Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mary Earps 12:53 - Aug 20 with 2254 viewsChrisd

This women has to be the best keeper in the women’s game. Always impressed with how she keeps, invariably doesn’t do anything flash, does her job without creating issues. Her handling always seems so secure. Just so dependable.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mary Earps on 12:53 - Aug 20 with 2238 viewspointofblue

Earps is the only England player who has shown up today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mary Earps on 13:00 - Aug 20 with 2185 viewsITFC_Forever

And you can’t buy her shirt. Madness.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mary Earps on 13:01 - Aug 20 with 2178 viewshomer_123

Mary Earps on 12:53 - Aug 20 by pointofblue

Earps is the only England player who has shown up today.

Carter has been excellent

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If you're a girl that can catch a football.... on 13:04 - Aug 20 with 2162 viewsBloots

....you're in the top three.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 14:09]

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Mary Earps on 13:04 - Aug 20 with 2158 viewspointofblue

Mary Earps on 13:01 - Aug 20 by homer_123

Better than I expected but I wouldn’t say excellent.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mary Earps on 13:41 - Aug 20 with 2048 viewsronnyd

Good save but, she moved well before the kick was taken. Should have been a retake and surprised that lino or VAR didn't call it.
Mary Earps on 13:50 - Aug 20 with 2021 viewsITFC_Forever

Mary Earps on 13:41 - Aug 20 by ronnyd

Good save but, she moved well before the kick was taken. Should have been a retake and surprised that lino or VAR didn't call it.

You can move where and how you like as long as you don’t go forward.

She did a bit though, so I thought it might have been retaken.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mary Earps on 13:51 - Aug 20 with 2013 viewsRyorry

Exactly - had been wondering if I was the only one who thought that!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

Mary Earps on 13:53 - Aug 20 with 2002 viewsstrikalite

She reminds me of Pickford as a keeper, vocal like him too..
Mary Earps on 13:56 - Aug 20 with 1979 viewsSE1blue

Well the referee wasn’t going to spot it. She had lost control of much the match by that point.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Mary Earps on 13:57 - Aug 20 with 1970 viewsEdwardStone

Mary Earps on 13:01 - Aug 20 by homer_123

Unstoppable

Mary Earps on 15:34 - Aug 20 with 1845 viewsEastTownBlue

One foot was level with the line so VAR didn’t have an issue with it. A bit like run outs in cricket, it is a split second decision so it is difficult to call without technology.
Mary Earps on 22:04 - Aug 20 with 1688 viewsGrandpa

I used to be a goalkeeper, not a professional, but at decent levels, with coaching from names I'm not going to drop, but I disagree
I'm not convinced at all that women's goalkeeping is quite where it ought to be
Australia's equaliser in the semi final is a perfect example, she just wasn't set
Basic
Mary Earps on 11:23 - Aug 21 with 1452 viewsitfcjoe

Mary Earps on 22:04 - Aug 20 by Grandpa

I used to be a goalkeeper, not a professional, but at decent levels, with coaching from names I'm not going to drop, but I disagree
I'm not convinced at all that women's goalkeeping is quite where it ought to be
Australia's equaliser in the semi final is a perfect example, she just wasn't set
Basic

I don't think it's fair - the big issue is that the goals are too big for the women players so there are high shots that are just unsaveable with any normal level of positioning.

Really, when you look at average height between men and women, and at what age boys overtake women (i.e. 14), then their height is much more suited to a 7ft goal rather than 8ft.

You can't really change it as just means they wouldn't have the facility to play, so this is just something that has to be remembered when looking at things.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mary Earps on 12:21 - Aug 21 with 1384 viewsthe_toff

Mary Earps on 11:23 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

I don't think it's fair - the big issue is that the goals are too big for the women players so there are high shots that are just unsaveable with any normal level of positioning.

Really, when you look at average height between men and women, and at what age boys overtake women (i.e. 14), then their height is much more suited to a 7ft goal rather than 8ft.

You can't really change it as just means they wouldn't have the facility to play, so this is just something that has to be remembered when looking at things.

I think that's right. When you're looking for a a tall woman who can play football vs a tall bloke who can play football you're fishing in a much smaller pond.

I was impressed with the England team in the semi final, thought they played some lovely stuff. They've done really well to get to the final and certainly done themselves and the country proud. That said, I thought the performance yesterday was poor, especially 1st half.
Mary Earps on 13:07 - Aug 21 with 1284 viewsRyorry

Mary Earps on 11:23 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

Was just thinking exactly the same.

Don't think Earps was even England's tallest player btw - Bright looked taller when I saw them side by side y'day.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Mary Earps on 14:30 - Aug 21 with 1187 viewsSaleAway

Mary Earps on 13:07 - Aug 21 by Ryorry

Was just thinking exactly the same.

Don't think Earps was even England's tallest player btw - Bright looked taller when I saw them side by side y'day.

Earps is 5'8".... I read that the majority ( 85% I think) of premier league goalkeepers were in the range 6'2-6'4.... that's a big difference there, then when you include the commensurate difference in arm length as well, you're looking at up to possibly a foot less total reach.... that's a big difference when it comes to picking stuff out of the corners!

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024