Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems quite negative on here. 15:06 - Aug 1 with 3401 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Considering how we did in the second half of last season.
I don’t see the struggles many seem to, this side is far better than the one that was relegated with a much better manager and ownership.

8th. Anything else a massive bonus.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Seems quite negative on here. on 15:11 - Aug 1 with 3120 viewsPerublue

I think it's more pessimism than negativity and more a defence mechanism in that you can't get dissapointed when you expect it.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Seems quite negative on here. on 15:11 - Aug 1 with 3116 viewsSitfcB

We’ll comfortably be top 12 imo, anything else a bonus.

Our defence is looking a bit weak but these players deserve a chance and I’m willing to give them one, could do with another striker also but Hirst and Freddie will share the load again, with Broadhead and Chaplin getting the majority of our goals.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Seems quite negative on here. on 17:31 - Aug 1 with 2944 viewsIllinoisblue

We’ve joined the Championship just as clubs such as Stoke and Birmingham - who have been mediocre/skint for years - have decided to spend money and have a go. The three who came down will all be strong, Leicester in particular.

It won’t be easy at all. Throw in a few injuries and it gets harder. Top half will be an achievement.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Seems quite negative on here. on 17:35 - Aug 1 with 2924 viewsportmanking

Seems quite negative on here. on 17:31 - Aug 1 by Illinoisblue

We’ve joined the Championship just as clubs such as Stoke and Birmingham - who have been mediocre/skint for years - have decided to spend money and have a go. The three who came down will all be strong, Leicester in particular.

It won’t be easy at all. Throw in a few injuries and it gets harder. Top half will be an achievement.

I think it's quite cyclical in the Champ these days, due to FFP.

The likes of Stoke and Birmingham, as you've mentioned, have had to cut their cloth in the last 2-3 seasons after overspending and now they're going for it again in 2023/24.

As a club, we could do without that kind of boom Vs bust cycle and I'm happy with a steady, sustainable evolution of the squad over the next couple of seasons if that's what it takes to become genuine top 6 contenders.
Seems quite negative on here. on 17:39 - Aug 1 with 2893 viewsITFCBlues

I think as things stand, we're at the level we were December last season. Not quite got enough to be where we want to be, but 2 or 3 quality additions could well change that.

It's been an underwhelming window thus far really. Especially with what was said by Ashton about really attacking this division etc. We don't appear to have done the business thus far that would suggest that's the case.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Seems quite negative on here. on 18:38 - Aug 1 with 2782 viewsibbleobble

Mullet mentioned reining optimising in relative to Mick’s stay in the Championship. If one 6th place finish is the best we should be hoping for under KM, I’d say he’s well wide of the mark both in terms of ambition, the momentum and threat we’ll carry.

I’m with you. Top 8 finish for me. It may well be popped with a narrow defeat at Sunderland but we’ll be good for a strong season.
Seems quite negative on here. on 18:48 - Aug 1 with 2740 viewsBobbychase

Seen a few tweets today about how underwhelming our transfer business has been.

Didn't take long to go from crossing our fingers that Aaron Drinan would do the business to demanding double digit signings by the start of August.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Seems quite negative on here. on 19:17 - Aug 1 with 2659 viewsBigCommon

Think a bit of pessimism has arisen with news of injuries
And, perhaps, a less active window than most of us were expecting (so far).
Feels a little bit like our wonderful momentum from last season, when everything we touched turned to gold, has just slowed down a bit...
More "sobering", than anything to wet the bed over.
We start stage 2 of our journey next week. I'm looking forwards to it. The amount of games last year that left me gobsmacked at our results, even when I didn't fancy our chances. Gives me confidence going into the new season.
My expectations are more realistic now. After the dust has settled from the high of getting promoted..
Top 10, with signs of progress. Which means well win some and lose some. Consolidate and keep building. Take a 2 or 3 season run up at getting up from the division. Great if it happens sooner. Not a disaster if we fall short for a season or two.... This time last year we'd just finished mid table L2... We've come a long way in a short space of time.. Big ask to keep up the same trajectory in a higher division. We might have to grow into it .
Login to get fewer ads

Seems quite negative on here. on 19:22 - Aug 1 with 2639 viewstractorboy1978

Has anyone said we will struggle? I think a few have just said they don't think the window so far has been in line with the noises coming out of the club earlier in the summer and they don't think we quite have enough for the top 6 as it stands.
Seems quite negative on here. on 19:32 - Aug 1 with 2593 viewsStewart27

Seems quite negative on here. on 19:17 - Aug 1 by BigCommon

Think a bit of pessimism has arisen with news of injuries
And, perhaps, a less active window than most of us were expecting (so far).
Feels a little bit like our wonderful momentum from last season, when everything we touched turned to gold, has just slowed down a bit...
More "sobering", than anything to wet the bed over.
We start stage 2 of our journey next week. I'm looking forwards to it. The amount of games last year that left me gobsmacked at our results, even when I didn't fancy our chances. Gives me confidence going into the new season.
My expectations are more realistic now. After the dust has settled from the high of getting promoted..
Top 10, with signs of progress. Which means well win some and lose some. Consolidate and keep building. Take a 2 or 3 season run up at getting up from the division. Great if it happens sooner. Not a disaster if we fall short for a season or two.... This time last year we'd just finished mid table L2... We've come a long way in a short space of time.. Big ask to keep up the same trajectory in a higher division. We might have to grow into it .

I’m not sure how our momentum has slowed down from last season if we haven’t kicked a ball.

If you want to count friendlies then we’ve just beaten a champions league team 1-0!
Seems quite negative on here. on 20:11 - Aug 1 with 2503 viewsBigCommon

Seems quite negative on here. on 19:32 - Aug 1 by Stewart27

I’m not sure how our momentum has slowed down from last season if we haven’t kicked a ball.

If you want to count friendlies then we’ve just beaten a champions league team 1-0!

Just said "it feels like it". Does for me, anyway. Think we've taken a couple of knock backs this window. As well as a couple of injuries in the squad.... It's not all going our way, atm...
Seems quite negative on here. on 20:15 - Aug 1 with 2486 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think expectations have been built up, by the club as well as the fans. Now we are a few days away from the start of the season, we have three or four key players probably out injured, and we've failed to land our two min targets for a position that everyone agrees needs strengthened.

The reality of being in the Championship is now kicking in.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 20:18]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Seems quite negative on here. on 20:26 - Aug 1 with 2429 viewscressi

Seems quite negative on here. on 20:15 - Aug 1 by GlasgowBlue

I think expectations have been built up, by the club as well as the fans. Now we are a few days away from the start of the season, we have three or four key players probably out injured, and we've failed to land our two min targets for a position that everyone agrees needs strengthened.

The reality of being in the Championship is now kicking in.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 20:18]

I guess since game changer and Aston have been here the transfer window has been exciting I would same to most this one we have got Hirst after his loan and Jack Taylor a young keeper who last season
could not get in the Stockport side. I guess we all was hoping for better it still May happen.
Seems quite negative on here. on 20:30 - Aug 1 with 2411 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Seems quite negative on here. on 15:11 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

We’ll comfortably be top 12 imo, anything else a bonus.

Our defence is looking a bit weak but these players deserve a chance and I’m willing to give them one, could do with another striker also but Hirst and Freddie will share the load again, with Broadhead and Chaplin getting the majority of our goals.

I don't think so. We will do well to finish in the top half. If we dont get centre backs in we are going to really struggle. Tough season ahead l feel. Not so smooth as a lot sem to think it will be.
Seems quite negative on here. on 20:48 - Aug 1 with 2356 viewsPioneerBlue

Overall it’s only the quality of squad depth that is any cause for raising an eyebrow at this moment. We know MA has said there will be 2-3 new players. Aug sets off with a stable group that have basically completed full preseason together into which we can drop additions as they become available and also tweak if need be after 2-3 games.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Seems quite negative on here. on 21:30 - Aug 1 with 2269 viewsibbleobble

Seems quite negative on here. on 20:11 - Aug 1 by BigCommon

Just said "it feels like it". Does for me, anyway. Think we've taken a couple of knock backs this window. As well as a couple of injuries in the squad.... It's not all going our way, atm...

Not sure why there’s such a clamour for strengthening. I feel it’s just what fans like to see year-on-year. Lots of signings we’ve made over the last two seasons have plenty of Championship experience. A tight knit group playing the way we do will serve us well. We’ve seen in the past how long things can take to come together with many new faces arriving.
Seems quite negative on here. on 21:34 - Aug 1 with 2261 views765765

Seems quite negative on here. on 18:48 - Aug 1 by Bobbychase

Didn't take long to go from crossing our fingers that Aaron Drinan would do the business to demanding double digit signings by the start of August.

Very good reminder 😂
Seems quite negative on here. on 21:50 - Aug 1 with 2216 viewsitfcsuth

I think we’ll finish top 10-12 this season, which I’ll be happy with - anything above that will of course be a welcome bonus.

I’ve noticed a little bit of negativity, but mainly from a the vocal minority - I think by and large many recognise that this group is a strong group, have worked incredibly well under KMc and all deserve there chances to carry on the project in the Championship.
Seems quite negative on here. on 21:51 - Aug 1 with 2214 viewsstonojnr

if you think its negative now, just wait till Town lose their first game or dont win for a sequence of games.
Seems quite negative on here. on 22:32 - Aug 1 with 2150 viewsPioneerBlue

*Reminder*
Finishing around P10 is likely to mean losing around 14-18 games. Let’s not have 18 melt downs, that is a lot of weeks having to deal with melts only to finish in the place where we generally expected to finish in the first place.

For those forecasting a higher finish we’ve don’t nothing to suggest this is possible except hope to carry momentum and hope players adjust real quick; similarly finishing lower half whilst it would be v disappointing it would still be a progress following promotion.

Let’s go at it and take all things that come our way in our stride.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Seems quite negative on here. on 23:07 - Aug 1 with 2102 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Seems quite negative on here. on 22:32 - Aug 1 by PioneerBlue

*Reminder*
Finishing around P10 is likely to mean losing around 14-18 games. Let’s not have 18 melt downs, that is a lot of weeks having to deal with melts only to finish in the place where we generally expected to finish in the first place.

For those forecasting a higher finish we’ve don’t nothing to suggest this is possible except hope to carry momentum and hope players adjust real quick; similarly finishing lower half whilst it would be v disappointing it would still be a progress following promotion.

Let’s go at it and take all things that come our way in our stride.

There will absolutely be bed wetting after every loss, it's what fans are like. I don't think you'll ever get away from that as its the equivalent 30 years ago of moaning about the Towns crap performance in the pub following the game.

You are right about the number of defeats though. From 7th to 13th last season all but one team lost between 16-18 games.
Unless we take this division by absolute surprise, we are nailed on to lose 4 times as many games as we did last season. Some types are going to fail to come to terms with that and blub publicly.
Seems quite negative on here. on 23:47 - Aug 1 with 2063 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

We were great against Burnley and Rotherham last season, even without playing our best XI.
We've kept our squad from last season, managing to secure Hirst and Luongo and have got key players on multi year contracts.
McKenna's on a long term deal.
Made a few exciting signings with more to come.
Can't wait for an exciting season, I'll be happy with top ten with a view to fighting for promotion the season after. But no reason we can't get promoted this season,and I'm not worried one bit!
Seems quite negative on here. on 00:40 - Aug 2 with 2004 viewsVegtablue

Can only speak for myself but, as one who has echoed the disappointment of others today, I'm no less excited about this season. I don't think we'll spend much time in the bottom 6 and I'm just massively relieved to be back in the league I took for granted. Part of me is eager for less signings and the opportunity to find out how capable our L1 band really is. The larger part wants McKenna to have as many of his primary targets as possible - keen for him to feel he can achieve his ambitions here obviously! I've also watched very little Championship since our relegation and so there's a strong feeling of the unknown, which brings a nervous excitement to proceedings but no feeling of dread. My gut presently says the squad isn't ready for another promotion push, based on Ashton's own comments as much as anything else, but my enjoyment of the season never hinged on this and there remains another month of transfer activity to go. I believe we're at least a middle third team if not a top half one.
Seems quite negative on here. on 07:05 - Aug 2 with 1830 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Seems quite negative on here. on 18:48 - Aug 1 by Bobbychase

We clearly haven’t as yet got a couple of players in that the club see as putting us in a position to have a real go. Feels a bit like last Summer to me and if we don’t get what we want in August, presumably we’ll try again at the next window.

Hopefully we’re carrying momentum as that’ll be massive and with a good start who knows where we end up.
Seems quite negative on here. on 07:12 - Aug 2 with 1807 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Seems quite negative on here. on 00:40 - Aug 2 by Vegtablue

Can only speak for myself but, as one who has echoed the disappointment of others today, I'm no less excited about this season. I don't think we'll spend much time in the bottom 6 and I'm just massively relieved to be back in the league I took for granted. Part of me is eager for less signings and the opportunity to find out how capable our L1 band really is. The larger part wants McKenna to have as many of his primary targets as possible - keen for him to feel he can achieve his ambitions here obviously! I've also watched very little Championship since our relegation and so there's a strong feeling of the unknown, which brings a nervous excitement to proceedings but no feeling of dread. My gut presently says the squad isn't ready for another promotion push, based on Ashton's own comments as much as anything else, but my enjoyment of the season never hinged on this and there remains another month of transfer activity to go. I believe we're at least a middle third team if not a top half one.

I feel quite relaxed about it and if it’s not this season I think it’ll be next season that we have a real go. Can’t see us not going up in the short term with this ownership group and structure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024