Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds penalty here 14:09 - Jan 21 with 3304 viewsMullet

Makes the one of two we didn't get at Rotherham interesting.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Leeds penalty here on 14:10 - Jan 21 with 2997 viewsHerbivore

Said on another thread, it's a penalty but not one we'd be likely to get.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leeds penalty here on 14:14 - Jan 21 with 2966 viewsMullet

Leeds penalty here on 14:10 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Yep, we've had a few calls not given for being soft but consistency is always dubious. Leeds at home and ref's crumble, all because some whippet-fiddler might lose another tooth in anger.

Leeds penalty here on 14:14 - Jan 21 with 2958 viewscbower

I agree we should have had several more penalties this season but that today was stonewall. Stupd defending with absolutely no need to do it. Pity, Preston had done a decent job. Not a great weekend for Town but both Saints (2nd half) and Leeds look far from invincible. A point tomorrow or maybe 3 would be great.

bluescouser

Leeds penalty here on 14:16 - Jan 21 with 2935 viewsHerbivore

Leeds penalty here on 14:14 - Jan 21 by Mullet

Yep, we've had a few calls not given for being soft but consistency is always dubious. Leeds at home and ref's crumble, all because some whippet-fiddler might lose another tooth in anger.

We've had a few that I would say are close to being stonewall not given as well. There is definitely a bias towards the recent PL sides. We've had one penalty, sides with similar attacking stats to us have had between 3 and 7 their way.

Leeds penalty here on 14:17 - Jan 21 with 2916 viewsWickets

Leeds penalty here on 14:10 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

But does the ball not bounce off his thigh onto his arm ?
Leeds penalty here on 14:18 - Jan 21 with 2902 viewsMullet

Leeds penalty here on 14:14 - Jan 21 by cbower

I agree we should have had several more penalties this season but that today was stonewall. Stupd defending with absolutely no need to do it. Pity, Preston had done a decent job. Not a great weekend for Town but both Saints (2nd half) and Leeds look far from invincible. A point tomorrow or maybe 3 would be great.

I've got no worry about Leeds, I just wanted to finish 30 points ahead of them instead of 10 or more.

It's just really noticeable how they get every decision at home and we've had several more obvious not given.

Leeds penalty here on 14:26 - Jan 21 with 2803 viewscbower

Leeds penalty here on 14:18 - Jan 21 by Mullet

I've got no worry about Leeds, I just wanted to finish 30 points ahead of them instead of 10 or more.

It's just really noticeable how they get every decision at home and we've had several more obvious not given.

It's an intimidating place, a very vocal crowd which can rattle teams as we well know.
Somehow, even with 29K, Portman Road doesn’t have that level of intimidation. That goes for players and referees too.Thought Preston's tactics were good. Far less open than we were at Elland Rd but still decent attacking intent for plenty of the game.

bluescouser

Leeds penalty here on 14:29 - Jan 21 with 2750 viewsHerbivore

Leeds penalty here on 14:17 - Jan 21 by Wickets

Didn't look like it to me to be honest, and in any case with his arm being that far from his body he's asking for trouble really.

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds penalty here on 14:31 - Jan 21 with 2718 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

Leeds penalty here on 14:29 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Didn't look like it to me to be honest, and in any case with his arm being that far from his body he's asking for trouble really.

Need to see the reverse angle, if it comes off his thigh it's 100% not a penalty, doesn't matter if the arm is in an unnatural position with the rules clarification that came in this season.
Leeds penalty here on 14:32 - Jan 21 with 2716 viewsEastTownBlue

Leeds penalty here on 14:17 - Jan 21 by Wickets

No.

The ball does appear to have taken an awkward bounce off the line though.
[Post edited 21 Jan 15:02]
Leeds penalty here on 14:46 - Jan 21 with 2620 viewsHerbivore

Leeds penalty here on 14:31 - Jan 21 by SouthfieldsBlue

Need to see the reverse angle, if it comes off his thigh it's 100% not a penalty, doesn't matter if the arm is in an unnatural position with the rules clarification that came in this season.

Seen a few angles and can't see it hitting his thigh, it's just an awkward bounce. For me it's a definite penalty but is one we almost certainly wouldn't get given our way.

Leeds penalty here on 14:58 - Jan 21 with 2528 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why on earth is his arm out there.

insanity.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Leeds penalty here on 15:09 - Jan 21 with 2469 viewsWhos_blue

Leeds penalty here on 14:16 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

We've had a few that I would say are close to being stonewall not given as well. There is definitely a bias towards the recent PL sides. We've had one penalty, sides with similar attacking stats to us have had between 3 and 7 their way.

Did any footage emerge of the Hutch pen claim last weekend?
Looked nailed on real time during the game, but it didn't feature in the highlights.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Leeds penalty here on 15:15 - Jan 21 with 2435 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Leeds striker is all over the defender outside the box,

There is minimal contact with the defender's arm that makes very little difference to the trajectory of the ball. For the referee to give that is rare. Technically a penalty but one of the softest I have seen given and much softer than about 6 not awarded for us this season.

Like Southampton yesterday, Leeds could easily have failed to win but they got the 3 points and that's all that matters. Now it's for us to go and get the 3 points tomorrow whether our overall performance will merit it or not.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leeds penalty here on 15:22 - Jan 21 with 2383 viewsHerbivore

Leeds penalty here on 15:09 - Jan 21 by Whos_blue

Did any footage emerge of the Hutch pen claim last weekend?
Looked nailed on real time during the game, but it didn't feature in the highlights.

There was some posted on here. Most thought it was a pen but some felt it was just a coming together. For me, it was a pen, but we don't get penalties.

Leeds penalty here on 15:44 - Jan 21 with 2283 viewsgringoblue

Leeds penalty here on 15:15 - Jan 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

There is minimal contact with the defender's arm that makes very little difference to the trajectory of the ball. For the referee to give that is rare. Technically a penalty but one of the softest I have seen given and much softer than about 6 not awarded for us this season.

Like Southampton yesterday, Leeds could easily have failed to win but they got the 3 points and that's all that matters. Now it's for us to go and get the 3 points tomorrow whether our overall performance will merit it or not.

It is clear foul by Rodon, although the Ref's view is blocked, who has a handful of the Preston player's shirt at the back of his neck to stop him from jumping and hauls him down. Then the ball takes a weird deviation off the line and hits the arm.
Leeds penalty here on 20:10 - Jan 21 with 1961 viewsBluespeed225

think the defender doing a little movement with his arm after the ball had hit him didn't help. It was a kind of 'no, no, i didn't touch it with my hand, nobody noticed'
Leeds penalty here on 21:36 - Jan 21 with 1777 viewsVegtablue

Leeds penalty here on 14:32 - Jan 21 by EastTownBlue

No.

The ball does appear to have taken an awkward bounce off the line though.
[Post edited 21 Jan 15:02]

It's taken a dodgy wind bounce, was playing havoc with the ball all game 😔
Leeds penalty here on 21:44 - Jan 21 with 1746 viewstownblue

Leeds penalty here on 14:58 - Jan 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

insanity.

Because footballers don't run around like subbuteo players.
Leeds penalty here on 21:58 - Jan 21 with 1697 viewsEireannach_gorm

Leeds penalty here on 14:58 - Jan 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

insanity.

He appeared to be trying to take it on his chest and the ball came off the ground at the wrong angle.
Leeds penalty here on 00:15 - Jan 22 with 1568 viewsitfctilidie

Leeds penalty here on 15:15 - Jan 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

This. It is not a penalty because the Preston player is fouled outside the box prior to the handball
Leeds penalty here on 10:43 - Jan 22 with 1189 viewsCLYDE

Leeds penalty here on 14:18 - Jan 21 by Mullet

Is this the Leeds that put 8 past us in the two games? Not worried?
What planet are you from then?
Leeds penalty here on 10:47 - Jan 22 with 1176 viewsWickets

Leeds penalty here on 00:15 - Jan 22 by itfctilidie

This. It is not a penalty because the Preston player is fouled outside the box prior to the handball

Yes your right but fouls are often missed and have read both the Preston player and manager are saying the ball hit his body then onto his arm as i thought in the first place . Best forgotten swings and roundabouts i suppose . Big night tonight hope we get some luck .
Leeds penalty here on 10:51 - Jan 22 with 1153 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Leeds penalty here on 10:43 - Jan 22 by CLYDE

Is this the Leeds that put 8 past us in the two games? Not worried?
What planet are you from then?

7 posts, all of them about Leeds. Lovely stuff

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Leeds penalty here on 13:32 - Jan 22 with 964 viewsCLYDE

Leeds penalty here on 10:51 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

7 posts, all of them about Leeds. Lovely stuff

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024