Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? 21:57 - Dec 19 with 1492 viewsunstableblue

He's a great young manager and has proven he can go toe to toe with our own maestro.

And whilst there's noise about Stoke's summer transfers and the quality of the squad, perhaps it is only the 15th (via the questionable TransferMarket valuation)? and doesn't give him the 'unfulfilled' potential some think to quickly turnaround and get flying.

I mean Stoke are above Ipswich (19th), and well above Plymouth (22nd in that valuation).

Indeed, via the recent Planet Football wages estimation Stoke's squad quality rates higher (7th – £18,340,000), against Ipswich, 16th, £11,378,000 and Plymouth 24th, £6,060,000.

Can Schumacher make an immediate impact get more from a much better squad than his current, and mount a play-off challenge? they'll need to get going very soon.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 22:01 - Dec 19 with 1445 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s Stoke. The parallel I’d draw is that the Jamaican Olympics team and Usain Bolt’s trainer, Glen Mills, was a great coach. But if he worked with me, I still wouldn’t be breaking records any time soon. Ultimately, they’re Stoke and nothing can change that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 22:04 - Dec 19 with 1417 viewsFrimleyBlue

No. He hasn't got whittacker. He's fked.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 22:17 - Dec 19 with 1345 viewsunstableblue

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 22:01 - Dec 19 by Swansea_Blue

It’s Stoke. The parallel I’d draw is that the Jamaican Olympics team and Usain Bolt’s trainer, Glen Mills, was a great coach. But if he worked with me, I still wouldn’t be breaking records any time soon. Ultimately, they’re Stoke and nothing can change that.

Hang on Swansea.. hold your horses

Stoke signed all of the below in what was described as:

"Stoke City have never seen a summer like it.

There have been 37 transfer deals in and out in this window, with 18 signings – including one who has already left – as Alex Neil and his recruitment team have completely rebuilt the first team squad. Three came in on deadline day: Lynden Gooch, Sead Hakšabanović and Junior Tchamadeu."

Cook did something similar, he was lacking, and they didn't gel. McKenna came in and the rest is history.

Let's see. Just another angle to this brilliant Championship season.

Summer signings

Enda Stevens - Sheffield United, free

Ben Pearson - Bournemouth, undisclosed

Andre Vidigal - Maritimo, undisclosed

Daniel Johnson - Preston, free

Ryan Mmaee - Ferencvaros, undisclosed

Wesley Moraes - Aston Villa, undisclosed

Michael Rose - Coventry, free

Chiquinho - Wolves, loan

Ki-Jana Hoever - Wolves, loan

Mark Travers - Bournemouth, loan

Luke McNally - Burnley, loan

Nikola Jojic – Mladost Lucani, undisclosed

Mehdi Leris – Sampdoria, undisclosed

Wouter Burger – FC Basel, undisclosed

Bae Junho – Daejeon Hana Citizen, undisclosed

Lynden Gooch – Sunderland, undisclosed

Sead Hakšabanović – Celtic, loan

Junior Tchamadeu – Colchester United, undisclosed

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 22:18 - Dec 19 with 1331 viewsBigCommon

If you liken it to when KM took over here.. Then he's got some dead wood to identify and get rid of.. And at the same time, needs an instant impact on the pitch to win over both, players and supporters... I think there's too much traffic to jump into the play offs. But he could still get them going at a steady rate, give their fans a glimmer of hope and get things in order, for a big push next season. Best case scenario, imo

Worst case scenario, they never get going, finish just outside the bottom 3. And he'll be gone in The Summer...

Personally think, he's a good enough coach to get something going before the end of the season. Stay in a job, and have a go next season..
Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 22:41 - Dec 19 with 1241 viewsJ2BLUE

Those figures are so pointless.

Davis is worth about that on his own. At least.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 22:46 - Dec 19 with 1202 viewsIllinoisblue

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 22:41 - Dec 19 by J2BLUE

So very pointless. Those valuations are about as interesting as lottery numbers from three years ago on a week you didn’t even win a tenner.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 23:00 - Dec 19 with 1110 viewsunstableblue

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 22:41 - Dec 19 by J2BLUE

They’re the wage bills J2 not the valuations

Whilst I agree the figures will be inaccurate. I don’t think you can argue that Stoke have a higher paid and (at the start of the season) higher valued squad.

And for me that just emphasises again what a fantastic job McKenna has done.

When you then compare to the wage bill and squad valuations of Leicester and Leeds, you realise how Ipswich have performed this season, well it’s bloody incredible

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 23:26 - Dec 19 with 1034 viewsHighgateBlue

Frankly I hope they finish below Plymouth. I hate it when a manager leaves a supposedly smaller team for one which is allegedly bigger but lower in the table.

Stoke had some success for a period by winning ugly. Nothing especially against them, but Plymouth have played some good football, are clearly well run - they've thrived under more than just one manager, and have made their home ground a real fortress for their fans. I have a bit of a soft spot for them (underlined by the fact that they are confirming this season exactly what we hoped they would - we are clearly superior than them against better teams).
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 23:35 - Dec 19 with 1005 viewsExiled2Surrey

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 23:26 - Dec 19 by HighgateBlue

Frankly I hope they finish below Plymouth. I hate it when a manager leaves a supposedly smaller team for one which is allegedly bigger but lower in the table.

Stoke had some success for a period by winning ugly. Nothing especially against them, but Plymouth have played some good football, are clearly well run - they've thrived under more than just one manager, and have made their home ground a real fortress for their fans. I have a bit of a soft spot for them (underlined by the fact that they are confirming this season exactly what we hoped they would - we are clearly superior than them against better teams).

Agreed - not upset about what has happened with Warne at Derby. I think that is the more likely trajectory. But if they do get it going and start taking points off our rivals, so much the better
Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 07:48 - Dec 20 with 661 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I guess the question is will he be given sufficient time to make something of a team of individuals- they seem to be the type of owners who will sack their manager at the first sign of a winless streak.

A very risky move for him, as for Alex Neil - the move from a bigger club (Sunderland) to Stoke looks even worse now!
Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 08:41 - Dec 20 with 551 viewstractorboy1978

Stoke 13 points off the play-offs - could Schumy do it? on 07:48 - Dec 20 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I guess the question is will he be given sufficient time to make something of a team of individuals- they seem to be the type of owners who will sack their manager at the first sign of a winless streak.

A very risky move for him, as for Alex Neil - the move from a bigger club (Sunderland) to Stoke looks even worse now!

Don't think that is true at all. Neil had 66 games there with a win rate of 33% and finished 16th last season. O'Neill before him had 143 games. Jones got 38 games despite only winning 6 of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024