Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady 11:35 - Jun 28 with 3610 viewsCaptainWoodsy

Would be two very good players at this level.
Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 11:38 - Jun 28 with 3559 viewsGeoffSentence

Both England internationals, so, yes, very good for this level.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 11:49 - Jun 28 with 3457 viewsjayessess

There was a lot of chat about Leicester being in real financial trouble this season, but Year 1 parachute teams almost always chuck the kitchen sink at things to get back up.

Basically, you're dependent on them screwing up either their recruitment or being dysfunctional as a collective, rather than them actually being weak.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 11:53 - Jun 28 with 3378 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

And interested in Tom Cairney

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 12:30 - Jun 28 with 3146 viewsle2blue

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 11:49 - Jun 28 by jayessess

There was a lot of chat about Leicester being in real financial trouble this season, but Year 1 parachute teams almost always chuck the kitchen sink at things to get back up.

Basically, you're dependent on them screwing up either their recruitment or being dysfunctional as a collective, rather than them actually being weak.

They're not in financial trouble, but they need to get promoted this season else they will be. They've basically mortgaged future television / parachute payments for the next three years, taking the money as an advance last summer from Macquarie's.

The investments they'll make this summer on players will all be dependent on trading to cover the £100M in lost revenue and then any player purchase costs, which with Maddison, Barnes and a few others going I'm sure they'll be able to do.

They'll be the favourites and strong, personally not entirely convinced on their new coach though, he lasted 6 months in his last head coach job, maybe the Pep magic will help him this time around but he's going to be under unbelievable pressure from the get go.
Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 12:33 - Jun 28 with 3107 viewsIllinoisblue

This will be a heck of a team for the Championship. They should be getting automatic.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 12:37 - Jun 28 with 3057 viewsTrequartista

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 11:49 - Jun 28 by jayessess

I remember when they went down with us in 2001/02, went into administration a few weeks into 2002/03 and then won the league that same season.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 12:38 - Jun 28 with 3046 viewsburnbudgiesburn

They remind me of the Sheffield Wednesday team that came down in 1990 that had David Hirst, Roland Nillsson, Carlton Palmer, John Sheridan, Nigel Worthington etc.

The only other team I remember as strong as that in the 2nd tier would have been West Ham in the early 80's with Brooking, Devonshire etc.
Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 12:49 - Jun 28 with 2954 viewsiamipswich

I'm ok with them spending £10 Million on Winks tbh. Not really sure what exactly he brings to the table.

Poll: Who will return first?

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 13:02 - Jun 28 with 2863 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 12:49 - Jun 28 by iamipswich

I'm ok with them spending £10 Million on Winks tbh. Not really sure what exactly he brings to the table.

He brings 10 England caps 100 plus Premier leaue games and quite a unique skillset. He wasnt good enough to be a regular for a top 8 prem team. But he is easily good enough to be a premier league footballer.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 13:39 - Jun 28 with 2633 viewsStu_boy

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 12:38 - Jun 28 by burnbudgiesburn

They remind me of the Sheffield Wednesday team that came down in 1990 that had David Hirst, Roland Nillsson, Carlton Palmer, John Sheridan, Nigel Worthington etc.

The only other team I remember as strong as that in the 2nd tier would have been West Ham in the early 80's with Brooking, Devonshire etc.

From memory didnt west ham retain a really strong squad consisting of david james, jermaine defoe, michael carrick, tomas repka along with adding zamora and harewood?
Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 13:56 - Jun 28 with 2556 viewsRopeyAdvice

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 12:30 - Jun 28 by le2blue

They're not in financial trouble, but they need to get promoted this season else they will be. They've basically mortgaged future television / parachute payments for the next three years, taking the money as an advance last summer from Macquarie's.

The investments they'll make this summer on players will all be dependent on trading to cover the £100M in lost revenue and then any player purchase costs, which with Maddison, Barnes and a few others going I'm sure they'll be able to do.

They'll be the favourites and strong, personally not entirely convinced on their new coach though, he lasted 6 months in his last head coach job, maybe the Pep magic will help him this time around but he's going to be under unbelievable pressure from the get go.

Agree with this completely. Will definitely be interesting to see how the manager does.. I wouldn't wish financial capitulation on anybody but I would love it if Leicester mucked it all up ha ..Same goes for Leeds and Southampton.. eat shheeet we are the Town!
Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 14:51 - Jun 28 with 2376 viewsiamipswich

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 13:02 - Jun 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

He brings 10 England caps 100 plus Premier leaue games and quite a unique skillset. He wasnt good enough to be a regular for a top 8 prem team. But he is easily good enough to be a premier league footballer.

Of course, everything you say is factually correct and my message sounded more scathing than I intended (a work call came in so I fired off the post) but I genuinely don't know what the 'unique skillset' is.

He's largely contributed, often from the bench, in teams that have flattered to deceive (relegated bottom with Sampdoria season just gone) and does not represent an immediate attacking or defensive threat.

I know this sounds negative about Winks but I'm just not losing sleep if £10 Million of their finite funds goes on him.

Poll: Who will return first?

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 17:22 - Jun 28 with 2143 viewstractordownsouth

Coady yes, Winks no. He's not worth anywhere near £10m.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 19:18 - Jun 28 with 1920 viewsbournemouthblue

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 12:38 - Jun 28 by burnbudgiesburn

Newcastle came down with a ridiculously strong side, I think that's the strongest side I have seen on paper

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%9310_Newcastle_United_F.C._season
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 19:21]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 19:19 - Jun 28 with 1911 viewsbournemouthblue

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 13:39 - Jun 28 by Stu_boy

From memory didnt west ham retain a really strong squad consisting of david james, jermaine defoe, michael carrick, tomas repka along with adding zamora and harewood?

They did but Newcastle were stronger I would say

They still had players like Kevin Nolan in the side

[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 19:22]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 08:12 - Jun 29 with 1519 viewsYppswyche

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 19:19 - Jun 28 by bournemouthblue

They did but Newcastle were stronger I would say

They still had players like Kevin Nolan in the side

[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 19:22]

That midfield of Nolan, Barton & Smith made us look like kids giving it a go at FPR that season
Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 08:28 - Jun 29 with 1478 viewsChurchman

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 13:02 - Jun 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yet at 27 he’s made surprisingly few league appearances, been shoved out on loan to Italy and yes, did play for England but three years ago now. If he’s good enough to be a PL middle/lower half PL player, why doesn’t anyone want him?

£10m for that and wages which will be I presume will be £50k a week doesn’t look great business to me. Still, if he plays a full season of games for the first time in four years and gets them back in the PL, it’ll be worth it.
Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 08:33 - Jun 29 with 1462 viewsnodge_blue

Leicester in talks with Harry Winks and Conor Coady on 12:49 - Jun 28 by iamipswich

Winks is a very average player. Thought he was over rated a couple of years back and his current trajectory suggests that. Jack Taylor is better. Look at his goals last year for a start.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024