall us going under 300, obviously northern sh!t ones often get around 300-600 and then all the close games we get close to or do sell out.

Noise is often dependant on the game itself, pre match and kick off is always loud but if we've started awfully then the mood soon changes and it can be quiet in the days when we haven't taken a big following.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

How good is our away support....?! on 11:50 - Aug 18 with 3746 viewsMullet

Wolves put you about 6 rows deep along the side on purpose to destroy the atmosphere.

Bolton it was freezing cold and we were bloody awful. Same as the year after which actually had some action.

Leicester again stick us on a sort of bend with enforced seating.

Plus these are the games where more families/OAPs tend to go for the day out. They're not going to be frequented by the Jackamo posers or the dwindling proper lads.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How good is our away support....?! on 11:59 - Aug 18 with 3698 viewsTractorWood

As Mullet says. Day trippers up North tend to be bad.

We are at our best when it's within 2 hours of Suffolk and there are decent boozing options. Only exception I know of is Bristol, we usually have a good, loud and numerous support there.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

How good is our away support....?! on 12:02 - Aug 18 with 3670 viewstheblueginger

It was good on Saturday. Arsenal in the Carling Cup, and Huddersfield in 15/16 both spring to mind for me as well.

Leeds last season was shocking though. Most fans were sat down all game and the only chant i remember was the Alan Lee one.
How good is our away support....?! on 12:04 - Aug 18 with 3654 viewsBlue_Order

Sometimes good, sometimes not so good.
How good is our away support....?! on 12:10 - Aug 18 with 3619 views26_Paz

More away fans go to close games and big clubs ... shock!!

The Paz Man

How good is our away support....?! on 12:10 - Aug 18 with 3611 viewsBenters

How good is our away support....?! on 11:59 - Aug 18 by TractorWood

We are at our best when it's within 2 hours of Suffolk and there are decent boozing options. Only exception I know of is Bristol, we usually have a good, loud and numerous support there.

Saturday London games=Dickheads=im in .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

How good is our away support....?! on 12:14 - Aug 18 with 3582 viewsPJH

How good is our away support....?! on 12:04 - Aug 18 by Blue_Order

Sometimes good, sometimes not so good.

I would make that sometimes very good, sometimes good,sometimes not so good, sometimes poor.

It does vary a lot depending on where we are playing and (sometimes) the state of the match and/or the state of our club generally.

For the two League games so far I would say Barnsley was good and Millwall very good.

There does in the early days of this season seem to be a renewed optimism and a rebirth of the togetherness on and off the pitch and a renewed feeling of the team and fans being together.

I think the continuing setbacks with injuries might galvanise things even more.
Login to get fewer ads

How good is our away support....?! on 12:17 - Aug 18 with 3565 viewsTractorCam

How good is our away support....?! on 11:59 - Aug 18 by TractorWood

Southampton is another example of that, or for that matter anywhere on the south coast I'd say.

I think another point is that if you look at our followings compared to the opposition fans down here, chances are we've got the bigger numbers unless it's compared to the really big sides

How good is our away support....?! on 12:18 - Aug 18 with 3553 viewsIP33

I enjoy the atmosphere at Yorkshire away days. Different crowd to the London away types.

In terms of location of our beloved club I think we travel pretty well.
How good is our away support....?! on 12:32 - Aug 18 with 3483 viewsSammyT

Obviously missed the 4-2 Leicester game 2011. Nothing game for us. Huge crowd. Mexican waves being started by the town fans then eventually the whole stadium joined in. A very Cringeworthy Conga, some random Leicester fan flashing her Warlocks, Atmosphere was amazing
How good is our away support....?! on 12:38 - Aug 18 with 3456 viewsallezlesbleus

The last 3 away games I have been to have been fairly poor......result and support wise.

"Best" of them was Forest away at the end of last season. Other 2 were Hull away 3-0 midweek defeat and Middlesbrough away, also 3-0 defeat.

One of my favourites, going back donkey years ago, was when we beat Manure 2-1 up at their place, after being 1-0 down. Meant that we were safe from the drop and that they couldn't win the league.......great atmosphere.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:05 - Aug 18 with 3220 viewsCurrie10

How good is our away support....?! on 11:50 - Aug 18 by Mullet

Wolves put you about 6 rows deep along the side on purpose to destroy the atmosphere.

Bolton it was freezing cold and we were bloody awful. Same as the year after which actually had some action.

Leicester again stick us on a sort of bend with enforced seating.

Plus these are the games where more families/OAPs tend to go for the day out. They're not going to be frequented by the Jackamo posers or the dwindling proper lads.

How good is our away support....?! on 23:08 - Aug 18 with 3202 viewsJohnhoz

How good is our away support....?! on 12:02 - Aug 18 by theblueginger

It was good on Saturday. Arsenal in the Carling Cup, and Huddersfield in 15/16 both spring to mind for me as well.

Leeds last season was shocking though. Most fans were sat down all game and the only chant i remember was the Alan Lee one.

Leeds last year was shocking, but this was mainly due to what was happening on the pitch. We were awful.

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

How good is our away support....?! on 23:17 - Aug 18 with 3174 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

How good is our away support....?! on 11:46 - Aug 18 by TractorCam

I'd say numbers wise we're always good, as I don't ever recall us going under 300, obviously northern sh!t ones often get around 300-600 and then all the close games we get close to or do sell out.

Noise is often dependant on the game itself, pre match and kick off is always loud but if we've started awfully then the mood soon changes and it can be quiet in the days when we haven't taken a big following.

All the northern ones that are on a Saturday get between 800-1000

Not 300-600

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

How good is our away support....?! on 02:03 - Aug 19 with 3052 viewsbritbiker

How good is our away support....?! on 23:08 - Aug 18 by Johnhoz

Leeds last year was shocking, but this was mainly due to what was happening on the pitch. We were awful.

Leeds away last year was dreadful and to make it worse I was sitting in the leeds end with another town fan and two leeds fans. Even they. Couldn't believe how crap we were. They were moaning about how bad Wood was and that he was crap at heading, so inevitably he scored from a header. I also remember Sears playing like a scared kid that day. Thank god we all get to start with a clean slate each August
How good is our away support....?! on 08:18 - Aug 19 with 2852 viewsCurrie10

How good is our away support....?! on 23:08 - Aug 18 by Johnhoz

It's all well and good us being awful on the pitch - however surely we can at times get behind the team a bit more on the road.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying we're always poor support wise, just feel we could be better.
How good is our away support....?! on 11:13 - Aug 19 with 2673 viewstcblue

Brighton when Joniesta got debagged. Great support, allowed a drink in the away bar (they even put on a local brew) and then into the city for much merriment
How good is our away support....?! on 13:10 - Aug 19 with 2580 viewsTractorCam

How good is our away support....?! on 23:17 - Aug 18 by The_Romford_Blue

All the northern ones that are on a Saturday get between 800-1000

Not 300-600

I mean the proper northern ones like Middlesbrough/ Wigan/ Bolton etc

How good is our away support....?! on 16:17 - Aug 19 with 2448 viewsBenters

How good is our away support....?! on 13:10 - Aug 19 by TractorCam

I mean the proper northern ones like Middlesbrough/ Wigan/ Bolton etc

He will ignore that.

#scenes

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024