Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Actively looking to Emigrate now 11:57 - Sep 27 with 13595 viewshype313

Both myself and my partner have discussed it for a few years and now we are both at the point where we think its time to leave blighty, can't believe we stuck around the past 6-7 years and looking forward, it's grim, even if Labour get in in 2024.

Both kids are in early stages at school so minimal disruption there, the only thing I'll miss is going to PR every other week, but that's it, and certainly not a strong enough pull to keep us here.

Sad state of affairs, but just can't see a promising future in this country for us or our children.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 11:57 - Sep 27 with 5219 viewsunbelievablue

Where to?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 11:59 - Sep 27 with 5193 viewsDanTheMan

I've definitely thought about it. I think I'd miss quite a few of my friends and family a bit too much but the scales are evening up the longer this goes on.

Thankfully I work in a job where I could do it from practically anywhere and live fairly comfortably. My partner is hoping to do a doctorate soon so might have to wait for that.

I'm hoping this is just the death throes of this Government rather than the country though. I'm still fairly angry about everything from the past 10 years or so.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 11:59 - Sep 27 with 5196 viewsitfcjoe

My situation just doesn't allow for it, but can see why people would be looking to do it now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:01 - Sep 27 with 5194 viewshype313

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 11:57 - Sep 27 by unbelievablue

Where to?

We both work for organisations that have offices in Singapore, Canada, Australia, and have had positive initial discussion with all three offices.

Won't be an overnight move, but we're putting plans together.

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:07 - Sep 27 with 5118 viewsSitfcB

I like the thought of it but just don’t think I could do it, could emigrate to New Zealand tomorrow if I wanted to.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:08 - Sep 27 with 5100 viewschicoazul

Just remember; wherever you go, you’ll still be you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:10 - Sep 27 with 5066 viewsSwansea_Blue

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 11:57 - Sep 27 by unbelievablue

Where to?

Essex. Time to break free of the constraints of Suffolk and spread those wings.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:10 - Sep 27 with 5059 viewsRyorry

Friends of mine 12 years ago very presciently saw the direction things were going in here, and moved to NZ with their very large family, including parents, kids & grandkids.

If I'd been still working age & fitter, I'd have considered joining them. Am even more jealous but happy for them now of course. They've no regrets, are absolutely loving it.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:11 - Sep 27 with 5053 viewshype313

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:08 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

Just remember; wherever you go, you’ll still be you.

Deep.

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:11 - Sep 27 with 5053 viewsWD19

I hear Norway is nice.
Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:12 - Sep 27 with 5024 viewsSwansea_Blue

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:01 - Sep 27 by hype313

We both work for organisations that have offices in Singapore, Canada, Australia, and have had positive initial discussion with all three offices.

Won't be an overnight move, but we're putting plans together.

They're all long haul destinations, so it probably will be an overnight move

If it was me, depending on where the offices were, I'd be looking at:
1) Canada
2) Oz
3) Singapore

But I suppose it depends on the city.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:15 - Sep 27 with 4979 viewsclive_baker

Not to p1ss on your chips as I agree with your sentiment, but think carefully about where you go. I'm fortunate to have lived in different countries through work, and the grass isn't always greener to a home bird like me. So many things I hate about the UK but a lot I love too, and missed deeply. Not least family & friends, certain elements of our culture etc. There's a lot of countries going to sh1t, not just ours!

That's not to say it might not be right for you of course, just do your homework and try before you buy would be my advice.

Good luck.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:17 - Sep 27 with 4955 viewshype313

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:12 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

1) Canada
2) Oz
3) Singapore

I know that most countries, if not all, have their issues, but having lived in Oz previously and with lots of family there, it would make the move/change a little easier and giving our children a great life.

I just can't see a promising future here, the country is tied up in knots, so much anger and division everywhere you turn.

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:19 - Sep 27 with 4939 viewslowhouseblue

which particular aspects of the uk are you looking to escape?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:19 - Sep 27 with 4938 viewsBlueNomad

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:12 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

1) Canada
2) Oz
3) Singapore

1) - Vancouver area? Great quality of life.

Is the weak £ a barrier to emigrating at the moment?
Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:21 - Sep 27 with 4904 viewsRyorry

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:17 - Sep 27 by hype313

I know that most countries, if not all, have their issues, but having lived in Oz previously and with lots of family there, it would make the move/change a little easier and giving our children a great life.

I just can't see a promising future here, the country is tied up in knots, so much anger and division everywhere you turn.

Whereabouts in Aus would be key methinks. On top of the usual considerations, climates in different parts increasing whatever pattern they previously had, sad to say.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:22 - Sep 27 with 4915 viewsIllinoisblue

“Minimum disruption” is doing some heavy lifting there. Not saying kids aren’t adaptable but new country, new school, making new friends… not sure it’s easy for anyone.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:24 - Sep 27 with 4878 viewsnoggin

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:11 - Sep 27 by WD19

I hear Norway is nice.

We don't want you lot spoiling the peace over here.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:25 - Sep 27 with 4846 viewsPhilTWTD

An old friend of mine moved to Malta post-Brexit.
Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:47 - Sep 27 with 4665 viewsblueasfook

If I was going to emigrate anywhere, it would be NZ.

Cousin of mine moved there about 10 years ago and he loves it.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:50 - Sep 27 with 4632 viewsElephantintheRoom

Do it sooner rather than later would be my advice. Personally I wouldn’t touch Australia with a barge pole, nor Singapore unless working short term - but my sister went to Vancouver and never regretted it for an instant. If your Canadian office is in Toronto etc you might want to think twice - hellishly humid in summer and perishingly cold in winter.

If you can work from home you might want to consider somewhere closer and more civilised - France for example

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:51 - Sep 27 with 4625 viewsurbanblue

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:17 - Sep 27 by hype313

Not sure when you lived in Australia, but things have changed here a lot over the past few years too, and not for the better. I'm sure your family here will have kept you updated on things though.

Then again, there are problems all over the world at the moment.

I have to say some of the stuff going on in Canada sounds far worse.
Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:52 - Sep 27 with 4611 viewsurbanblue

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 11:59 - Sep 27 by itfcjoe

My situation just doesn't allow for it, but can see why people would be looking to do it now

I can understand that Joe. Blue Monday has to take priority for sure.
Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:54 - Sep 27 with 4581 viewsgiant_stow

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:51 - Sep 27 by urbanblue

Not sure when you lived in Australia, but things have changed here a lot over the past few years too, and not for the better. I'm sure your family here will have kept you updated on things though.

Then again, there are problems all over the world at the moment.

I have to say some of the stuff going on in Canada sounds far worse.

I thought Australia was going great guns - what's happened?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:57 - Sep 27 with 4551 viewsclive_baker

Actively looking to Emigrate now on 12:50 - Sep 27 by ElephantintheRoom

Do it sooner rather than later would be my advice. Personally I wouldn’t touch Australia with a barge pole, nor Singapore unless working short term - but my sister went to Vancouver and never regretted it for an instant. If your Canadian office is in Toronto etc you might want to think twice - hellishly humid in summer and perishingly cold in winter.

If you can work from home you might want to consider somewhere closer and more civilised - France for example

There isn't a cat in hells chance I would live in Toronto. Expensive, horrible climate, busy, nothing particularly notable about it culturally, not especially nice to look at. Would sooner live in Montreal if you're that side of Canada but wouldn't move there either.

I missed British climate for sure, love having 4 distinct seasons and seeing them change. Missed our pub culture too, in any of those seasons. Can't beat a nice old pub, fire lit, few pints, days at the football etc. Or beer garden vibes in summer.

Agree France might be an option but Paris is horrible in parts now. Get down South and you might be on to a winner, also easy to visit the UK.

Maybe a move to a different part of the UK might help the OP. Friend of mine has recently gone up to Scotland and is enjoying it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024