Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How low can Sunak go? 12:32 - Feb 7 with 12992 viewsDJR

This from PMQs, and Sunak was cheered by his own side.

Starmer praises the bravery of Brianna Ghey’s mother, and says she is in the gallery today.

Sunak says Starmer has broken almost all his promises. He says he has counted 30. He lists some of them, including on the difference between a man and a woman, although that is only a 99% U-turn, he says.

Starmer condemns Sunak for making jibe about trans people with Brianna Ghey's mother watching PMQs from gallery

Starmer says, of all the weeks, this was not the time for Sunak to make that jibe about trans people, especially with Brianna Ghey’s mother in the gallery.

He says, as PM, it is Sunak’s job to ensure all people in this country feel safe.

UPDATE: Starmer said:

Of all the weeks to say that, when Brianna’s mother is in this chamber. Shame.

Parading as a man of integrity when he’s got absolutely no responsibility.”

I think the role of the prime minister is to ensure that every single citizen in this country feels safe and respected, it’s a shame that the prime minister doesn’t share that
How low can Sunak go? on 12:44 - Feb 7 with 4294 viewsDubtractor

Just a couple of days after his bet about asylum seekers too.

Awful human being, and a frankly hopeless politician.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

How low can Sunak go? on 12:58 - Feb 7 with 4232 viewsbluelagos

Having seen the clip it doesn't come across well at all. One question, did Sunak know Brianna Ghey's mother was in attendance?

If so, that's a whole new level of insensitivity.. Same for those cheer leading his comments.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

How low can Sunak go? on 13:02 - Feb 7 with 4178 viewsDJR

How low can Sunak go? on 12:58 - Feb 7 by bluelagos

Having seen the clip it doesn't come across well at all. One question, did Sunak know Brianna Ghey's mother was in attendance?

If so, that's a whole new level of insensitivity.. Same for those cheer leading his comments.

Perhaps he didn't take in what Starmer said, but this is from Sky.

The Labour leader started the session by saying: "This week the unwavering bravery of Brianna Ghey's mother Esther has touched us all. As a father, I can't even imagine the pain that she is going through and I am glad that she is with us in the gallery here today."

As it is, what Sunak said just goes to show to me the real nastiness and political opportunism of the Tory and right wing media anti-trans stance, which doesn't care about often vulnerable people and instead is designed solely to win votes.
[Post edited 7 Feb 13:15]
How low can Sunak go? on 13:05 - Feb 7 with 4159 viewsKievthegreat

Also asked directly to apologise by a Labour MP, but just pretended like it never happened and answered a mundane question instead.

He's a coward as well as a scumbag.
How low can Sunak go? on 13:06 - Feb 7 with 4152 viewsKievthegreat

How low can Sunak go? on 12:58 - Feb 7 by bluelagos

He knew full well, because Starmer has said so immediately before Sunak rose to speak.

EDIT: This includes Starmer's response.

[Post edited 7 Feb 13:08]
How low can Sunak go? on 13:09 - Feb 7 with 4110 viewsDJR

How low can Sunak go? on 13:05 - Feb 7 by Kievthegreat

Also asked directly to apologise by a Labour MP, but just pretended like it never happened and answered a mundane question instead.

Yes, this was his non-apology.

"I said earlier this week what happened was an unspeakable and shocking tragedy. And, as I said earlier this week, in the face of that for her mother to demonstrate the compassion and empathy that she did last weekend, I thought demonstrated the very best of humanity in the face of seeing the very worst of humanity, and she deserves all our admiration."
How low can Sunak go? on 13:20 - Feb 7 with 4019 viewsKievthegreat

How low can Sunak go? on 13:09 - Feb 7 by DJR

Yes, this was his non-apology.

"I said earlier this week what happened was an unspeakable and shocking tragedy. And, as I said earlier this week, in the face of that for her mother to demonstrate the compassion and empathy that she did last weekend, I thought demonstrated the very best of humanity in the face of seeing the very worst of humanity, and she deserves all our admiration."

Nice try Sunak, but without a "sorry", that's just empty platitudes you utter because some aide has slipped you a note to say "you fecked up".
[Post edited 7 Feb 13:21]
How low can Sunak go? on 13:24 - Feb 7 with 3970 viewsBlueBadger

worth pointing here, that there's large sections of the public that significant chunks of the Tory party(both parliamentary and members in general) don't think count as full citizens.

https://news.sky.com/story/politics-latest-liz-truss-should-lose-whip-if-she-doe

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

How low can Sunak go? on 13:28 - Feb 7 with 3930 viewsBlueBadger

How low can Sunak go? on 13:02 - Feb 7 by DJR

Perhaps he didn't take in what Starmer said, but this is from Sky.

The Labour leader started the session by saying: "This week the unwavering bravery of Brianna Ghey's mother Esther has touched us all. As a father, I can't even imagine the pain that she is going through and I am glad that she is with us in the gallery here today."

As it is, what Sunak said just goes to show to me the real nastiness and political opportunism of the Tory and right wing media anti-trans stance, which doesn't care about often vulnerable people and instead is designed solely to win votes.
[Post edited 7 Feb 13:15]

Every time there's a hit piece written about trans folk, some politician decides to stoke hate for cheap headlines or Enid Blyton for VVankers tells us she has Very Real Concerns about trans people I see some poor trans kid in my ED having either been assaulted, self harming, overdosing or in general mental heath crisis as result of the general storing of hate.

F**k Sunak, f**k the Tories, f**k anyone who voted for them, f**k anyone who makes excuses for this bulls1t, it has REAL consequences for real, vulnerable(often young) people.
[Post edited 7 Feb 13:56]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

How low can Sunak go? on 13:37 - Feb 7 with 3829 viewsmatteoblue

Very low of Starmer to drag the poor mother into it. His comedy lawyer routine is awful.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

How low can Sunak go? on 13:40 - Feb 7 with 3783 viewsredrickstuhaart

How low can Sunak go? on 13:37 - Feb 7 by matteoblue

Very low of Starmer to drag the poor mother into it. His comedy lawyer routine is awful.

Embarrasing from you.

Perhaps you think he should have pretended it didnt happen?
How low can Sunak go? on 13:41 - Feb 7 with 3776 viewsBlueBadger

WOW, that's some incredible bothsidesing there.

'Sure Sunak did a bad thing, but the other fella told him to apologise for the upsetting things he said in front of the parents of a murdered teenager.'
[Post edited 7 Feb 13:52]

How low can Sunak go? on 13:41 - Feb 7 with 3763 viewsBlueBadger

How low can Sunak go? on 13:40 - Feb 7 by redrickstuhaart

Embarrasing from you.

Don't expect the 'no bullying, be kind please' crowd to actually stand up and be counted when people are actually taking on bullies and bigots mate.

How low can Sunak go? on 13:43 - Feb 7 with 3739 viewsmatteoblue

How low can Sunak go? on 13:40 - Feb 7 by redrickstuhaart

Embarrasing from you.

Very low. I see the standard here is much the same.

How low can Sunak go? on 13:44 - Feb 7 with 3725 viewslowhouseblue

starmer played it perfectly. he's getting much better at pmqs.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

How low can Sunak go? on 13:48 - Feb 7 with 3688 viewsDJR

This from the Telegraph.

No 10 defends Sunak over 'defining a woman' comment

Downing Street defended Rishi Sunak after he faced criticism from Sir Keir Starmer over the comments he made at PMQs about “defining a woman”.

No 10 declined repeatedly to apologise for Mr Sunak’s language and said it was part of a “legitimate” criticism of Labour.

A spokesperson said: “If you look back on what the Prime Minister was saying, there was a long list of u-turns that the leader of the opposition had been making.

“I don’t think those U-turns are a joke, it is quite serious changes in public policy. I think it is totally legitimate for the Prime Minister to point those out.”
How low can Sunak go? on 13:48 - Feb 7 with 3674 viewsBlueBadger

How low can Sunak go? on 13:43 - Feb 7 by matteoblue

Very low. I see the standard here is much the same.

That whole 'let's not make horrible remarks about trans people, especially when the parents of a dead trans teenager are in the room' standard, eh?

How low can Sunak go? on 13:51 - Feb 7 with 3630 viewslowhouseblue

How low can Sunak go? on 13:48 - Feb 7 by DJR

This from the Telegraph.

No 10 defends Sunak over 'defining a woman' comment

Downing Street defended Rishi Sunak after he faced criticism from Sir Keir Starmer over the comments he made at PMQs about “defining a woman”.

No 10 declined repeatedly to apologise for Mr Sunak’s language and said it was part of a “legitimate” criticism of Labour.

A spokesperson said: “If you look back on what the Prime Minister was saying, there was a long list of u-turns that the leader of the opposition had been making.

“I don’t think those U-turns are a joke, it is quite serious changes in public policy. I think it is totally legitimate for the Prime Minister to point those out.”

not really the point is it. he got the context completely wrong. he showed himself to be inept and crass and unable to move off the prepared script. an astonishing own goal.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

How low can Sunak go? on 13:57 - Feb 7 with 3557 viewsmatteoblue

How low can Sunak go? on 13:44 - Feb 7 by lowhouseblue

starmer played it perfectly. he's getting much better at pmqs.

If that's good, then we are doomed.

How low can Sunak go? on 14:00 - Feb 7 with 3519 viewsChurchman

How low can Sunak go? on 13:05 - Feb 7 by Kievthegreat

I’m not interested in hearing apologies from weedy nobody Sunak and his appalling mugs. They don’t mean it so any apologising for the deaths, chaos, poverty and misery they’ve caused in the last 14 years is total hypocrisy. They absolutely love it, have personally benefitted enormously so should be proud to talk about their ……achievements …….for themselves and their mates.

But yes, he’s a coward and a scumbag. Nasty one at that
How low can Sunak go? on 14:02 - Feb 7 with 3471 viewsBlueBadger

How low can Sunak go? on 13:57 - Feb 7 by matteoblue

If that's good, then we are doomed.

Yeah, none of this 'can we have some basic human decency towards the parents of murdered teenagers' stuff in MY country, snowflakes!

How low can Sunak go? on 14:02 - Feb 7 with 3469 viewsmatteoblue

How low can Sunak go? on 13:48 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

That whole 'let's not make horrible remarks about trans people, especially when the parents of a dead trans teenager are in the room' standard, eh?

Making up things like that is a good example, yes. Very poor form. But that's all we have to look forward to, sadly.

How low can Sunak go? on 14:06 - Feb 7 with 3433 viewsBlueBadger

How low can Sunak go? on 14:02 - Feb 7 by matteoblue

Making up things like that is a good example, yes. Very poor form. But that's all we have to look forward to, sadly.

What's actually wrong with insisting that the PRIME MINISTER doesn't make transphobic jokes in front of the parents of trans kids? Or, god forbid, that he apologise for it?
[Post edited 7 Feb 14:06]

How low can Sunak go? on 14:06 - Feb 7 with 3432 viewsnrb1985

How low can Sunak go? on 13:51 - Feb 7 by lowhouseblue

not really the point is it. he got the context completely wrong. he showed himself to be inept and crass and unable to move off the prepared script. an astonishing own goal.

strange when you think about how socially adept he usually is...

How low can Sunak go? on 14:09 - Feb 7 with 3398 viewslowhouseblue

How low can Sunak go? on 14:06 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

What's actually wrong with insisting that the PRIME MINISTER doesn't make transphobic jokes in front of the parents of trans kids? Or, god forbid, that he apologise for it?
[Post edited 7 Feb 14:06]

it wasn't actually a transphobic joke. it was a swing at starmer for making u turns - a swing that missed so badly that he hit himself. but how about we demonstrate the sensitivity and decency that sunak lacks and not use this particular tragic context to re-hash the trans debate?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024