Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Al Hamadi is so direct 22:22 - Feb 14 with 3490 viewsDubtractor

We've seen it a few times now, but that's going to be a huge asset for us. And he hasn't looked off the pace/quality of the game either, which is impressive considering the jump in standard.

We've lamented our lack of penalties, rightly so, but having players run at defenders is the best way to win them.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Al Hamadi is so direct on 22:24 - Feb 14 with 3136 viewsNthQldITFC

I suspect many others, like me, have a strong suspicion that he's going to be an absolute superstar for us. Looks at home straight away, and everyone seems to love him.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Al Hamadi is so direct on 22:25 - Feb 14 with 3123 viewsScuzzer

For a big guy he's quick, agile and mobile. I'm liking what I see.

Established 1968

Al Hamadi is so direct on 22:25 - Feb 14 with 3123 viewsCaptainAhab

Yeah I'd have liked to see him get a bit longer tonight, maybe the whole of the second half. Think he'd have terrified em with his direct running
Al Hamadi is so direct on 22:36 - Feb 14 with 2883 viewsHerbivore

Really, really like the look of him so far.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Al Hamadi is so direct on 22:37 - Feb 14 with 2852 viewsSwailsey

I love him.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Al Hamadi is so direct on 22:38 - Feb 14 with 2831 viewsGlasgowBlue

I hate criticising our players but Al-Hamadi vs Ahadme is like chalk and cheese.

Ahadme came to us from another League One team and looked way off the standard you would want from a striker playing in a League One promotion chasing team.

Al-Hamadi has come to us from 2 divisions below and in his three appearances has looked very comfortable playing in a Championship team chasing promotion to the Premier League.

He is going to be a big player for us.
[Post edited 15 Feb 7:23]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Al Hamadi is so direct on 22:41 - Feb 14 with 2754 viewsbazza

Could we play him behind Moore? Hutchinson prefers the wing by the looks of it.. I’d be more than happy with him and Moore on at the same time.
Al Hamadi is so direct on 23:23 - Feb 14 with 2481 viewsdavblue

I saw him in a few sub appearances for Wycombe and he was one of those players where you hardly noticed him, never came away thinking he’s a player it was all fairly unmemorable.

Fair play to him he’s gone away and got games and he does look fairly sharp for us, long may it continue.
Login to get fewer ads

Al Hamadi is so direct on 23:30 - Feb 14 with 2419 viewsLord_Lucan

He's the new Shefki

Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Al Hamadi is so direct on 23:45 - Feb 14 with 2310 viewsvilanovablue

The most exciting transfer of the window, thought he might fit right in. Feels like might not be here that long. Feels like a real talent.
Al Hamadi is so direct on 00:00 - Feb 15 with 2215 viewsGiveusaWave

Whenever he gets the ball he's immediately goal-bound. Kind of player who defenders hate as he never lets up. Could end up being a real superstar for us as he's so different to the other strikers we have. Really compliments the team.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Al Hamadi is so direct on 00:05 - Feb 15 with 2194 viewsjasondozzell

He looks totally comfortable at this level. Travels with the ball pretty well too as well as the pace/power.

Was so glad he got the pen. Earned it.
Al Hamadi is so direct on 06:31 - Feb 15 with 1930 viewsWestcountryblue

4 goals thus far from our 2 additions up top.

Good business from the club and we're starting to score more freely once again.
Al Hamadi is so direct on 06:53 - Feb 15 with 1847 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Al Hamadi is so direct on 22:38 - Feb 14 by GlasgowBlue

I hate criticising our players but Al-Hamadi vs Ahadme is like chalk and cheese.

Ahadme came to us from another League One team and looked way off the standard you would want from a striker playing in a League One promotion chasing team.

Al-Hamadi has come to us from 2 divisions below and in his three appearances has looked very comfortable playing in a Championship team chasing promotion to the Premier League.

He is going to be a big player for us.
[Post edited 15 Feb 7:23]

Yeah I was thinking tonight, he doesn't look like he's stepped up 2 divisions. If anything happened to Moore I wouldn't see an issue starting Al-Hamadi.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Al Hamadi is so direct on 07:08 - Feb 15 with 1754 viewsIPS_wich

Al Hamadi is so direct on 00:00 - Feb 15 by GiveusaWave

Whenever he gets the ball he's immediately goal-bound. Kind of player who defenders hate as he never lets up. Could end up being a real superstar for us as he's so different to the other strikers we have. Really compliments the team.

The moment that got me most licking my lips was shortly after he came on in the Preston game. He was slipped through on the edge of the box and by the time he got to the ball he had got two yards ahead of the centre half. Granted it was against a tiring defence and he mishit the shot - but that speed off the mark was so impressive. Hutchison has it as well.

Slightly different to Burns who has an exceptional top speed, it's the ability to be a couple of yards quicker over 5-6 yards that will mean he is constantly getting into great positions. It was clear in his highlights video from Wimbledon that he had that potential - but to see him do it against Championship defenders is what's so exciting.
Al Hamadi is so direct on 07:27 - Feb 15 with 1645 viewsRobTheMonk

Al Hamadi is so direct on 07:08 - Feb 15 by IPS_wich

The moment that got me most licking my lips was shortly after he came on in the Preston game. He was slipped through on the edge of the box and by the time he got to the ball he had got two yards ahead of the centre half. Granted it was against a tiring defence and he mishit the shot - but that speed off the mark was so impressive. Hutchison has it as well.

Slightly different to Burns who has an exceptional top speed, it's the ability to be a couple of yards quicker over 5-6 yards that will mean he is constantly getting into great positions. It was clear in his highlights video from Wimbledon that he had that potential - but to see him do it against Championship defenders is what's so exciting.

I think Burns moved the quickest I've ever seen him run late into the second half last night! The afterburners were firing.
Al Hamadi is so direct on 07:50 - Feb 15 with 1539 viewsBbmaj

Al Hamadi is so direct on 07:27 - Feb 15 by RobTheMonk

I think Burns moved the quickest I've ever seen him run late into the second half last night! The afterburners were firing.

Was that when he was chasing back and defending? The passage of play I’m thinking of might have been first half, but Burns’ desire and the speed differential was amazing.

Helped that Clarke had a great game down the right and adding to our threat, but Burns looked to be up for it. I doubt social media/forum posts had any influence as he is usually a game lad, but you never know.

I’ll echo the other comments. From the first minute of seeing Al-Hamadi in a Town shirt I was sure we have a great find. He’s been brought in with Moore previously, but last night showed what he could offer if played alone up front. Speed of KJ, bite of Morsy, directness of…. Like no one else in squad now, maybe too soon to be crowned the next Shefki but here’s hoping.
Al Hamadi is so direct on 07:56 - Feb 15 with 1492 viewsRobTheMonk

Al Hamadi is so direct on 07:50 - Feb 15 by Bbmaj

Was that when he was chasing back and defending? The passage of play I’m thinking of might have been first half, but Burns’ desire and the speed differential was amazing.

Helped that Clarke had a great game down the right and adding to our threat, but Burns looked to be up for it. I doubt social media/forum posts had any influence as he is usually a game lad, but you never know.

I’ll echo the other comments. From the first minute of seeing Al-Hamadi in a Town shirt I was sure we have a great find. He’s been brought in with Moore previously, but last night showed what he could offer if played alone up front. Speed of KJ, bite of Morsy, directness of…. Like no one else in squad now, maybe too soon to be crowned the next Shefki but here’s hoping.

It was second half when he ran past their defender to the byline to cross it in. He turned into Sonic.
[Post edited 15 Feb 7:56]
Al Hamadi is so direct on 07:56 - Feb 15 with 1489 viewstextbackup

He’s some step up from Jackson isn’t he.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Al Hamadi is so direct on 07:57 - Feb 15 with 1484 viewsthebooks

Al Hamadi is so direct on 23:30 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

He's the new Shefki

Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this idea!

Shame the name doesn’t quite fit the song. Or perhaps it does?

[Singing Al Ha, Al Hamadi, Al Hamadi at the breakfast table.]
Al Hamadi is so direct on 08:03 - Feb 15 with 1430 viewsBbmaj

Al Hamadi is so direct on 07:56 - Feb 15 by RobTheMonk

It was second half when he ran past their defender to the byline to cross it in. He turned into Sonic.
[Post edited 15 Feb 7:56]

Super!
Al Hamadi is so direct on 09:16 - Feb 15 with 1187 viewsChurchman

Al Hamadi is so direct on 22:36 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

Really, really like the look of him so far.

From what little I’ve seen, I like his attitude, skill level, size and directness. . He doesn’t look overawed either. I liked the way he wanted to take the penalty. No p£ssing about. Yes, I like the look of him too.
Al Hamadi is so direct on 09:45 - Feb 15 with 1068 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Al Hamadi is so direct on 09:16 - Feb 15 by Churchman

From what little I’ve seen, I like his attitude, skill level, size and directness. . He doesn’t look overawed either. I liked the way he wanted to take the penalty. No p£ssing about. Yes, I like the look of him too.

I was worried; a youngster just up from League 2 (albeit we were 3-0 up and near the end). But he took it so calmly and confidently. Was one of the calmest and most controlled pens I've seen from Ipswich in a long time!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Al Hamadi is so direct on 09:54 - Feb 15 with 1020 viewsLord_Lucan

Al Hamadi is so direct on 07:57 - Feb 15 by thebooks

I like this idea!

Shame the name doesn’t quite fit the song. Or perhaps it does?

[Singing Al Ha, Al Hamadi, Al Hamadi at the breakfast table.]

I've had an old persons brain block and I can't remember Shefki's song.

And in anycase --- at my breakfast table I sang my own Shefki song - to the tune of Suspicious minds, and it works for our iraqi brother as well.
We're caught in a trap, I can't walk out, because I love you Al Hamadi

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Al Hamadi is so direct on 09:58 - Feb 15 with 984 viewsredrickstuhaart

Al Hamadi is so direct on 09:54 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

I've had an old persons brain block and I can't remember Shefki's song.

And in anycase --- at my breakfast table I sang my own Shefki song - to the tune of Suspicious minds, and it works for our iraqi brother as well.
We're caught in a trap, I can't walk out, because I love you Al Hamadi

The Hermann song fits Al Hamadi perfectly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024