Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Mills 20:28 - Feb 10 with 1773 viewsDJR

was effusive in his praise for the team, and knows a bit more about football than all the doomsters out there.

You need a BBC account to listen, and his comments (which are well worth listening to in full) kick in just after 1 minute.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0h5zjvd

For those that can't access it, his opening comments were.

"What a wonderful game. Really, really good game, some excellent stuff. I'm sure the fans will be delighted with what they've seen from the team this season. We came back against Leicester on Boxing Day. We've come back today, but today we've almost got the victory. That last onslaught was absolutely outstanding. When the final whistle went, I don't know how many West Brom players went down on their knees. They were absolutely shattered, and no wonder, we put them under so much pressure."

I would second all that. If we were drawing or losing and playing badly, that might be a concern but we are not, so let's all be positive. And we're 15 points clear of 7th place, so let's just get some perspective, because that is more than we could ever have hoped for a the start of the season.
[Post edited 10 Feb 20:32]
Mick Mills on 20:36 - Feb 10 with 1683 viewsitfcjoe

We are still playing well, we’ll get 90+ points this season - it’s incredible really.

A shame we seem to be doing it in the strongest ever promotion race, but this team is superb and this 9 game run against weaker sides is where we need to get the results our performances are deserving

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick Mills on 20:41 - Feb 10 with 1644 viewsMillsyVOR

Posture posture!!
Mick Mills on 20:46 - Feb 10 with 1596 viewspointofblue

I'm sure he was effusive in his praise for our defending as well.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mick Mills on 20:52 - Feb 10 with 1550 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We have finished strongly a lot. Unfortunately we have gone behind too often. Finishing strongly today was enough for a point nearly 3. Last week it wasn't quite enough for a point and not a million miles away from being enough for all 3. Ultimately it is the points that matters but if we get 3 points from the majority of the rest of our matches, the others will slip up at some point. We just need to make sure we slip up a couple of times fewer than them over the rest of the matches.

I fear it will be play offs. However, we should be delighted with the progress the team has made since McKenna arrived. Continue on that trajectory and promotion will be ours before too long.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mick Mills on 20:53 - Feb 10 with 1520 viewshomer_123

Mick Mills on 20:46 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

Generally Mick is pretty balanced...he'd be the first to note those errors today.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mick Mills on 21:00 - Feb 10 with 1451 viewsLankHenners

Mick Mills on 20:46 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

He was pretty critical to be fair - said Clarke and Woolfenden started slowly and didn't do enough to deal with the threat down our right and said Davis gets too high up too early. Some of the things he says do sound a bit out of touch with the modern game but think he analyses things very fairly imo.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Mick Mills on 21:02 - Feb 10 with 1423 viewsDJR

Mick Mills on 21:00 - Feb 10 by LankHenners

He was pretty critical to be fair - said Clarke and Woolfenden started slowly and didn't do enough to deal with the threat down our right and said Davis gets too high up too early. Some of the things he says do sound a bit out of touch with the modern game but think he analyses things very fairly imo.

He also said that all the defenders are good enough individually but aren't quite as good collectively, which I think is fair.
Some fans seem to be either rather forgetful or a bit divvy on 21:17 - Feb 10 with 1347 viewsDyland

Mick Mills on 20:36 - Feb 10 by itfcjoe

We are still playing well, we’ll get 90+ points this season - it’s incredible really.

A shame we seem to be doing it in the strongest ever promotion race, but this team is superb and this 9 game run against weaker sides is where we need to get the results our performances are deserving

Some of them both, maybe!

We're a work in progress innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick Mills on 21:18 - Feb 10 with 1336 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mick Mills on 21:02 - Feb 10 by DJR

He also said that all the defenders are good enough individually but aren't quite as good collectively, which I think is fair.

That’s an interesting observation as it goes against the normal view that we’re a team that’s greater than the sum of its parts. We’re not brilliant defensively though, so it’s a point worth thinking on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mick Mills on 21:21 - Feb 10 with 1309 viewsnorfsufblue

I am so proud that we are going toe to toe with every team in this division and not losing to any bar 3.... its a magnificent effort and unthinkable when McKenna took over!
[Post edited 10 Feb 21:45]
A forgetful div.... on 21:21 - Feb 10 with 1288 viewsBloots

Some fans seem to be either rather forgetful or a bit divvy on 21:17 - Feb 10 by Dyland

Some of them both, maybe!

We're a work in progress innit.

....is a div worth forgetting.

Or did you forget that?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Mick Mills on 21:25 - Feb 10 with 1257 viewsDinnernotTea

That's all well and good but from 0 - 20 minutes I doubt there is any that has conceded more than us.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Mick Mills on 21:26 - Feb 10 with 1248 viewsDJR

Mick Mills on 21:18 - Feb 10 by Swansea_Blue

That’s an interesting observation as it goes against the normal view that we’re a team that’s greater than the sum of its parts. We’re not brilliant defensively though, so it’s a point worth thinking on.

Yes, the point he is probably making is we don't always defend well as a unit. But having said that we are playing teams with much better players than last season. And we do have players like Clarke or Davis charging ahead, which makes us vulnerable on the counter.

Were we not to do that, we probably would be better defensively, but we wouldn't be the same team. So I am more than happy to stick with the way McKenna wants us to play.
Mick Mills on 21:27 - Feb 10 with 1242 viewspointofblue

Mick Mills on 21:02 - Feb 10 by DJR

I've said it on another thread, but we're seriously missing a Mowbray/de Vos/Chambers. I agree the defenders are good enough individually but we have no one to pull them together as an effective unit. And, in their defence (no pun intended) the centre backs get very little protection due to our style of play.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I don't remember my own name half the time Blooters! (n/t) on 21:27 - Feb 10 with 1241 viewsDyland

A forgetful div.... on 21:21 - Feb 10 by Bloots

....is a div worth forgetting.

Or did you forget that?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Mick Mills on 21:29 - Feb 10 with 1221 viewsDJR

Mick Mills on 21:21 - Feb 10 by norfsufblue

I am so proud that we are going toe to toe with every team in this division and not losing to any bar 3.... its a magnificent effort and unthinkable when McKenna took over!
[Post edited 10 Feb 21:45]

And it is only Leeds and West Brom away, where I think we have been outplayed.

In all the other games we given at least as good as we get, and actually been the better team overall in the vast majority.
It's "The Mighty Legend Dyllers". (n/t) on 21:31 - Feb 10 with 1203 viewsBloots

I don't remember my own name half the time Blooters! (n/t) on 21:27 - Feb 10 by Dyland

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024