Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent chain restaurant burger news 08:15 - Aug 1 with 2572 viewsLord_Lucan

I was told yesterday there is a Wendy’s on the A12 near Colchester’s football stadium.

This is positive A12 snacking news.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 08:16 - Aug 1 with 2547 viewsSitfcB

Yeah opened a couple of weeks ago, was going to try it out last week before the game but didn’t get the chance, someone on here must have had a go…?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 08:23 - Aug 1 with 2497 viewsSarge

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 08:16 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

Yeah opened a couple of weeks ago, was going to try it out last week before the game but didn’t get the chance, someone on here must have had a go…?

I’ve been to the one in Reading. It’s ok. I would say pretty much on a par with Burger King but probably wouldn’t go out of my way to get another one.
Decent chain restaurant burger news on 08:32 - Aug 1 with 2465 viewsgeg1992

I went before the game and rated it highly.

Bit more expensive than Burger King, less expensive than Five Guys, and fits between them in terms of taste for me.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 15:04 - Aug 1 with 2229 viewsPerublue

I am sure they had one close to the Embankment tube back in the 80´s ... never really took off in the UK like dunkin donuts or Chilis ,although I think the former has attempted a comeback since I left blighty.
funny thing I discovered in americaland is that KFC is not as universal over there like in the UK its mainly a Southern states chain like waffle house.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 15:25]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 15:24 - Aug 1 with 2185 viewsDJR

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 15:04 - Aug 1 by Perublue

I am sure they had one close to the Embankment tube back in the 80´s ... never really took off in the UK like dunkin donuts or Chilis ,although I think the former has attempted a comeback since I left blighty.
funny thing I discovered in americaland is that KFC is not as universal over there like in the UK its mainly a Southern states chain like waffle house.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 15:25]

I think they were dotted about the mainline stations, and there was one at Charing Cross. From recollection, the burgers were pretty awful at that time, and worse than the other chains.
Decent chain restaurant burger news on 15:26 - Aug 1 with 2166 viewsPerublue

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 15:24 - Aug 1 by DJR

I think they were dotted about the mainline stations, and there was one at Charing Cross. From recollection, the burgers were pretty awful at that time, and worse than the other chains.

Indeed much like the aptly named Wimpy

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 15:37 - Aug 1 with 2135 viewsthatbdude

I cheked their website out to look at the locations, it's nice to see them opening up in all these major cities like Brighton, Sheffield and Wisbech

Poll: Who going down?

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 15:41 - Aug 1 with 2122 viewschicoazul

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 08:32 - Aug 1 by geg1992

Bit more expensive than Burger King, less expensive than Five Guys, and fits between them in terms of taste for me.

I almost had a stroke when they told me how much my order was in Five Guys. Fck that place.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 15:52 - Aug 1 with 2076 viewshype313

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 08:32 - Aug 1 by geg1992

Rick Steins restaurants are less expensive than 5 Guys.

5 Guys is an absolute stitch up for a standard burger.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 16:33 - Aug 1 with 2023 viewsLord_Lucan

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 08:23 - Aug 1 by Sarge

I’ve been to the one in Reading. It’s ok. I would say pretty much on a par with Burger King but probably wouldn’t go out of my way to get another one.

I used to like them when they were in force back in the day, I even went out of my way to get one.

I think Sutton was the last one to go (or one of them) and I was working out of London at the time. I made an effort to work Sutton as frequently as I could.

Apparently their breakfasts are good but I've never had one.

I don't eat McDonalds or Burger King, ditto Tim Hortons, but I would go for a Wendys, no problem.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 16:36 - Aug 1 with 2009 viewsGeoffSentence

Some of the locals are up in arms, it's cashless.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/23687297.wendys-cashless-restaurant-draws-cr

I trust you aren't a 'luddite dinosaur'

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 16:38 - Aug 1 with 1999 viewsLord_Lucan

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 16:36 - Aug 1 by GeoffSentence

Some of the locals are up in arms, it's cashless.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/23687297.wendys-cashless-restaurant-draws-cr

I trust you aren't a 'luddite dinosaur'

I don't carry cash as it happens.

I'm the bloke without a coin for the shipping trolly at Aldi.

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 16:48 - Aug 1 with 1956 viewsLord_Lucan

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 15:24 - Aug 1 by DJR

Are you sure you are not getting confused with Casey Jones?

Casey Jones used to have places on all the stations and weren't the best.

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 16:52 - Aug 1 with 1928 viewsPerublue

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 16:48 - Aug 1 by Lord_Lucan

Ahhh...Casey Jones....they've been gone too long.....

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 17:06 - Aug 1 with 1884 viewsDJR

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 16:48 - Aug 1 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, they also ring a bell for their awfulness, and maybe Wendy's weren't at all mainline stations, but I am sure there was a Wendy's at Charing Cross station.

From what I can recall, the burgers were just pretty tasteless but maybe having had a few beers, and catching the last train, made a difference.
Decent chain restaurant burger news on 17:15 - Aug 1 with 1861 viewsLord_Lucan

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 17:06 - Aug 1 by DJR

Yes, they also ring a bell for their awfulness, and maybe Wendy's weren't at all mainline stations, but I am sure there was a Wendy's at Charing Cross station.

From what I can recall, the burgers were just pretty tasteless but maybe having had a few beers, and catching the last train, made a difference.

You are gonna have to try one now!

The main way to remember is that Wendys burgers are square.

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 17:19 - Aug 1 with 1846 viewsMattinLondon

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 15:41 - Aug 1 by chicoazul

I almost had a stroke when they told me how much my order was in Five Guys. Fck that place.

You didn’t think to look at the menu before you ordered?
Decent chain restaurant burger news on 17:20 - Aug 1 with 1842 viewsLord_Lucan

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 16:52 - Aug 1 by Perublue

Ahhh...Casey Jones....they've been gone too long.....

Casey Jones used to do a breakfast one called The Flying Start, at the time when I was around 18 I thought they were great.

[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 17:22]

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 17:28 - Aug 1 with 1820 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Had my first Wendy’s in the US this year - didn’t realise there was one in Colchester, seriously exciting news. Bizarrely there is one in Wisbech of all places, I imagine most of the locals take their siblings there for date night.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 17:38]
Decent chain restaurant burger news on 19:28 - Aug 1 with 1683 viewsThe_Realist_09

Went after the game, it was decent, especially the fries, but took around 45 mins to get our order and it didn't even seem overly busy.
Decent chain restaurant burger news on 08:14 - Aug 2 with 1393 viewsGeoffSentence

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 17:20 - Aug 1 by Lord_Lucan

Casey Jones used to do a breakfast one called The Flying Start, at the time when I was around 18 I thought they were great.

[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 17:22]

I can say with a high level of confidence, that it would not have looked as crisp and fresh as that in real life.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 08:32 - Aug 2 with 1340 viewsJimmyJazz

Decent chain restaurant burger news on 17:06 - Aug 1 by DJR

There was one on Shaftesbury Avenue in the 90s that was quite high profile

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024