Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How low can Sunak go? 12:32 - Feb 7 with 13681 viewsDJR

This from PMQs, and Sunak was cheered by his own side.

Starmer praises the bravery of Brianna Ghey’s mother, and says she is in the gallery today.

Sunak says Starmer has broken almost all his promises. He says he has counted 30. He lists some of them, including on the difference between a man and a woman, although that is only a 99% U-turn, he says.

Starmer condemns Sunak for making jibe about trans people with Brianna Ghey's mother watching PMQs from gallery

Starmer says, of all the weeks, this was not the time for Sunak to make that jibe about trans people, especially with Brianna Ghey’s mother in the gallery.

He says, as PM, it is Sunak’s job to ensure all people in this country feel safe.

UPDATE: Starmer said:

Of all the weeks to say that, when Brianna’s mother is in this chamber. Shame.

Parading as a man of integrity when he’s got absolutely no responsibility.”

I think the role of the prime minister is to ensure that every single citizen in this country feels safe and respected, it’s a shame that the prime minister doesn’t share that
How low can Sunak go? on 12:32 - Feb 8 with 2197 viewslowhouseblue

How low can Sunak go? on 09:44 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

It is technically true to say that he wasn't making a trans joke but, and this is a huge but, we all know that the 'trans debate' culture war is one of the tories current favourite buttons to push. We all know exactly the pot he was stirring, even if he has plausible deniability.

but any culture war has to be two sided. the attempt to frame pmqs as sunak committing some terrible trans related faux pas is itself part of the culture war. the insistence that anyone who doesn't repeat certain phrases in the prescribed form is guilty of sin is part of the culture war. name calling people who think biology matters as transphobic is part of the culture war. the idea that the tories are the only ones taking part or stirring an otherwise tranquil pot is nonsense.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

How low can Sunak go? on 12:33 - Feb 8 with 2189 viewsBlueBadger

How low can Sunak go? on 12:32 - Feb 8 by lowhouseblue

but any culture war has to be two sided. the attempt to frame pmqs as sunak committing some terrible trans related faux pas is itself part of the culture war. the insistence that anyone who doesn't repeat certain phrases in the prescribed form is guilty of sin is part of the culture war. name calling people who think biology matters as transphobic is part of the culture war. the idea that the tories are the only ones taking part or stirring an otherwise tranquil pot is nonsense.

How's the weather there in Stockholm?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How low can Sunak go? on 12:48 - Feb 8 with 2142 viewsitfcjoe

How low can Sunak go? on 12:22 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

That's been going in for years. I remember Thatcher's colour coded ring binder. Every Prime Minister in my lifetime has had a binder of stock replies to every possible question.

Tony Blair had his in alphabetical order, so Hague used to jump back and forth to get him flustered....

Sunak really looked like the cat who had got the cream when he managed to get his pre prepared line out, but shows how poor he is on his feet that he had no idea what he'd done until Starmer had said it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How low can Sunak go? on 12:52 - Feb 8 with 2129 viewsDubtractor

How low can Sunak go? on 12:48 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

Tony Blair had his in alphabetical order, so Hague used to jump back and forth to get him flustered....

Sunak really looked like the cat who had got the cream when he managed to get his pre prepared line out, but shows how poor he is on his feet that he had no idea what he'd done until Starmer had said it

That was why I used the word robotic. Sure they will all have some pre planned responses, but he is so programmed to script he can't change course.

He will be hopeless in a general election campaign, when he needs to field questions on a daily basis.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

How low can Sunak go? on 13:03 - Feb 8 with 2107 viewsitfcjoe

How low can Sunak go? on 12:52 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

That was why I used the word robotic. Sure they will all have some pre planned responses, but he is so programmed to script he can't change course.

He will be hopeless in a general election campaign, when he needs to field questions on a daily basis.

He is so prickly when someone tries to question him on anything, and so bad with the public as is just so out of touch

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How low can Sunak go? on 13:09 - Feb 8 with 2075 viewsRadlett_blue

How low can Sunak go? on 12:52 - Feb 8 by Dubtractor

Most modern politicians rarely, if ever, answer direct questions, whether in an election campaign, in the Hpuse or at interview. They have a set list of pre-prepared statements & usually that's all you get out of them. Witness Victoria Atkins on the BBC yesterday, completely refusing to answer a simple & relatively non-controversial question about whether the NHS dentistry budget had been cut or not.
Sunak has been a disappointing PM. He seems to have become a prisoner of his right wing, sticking to the obviously failed Rwanda policy (which he only inherited) & looking for populist headlines. I can only guess he's already decided the Tories are going to lose the next election so he's throwing a few crumbs to the faithful in the hope that they'll turn out & vote & prevent a meltdown defeat.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

How low can Sunak go? on 14:08 - Feb 8 with 1986 viewsmatteoblue

How low can Sunak go? on 20:51 - Feb 7 by redrickstuhaart

I am proud of supporting anyone who stands up to bigotry. How about you?

Everybody makes that claim. It's usually what they do if they have no argument, or are unwilling to engage in any serious discussion.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

How low can Sunak go? on 14:18 - Feb 8 with 1964 viewsStokieBlue

How low can Sunak go? on 14:08 - Feb 8 by matteoblue

Everybody makes that claim. It's usually what they do if they have no argument, or are unwilling to engage in any serious discussion.

An interesting point given your posts in this thread have all been short and deliberately structured to provoke whilst not engaging in any serious discussion.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Login to get fewer ads

How low can Sunak go? on 15:55 - Feb 8 with 1840 viewsmatteoblue

How low can Sunak go? on 14:18 - Feb 8 by StokieBlue

An interesting point given your posts in this thread have all been short and deliberately structured to provoke whilst not engaging in any serious discussion.

SB

And another one. The irony hangs heavy, sadly.

How low can Sunak go? on 16:06 - Feb 8 with 1820 viewsblueasfook

How low can Sunak go? on 13:03 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

He is so prickly when someone tries to question him on anything, and so bad with the public as is just so out of touch

The worse politician for getting angry with people is old St Jezza. You can actually see anger flash in his eyes. Ive seen him lose his rag many times. Here he is about to square up with a woman journalist.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

How low can Sunak go? on 16:21 - Feb 8 with 1789 viewsflykickingbybgunn

How low can Sunak go? on 13:40 - Feb 7 by redrickstuhaart

Embarrasing from you.

Perhaps you think he should have pretended it didnt happen?

But the mother was not actually there at the time Starmer said she was. All as bad as each other.
How low can Sunak go? on 16:26 - Feb 8 with 1781 viewsMattinLondon

How low can Sunak go? on 16:06 - Feb 8 by blueasfook

The worse politician for getting angry with people is old St Jezza. You can actually see anger flash in his eyes. Ive seen him lose his rag many times. Here he is about to square up with a woman journalist.

What time is it? It’s ’yeah, but Corbyn o’clock’
How low can Sunak go? on 16:38 - Feb 8 with 1745 viewsStokieBlue

How low can Sunak go? on 16:21 - Feb 8 by flykickingbybgunn

But the mother was not actually there at the time Starmer said she was. All as bad as each other.

"But both sides" arguments only work when your position is supported by evidence.

In this case, she was supposed to be in the gallery but arrived late, something Starmer couldn't possibly have known.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

How low can Sunak go? on 17:07 - Feb 8 with 1690 viewsblueasfook

How low can Sunak go? on 16:26 - Feb 8 by MattinLondon

What time is it? It’s ’yeah, but Corbyn o’clock’

I make it 17.07 currently

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

How low can Sunak go? on 19:00 - Feb 8 with 1597 viewsPassionNotAnger

How low can Sunak go? on 16:21 - Feb 8 by flykickingbybgunn

They aren’t all the same despite that effectively will be what the Tory press go with as their election strategy

See below link for a clear difference between Starmer and Sunak on a personal level.

How low can Starmer go? on 19:39 - Feb 8 with 1530 viewsmatteoblue

Ah, now it's becoming clear why Starmer tried to whip up a story in the Commons yesterday...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/other/humiliated-keir-starmer-admits-he-is-cutti

How low can Sunak go? on 19:41 - Feb 8 with 1521 viewsGlasgowBlue

How low can Sunak go? on 19:00 - Feb 8 by PassionNotAnger

They aren’t all the same despite that effectively will be what the Tory press go with as their election strategy

See below link for a clear difference between Starmer and Sunak on a personal level.

You only have to watch the first 15 seconds of this clip to understand what a thoroughly decent man Starmer is.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How low can Starmer go? on 19:52 - Feb 8 with 1489 viewsredrickstuhaart

How low can Starmer go? on 19:39 - Feb 8 by matteoblue

Ah, now it's becoming clear why Starmer tried to whip up a story in the Commons yesterday...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/other/humiliated-keir-starmer-admits-he-is-cutti

It was clear yesterday. Sunak was insensitive and offensive. And in typical fashion has doubled down rather than having the courage and integrity to say "oops, I agree it wasnt the right thing to say in the circumstances. Apologies chaps".
How low can Sunak go? on 20:19 - Feb 8 with 1441 viewsMullet

I find it really telling that Tories seem to revert to cultist type behaviour and anyone who deviates is immediately left isolated it seems.

That moment however, was more a comment on the leaders' respective qualities as you highlight.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How low can Sunak go? on 20:24 - Feb 8 with 1426 viewsiamatractorboy

How low can Sunak go? on 15:55 - Feb 8 by matteoblue

And another one. The irony hangs heavy, sadly.

Hi, Alanis!
How low can Sunak go? on 20:37 - Feb 8 with 1376 viewsWhos_blue

Clearly that's nothing more than a faux act of human decency staged for the cameras.
Or something.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024