Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My thoughts on Sat 11:43 - Apr 8 with 5122 viewsyoda

Expected more from Ipswich we all remarked that Plymouth gave us far more problems but maybe it was down to us wanting it more on the day.We played ok but should have took some of the chances that came our way.I think the ref just about got things right the only decision that looked iffy was the one in the first half when Sargent was cleaned out.I've read on here that Sargent was constantly throwing himself to the floor but your players were fouling him non stop especially Morsy (he could have been booked about 5 times) Regarding the atmosphere It was very loud everyone seemed up for it and btw how great was it to be a Saturday game albeit an early kick off.As good as it was from a Norwich point of view I can't help thinking Ipswich might have the last laugh with a two legged play off being highly likely and I'm sure nobody wants that!
My thoughts on Sat on 11:47 - Apr 8 with 3465 viewsSitfcB

Tuanzebe on Sargent wasn’t even a foul. Ref got that one horribly wrong.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

My thoughts on Sat on 11:55 - Apr 8 with 3395 viewsSteve_M

My thoughts on Sat on 11:47 - Apr 8 by SitfcB

Tuanzebe on Sargent wasn’t even a foul. Ref got that one horribly wrong.

Think he meant the one off the ball before that where Sargent called the ref things he really shouldn't have afterwards.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

My thoughts on Sat on 11:56 - Apr 8 with 3375 viewslizzibee

I'd disagree - Axe's tackle was perfection and got the ball. Sergeant rolled round on the floor like he'd be hit by a sniper. I'd say his rolling around antics were on par with Dewsbury-Hall and that says something

Likewise the foul that led to the goal wasn't a foul.
We played awful on Saturday which is disappointing but we press on...
My thoughts on Sat on 11:59 - Apr 8 with 3356 viewsbazza

We won’t be playing you again, Leeds Leicester or saints will knock you off your perch, we have a team just up from league 1 , 20 points clear of you, take your 1-0 win, and piss off back to a Norwich forum . Never understand a Norwich fan posting on a town forum.
My thoughts on Sat on 12:01 - Apr 8 with 3331 viewsSitfcB

My thoughts on Sat on 11:55 - Apr 8 by Steve_M

Think he meant the one off the ball before that where Sargent called the ref things he really shouldn't have afterwards.

He called the ref that after the Morsy one.

How/why wasn’t he booked for that by the way?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

My thoughts on Sat on 12:04 - Apr 8 with 3303 viewsSteve_M

My thoughts on Sat on 12:01 - Apr 8 by SitfcB

He called the ref that after the Morsy one.

How/why wasn’t he booked for that by the way?

Ah, was it? And then another yellow for running into Morsy to take the foul.....

I did think that was a foul we got away with at the time.

My thoughts on Sat on 12:16 - Apr 8 with 3208 viewsZapers

My thoughts on Sat on 11:59 - Apr 8 by bazza

We won’t be playing you again, Leeds Leicester or saints will knock you off your perch, we have a team just up from league 1 , 20 points clear of you, take your 1-0 win, and piss off back to a Norwich forum . Never understand a Norwich fan posting on a town forum.

Really necessary to be hostile and rude? I think Yoda posts on TWTD and from memory is a decent person.
Take the defeat with grace, and know that if we meet them in the playoffs, law of averages says we will beat them, and rightly so.
Even Yoda had the good grace to admit this might well happen.
My thoughts on Sat on 12:22 - Apr 8 with 3145 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It was a bit of a nothing game but you completely nullified us so Wagner got it right didn’t he, and I also thought you looked a much better side than at PR in December. Your support was top notch. Ours was not and everybody just seemed so nervous. An odd one, difficult to take.
Login to get fewer ads

My thoughts on Sat on 12:28 - Apr 8 with 3078 viewspointofblue

We just didn't show up which is a disappointment. I have a feeling Wagner had McKenna's number and, if we do meet in the play offs, that will have to be corrected for Town to win.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

My thoughts on Sat on 12:28 - Apr 8 with 3069 viewsbazza

My thoughts on Sat on 12:16 - Apr 8 by Zapers

Really necessary to be hostile and rude? I think Yoda posts on TWTD and from memory is a decent person.
Take the defeat with grace, and know that if we meet them in the playoffs, law of averages says we will beat them, and rightly so.
Even Yoda had the good grace to admit this might well happen.

Nah, Not for me, coming on here the last decade while we’ve been crap. I don’t get it. I took the defeat with grace, I’m thinking about Wednesday not what a budgie thinks about how we played and that we fouled their players, and they wanted it more, and they should have taken their chances , and we might have the last laugh, in the play offs, They would Love us in the play off.. I hope we go automatic promotion and they stay down, the only days you’ll see yoda is when we get beat. You must be soft listening to him mate.
My thoughts on Sat on 12:34 - Apr 8 with 3033 viewsLord_Lucan

My thoughts on Sat on 12:28 - Apr 8 by bazza

Nah, Not for me, coming on here the last decade while we’ve been crap. I don’t get it. I took the defeat with grace, I’m thinking about Wednesday not what a budgie thinks about how we played and that we fouled their players, and they wanted it more, and they should have taken their chances , and we might have the last laugh, in the play offs, They would Love us in the play off.. I hope we go automatic promotion and they stay down, the only days you’ll see yoda is when we get beat. You must be soft listening to him mate.

Yoda is an ok bloke and was a regular on here for some time.

The only reason he hasn't been on here for a while is because he installed a bathroom fan at Lucan Towers and it went wrong.

He can't be arsed to rectify his shoddy service.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

My thoughts on Sat on 12:34 - Apr 8 with 3018 viewsHerbivore

Ref was giving you freekicks for nothing, you were committing cynical fouls constantly. You played like a League 1 side, though admittedly with better players.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My thoughts on Sat on 12:38 - Apr 8 with 2989 viewsbazza

My thoughts on Sat on 12:34 - Apr 8 by Lord_Lucan

The only reason he hasn't been on here for a while is because he installed a bathroom fan at Lucan Towers and it went wrong.

😂
My thoughts on Sat on 12:42 - Apr 8 with 2953 viewsChurchman

We played poorly and Norwich deserved the win. Simple as that. I don’t buy this ‘wanting it more’ angle. It’s not about the desire. The players aren’t daft, know what the prize is and what the derby game is - not least because they experienced the one in December.

I think the loss of Hirst, who is far more mobile than Moore, and Burns who is a much better player than he looks on tv hurt us. Friday and Monday’s games were hard too physically and emotionally and on Saturday we just looked off it. Wagner got his tactics right too.

Should we play Norwich in the play offs, I don’t fancy our chances, but then I think we’ll struggle against West Brom and Southampton too. I hate the play offs. One success in about seven of the wretched things is all I’ve seen. Meagre.

Our best chance is to win the next five games. Subject to injuries and tiredness, I actually think it’s do-able.
My thoughts on Sat on 12:47 - Apr 8 with 2888 viewsChurchman

My thoughts on Sat on 12:34 - Apr 8 by Lord_Lucan

He should be whipped through the streets for that. Lucan Towers should not be left fanless!!
My thoughts on Sat on 12:51 - Apr 8 with 2826 viewsIllinoisblue

My thoughts on Sat on 11:55 - Apr 8 by Steve_M

The one where he called the ref a r****d? Should get a 3 game ban for that? Who’s going to step up and be our snitch a la Andy Holt

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

My thoughts on Sat on 12:55 - Apr 8 with 2797 viewsFtnfwest

In fairness Southampton gave us far more problems as well but its just the way things work out game by game. Agree with McKenna that we were fine early on but i don't think we dealt with the goal situation at all well, and finding ourselves behind didn't really adapt for a change to get ourselves back in it. You may well be right about Sargent although he pretty clearly engineered the penalty shout and actually just tripped Morsy up who fell into him as a result. Playoff? Well i wouldn't fancy our chances of winning those for sure but if it was to be v nodge i think i'd prefer it at Wembley in the final!
My thoughts on Sat on 12:59 - Apr 8 with 2752 viewsNthQldITFC

You caught us on by far our worst performance of the season I would say, and we looked utterly unlike ourselves pretty much from the off. How much of that is due to illness (two coaches used for travel, apparently) and how much to tiredness after the top of the table battle against Southampton, I don't know, but you can be sure that none of it was down to you wanting it more on the day. This is a mentally resilient team like few others. That's why we're 20 (twenty) points ahead of you.

A little bit touchy, sorry Yoda, but actually Leeds' defeat later in the day really made this not too painful a day at all for us. Best atmosphere I've ever heard at Norwich btw, which is a low bar perhaps, but a great turnaround after the moaning and booing through most of this season. Your fans were really psyched up for it which is the price we pay, I suppose, for our success.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

My thoughts on Sat on 13:05 - Apr 8 with 2672 viewsWhos_blue

"Expected more from Ipswich".

I think we all did.
Maybe best filed as "one of those days".

The pressure built with the ridiculous decision to penalise Axel for his superb tackle.
Those decisions pump the crowd up and more often than not set the ref up for the next few passages and so it did.
That said, for what it's worth I thought Morsy's foul leading up to the goal was correct.
The contact was marginal, but the tug on the shorts right under the ref's nose sealed the deal.

Norwich just have the measure of us these days, but it's 2 games out of 46. Local pride aside, it's how we do in the other 44 that really matters.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

My thoughts on Sat on 13:21 - Apr 8 with 2544 viewsIllinoisblue

You raised your game. We lowered ours. On to the next one.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

My thoughts on Sat on 13:34 - Apr 8 with 2460 viewsTheBoyBlue

I thought both defences were at their best in a poor game. It is a sideshow as shown by the fact the best result of our day came in the Coventry-Leeds game.

It sounded a great atmosphere, as it was at Portman Road earlier in the season. It's great to have this fixture back and it would be wonderful for it to be a Premier League fixture again, hopefully with us sending you down!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

My thoughts on Sat on 13:38 - Apr 8 with 2416 viewsITFC_Forever

My thoughts on Sat on 12:47 - Apr 8 by Churchman

He should be whipped through the streets for that. Lucan Towers should not be left fanless!!

Lucan should not have to concentrate on only fans.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

My thoughts on Sat on 13:40 - Apr 8 with 2397 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

My thoughts on Sat on 12:34 - Apr 8 by Herbivore

Ref was giving you freekicks for nothing, you were committing cynical fouls constantly. You played like a League 1 side, though admittedly with better players.

Yep, one of my overriding thoughts once the dust had settled was how much of a dirty, niggly side Norwich were. Trips, tugs, play acting, trying to get players booked... all the little nasty dark arts.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

My thoughts on Sat on 13:46 - Apr 8 with 2337 viewsSteve_M

My thoughts on Sat on 12:51 - Apr 8 by Illinoisblue

The one where he called the ref a r****d? Should get a 3 game ban for that? Who’s going to step up and be our snitch a la Andy Holt

The ideal time to do that is in a couple of weeks time to keep him out of the play-offs. I don't think it's a coincidence that Norwich have been so much better since he came back from injury.

My thoughts on Sat on 13:48 - Apr 8 with 2320 viewsEuropablue

My thoughts on Sat on 11:56 - Apr 8 by lizzibee

I'd disagree - Axe's tackle was perfection and got the ball. Sergeant rolled round on the floor like he'd be hit by a sniper. I'd say his rolling around antics were on par with Dewsbury-Hall and that says something

Likewise the foul that led to the goal wasn't a foul.
We played awful on Saturday which is disappointing but we press on...

My thoughts were that player like Morsy and Luongo are professionally dirty players that are constantly borderline fouling and some referees give those and some don't. If you have a referee that is giving those, you have to layoff those fouls. Morsy was holding the Norwich player's shorts for the freekick they scored, so it was a freekick.
Some Norwich players, but mostly Sargent, were falling over at the slightest touch rather than attempting to play the ball, but some of our players such as Hutchinson were doing the same. It is frustrating, because he is capable of actually creating something rather than a freekick.
The really cynical thing that the referee seemed to spot was when Sargent moved his body into the natural line that Morsy was moving along to try and get him sent off. Sargent should have had a yellow for that, but maybe he could have scored if that was what he was looking for.
We don't seem that smart to those things. We have to adapt our approach when you get feedback that it isn't working.
It felt like quite an even match because we played into their hands. Norwich got some luck, they scored a good freekick that we didn't prepare the wall for properly, then they frustrated us. If we'd have scored first the game probably would have gone our way and Norwich would have looked poor.
I think the truth is we often look poor, but we hold on when the other team our outplaying us and we create some magic, but we just ran out of magic against Norwich.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024