Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade 07:56 - Aug 1 with 2483 viewsSitfcB

https://ppc.ipswich.gov.uk/appndetails.asp?iAppID=23/00588/ADV&sType=&se

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:00 - Aug 1 with 2410 viewsGeoffSentence

Bit of sponsorship cash coming in from Umbro?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:02 - Aug 1 with 2389 viewsSitfcB

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:00 - Aug 1 by GeoffSentence

You’d assume they might pay a bit towards it, although it says that might not be the final advert. So could be something else.

COYB

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:05 - Aug 1 with 2335 viewsDJR

Looks a bit tacky to me, and I am not sure I have ever seen advertising as large as that. I would thought the planners, and people concerned about the visual aspects of Ipswich, may have concerns, especially as it is one of the first things you see when you arrive by train.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 8:07]
Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:06 - Aug 1 with 2322 viewsSheffordBlue

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:02 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

You’d assume they might pay a bit towards it, although it says that might not be the final advert. So could be something else.

+ - = / *

An everlasting tribute to Ed's tours....

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:09 - Aug 1 with 2270 viewstrncbluearmy

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:05 - Aug 1 by DJR

Looks a bit tacky to me, and I am not sure I have ever seen advertising as large as that. I would thought the planners, and people concerned about the visual aspects of Ipswich, may have concerns, especially as it is one of the first things you see when you arrive by train.

Reckon we can do better then that

Should read on left
This our home
Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:10 - Aug 1 with 2267 viewsITFC_Blood

Also new badge and club name in lights

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:10 - Aug 1 with 2266 viewsitfcjoe

Looks pretty ropey, would rather see something longer lasting and permanent there - as can't imagine Umbro will give us a shedload of cash for such a prime spot

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:10 - Aug 1 with 2254 viewsSitfcB

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:09 - Aug 1 by trncbluearmy

Reckon we can do better then that

Should read on left
This our home

But that’s not Umbros slogan…

As below, might not be that anyway.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:11 - Aug 1 with 2255 viewsthe_toff

Especially as it’s so visible now the staples site is clear. I think something needs to be done with the facade as it is very tired looking, but this isn’t particularly tasteful.
Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:14 - Aug 1 with 2218 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oh dear. Maybe it will look better when actually done.

I'd have gone for giant pics of legends. Kinda like the back of cobbald stand.

Or just kept it simply blue but where the blue is the same colour across the stand.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:16 - Aug 1 with 2181 viewsSitfcB

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:14 - Aug 1 by FrimleyBlue

Oh dear. Maybe it will look better when actually done.

I'd have gone for giant pics of legends. Kinda like the back of cobbald stand.

Or just kept it simply blue but where the blue is the same colour across the stand.

Yeah but more money in and all that!

It can only look better than it does now!

COYB

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:17 - Aug 1 with 2154 viewsFrimleyBlue

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:16 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

Yeah but more money in and all that!

It can only look better than it does now!

Very true.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:18 - Aug 1 with 2145 viewsSitfcB

Also, I reckon the club have their figures crossed that these flats get condemned…

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/23677383.churchmans-house-ipswich-special-saf

COYB

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:23 - Aug 1 with 2088 viewsChurchman

I like the lettering but not the logo. It’s a bit meh. The trouble is that it’s the back of a stand and hardly a thing of beauty in the first place.

On the upside, any money in to offset cost is a good thing, it may not look quite so bad in the tin and when the Staples site is rebuilt, it’ll be shrouded in another building(s) anyway.

I was hoping for a mural of a horse stamping on a budgie, but there it is.
Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:27 - Aug 1 with 2048 viewsElephantintheRoom

Game seems an unfortunate choice of words

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:27 - Aug 1 with 2050 viewsParky

Looks awful, here’s hoping they decide against it.
Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:28 - Aug 1 with 2039 viewstrncbluearmy

One bloody great big TV screen would be better with Club badge both sides
and THIS IS PORTMAN ROAD above it.

Be able to see it from the station
We can send the scum special welcome message
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 8:29]
Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:35 - Aug 1 with 1965 viewshoppy

Agreed… but as it says, it may not be that… more likely to be this…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

“The Ipswich Town Stadium Bowl…. on 08:46 - Aug 1 with 1853 viewsBloots

….in Association with Umbro”

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:53 - Aug 1 with 1771 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Doesn't bother me, and if it brings in extra revenue for players...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:57 - Aug 1 with 1728 viewsMullet

Looks like Churchmans that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 09:08 - Aug 1 with 1619 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 08:00 - Aug 1 by GeoffSentence

Would suggest we have a pretty long term contract with them if they are having three 50ft logos painted onto the stand….
Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 12:06 - Aug 1 with 1283 viewsibbleobble

Needs fairy lights and festoon lighting.
Planning permission sought for new South Stand facade on 13:45 - Aug 1 with 1164 viewsMuncher

Do note that the submitted plan says:

NOTE: Advertising shown in
drawing is an indicative
representation of the
clubs aspirations only. Final advertisement TBC

That's by no means what the middle section will look like, they have simply applied for permission to advertise there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024