Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? 11:45 - Jan 24 with 1233 viewsFrimleyBlue

All focus is on the refs, obviously and rightly, however how on earth has the lino not seen this.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 11:57 - Jan 24 with 1156 viewsGuthrum

Are they not just Referees who rotate between the different positions (in the middle, running the lines, 4th official) on a match-by-match basis, thus subject to the same performace based promotions and demotions?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 11:59 - Jan 24 with 1145 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 11:57 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

Are they not just Referees who rotate between the different positions (in the middle, running the lines, 4th official) on a match-by-match basis, thus subject to the same performace based promotions and demotions?

I'm not sure actually, if that's the case then based on the recent officiating performances, that makes absolute sense. Probably one who last week had VAR to use

Waka waka eh eh

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 12:01 - Jan 24 with 1130 viewsTractorCam

No, referees and fourth officials are the same but linesman are their own entity.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 13:10 - Jan 24 with 1001 viewsReus30

Blatant dive. Not sure what the debate is.
Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 13:12 - Jan 24 with 990 viewsWickets

Too many linos think their job is just offside and throw ins
Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 13:15 - Jan 24 with 956 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Looks to me like he's deliberately dived over the keeper's legs.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 13:31 - Jan 24 with 894 viewsbrazil1982

Depends on the level. All Assistants will be fully qualified Refs, but may only ever be Assistant / Lino. It's certainly a mix further down the ladder (I done both at a very amateur level).
Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 13:53 - Jan 24 with 851 viewsVaughan8

I know the lino is closer than the camera but i can't tell if he's dived or not after watching it a few times.

So its not quite so obvious for me anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 14:11 - Jan 24 with 814 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 13:15 - Jan 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Looks to me like he's deliberately dived over the keeper's legs.

I think reasoning has to be thought about here, he's about to score, there's no need to dive.
If the ball was going out for a goal kick i'd say yeah maybe he has thrown himself into the keeper, but he's set up perfectly to score.

Waka waka eh eh

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 14:21 - Jan 24 with 787 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 14:11 - Jan 24 by FrimleyBlue

I think reasoning has to be thought about here, he's about to score, there's no need to dive.
If the ball was going out for a goal kick i'd say yeah maybe he has thrown himself into the keeper, but he's set up perfectly to score.

Maybe, but I think these days (sadly) a player's first thought in the box is to go over the keeper (legs or arms) and get a pen. Plus he's taking the ball a bit wide/tight, with a defender getting back, and has maybe overhit it. So not exactly an easy tap in. Hard to tell at this distance and from one camera angle, but my initial reaction was classic 'dive over the keepers legs, get a pen'.

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 14:27 - Jan 24 with 775 viewsHalifaxBlue

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 14:11 - Jan 24 by FrimleyBlue

The now infamous Jota incident is just one example of why, sadly, I don't think this is a strikers default mentality anymore.

While the reaction of player and staff tell me this was likely a pen, you can't tell anything from this camera.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 16:03 - Jan 24 with 678 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 14:21 - Jan 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Maybe, but I think these days (sadly) a player's first thought in the box is to go over the keeper (legs or arms) and get a pen. Plus he's taking the ball a bit wide/tight, with a defender getting back, and has maybe overhit it. So not exactly an easy tap in. Hard to tell at this distance and from one camera angle, but my initial reaction was classic 'dive over the keepers legs, get a pen'.

Come across this one, you've made me think twice about this now, Im still sure it's a pen, but you've got my trying to time the moment he moves in the air lol.

Waka waka eh eh

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 16:41 - Jan 24 with 639 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 16:03 - Jan 24 by FrimleyBlue

Come across this one, you've made me think twice about this now, Im still sure it's a pen, but you've got my trying to time the moment he moves in the air lol.

Still difficult to call, but if you stop it on 0:05 it looks to me like he's already going down before the keeper's legs get near him.

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 16:49 - Jan 24 with 616 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time for linesman to be relegated down leagues? on 16:41 - Jan 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Still difficult to call, but if you stop it on 0:05 it looks to me like he's already going down before the keeper's legs get near him.

I think it's fair enough now to say maybe not quite as straight forward as first seen. Fair play lino. Lol

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024