Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence 16:56 - Dec 10 with 2742 viewsIllinoisblue

And has paid a PR firm to make a film saying she’s innocent. Certainly seems convincing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 17:00 - Dec 10 with 2708 viewsMullet

There isn't a cell good enough for these lot.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 17:03 - Dec 10 with 2686 viewsBlueBadger

The money was just resting in her account.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 17:19 - Dec 10 with 2632 viewsKeno

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 17:03 - Dec 10 by BlueBadger

The money was just resting in her account.

She realises she made a boob

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 19:09 - Dec 10 with 2517 viewsnoggin

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 17:19 - Dec 10 by Keno

Good to see you keeping a breast of the situation Keno.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 19:28 - Dec 10 with 2470 viewsGeoffSentence

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 17:19 - Dec 10 by Keno

Bravo!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 19:48 - Dec 10 with 2441 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 21:22 - Dec 10 with 2255 viewsMattinLondon

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 19:48 - Dec 10 by Steve_M

Amazing how many people regret their actions only after getting caught.
I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 08:29 - Dec 11 with 2069 viewsChurchman

From the FT

https://www.ft.com/content/3e40e240-3128-4abb-85a8-3cd9445cab9a

Assuming is not made up a rather succinct summary. Apologising for getting caught is no apology, as other posters rightly have said.
Login to get fewer ads

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 09:12 - Dec 11 with 1992 viewsHerbivore

The wealthy will always be primarily concerned with how they can protect their position and continue to grow their wealth by fair means or foul. Just one of the many reasons we should not allow such wild inequality to exist, it corrupts those at the top as thoroughly as it impoverishes those at the bottom.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 09:27 - Dec 11 with 1954 viewsDJR

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 09:12 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

The wealthy will always be primarily concerned with how they can protect their position and continue to grow their wealth by fair means or foul. Just one of the many reasons we should not allow such wild inequality to exist, it corrupts those at the top as thoroughly as it impoverishes those at the bottom.

Sadly, neither main party has any real intention of doing anything about this

By way of example, a top rate council tax band of £1824.10 in Westminister is scandalous given the average house price in the borough for the year to October 2023 was £1,780,884, according to Rightmove. If nothing else, increasing the top rate bands would appear to me to be an easy target, but Labour just doesn't seem to want to go there.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 9:30]
I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 09:39 - Dec 11 with 1920 viewsbournemouthblue

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 09:27 - Dec 11 by DJR

Sadly, neither main party has any real intention of doing anything about this

By way of example, a top rate council tax band of £1824.10 in Westminister is scandalous given the average house price in the borough for the year to October 2023 was £1,780,884, according to Rightmove. If nothing else, increasing the top rate bands would appear to me to be an easy target, but Labour just doesn't seem to want to go there.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 9:30]

Labour does want to go after people who benefitted from CoVid fraud, not that that relates to your point here

It's the valuations office who calculate tax band prices, that does seem awfully low though, that's way lower than what we pay in Ipswich!

Council Tax 2023-24

Band A £1,436.46
Band B £1,675.87
Band C £1,915.28
Band D £2,154.69
Band E £2,633.51
Band F £3,112.33
Band G £3,591.15
Band H £4,309.38

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 10:20 - Dec 11 with 1859 viewsDanTheMan

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 08:29 - Dec 11 by Churchman

From the FT

https://www.ft.com/content/3e40e240-3128-4abb-85a8-3cd9445cab9a

Assuming is not made up a rather succinct summary. Apologising for getting caught is no apology, as other posters rightly have said.

Asked in the documentary if she made any financial gain through her ties to PPE Medpro, Mone said: “What my husband decided to do after the event, and who benefits from that, is at his discretion. I am his wife and I may indirectly benefit, but that’s just like all other families.”

Amazing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 10:29 - Dec 11 with 1825 viewsDJR

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 09:39 - Dec 11 by bournemouthblue

Labour does want to go after people who benefitted from CoVid fraud, not that that relates to your point here

It's the valuations office who calculate tax band prices, that does seem awfully low though, that's way lower than what we pay in Ipswich!

Council Tax 2023-24

Band A £1,436.46
Band B £1,675.87
Band C £1,915.28
Band D £2,154.69
Band E £2,633.51
Band F £3,112.33
Band G £3,591.15
Band H £4,309.38

I think it's known as "Screw the poor.", and surely is something Labour ought to do something about.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-10152779/Council-tax-a

As it is, Mrs Thatcher managed to replace a progressive tax (rates) with a more regressive and unfair tax (council tax). But I suppose we can be grateful that the poll tax (even more regressive) didn't survive.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 11:13]
I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 12:02 - Dec 11 with 1723 viewsOldFart71

Anyone watch the LC show on Sunday . Gove was on it, stating that Government contracts weren't dished out to mates. Do me a favour. Why for instance were fledgeling Companies who all of a sudden appeared given Government contracts to procure PPE when established Companies were bypassed ? One reason we are all paying the highest taxes ever because the Tories wasted billions.
I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 19:34 - Dec 11 with 1582 viewsbournemouthblue

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 10:29 - Dec 11 by DJR

I think it's known as "Screw the poor.", and surely is something Labour ought to do something about.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-10152779/Council-tax-a

As it is, Mrs Thatcher managed to replace a progressive tax (rates) with a more regressive and unfair tax (council tax). But I suppose we can be grateful that the poll tax (even more regressive) didn't survive.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 11:13]

Whatever formula the valuations office calculate, it's madness that Westminster is so much cheaper than Ipswich as an example

How on earth do they get away with that one?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 21:57 - Dec 11 with 1486 viewsSwansea_Blue

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 12:02 - Dec 11 by OldFart71

Anyone watch the LC show on Sunday . Gove was on it, stating that Government contracts weren't dished out to mates. Do me a favour. Why for instance were fledgeling Companies who all of a sudden appeared given Government contracts to procure PPE when established Companies were bypassed ? One reason we are all paying the highest taxes ever because the Tories wasted billions.

Yep. If Gove told me I was on fire, I’d make sure to ask someone else before doing anything about it. He’s one of the most duplicitous of the lot of them, which is saying something. I’ve never understood the praise he gets. Seemingly because he doesn’t bully those under him and he actually turns up, that makes him good in some people’s eyes. He’s a scheming little shi*weasel who’s caused havoc. Education is in a right mess largely because of him. And now they’re free of the shackles of EU regulation, were started to see the real him come out in environmental thinking (e.g. the recent debacle over ignoring the extra sewage generated from housing developments).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 01:00 - Dec 12 with 1433 viewsEireannach_gorm

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 08:04 - Dec 12 with 1347 viewsHerbivore

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 21:57 - Dec 11 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. If Gove told me I was on fire, I’d make sure to ask someone else before doing anything about it. He’s one of the most duplicitous of the lot of them, which is saying something. I’ve never understood the praise he gets. Seemingly because he doesn’t bully those under him and he actually turns up, that makes him good in some people’s eyes. He’s a scheming little shi*weasel who’s caused havoc. Education is in a right mess largely because of him. And now they’re free of the shackles of EU regulation, were started to see the real him come out in environmental thinking (e.g. the recent debacle over ignoring the extra sewage generated from housing developments).

I think he now fancies that once the Tories have finished eating themselves alive he might be the only one left standing. Interesting yesterday seeing all the different tory factions releasing statements about the Rwanda bill as though they aren't all meant to be part of a functioning government 🤦
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 9:06]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 08:23 - Dec 12 with 1300 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I see Baroness Mone is pleading her innocence on 12:02 - Dec 11 by OldFart71

I didn't see the show (but didn't need to). I work in the NHS and was part of our Trust's innovations and creations" committee, evaluating the weird and wonderful products and inventions that were arriving daily at our goods in department during Covid. Because the government couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, Trusts were left to evaluate products themselves, and it was clear that most of the things being sent to us, including most form the government supplies, were totally unfit for purpose.

But the bigger question is "Where did all the money go?" All capitalist governments are guilty but none have been anywhere near as bad as this lot. All you need to do is look around at how many billionaires and multi-millionaires we have now. The country is in a shocking state - total lack of funding for hospitals, schools, and all public services. The railways are totally under-invested, water and sewage infrastructure is broken, roads are shocking, Town and city centres as we knew them are now becoming havens for £1 shops and betting shops. Why? Because the government has a dogmatic belief that smart people just get everything they possibly can, including evasion, cheating and lying, out of "the system", and it is stupid people who do a fair day's work. That ideology is exemplified by the ministers themselves who used Covid as a means to get themselves and their buddies rich at the expense of ordinary working people.
In total, billions upon countless billions have gone to undeserving cheats and frauds, and the country is now in a total mess because of it. I can't see Labour having the guts to prosecute many of the culprits.....

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024