Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get Mogga in 10:49 - May 8 with 5462 viewsitfcjoe

Would be a good replacement in our current model, was so unlucky not to keep Blackburn up after the job he did there.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Get Mogga in on 10:57 - May 8 with 3211 viewsSteve_M

I think Mowbray also has the advantage of being able to re-energise a large part of the fan base. Yes, he has his failings as a manager but the contrast with MM (who could do with a fresh challenge as much as we could do with a change) would put those to one side for a while.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 10:58 - May 8 with 3193 views_

Get Mogga in on 11:00 - May 8 with 3185 viewsPhilTWTD

I certainly wouldn't rule him out as Mick's successor. ME has tried to appoint him before.
Get Mogga in on 11:02 - May 8 with 3158 viewsDubtractor

Mach is going to go into melt down when he sees this.

I agree though, would be a good appointment.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Get Mogga in on 11:05 - May 8 with 3137 viewsGuthrum

I think he'd probably be OK. Altho my Boro-supporting mate does not have a particularly rosy view of his tenure there (talks in terms not dissimilar to us about Magilton).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Get Mogga in on 11:05 - May 8 with 3131 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Good early promise with his managerial career.

His record/win percentage seems to have been in decline since that early promise which would make me slightly cautious if appointing him.

Saying that, he has done relatively well at Blackburn even though they did go down:

15 games
Won - 5
Drawn - 7
Lost - 3

Not bad with a poor Blackburn team.

He would certainly get time considering his past connections with the club and from what I remember of his West Brom team he always tried to play football the right way so maybe it would be a worthwhile gamble.

Be happy to pretty much gamble on anyone else right now though.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Get Mogga in on 11:06 - May 8 with 3123 viewshype313

Really? I don't think his name would get a mention if he hadn't played for us previously.

He had a worse record than Barnes at Celtic.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Get Mogga in on 11:11 - May 8 with 3083 viewsSWGF

Get Mogga in on 11:05 - May 8 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Good early promise with his managerial career.

His record/win percentage seems to have been in decline since that early promise which would make me slightly cautious if appointing him.

Saying that, he has done relatively well at Blackburn even though they did go down:

15 games
Won - 5
Drawn - 7
Lost - 3

Not bad with a poor Blackburn team.

He would certainly get time considering his past connections with the club and from what I remember of his West Brom team he always tried to play football the right way so maybe it would be a worthwhile gamble.

Be happy to pretty much gamble on anyone else right now though.

Blackburn would be top ten, if the league started from when he took over that basket case.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Get Mogga in on 11:13 - May 8 with 3065 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Get Mogga in on 11:11 - May 8 by SWGF

Blackburn would be top ten, if the league started from when he took over that basket case.

Which is where we would like to be ideally.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we made Mogga our manager put it that way.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Get Mogga in on 11:16 - May 8 with 3047 viewsSuperfrans

I've been saying for a while he would be my choice. But it sounds like Blackburn want him there next season. He's certainly assuming he'll be there:

Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray:
"I am disappointed now but we have to try to keep the spirit we showed here and, if we do, the club will be very strong in League One next year.
"It's decided over 46 games and at the end of the season everyone at the club from the players to the medical team and the analysts have not been good enough to stay in this division.
"We have to take it on the chin. It's going to be a huge summer for us in terms of recruitment, and conversations with the owners are coming - we have to recruit well, be strong next year and bounce back.
"We need to keep our under-contract players. If we do, we will hopefully be too strong for a lot of clubs in League One. We just need to turn the ship around and get promotion."

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Get Mogga in on 11:18 - May 8 with 3028 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Get Mogga in on 11:02 - May 8 by Dubtractor

Mach is going to go into melt down when he sees this.

I agree though, would be a good appointment.

Why? You have your opinion. I have mine. I wouldn't be happy if he was appointed our manager as he's been failure in recent years (and I don't mean his Blackburn spell).
Get Mogga in on 11:19 - May 8 with 3039 viewsPhilTWTD

Get Mogga in on 11:05 - May 8 by Guthrum

I think he'd probably be OK. Altho my Boro-supporting mate does not have a particularly rosy view of his tenure there (talks in terms not dissimilar to us about Magilton).

One of the problems Mogga had at Boro was that Gordon Strachan had brought in all the players TM had off-loaded when he took over from him at Celtic!

TM would certainly be less volatile than JM but I can see the comparison in footballing philosophies, certainly.
Get Mogga in on 11:20 - May 8 with 3016 viewsPYBlue

Get Mogga in on 11:00 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

I certainly wouldn't rule him out as Mick's successor. ME has tried to appoint him before.

Phil - Surely the club must realise that they need to make a change with MM.

Even if he is here at the start of the season and he starts poorly then it will be another season wasted with a new manager coming in and having to change things.

It is best to cut ties now and give the new manager time to look at the squad and get new players in.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you want?

Get Mogga in on 11:22 - May 8 with 2996 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Get Mogga in on 11:16 - May 8 by Superfrans

I've been saying for a while he would be my choice. But it sounds like Blackburn want him there next season. He's certainly assuming he'll be there:

"I am disappointed now but we have to try to keep the spirit we showed here and, if we do, the club will be very strong in League One next year.
"It's decided over 46 games and at the end of the season everyone at the club from the players to the medical team and the analysts have not been good enough to stay in this division.
"We have to take it on the chin. It's going to be a huge summer for us in terms of recruitment, and conversations with the owners are coming - we have to recruit well, be strong next year and bounce back.
"We need to keep our under-contract players. If we do, we will hopefully be too strong for a lot of clubs in League One. We just need to turn the ship around and get promotion."

Might be able to cherry pick a few players from Blackburn to bring with him as well.

Get Mogga in on 11:23 - May 8 with 2991 viewsGuthrum

Get Mogga in on 11:19 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

One of the problems Mogga had at Boro was that Gordon Strachan had brought in all the players TM had off-loaded when he took over from him at Celtic!

TM would certainly be less volatile than JM but I can see the comparison in footballing philosophies, certainly.

Yes, it was in terms of football philosophy and the fact that both came near, but could not get over the line when it came to promotion. Not personality.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Get Mogga in on 12:35 - May 8 with 2756 viewsdavblue

Im unsure.

He does seem to have an initial impact but then falls by the way side.

He would play nice attacking football but im not sure about the other side of the game defensively.
Get Mogga in on 12:39 - May 8 with 2728 viewshype313

Get Mogga in on 12:35 - May 8 by davblue

Im unsure.

He does seem to have an initial impact but then falls by the way side.

He would play nice attacking football but im not sure about the other side of the game defensively.

Sounds like you are talking about Wenger!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Get Mogga in on 12:40 - May 8 with 2719 viewsReuser_is_God

I'd be happy with that.

His WBA side was one of the best I've seen at this level.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Get Mogga in on 12:43 - May 8 with 2694 viewsRyorry

Oooh - genuine def info... I either didn't know, or had forgotten that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Get Mogga in on 12:44 - May 8 with 2686 viewsKeaneish

Was thinking the same yesterday. Felt for him given how well he's done since he went there.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Get Mogga in on 12:45 - May 8 with 2680 viewsRyorry

Get Mogga in on 11:16 - May 8 by Superfrans

I jokingly suggested yesterday that MM and Mogga should simply swap clubs!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Get Mogga in on 12:48 - May 8 with 2663 viewsJohnny_Boy

Get Mogga in on 11:18 - May 8 by Mach_foreignBlue

Why? You have your opinion. I have mine. I wouldn't be happy if he was appointed our manager as he's been failure in recent years (and I don't mean his Blackburn spell).

What do you reckon about Burley coming back?
Get Mogga in on 12:49 - May 8 with 2652 viewsGeoffSentence

His wife is from Ipswich as well, so family influence might entice him back down this way.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Get Mogga in on 12:55 - May 8 with 2621 viewsPhilTWTD

Get Mogga in on 12:49 - May 8 by GeoffSentence

His wife is from Ipswich as well, so family influence might entice him back down this way.

I think he actually still lives up in Teesside or somewhere in that area.
Get Mogga in on 12:59 - May 8 with 2599 viewsRocky

Get Mogga in on 12:49 - May 8 by GeoffSentence

Is Mark Venus still his assistant?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024