Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... 16:27 - May 11 with 1986 viewstheblueginger

Would be surprised not to see us linked if we do cash in on our prized asset.

Good Keeper. Picked up a knee injury this season but only 32. And most importantly, free.

Danny Ward's 1-year extension activated but 'expected to move on'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39884130
If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 16:30 - May 11 with 1965 viewsKieran_Knows

Camp is expected to sign for Cardiff and team up with Warnock again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 16:35 - May 11 with 1949 viewschristiand

If Bart does leave, I'm expecting Gerken to start as number 1. I'd be really surprised if MM then got another experience keeper in to challenge him. It's such a crucial position you cant afford to have a weak link there. Gerken will be decent for a couple of games and then the mistakes will begin to creep in. The decent keepers are the ones that make the fewest mistakes!!! I just find when I'm watching Gerken I'm waiting for a mistake to happen, I never feel 100% confident.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 16:37 - May 11 with 1934 viewstheblueginger

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 16:35 - May 11 by christiand

If Bart does leave, I'm expecting Gerken to start as number 1. I'd be really surprised if MM then got another experience keeper in to challenge him. It's such a crucial position you cant afford to have a weak link there. Gerken will be decent for a couple of games and then the mistakes will begin to creep in. The decent keepers are the ones that make the fewest mistakes!!! I just find when I'm watching Gerken I'm waiting for a mistake to happen, I never feel 100% confident.

I think Gerks would be adequate for the Championship, he's looked decent when called upon this season. However i would want another solid keeper to be brought in, just to keep him on his toes.
If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 16:38 - May 11 with 1923 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 16:35 - May 11 by christiand

If Bart does go, we will 100% get another experienced keeper in

Whether that's to be number 1, challenge Gerken or back him up is a different question, although I would guess one of the first 2

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:00 - May 11 with 1873 viewsRobTheMonk

Didn't we pick up Gerkin and Skuse from when Bristol City got relegated? Gerks is fine as a shot stopper but at this level you need that little bit more which Bart has over Gerkin. If Bart goes I'll be gutted. He's probably one of our most popular players with the fans of the past 15 years.
If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:02 - May 11 with 1862 viewshomer_123

When...not if.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:03 - May 11 with 1862 viewschristiand

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:00 - May 11 by RobTheMonk

Didn't we pick up Gerkin and Skuse from when Bristol City got relegated? Gerks is fine as a shot stopper but at this level you need that little bit more which Bart has over Gerkin. If Bart goes I'll be gutted. He's probably one of our most popular players with the fans of the past 15 years.

Bart is very calm and decisive in his decision making.

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:14 - May 11 with 1829 viewsSwansea_Blue

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 16:30 - May 11 by Kieran_Knows

Camp is expected to sign for Cardiff and team up with Warnock again.

He wouldn't want to play understudy to Shaka Hislop either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:14 - May 11 with 1829 viewsJimmyJazz

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:03 - May 11 by christiand

Bart is very calm and decisive in his decision making.

What about this claim that he can be weak down on his near post? Didn't Norwich say this either before or after the last game when they scored with a similar effort?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:18 - May 11 with 1820 viewschristiand

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:14 - May 11 by JimmyJazz

What about this claim that he can be weak down on his near post? Didn't Norwich say this either before or after the last game when they scored with a similar effort?

He's not going to be faultless in games and that is nothing to do with being calm as a goalkeeper. Perhaps forgotten about the fact that he kept us in the game against Norwich, otherwise we would've been on a good hiding.

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:21 - May 11 with 1810 viewsJimmyJazz

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:18 - May 11 by christiand

He's not going to be faultless in games and that is nothing to do with being calm as a goalkeeper. Perhaps forgotten about the fact that he kept us in the game against Norwich, otherwise we would've been on a good hiding.

But if a weakness were to be exposed, wouldn't opposition strikers be encouraged to test him in this area? Just looking for a silver lining if he did leave

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:23 - May 11 with 1802 viewsneilvanlimbeek

I'd prefer Frankie Fielding
If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:23 - May 11 with 1802 viewstheblueginger

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:14 - May 11 by JimmyJazz

I would say Bart is the first ITFC keeper in years that doesn't have an obvious weakness.

Gerks: Not commanding enough.
Loach: Beaten from distance too easily
Fulop: Could occasionally be a bit timid coming to claim crosses for such a big guy.
Henderson: Couldn't kick
Murphy: Too small, got lobbed easily, injured all the time.
ALB: Glaring lapses in concentration/positioning
If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:27 - May 11 with 1782 viewsJ2BLUE

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 16:38 - May 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

If Bart does go, we will 100% get another experienced keeper in

Whether that's to be number 1, challenge Gerken or back him up is a different question, although I would guess one of the first 2

Agreed. MM likes at least two decent keepers. We had Kenny and Henly as #3 keepers for a while as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:30 - May 11 with 1769 viewschristiand

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:21 - May 11 by JimmyJazz

But if a weakness were to be exposed, wouldn't opposition strikers be encouraged to test him in this area? Just looking for a silver lining if he did leave

All keepers have weaknesses whether you're: David De Gea, Petre Cech, Hugo Lloris etc. but what it comes down to is the number of mistakes they make and how they react afterwards. The good keepers are the ones that make the least. I'm certainly not putting Bart with the company mentioned above, but in terms of mistakes made in games, he makes far less than Gerken and is far more decisive in his decision making.
[Post edited 11 May 2017 17:32]

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:44 - May 11 with 1743 viewsjas0999

Nope. Evans will pocket the cash, claim it was spent on wages, ignore the savings from players leaving before not replacing. This is the norm now. Gerken will start in goal.
If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:50 - May 11 with 1715 viewsMullet

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:23 - May 11 by theblueginger

I would say Bart is the first ITFC keeper in years that doesn't have an obvious weakness.

Gerks: Not commanding enough.
Loach: Beaten from distance too easily
Fulop: Could occasionally be a bit timid coming to claim crosses for such a big guy.
Henderson: Couldn't kick
Murphy: Too small, got lobbed easily, injured all the time.
ALB: Glaring lapses in concentration/positioning

I dunno, I'm always glad I sit behind the goal when he's kicking.

I'd say that's the main area that might dissuade a Prem coach.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:54 - May 11 with 1713 viewsPhilTWTD

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:44 - May 11 by jas0999

Nope. Evans will pocket the cash, claim it was spent on wages, ignore the savings from players leaving before not replacing. This is the norm now. Gerken will start in goal.

Whether you're a fan of ME or otherwise, it's simply not true that he "pockets" cash from player sales, it does go into the budget and is largely used on wages, as the accounts illustrate.

The issue at Town isn't about the money generated from sales or generated by its normal business but how much ME is prepared to put in above and beyond that.

This post has been edited by an administrator
If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:57 - May 11 with 1699 viewsPhilTWTD

As per other posts seems to be joining Cardiff and had a bit of a fallout with Town when there were talks a few years back, from what I gather. If I remember rightly I think he felt it was done and dusted that the deal was done whereas Town were less certain on signing him.

If Bart goes, as per a thread the other day, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we made a move for Stephen Henderson.
If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 18:04 - May 11 with 1673 viewstheblueginger

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:57 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

As per other posts seems to be joining Cardiff and had a bit of a fallout with Town when there were talks a few years back, from what I gather. If I remember rightly I think he felt it was done and dusted that the deal was done whereas Town were less certain on signing him.

If Bart goes, as per a thread the other day, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we made a move for Stephen Henderson.

Never was convinced by Henderson tbh. I would rather us for for a younger L1 keeper if Bart goes, someone to bring in and develop alongside the experience of Gerken. Jordan Archer at Millwall if they don't come up, for example.
If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 19:11 - May 11 with 1598 viewsPhilTWTD

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 18:04 - May 11 by theblueginger

Never was convinced by Henderson tbh. I would rather us for for a younger L1 keeper if Bart goes, someone to bring in and develop alongside the experience of Gerken. Jordan Archer at Millwall if they don't come up, for example.

I liked Hendoâ„¢, would be happy to have him as first choice. Similarly, wouldn't be averse to Town picking someone up in the manner than Bart was signed and I know Archer is highly rated.
If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 19:27 - May 11 with 1549 viewsJimmy86

If we lose Bart...what's the bet Lee Camp is an option.... on 17:57 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Henderson hasn't cut it in the championship though has he?? He lost his place at Charlton to Nick Pope and wasn't playing at relegation threatened forest.

I would want us to sign a replacement for Bart if he goes. In my opinion Henderson isn't any better than Gerken, who in my eyes isn't good enough.

What about going for someone like Sam Walker at Col U??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024