Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do 11:47 - Oct 24 with 3444 viewsNthQldITFC

to live in and fit in with modern society, have a watch of this or one of many similar quiet and satisfying 'build a shelter in the forest' videos. This one's got a cute puppy for added pleasantness.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:20 - Oct 24 with 2983 viewsRyorry

Great - if you own a forest ...

If you don't, being chased by an angry landowner (possibly waving a shotgun in your direction) is likely to increase, not decrease, your stress levels!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:25 - Oct 24 with 2956 viewsHerbivore

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:20 - Oct 24 by Ryorry

If you don't, being chased by an angry landowner (possibly waving a shotgun in your direction) is likely to increase, not decrease, your stress levels!

The private ownership of large swathes of wild land is one of the biggest swindles going in our society.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:31 - Oct 24 with 2928 viewsPendejo

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:20 - Oct 24 by Ryorry

I thought it's location will be compromised when the snow melts and / or it rains.

It's at the bottom of a gully, people will insist on building on flood plains.

Even if on common land some NIMBY type would find a way of objecting, due bailiffs

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:35 - Oct 24 with 2909 viewsNthQldITFC

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:31 - Oct 24 by Pendejo

I thought it's location will be compromised when the snow melts and / or it rains.

It's at the bottom of a gully, people will insist on building on flood plains.

Even if on common land some NIMBY type would find a way of objecting, due bailiffs

I thought that too, but then his twine looked biodegradable and I presume he carries his glass pane around with him, so it's all good really. Move on and leave no permanent trace.

Loved the log internal fire thingy, very clever, presumably quite controllable too.

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:39 - Oct 24 with 2897 viewsleitrimblue

I own a small forest (a very small half fallen over forest) but yer welcome to build a small forest shelter in it.
If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:42 - Oct 24 with 2874 viewsDanTheMan

Looks like this guy really knows what he is doing.

It reminds me a little of the unfortunate case of Chris McCandless who had no idea what he was doing but attempted the same thing with fatal consequences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_McCandless

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:42 - Oct 24 with 2873 viewsSwansea_Blue

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:39 - Oct 24 by leitrimblue

I own a small forest (a very small half fallen over forest) but yer welcome to build a small forest shelter in it.

I own 3 trees (and one of them has half fallen over). I'm not sure if that counts as a forest.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:46 - Oct 24 with 2855 viewsRyorry

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:39 - Oct 24 by leitrimblue

Login to get fewer ads

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:46 - Oct 24 with 2854 viewsleitrimblue

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:42 - Oct 24 by Swansea_Blue

I own 3 trees (and one of them has half fallen over). I'm not sure if that counts as a forest.

I couldn't accuratly count how many I have, which I believe is the unofficial definition of a forest. I spend half my time cutting down half fallen trees.
If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:51 - Oct 24 with 2828 viewsRyorry

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:46 - Oct 24 by leitrimblue

I couldn't accuratly count how many I have, which I believe is the unofficial definition of a forest. I spend half my time cutting down half fallen trees.

And all in a beaut outdoors environment without any gym fees :)

"He warms himself twice who cuts his own wood".

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/388302/when-was-the-first-print-usag

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:58 - Oct 24 with 2797 viewsNthQldITFC

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:46 - Oct 24 by leitrimblue

Makes me wonder whether you could spend all of your time cutting down un-fallen trees, or none of you time cutting down trees which are couchant? I suppose you could but then again I have managed, once more, to confuse myself.

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 13:21 - Oct 24 with 2680 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 13:23 - Oct 24 with 2675 viewsleitrimblue

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:58 - Oct 24 by NthQldITFC

Makes me wonder whether you could spend all of your time cutting down un-fallen trees, or none of you time cutting down trees which are couchant? I suppose you could but then again I have managed, once more, to confuse myself.

Obviously I am way to confused to answer. But I did enjoy your use of couchant and plan to use it way more often. Had to Google its meaning as thought he may be a way of describing an ant slouching on a sofa
If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 13:32 - Oct 24 with 2641 viewsNthQldITFC

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 13:23 - Oct 24 by leitrimblue

Obviously I am way to confused to answer. But I did enjoy your use of couchant and plan to use it way more often. Had to Google its meaning as thought he may be a way of describing an ant slouching on a sofa

I must admit I get confused with that one myself, and had to check before using. The other one I can never remember is whether Marmite is a termite with long, blonde hair and the body of a fish, or a yeast extract spread.

Can't quite decide whether I love that definition or hate it.

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 15:11 - Oct 24 with 2508 viewsOldFart71

We had thought of moving to Canada a few years ago, so I contacted a realtor called Tradewinds who sent me houses available on a regular basis. One house in particular stands out. It was a farmouse, with stables and 100 acres of land for £81,000 in our money. Probably forest though and i don't know if the area was affected by the recent fires.
If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 15:19 - Oct 24 with 2492 viewsWeWereZombies

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 12:42 - Oct 24 by DanTheMan

Looks like this guy really knows what he is doing.

It reminds me a little of the unfortunate case of Chris McCandless who had no idea what he was doing but attempted the same thing with fatal consequences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_McCandless

He knew what he was doing to some extent, and did a fair amount of preparation. But he had set himself a huge task and made two errors, he took no account of the river being in full spate when he wanted to leave which left him confined to his van, and then he misidentified one plant which, when ingested, blocked off the blood supply yo his heart (if I remember the film correctly.) Other than that I think he made a decent fist of survival...apart from the not surviving bit of course.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 15:29 - Oct 24 with 2471 viewsWeWereZombies

You don't need to build your own shelter, just stay in a bothy. There are a few near you on the Penine Way and if you want ones in a forest get up to Kielder. But don't stay more than a couple of weeks, we have our duties to the landowners who kindly provide these refuges. And please take rubbish away with you and refrain from cutting live trees for firewood.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 16:08 - Oct 24 with 2381 viewsJ2BLUE

I love watching these as well.

There are some great ones on Youtube in all weathers. Very clever. I like to play something like this or one of the walking channels while i'm working. I have a tablet mounted above my laptop in my home office. Helps feel a little less closed in during the day.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 16:56 - Oct 24 with 2317 viewsronnyd

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 15:11 - Oct 24 by OldFart71

We had thought of moving to Canada a few years ago, so I contacted a realtor called Tradewinds who sent me houses available on a regular basis. One house in particular stands out. It was a farmouse, with stables and 100 acres of land for £81,000 in our money. Probably forest though and i don't know if the area was affected by the recent fires.

Watch out for Grizzlies.
If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 17:18 - Oct 24 with 2283 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 15:29 - Oct 24 by WeWereZombies

You don't need to build your own shelter, just stay in a bothy. There are a few near you on the Penine Way and if you want ones in a forest get up to Kielder. But don't stay more than a couple of weeks, we have our duties to the landowners who kindly provide these refuges. And please take rubbish away with you and refrain from cutting live trees for firewood.

A bothy is all well and good if you're part of a couple.

We need more singlies to meet the needs of unaccompanied people.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 17:51 - Oct 24 with 2237 viewsfactual_blue

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 16:56 - Oct 24 by ronnyd

Watch out for Grizzlies.

The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.
They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.
Visitors should also carry a pepper spray can just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.
It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear poo so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear poo.
Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 17:59 - Oct 24 with 2204 viewsRyorry

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 15:29 - Oct 24 by WeWereZombies

Of course. Leave no trace etc. And probably a couple of nights would do me & the mutt 👍 Thanks for the tip.

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 18:02 - Oct 24 with 2201 viewsfactual_blue

Without watching the recording, that looks like a bunker from a WW1 trench.

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 18:05 - Oct 24 with 2193 viewsRyorry

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 18:02 - Oct 24 by factual_blue

Without watching the recording, that looks like a bunker from a WW1 trench.

Personal experience?

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 18:09 - Oct 24 with 2180 viewsfactual_blue

If anyone else is feeling pissed off with the stuff we 'have' to do on 18:05 - Oct 24 by Ryorry

Personal experience?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024